PDA

View Full Version : RPR Clan Lounge

asda[wc3]
1st October 2004, 09:27 AM
This is the RPRevolution's clan lounge, which's main purpose is to create all the relevant information we need to get started.

First order of the day: Brainstorm. Though I'd prefer a Brainhurricane.

Topics:
any NPCs
PCs
How/who/when and why the PCs are together
the local area

I will post my ideas in a seperate post later on.

Morrigan
1st October 2004, 09:38 AM
If you want to fill me up a little bit more on the information. Then I will begin editing this post on my beliefs, disbeliefs, and what ever else there is. Are you trying to say what kind of NPC's should there be when you say, "Any NPCs". PCs Please verify what you want or need to know. We can't discuss something unless we know what we are discussing, now can we?

Perad
1st October 2004, 10:36 AM
Overview
From what i understood in the recruitment thread you wanted to create a new type of BA. A BA where spars and quests actually mean something rather than a one off encounter. I got the idea that you wanted to create some type of storyteller style BA. Where there would be a ongoing aim or objective in which we are all bound by, this would be controlled by you or someone else.

Well i have an idea to get the ball rolling

any NPCs
We need npc's, its a way of controlling the development of both characters and quests. I would say we would need a weapons vendor, a "bad guy", a rich guy. The some random ones. Like fortune teller. Stuff like them would only really be used on quests.

PCs
I will make my character depending on the way this goes

I think the characters shouldn't be tied together at all. Instead they are all strangers. Like the start of a Tom Clancy novel where everyone comes together. Maybe split the clan into 2 threads. These are quests. We are stuck in a town being attacked by an enemy. While we have no quarrel with the enemy they want to raze the town to the ground and kill all occupants. The only way to escape is to team up with the people around us. Thus the clan is created like that. After this it would leave everything really open for follow ups, characters will have different aims, objectives and hopes.

Also it gives a reason why the clan is together, maybe have 4 starting in an inn and another lot of people in a castle keep or something. Somewhere along the way we meet up.

the local area
Like i said above it would be a medieval town, then after that i think we should stay confined to one world.

What do people think... any potential here?

Bad_Kharma
1st October 2004, 03:23 PM
Well, i will always play with Ingold so if any of you play with a char that knows Ingold, Ingold will know him (duh).

As for NPC's, how will this be done, will we all have some< NPC's under our control or are there just a few NPC's all under your (meaning asda) control?

As for a common goal, if the goal doesn't suit Ingold, he won't help, unless you make it interesting for him. I thought the objective was of giving your chars a mind of their own. Instead you see many people rp: "OOOH, it would be the right thing to do so let's join" and by doing so they completely forget that their char might just have a problem with doing the right thing in this case.

I did it a lot in the beginning when I started rping, my char would go out of his way to do the right thing because I thought it to be the right thing. a quest to do good, ah let's join.

Of course, now my char will still do the right thing cause deep down he tries to be a good guy, he'll just be reluctant to do it unless you make it appealing to him. If it serves in his advantage, of course he will help. On the other hand, if he believes in a good cause strongly enough, he will do evil to achieve that cause (slaughter a thousand innocent people, no problem).

In short, I like Ingold so I better be able to use him ... as he is my only char.

I agree with the medieval settings, i would have it no other way.

It would really help if you posted what you had in mind asda

asda[wc3]
2nd October 2004, 03:24 AM
Overview
From what i understood in the recruitment thread you wanted to create a new type of BA. A BA where spars and quests actually mean something rather than a one off encounter. I got the idea that you wanted to create some type of storyteller style BA. Where there would be a ongoing aim or objective in which we are all bound by, this would be controlled by you or someone else.

He's summed it up in a nutshell there. And I see i'm going to have to put a lot into this to get a lot out of it.

Right, well my idea is that the characters have no choice about being together. They are forced together for X reason, which means that if this goes against their morals/beliefs then the PC won't be discluded [simply because his character isn't doing anything].

So in PC terms, almost anything goes.

Mostly when i say NPCs, I mean characters in the surrounding area which we might bump into, such as my example of the bandit group previously.

AS for the world, i like end's idea of the characters being in the town for their own reason and then being pulled together from there. Don't worry about NPCs right now, let's just get the world and storyline straight first.

