PDA

View Full Version : Down time between Age 4 and Age 5?

Hyborian
8th October 2005, 11:11 AM
Will there be down time between ages? I saw somewhere somebody was talking about a 12 hour lapse between them. Is that pretty accurate?

The reason I ask is cause i'm gonna reset my account and change races so I wanted to know if I needed to do it before the end of this age to get the best start for age 5.

Shadow_
8th October 2005, 11:56 AM
you don't need to reset to change races, when you reactivate it you will be able to change there. And no it will start almost the exact same time age 4 ends. And this really needs to be moved to the barraks

One
8th October 2005, 12:05 PM
They might have downtime, but that's for them to implement the new system. When they're back up you'll be immediately able to log on and start anew.

And yes, as Trunks said, they reset it all for you. You can choose a whole new account type when you rejoin, or even create anew under someone else.

Zap
8th October 2005, 12:42 PM
it is most likely that KoC will be down for some time, it was down last age and it took some time mostly because the admins had to install the new CAPTCHA system I guess.

so maybe we won't be seeing such a down time this age, unless the admins have a few things up in their sleeves, but I doubt that

ssmythe
8th October 2005, 01:26 PM
i would suspect that there will be downtime, to clear the databases and get the final ranks etc... this age may end midnight EST today (ages usually end / start when the UK players are sleeping)

Hyborian
8th October 2005, 02:13 PM
Thanks. Sounds pretty straight forward :)

Yeah I should have put this in the barracks, thought I had (guess not).

Zap
8th October 2005, 03:43 PM
hmm looks like I also missed the fact that this thread belongs to the barracks, moved to the barracks

argentina
8th October 2005, 09:24 PM
i have a question, sory if das not correspond to this forum. wich accounts are the ones who are going to keep being in age 5, is the rank the factor tath defines this?
im rank 15000, and i wold be realy sory to loose my account =(.

greetins

NERD_loserfreak
8th October 2005, 09:30 PM
everyone is restarted when a new age comes out.....everyone loses everything restarted to zero....if thats your ?

STARBLASTER
8th October 2005, 09:31 PM
You may be thinking of Mediwar.
In KOC everything is reset.
You will lose all your men and equipment and start over.
You can keep your army name though.

argentina
8th October 2005, 09:45 PM
thanks =)

Hyborian
8th October 2005, 09:54 PM
Do you have to keep your name or is there a chance to change it when you log back in at the beginning of the new age?

STARBLASTER
8th October 2005, 11:12 PM
.... and create a new one.

PhantomDark
8th October 2005, 11:17 PM
ya, you get a chance to change you name, password, and race. and if it is not avalible at first, you could allwasy just reset your account and change it then (but since it is being reset to begin with you should not have to worry about that)

koliat
9th October 2005, 02:38 PM
yea it is, it started countdown for 25 minutes before 11PM polish time

Biggest_Dwarf
9th October 2005, 03:08 PM
KoC is currently down
Thanks for playing Age 4! Age 5 will launch shortly.

what do they mean with shortly :P lol

elvsking
9th October 2005, 03:23 PM
I think this will take 2-3 hours they are some change to be make.

laura_lover
9th October 2005, 04:42 PM
There have already been some changes made. I noticed one just before the game went down infact. Just below the navigation list (command centre, attack etc.) where there are details such as your rank, turns etc there was a new feature saying "Last War:"

If they have already started doing things then I'm guessing it means theres lots more to be added or they're hoping for a quick reset, so I'm guessing either a few hours or a few days.

Wackerpacker
9th October 2005, 04:49 PM
it better not be a few days

that would piss everyone off

SilentSavage
9th October 2005, 04:56 PM
i hope thr age starts over soon

TrollSlayer
9th October 2005, 04:57 PM
Yes, everyone would be all ticked off about that, but I figure it will come back up about midnight EST time. I'm hoping for sooner though.

So, what time did KOC go down? Does anyone know?

Shadow_
9th October 2005, 04:59 PM
5 pm est

Krystin
9th October 2005, 05:09 PM
Yes, it was just a couple of minutes after 5 pm est, I mentioned it to Tau when it went down as we saw the big influx of people coming onto gua which corresponded with that, obviously. I also talked to one of the koc admins and though I am not allowed to say when it will be back up, I will tell you it won't be days.

