PDA

View Full Version : Rankings

Sunlitedragon
10th October 2005, 06:08 PM
Has anybody else noticed that your rank doesn't change every time it should? Its changing every 1 1/2 hour to 2 hours...kind of upsetting...

loldongs
10th October 2005, 08:47 PM
mine is changing but a few minutes after it shoudl. To me its really not a big deal at this point

Mihael
11th October 2005, 03:15 AM
Mine updates with the following intervals as it should, 1h/update/1h/update and so on. The 2m difference has been there since as long as i can remember, if you check when the update should enable it will be at 0m when at your Board states the following: KoC Board Turn = 28m (Next Turn in).

Davie
11th October 2005, 03:34 AM
Mine changes a few minutes after the update, and like Lold expressed it doesnt really matter. Whatever happens it will all eventually be udated

HoD
11th October 2005, 04:00 AM
Right, so with a bit of a delay I've started Age 5. I start CW, click me some links,and I'm very surprised. Just check this example:

Strike Action 1,051 Ranked #29,877

Thats just the SA of my Untrained Soldiers 284

Now, I refresh:

But this time with Untrained Soldiers 303

What is up with that? I don't expect my ranks to change every 5 seconds, but I would like my actual stats to update sooner. Is this the same thing you guys are talking about or are you talking about the ranks?

HoD

NC_philosopher
11th October 2005, 05:40 AM
Right, so with a bit of a delay I've started Age 5. I start CW, click me some links,and I'm very surprised. Just check this example:

Thats just the SA of my Untrained Soldiers 284

Now, I refresh:

But this time with Untrained Soldiers 303

What is up with that? I don't expect my ranks to change every 5 seconds, but I would like my actual stats to update sooner. Is this the same thing you guys are talking about or are you talking about the ranks?

HoD

i've also noticed. i spied someone with a low DA (i've a low SA) but a lot of untrained soldiers. my SA was double his DA but when i attacked him, his DA seemed a lot higher... his DA was not updated...

Xull
11th October 2005, 05:54 AM
What is up with that? I don't expect my ranks to change every 5 seconds, but I would like my actual stats to update sooner. Is this the same thing you guys are talking about or are you talking about the ranks?not quite... I think that is done to save some workload for the server. Your main stats are not updated when your link gets clicked or you receive up... With the large number of people who get units at the same time (especially with up) it would take quite a bit more calculation to update everyone's stats. Especially later on in the game, for most people it won't make that big of a difference unless they have quite a few is that haven't been factored in either. Your stats do, however, get updated when you buy/train something, spy, attack, or are attacked. TBG is updated though... that doesn't take as much processing :)

Later on in the game it will be something to watch out for though... someone who just got up (say 640) and has that many extra invisibility shields might have a little higher da than you expected ;)

HoD
11th October 2005, 06:15 AM
not quite... I think that is done to save some workload for the server. Your main stats are not updated when your link gets clicked or you receive up... With the large number of people who get units at the same time (especially with up) it would take quite a bit more calculation to update everyone's stats. Especially later on in the game, for most people it won't make that big of a difference unless they have quite a few is that haven't been factored in either. Your stats do, however, get updated when you buy/train something, spy, attack, or are attacked. TBG is updated though... that doesn't take as much processing :)

Later on in the game it will be something to watch out for though... someone who just got up (say 640) and has that many extra invisibility shields might have a little higher da than you expected ;)
Ooh, right I see. Makes sense now that I think about it ^_^ I just didn't buy any weapons yet. Silly me :p

HoD