A town which has made it's riches from the surrounding forests has quickly made enemies with the forest dwellers. The forest dwellers insist that the logging should not continue in such quantity and they also ask other things, such as trees are not all taken from one area and that they are replanted. However, the greedy town do not heed them and continue their massacring of the forest. After more negotiations the town still does not heed the woodlanders and so they retaliate in force. They besiege the town, meaning to raze it as the inhabitants themselves had done their own home [irony always makes something that little more interesting :)]

The PCs happen to be in the town at the time and in desperation the mayor orders the town mage to put a gees on these warriors to do something. What tht something actually is is quite difficult to think of, as the only thing I can think of is to destroy the wood in revenge .... but that's just stupid and won't really push the clan on much.

So your ideas/alterations please.

Duke Manboy IV
2nd October 2004, 09:42 AM
Well... in reaction to what Asda just said:
This might be a problem, or it might become a very complex storyline, because Ghorgrond, the character I'm going to use, is an Earth mage and a real nature freak.
You'll have to give him a very good reason to join, or perhaps make Ingold (they know each other quite well.) persuade him somehow.

But in general, I'd say it would be better if we wouldn't have a vast location.
All clans have their headquarters in mighty citadels, so I think it would be cool if we wouldn't have one, simply to be controversial.
Or we could just have some sort of small cottage where we meet, right next to the mighty city walls.

The stereotypical NPC's, would be:
- the children playing in the street.
- the women chatting at one's door.
- the stranger
- the town drunk
- the merchant annex swindler.
- the old man always sitting outside, observing people and knowing the last gossip.

Perad
2nd October 2004, 10:14 AM
In light of what Punk said i think it draws up an interesting idea. Asda triggered it with people all joined together by factor X.

Now although the town idea is good you must understand that this is flawed because once we liberate/escape/destroy the town what keeps us under the same roof? The answer is nothing.

So we need something which is on going, maybe we are all residents of a castle, this way we are all tied to this one spot, people can move into the castle and move out etc. To make it more interesting its an ancient castle recently moved into and its in the middle of nowhere. So it now has become a stop off place for travellers... how about there has been storms and there is flood waters stopping people from leaving. This could lead to people getting confortable and not wanting to leave when the flood waters receded?

The problem with this though is that the castle is a big place, although it would set an awesome backdrop for spars and quests you have the location problem, not everyone will be in the same room, there will be different clusters of people etc. But yes i think residents of a castle could give a very eceltic mix of people with different personalities etc.

asda[wc3]
2nd October 2004, 12:04 PM
A castle would be a very interesting backdrop but it's not much of a link, as most likely some characters would just wander away.

*Works his creative muscles*

Of course, we could do some clichéd shit about all the characters are drawn to one spot by 'fate' and then have a quest layed upon their shoulders by some mysterious woman.

But I'd like to be more original, though magic is always an interesting idea [where fate isn't]. How about a very powerful NPC or even my character calls this group together and then curses them to not be able to move from within 500 metres of eachother until they fulfil his quest. But if a quest is singular, once we've completed that, then what happens?

How about .... the curser is killed and so is unable to lift the curse. The result being that the Pcs are eternally cursed with this. Then, finding it difficult to live their lives solitarily they decide to join together. But THEN the major problem is that the characters are left wandering and I know from experience clans with little-no aim just fade out and die.

Perad
2nd October 2004, 12:25 PM
Its a tricky one. I personally like the castle idea, but hey i have 2 more.

1) A rich man employs us for something, he's like a god like npc or something. Spars would revolve around trying to get his favour, quests would be prearranged by npc.

Good things: Have a real tie, have quests and spars which mean something
Bad things: The whole rich man things a bit gay. Not all people are powered by wealth.

2) A town, the clan HQ is a town hall where people go to talk to a major.

Or maybe we are missing something hear. What about we have some sort of goal based story. We can have the beginning maybe one of us is hexed, he asks for help, some offer though kindness of spirit, others for the promise of wealth. Fights can spark up between members. It would lead on to the end where we save a town or world or something...

Good things: Various locations,
characters are linked to someone as a result have something in common,
Lots of quest opportunities
Clan HQ would be the camp in which the hex guy is based

Bad things: It feels really flawed, the whole idea was to adapt the free form RP area, by putting people in a location with a quest its not exactly freeform is it.

asda[wc3]
3rd October 2004, 04:39 AM
Well, they're interesting ideas but at this rate we're never gonig to decide on one. So I ask all members to vote for one of the aforementioned ideas or make their own. If this still doesn't decide anything, I'll make the decision.