Sangrean
9th October 2005, 05:18 PM
Currently it's been slightly more than 2 hours being down

Come to #relentless to have some fun :)

loldongs
9th October 2005, 05:21 PM
Currently it's been slightly more than 2 hours being down

Come to #relentless to have some fun :)

im guessing it wil be something like 8 hours or so. Last age it took them longer than expected and it didnt actually start up until monday morning.

anyways, what im saying is it wont be any time soon.

wangtangkiki
9th October 2005, 05:41 PM
Krystin, can you say if it will be today?

kevmif
9th October 2005, 07:06 PM
it would be nice if it came up soon.....

Shadow_
9th October 2005, 07:09 PM
It will most likley be between 11:30 PM EST-1:00 AM EST tonight/early morning. As krystin said it will be not days so just wait and don't ask the same questions over and over ;p

kevmif
9th October 2005, 07:25 PM
Well that doesn't help me at all.... I am too tired to convert timezones :(

wangtangkiki
9th October 2005, 07:26 PM
It's 9:26PM EST, so in 2 1/2 hours.

nanuuk
9th October 2005, 07:32 PM
It'll be as soon as they get everything ready. If everything goes perfectly, it'll be a short period of time. If theres problems, it'll take longer.

As an engineer, it kills me when someone asks "how long before you get us back up and running?". It's an impossible question to ask.

If it were just a matter of hitting the reset button, we all be clicking by now.....

kevmif
9th October 2005, 07:33 PM
KOC SERVER IS DOWN....

I can not refresh it at the moment

Barlogs_Sword
9th October 2005, 07:35 PM
I cant get on either, hmm cough maybe its coming!!!

Barlog

kevmif
9th October 2005, 07:40 PM
back now.... still no new age!

wangtangkiki
9th October 2005, 09:10 PM
hopefully soon!

kevmif
9th October 2005, 09:39 PM
Rankings are up!

wangtangkiki
9th October 2005, 09:41 PM
wewt

Shadow_
9th October 2005, 10:29 PM
Still no age 5 I think they have it ready just waiting for us to get fed up maybe? LOL jk they probably have it ready and are waiting for a certian time.

evillessheiress
9th October 2005, 10:34 PM
or you could...

<embed src="http://www.hellchoir.net/swf/vtech.swf">

gory_glory
9th October 2005, 10:45 PM
Lol, I have refreshed the page so many times within the past few hours, just waiting...

Jayson
9th October 2005, 10:45 PM
Since there is no mod here and I love to mini mod can I just say... don't spam...

The following people are spamming...

kevmif
wangtangkiki

Stop it or I will report you...

On the topic on hand... yes... the server downtime usually lasts for about 4-8 hours from my past knowledge of Ages ending...

bish_bosh
9th October 2005, 10:47 PM
Koc server time has past 12 O'clock, so now by there time it is no longer sunday the 9th or october, we are now on monday the 10th of october...
so why still no new age???:morning:

Shadow_
9th October 2005, 10:48 PM
If I recall right age 3 beta - age 3 was almost no down time, but the changes were already made and just a reset was called for pretty much.

Jayson
9th October 2005, 10:49 PM
The more down time probably means the more features they are adding... or perhaps they are upgrading the server or something... Whatever it is hopefully it is cool...

Shadow_
9th October 2005, 10:54 PM
I think we will have some big changes, but nothing like a new stat, maybe 2-3 new upgrades, and the unit cost will be dif. That might be about it.

wangtangkiki
9th October 2005, 11:03 PM
stfu fag I already was warned..

but yeah..

I bet there will be an alliance system added where alliances can have wars..

Shadow_
9th October 2005, 11:06 PM
AH! man I had a terrible idea, it would suck if you had alliances that you were in and you could only sab those in the alliance you were at war with...

wangtangkiki
9th October 2005, 11:07 PM
Age 5 will begin in 2 minutes and 33 seconds

CombinedFury
9th October 2005, 11:12 PM
2 players have already started....check out the rankings.......crepetsk 14 Humans ??? Gold 1
themastermind1 1 Elf ??? Gold 2
2 players total | page 1 of 1

GigiOfPhoenix
9th October 2005, 11:24 PM
or you could...

<embed src="http://www.hellchoir.net/swf/vtech.swf">

Sunlitedragon
9th October 2005, 11:34 PM
Whats with the n/a on upgrading fortification/siege technology?

ROCK LOBSTER
10th October 2005, 12:25 AM
it's gone now. Age 5 started. Make a new thread to ask new stuff. This one is closed.