DaunTed
3rd October 2004, 04:40 AM
im just gonna put together 2 NPC's ok? I will post them here when i have finished them, they will be the two who like, hate each other but love each other thing.

And then ill make my dark elf character thing, who doesnt get on with anyone...

EDIT:
PC
Name: Han-Corth Yolan
Race: Dark Elf/Small Demon
Class: Sword Fighter
Weapons: Long Sword ( About 4 ft long), Mace (Hangs from his belt at his waist) Armour (basic leather stuff which just covers his torso and groin. is thick skin helps too)

History: This is just basic, but he like, was beat as a child by his father and his mother ran off leaving him. He himself eventually stabbed his father when he was asleep and ran off taking a sword and mace and some basic clothes.
Wandered around aimlessly for a while and built up a list of enemies and no friends. At some point he was found in a ditch almost dead and (whatever asda[wc3]'s character is called) found him and like, helped him back to full health and since they have been friends...

Ill work on it better some time when its done proberly.

NPC's
1. Name: Jon Hardreth
Race: Human
Class: Two Swords and Archer
Weapons: Two swords and a bow...
History will have to fit with other NPC's...sor so...

1. Name: Yuna Ithil
Race: Human (Female)
Class: Scithes
Weapons: Scithes on her arms
History: See other characters history

Bad_Kharma
3rd October 2004, 04:52 AM
I like the hex idea, but if one is hexed, Ingold won't help, if we are bound together by a hex, he might just decide to help a little bit. When it came to the wood people, Ingold would rather fight on the side of those defending the woods then on the side of the towns people. If needed, he would slaughter them both. So there is no way in hell Ingold would convince Ghorgrond.

Now I think that the hex would effectively bind all together and even prove for interesting scnarious for when the curser is dead, how can we undo the curse. One way would be by killing off all the others ... could be interesting ...

Duke Manboy IV
3rd October 2004, 04:58 AM
I think the Castle idea is cool, but it's so cliché. All clans have castles as their headquarters, so we should have something else to be cool and different.
I have no idea what though, it could be a boat, an island, a caravan, an underground room,...

I like the hex idea, but then we'll eventually need a second quest to undo the spell, because otherwise we wouldn't be able to be in any other quests one by one if we'd be a little realistic.

Do we need a profile for our NPC's
not very indepth, but name, gender and the likes.

Edit

Name: John Killanok
Profile: This young man serves as castle guard in the troops of the clans castle. He is very lazy though and while on duty he manages to fall asleep every time again.
Has caused a lot of trouble already with his lack of vigilance and is his captains least favorite soldier.

Name: Patrick Rivanor
Profile: The typical captain of the guard; big, strong, a short beard and an ugly face. He wants his men to have a lot of discipline and absolutely enjoys yelling at them when they show any weakness at all.
He himself likes to go to the local tavern and have some drinks though.
The entire village knows him and all the kids on the street respect him and dream of beign like him.

asda[wc3]
3rd October 2004, 05:01 AM
Yes, I think my curse idea could make some very interesting scenarios and could give certain characters an intense hatred for the rest, while others would draw closer together. now I want to make sure that the characters we have are varied and not all will get the same emotions and our first quest will be fulfilling the curse.

Now that we have this thin strand of the storyline ... who killed the curser? It could be a simple mugger but I want there to be more depth, so I suggest one of the characters has his own desires from this group, whether they are wicked or good inclined i'm not bothered. If anyone wants to take up that role, I'm happy to let you [two characters might both be in it anyway].

And if people could work on some NPC profiles [not the innkeeper, healer, shopkeeper type, but the type which will impact our quests, like bandits, travelling paladins, wood dwellers etc.]

Duke Manboy IV
3rd October 2004, 05:08 AM
Err... I do not really understand the second paragraph.
Are you trying to say two people should work out a story about how the curser was killed, or two people should go on a quest together to kill him/her?

As for my NPC's, check the update in my last post.
The soldier will absolutely effect our story.
If he would be more vigilant, no people would be able to sneak into town (read: now they can and they will cause us a whole lot of trouble.)
The captain is just funny yet adds something to the quest.

DaunTed
3rd October 2004, 09:18 AM
asda, what did you think of my NPC's who will just be there like other members and can be controlled by anyone?

And, if you like i could think up some sort of Races that we could be allies/enemies with....?

As for the meeting place, i think the underground room idea, but like, more of a catacomb...?

Perad
3rd October 2004, 10:51 AM
Hmm i plan to be a monk heh, i like the hex idea and will go along, but we need to set out how far away from each other people can travel and rules. I personally like the idea that only 2 things can break the hex.

We all die, In this, the hex bounds all our fates together, if one dies then we all die.

the second way is that on quests we find shards, i don't know what, meteor stones or some crap which allows one person to be freed from the hex, this would allow great conflict over who would get it.

Callan
3rd October 2004, 12:26 PM
Hey everyone, sorry for not posting around here yet. I've been a bit busy. I don't really have much to say on current topics, but would like to put in some of my information.

My character will always be Lord Xaon, who was once Lord Xavier. That is my PC.

Here's my opinion on how we should go about meeting. I have not fully read the most current idea, but the first one sparked my imagination.

I think the characters shouldn't be tied together at all. Instead they are all strangers. Like the start of a Tom Clancy novel where everyone comes together. Maybe split the clan into 2 threads. These are quests. We are stuck in a town being attacked by an enemy. While we have no quarrel with the enemy they want to raze the town to the ground and kill all occupants. The only way to escape is to team up with the people around us. Thus the clan is created like that. After this it would leave everything really open for follow ups, characters will have different aims, objectives and hopes.

I like this idea here, but have some bits to add. We should get a single thread going, a quest. It should be something interesting and we should all be able to relate to it. All of us will most likely start not knowing each other, with only a few exceptions. The quest, when first started, should not be improvised. We need to set out starting areas and build a background story for why they are partaking in the quest. Nothing cheesy. All of our first posts should be consecutive, but none are to be intertwined just yet. Then, the initial character, most likely asda, should meet the second character, perhaps BK's Ingold. Then it should go from there, adding up characters in reasonable senses with good reasons. For instance, Ghorgrond knows Ingold, so he should be next in line with a creative reason. Somewhre it should break into the other half start meeting up. Then the two groups will eventually meet up at a battle scene or something and form an alliance, thus creating this clan. The entire town being attacked would be a perfect reason to combine the two groups. As said, each character has their own objectives and goals.

I will now finish reading the new ideas...

Actually, screw that idea. I do like the curse idea much better. It would change the whole idea that clans are full of happy members that love each other and will fight to protect the others. This idea will set a mood in the clan that will make them hate each other, but let them have the chance to find out a lot about them. Some of the characters will, as said form bonds against the others, but in the long run, we will learn about each other and all form an alliance. Nice idea asda, I like it.

I will later work on some NPCs to be used in quests.

asda[wc3]
3rd October 2004, 12:57 PM
We all die, In this, the hex bounds all our fates together, if one dies then we all die.

ogm, i love that :D

That'd be far more interesting than having a distance restriction as through this we will group together merely to make sure none of the others get into trouble. As well as someone threatening to suicide.

As for the NPCs, deepthought's are fine to have around, punk's are ok if we have anything to do with a town/castle.

I've not read Callan's post yet as i'm in a rush but i will do asap.

edit: Callan, that's quite interesting but if we were to group together slowly it wouldn't give much reason for us to hate eachother later on, as you said.

Morrigan
3rd October 2004, 01:15 PM
No, I don't like the one person dies everyone else dies. That was taken off of a play station two game. If, or once I can remember the game i'll tell you. There were three people and they were at the wrong place at the wrong time and cursed or hexed together. When one of your characters die it's game over. You share the same fate. Also, some of us are in other clans that means I just vanish from another clan because some fag suicides? I think not.

asda[wc3]
3rd October 2004, 01:21 PM
Don't think of it like, because your character does this he can't do something else. Thanks to the wonders of RPing he can be in two sort of alernate yuniverses, where he's in this cclan in one and in others in an other.

Callan
3rd October 2004, 02:05 PM
Alright, here's an NPC, tell me what you think.

NPC:

Character Name: Kiru Garren
Class: Bandit
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 180 pounds
Appearance: Slender face, displaying small battle scars. It appears he was once attractive. Medium length brown hair, matted and messy. His body is small but toned.
History: Born to a poor family, his parents were executed for theivery. Kiru sought revenge and became a bandit himself. He fights for his past and steals from anyone he sees.
Attitude/Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Notorious
3rd October 2004, 06:07 PM
I like the Hex Idea, aswell as the One person dies we all die idea. Because that would make the PC's try to help each other, for instance if my character were to become fatally injured and the only person with the ability to cure hated me for some odd reason. Then he would have to heal me and keep me alive to save himself, this way no one gets left behind.

I will post my PC and my NPC in my next post.

Perad
4th October 2004, 02:39 AM
No, I don't like the one person dies everyone else dies. That was taken off of a play station two game.

I never took that off a playstation 2 game, i just thought it was a cool idea, hell i don't even have a playstation 2.

Anyway how to these npc's work? do i need one. I don't think that my monk would need much support

asda[wc3]
4th October 2004, 09:21 AM
OK, this is the final decision [incorporating various ideas]:

For their own reasons each character find themselves in the small logging town of Ryeford when it is besieged by the woodland dwellers for reasons I mentioned before. Each character is forcefully seized by the town watch accompanied by a Silencer [ a NPC who has the power to create antimagic voids, stopping spells from being cast ]. They are taken to the central palace where they all are taken to a Sorcerer's tower. The old sorcerer curses their fates together, hexes them to remain together and then lays a gees on their shoulders.

Next topic: How do we go from there and what is the gees?

Bad_Kharma
4th October 2004, 09:34 AM
Well, the wizard doesn't care about the town, he wants power? He makes us kill the mayor and the woodland bossy to take out his main opposers and then takes over the town and uses us as poppets?

asda[wc3]
4th October 2004, 09:57 AM
Possibly, because caring for the town is a very short term goal. Maybe he doesn't have want of power but instead of a certain NPC and their oblivious strength. Then when we find this NPc we can protect her while making some lie about taking her to somewhere where she'll be 'safer'. Then morals can kick in and greed...

Bad_Kharma
4th October 2004, 10:03 AM
I was just thinking that ghorgrond (punk) and I could be there to help the woodlanders (so we wouldn't have a problem or at least Ingold won't have a problem with killing the mayor or something) On the other hand, the people there to help the town wouldn't be opposed to dealing with the wood people threat as to where Ghor and Ingold will have one ... and so on ...

It could also be likely that we fight some people to which we will be bound in the end as they might have decided to fight in favour of the town ...

Perad
4th October 2004, 10:18 AM
What about when we are all hexed and bound together we are sent out to fight the woodland people, but instead of fighting them we just declare our loyaltys to them and walk off. I don't see any point of a woodland fight etc. Make the witch woman who hexes us say that only one person has the power to remove it, some legendary mage. That way we have no need to go back to the town. Anyway what will the radius of the hex be?

Bad_Kharma
4th October 2004, 10:43 AM
I think big bad wizard will keep an eye on us and our powers, you'll have to be more cunning then that. Otherwise, it won't be a challenge.

Where did the hexing with come from, i thought it was a town wizard???

Range, 500 meters sound good (that we can get away from one another and no, you can't form a chain). As to can we run away? I think no :tongue:

And asda, make the town guard strong enough cause punk has been bosting over msn that no town guard would be able to take ghorgrond ... :devil4:

Duke Manboy IV
4th October 2004, 10:48 AM
I think big bad wizard will keep an eye on us and our powers, you'll have to be more cunning then that. Otherwise, it won't be a challenge.

Where did the hexing which come from, i thought it was a town wizard???

Range, 500 meters sound good (that we can get away from one another and no, you can't form a chain). As to can we run away? I think no :tongue:

And asda, make the town guard strong enough cause punk has been bosting over msn that no town guard would be able to take ghorgrond ... :devil4:

True, true. You'll need a whole lot of soldiers to get Ghorgrond captured, even without magic.
I'll give you a brief description: He's as good as 3 meters tall and he's a Viking, which means he's proud and stubborn.
Even when attacked by twenty to thirty town guards, he'll keep on fighting. (it would be like 20 littles kiddies attacking you. If you manage not to laugh, you'll defeat them easily.)
And logically, no one will be able to use magic if this silencer casts his void spell. Use your creativity or you'll have one person less in the hex.

Bad_Kharma
4th October 2004, 10:55 AM
Be realistic, do you know what 20 man is, 20 man with spears as long as your sword, shields, swords maybe even arrows. Have you ever fought 20 kids, they can take you down, beleive me (I'm not going into that :tongue: )

You can be strong, but these are trained guards, maybe even when it comes to giants after all, they do exist in the rp world. Maybe they'll even use venom to take you down depending on the guards, although I doubt if that's needed if there are 20 of them.

A group of 20 people is quite big ...

Duke Manboy IV
4th October 2004, 11:06 AM
Ghorgrond can fight 20 men. Swirling around his mighty Zanbatou (weapon) those 20 won't even come near.
Venom might work, as might arrows (a lot of them.) but swords, hand to hand combat, spears... forget it. Ghorgrond fights like a bull if attacked, and you don't want to see him go berserk.

20 men isn't quite a lot, it would be as if a rock was attacked by the sea. Would it move? No.
Note: Some of you might think I'm making my character too strong, physically, but after all, it's fantasy, and a three meters tall fat-ass body builder will be quite hard to defeat. Would you fight him in the first place?
You could compare him to Hagrid (Harry Potter), but less fat and more muscles. I think not.

Morrigan
4th October 2004, 12:34 PM
Then you realize that twenty men also figured out the word, "Jump" in English class. Even if you are a three meter tall hagird theres still a limit to how fast you can turn a Zanbatou without shifting your arm out of position in the process.

Callan
4th October 2004, 01:12 PM
I see that this whole silencer idea will compltely ruin it for my character, Xaon, as he is mostly a mage. I will have to test his physical strength finally. What I'm trying to say is, don't expect Xaon to come and rescue anyone without his magic. Sure he has his Xeaspare (Spear/Axe), but hell, no one can actually take twenty people alone.

Notorious
4th October 2004, 01:41 PM
BK and Punk I think I have a solution to your problems with how this could be started with your characters. You two would start out fighting against us it's just for some reason (this is up to you two) your characters will get caught up in the hex. Perhaps wrong place at wrong time, or your leader disapproves of you or something I don't know. But after the hex is placed it will mean that your characters are forced to work along side of us, and remember 500 feet/yards (whatever it is) is quite alot of distance, so you two could remain upfront or to the sides or behind if you chose to have your characters remain against us. Because after all if one of us dies so do you.

Onto the other situation. Punk your character couldn't take 20 men simple as that, one correctly placed arrow and you are down, or just a simple lucky strike with a spear or other long weapon could take you down. No character is able to kill twenty men alone, if they were villagers or a militia maybe but not trained gaurds. GAURDS after all are meant to be the best soldiers in town so they are capable of protecting the town from attacks such as the one we would be placeing on the town.

Personally I am going to create a 4'11" Demon. Capable of extreame speeds the only magic he has is close range teleporting (meaning he can only jump 5 to 8 feet away with each teleportation). Other then that he has a Bladed Tonfa for each hand. more to come...

Perad
5th October 2004, 02:57 AM
On the range, will be it be everyone within a 500metre diameter or people cannot spread out more than 500 metres from each other. If its the second one then we could make a chain a few km long. If its the first then we need someone that the hex revolves around, or a ring that a character is forced to wear

Bad_Kharma
5th October 2004, 04:12 AM
I said: 'not a chain', that would be quite stupid no? There doesn't need to be a central person, from the moment the group spreads out more then 500 meters, you will expierience pains in the first meter and after that you and everybody just dies or something like that.

and notorious, we were thinking the same thing, great minds do think alike :tongue:

Duke Manboy IV
5th October 2004, 09:56 AM
Indeed. I stated my character could be taken out with a spear or an arrow, but believe me. Ghorgrond can easily take 20 men with swords.
He isn't quite strong when it comes to magic, but he is fucking strong, whether the lot of you consider it a god-mod or not: he can win a wrestling match (hand to hand combat weapons included) from twenty guys, unless all of them are about two meters or taller.

Ghorgrond is a Viking: people that have been fighting their entire life. He is able to kill 20 men. But enough of this, I think we all agree one well aimed arrow will wound him in such a way he cannot do anything about being included in the hex.

On the other hand: be sure Ghorgrond will rather experience the pain he feels when leaving the hexed area, then staying inside it, so you could find another solution for that one too. An invisible wall or something.
Yes, Ghorgrond is one stubborn jackass and so am I :p

asda[wc3]
5th October 2004, 10:05 AM
Very interesting discussion, nice to see everyone joining in :)

I like the idea that Ghorgrond and his friend [forgotten name already] weren't necessarily meant to be in the spell, but that it spilled out and they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. They may not notice it at first but if the spell left some mark on all the effected people then they may have a chance encounter with the others and that's when they're discovered. Therefore we also dodge the problem of twenty guards trying to take down the giant :)

As for the chain thing the spell could be centered on someone, which could again induce interesting character reactions, people trying to be friendly with him to go where they want to go, or forcing him to via blackmail or brutality.

NPCs involved in the spell are not necessary, so any NPCs coming with us are completely voluntary.

Maybe for the murderer of the wizard could be someone who was secretly watching the show and then hunted down the wizard later, unaware he had also been caught in the spell and therefore having tons of guilt on his shoulders when he discovers the consequences.

Perad
6th October 2004, 10:33 AM
Here's what we have.

Town being beseiged, then for some reason(need one) a mage casts a spell on a character, a blue light or something shot out 250 metres in all directions to create a circle. One character shoots an arrow or a fireball or something and gets lucky instantly killing the exhausted mage, the characters in the orb realise that they are connected and we begin in character.

Thats what we have, what we do next is an in character decision between the members.

All thats left is the reason as to why the mage casts the spell, i do not know why he would cast a spell with such an effect. Maybe he hates all the foriegn people in his town and seeing a crowd he cast it on two people fighting in the hope that one would die killing them all in one blow. Thats all i can think about.

About the spell... We need another rule.. something like the spell was so powerful that a strange light pulsates around the group every few hours, if someone stays within range for say a few days they are taken over by the spell as well. We need this so that people can be admitted to the clan once we get started.

When we work out the reason someone write it up in italics with more detail then we begin.

Bad_Kharma
6th October 2004, 12:27 PM
I just like to say: I like it ... and it is INGOLD, remember that name :tongue:

DaunTed
6th October 2004, 12:54 PM
ummm, the idea sounmds great and thanks J for putting it all together...ive been so confused recently with whats going on! >.<

As for the reason...maybe the mayor of teh town which he cast it in/around betrayed him, or he was just feeling extra angry with something that went wrong...?

Callan
6th October 2004, 01:02 PM
So far, I like the ideas. The reason why the mage would cast such a spell though, will be the toughest part and some answers I see are lacking creativity, but at least they are suggestions. However, I do like the idea of the pulsating light and the 'stay with us too long and be joined in the spell' idea. Now, I'm also okay with the 'extra-angry' thing, but there needs to be a reason, even if its unknown until deep into the quest.

Duke Manboy IV
6th October 2004, 01:06 PM
I just like to say: I like it ... and it is INGOLD, remember that name :tongue:

It is so weird to see how people remember Ghorgrond, while forgetting Ingold. Normally people call him Ghurund or Ghortzeodn or something else.
Oh and for all you hard-to-spell-name-haters out there, I have a new character, which I named "Thorgrahl."
Have fun.

I like the idea, but why is it necessary it should be pulsating?
Isn't the "enormous pain once you leave" idea better?

Callan
6th October 2004, 01:28 PM
I think the pulsating light would not harm anyone, but just visually represent the spell and give out a warning. That is where the other part comes into play, with the new members. The whole 'pain when you go too far' is still up, this is just an addition.

Why must you always create characters with strange names? (lol...but I'll end up remembering Thorgrahl anyway now that I've made a scene of it.)

Perad
6th October 2004, 04:42 PM
The pain thing would still be in effect, i just added the pulsating light for effect. :whistilin

As for the spell... There are two things, first one could be the corney fate thing, "The wizard glances down adn see's all the pieces in place" The joins them.

Or much better the victim of the spell could have stolen something, like the mages spell book, or an artifact. "The wizard seeing all the commotion and unable to get a clean view on his target cast a spell linking him to everyone in the near by vincenity." This way the wizard would rightly expect the victims of the curse to split up causing the thief to drop dead and he could retrieve what was his.

asda[wc3]
8th October 2004, 09:33 AM
The spell could've been an accident, intended for a regiment of attackers so that when one was killed the others would follow.

And the pulsating light is a good idea, if every two hours we were surrounded by startling light for like 30 seconds it would make interesting diplomacy...

what if people want to leave the clan? we can't kill them off as then we'd all die

Another idea for the reason, playing on teh corney fate idea, is that the mage was planning to take control over the surrounding region but needed a band of wily travellers to complete it. He cast the spell but with his mana exhausted had no energy to defend himself from an attack of some sort. WE could then continue with the mages plans, and then discover that the curse won't lift because we've completed it.

But there's still loose ends, why if he wanted the travellers to do something did he make them more vulnerable by the curse of death?

Bad_Kharma
8th October 2004, 11:51 AM
Or maybe the mage could just be a wild mage and he had no clue as to what the effect of his spell would be. But now that he sees it, he takes the oppertunity to make us do his bidding or else we will be doomed for eternity to walk around like this. If we kill him, the spell will last forever (or so he claims). When we get back from his bidding, he is dead and we're free ... to a certain extent. The spell had another rather unpleasant effect, when one of us feels pain, we all feel it ...

Top of my head and I'm in class now so i'm off

Perad
8th October 2004, 12:48 PM
Ok i say fuck it, lets go to fantasy land, small boy find's mage's book, reads a few pages, points a wind, sprinkles some dust and bam our fates are sealed.

AS for people leaving the clan they turn into an npc and continue out of the story but still there

Bad_Kharma
8th October 2004, 05:13 PM
The simplest way is most of the times the best way cause rarely anyone makes it simple these days ...

Squidi
8th October 2004, 05:18 PM
Yeah, I'm agreeing with iamnottheend and Bad_Karma on this one. Let's just do a small child who has great magical skill but doesn't know it reads some ancient book and shit happens! I do not agree with the "if you leave the clan you character becomes an NPC" because what if the character you use is your only character? Then what? Two people would be playing YOUR character. no, no, no. Bad Idea.

Callan
8th October 2004, 05:26 PM
Yeah, I'm not liking that too much either. If someone leaves the clan, I'm not sure what the explanation would be, but for them to become an NPC to us is a bit unfair. You can't just make a PC a NPC, especially if it is there only character. In fact, I'm starting to gather an idea. This clan will become so close, that if someone suddenly doesn't want to be in it anymore, they can leave, but there character will die from pain. To make it easier, why don't we just kill any character who wants to leave, to save the rest of ourselves some suffering.

Which brings me to my next suggestion on the bonding thing. It has been said that if a single person exceeds the maximum distance from the others, that character will feel trememdous pain. To make it better, why doesn't everyone feel it if one person strays from the group. It will further tighten the clan in the long run.

As for the curious child with the mage's book, I agree that it is a decent idea, and worthy of a explanation.

Bad_Kharma
8th October 2004, 05:37 PM
Hmmm, I wouldn't like it if this became a 'for life' clan, i don't like to be chained and chackled, be it IC or OOC.

eventually, the spell must end, whether the chars stay together or nor is up to them. If Ingold feels he has an interest in the newly met people, he might just decide to stay.

Callan
8th October 2004, 05:41 PM
I never said it should last forever, but it should last to the end of the quest at least. I say we kill the crazy kid and then the spell is broken. There has to be something tough about him though, like he casts out random spells very quickly and something else, idk, just cheesy suggestions.

Bad_Kharma
8th October 2004, 06:06 PM
Like with a wild mage, the kid just doesn't know what will happen, maybe he even kills himself, or transforms himself into a killer rabbit and god knows that we don't have a holy hand grenade, hence, we're all doomed :tongue:

asda[wc3]
9th October 2004, 04:15 AM
Nah, if we break the spell in the first quest then i'm certain the clan will split up. As for the child thing, the powerful mage guy could cast the spell but then a small thief rips the book from his fingers and makes off with it. The mage, halfway through his spell is killed by the loss of control and the spell he was casting goes wrong. The effects we mentioned before land upon us rather than his original intention of a spell to heighten our awareness or something. The kid is involved and becomes a NPC, and as we attack him in anger we feel the pain we deal to him and as we are about to kill him the pain becomes so intense we just stop. From that we deduct that killing anyone wouldn't work and so we start our clanship. The kid will be my NPC and what the book does to him might turn into something interesting [he may learn to control the spell].

Unless you have any major flaws with this, or completely hate it we shall move on to the next series of things:
Quests/spars and why we do them: I'd like a list of possible quests to do, maybe with links, and reasons why.

'Friendly' spars is going to fit into this VERY nicely. I've never seen the point of them before but with this one if you hurt them, then you get hurt too. So they would HAVE to be friendly.

Perad
9th October 2004, 04:35 AM
I think the quests should be based on the spell... there may be rumors of a far off land where a mage resides who can break the spell... so our first quest would be to go there, we eventually track down who we are trying to find but he is dead or something.

The next rumor is of a far of kingdom, a king is supposed to hold the spell book that we so desperately seek, on arriving the king is surrounded by his army and tell us to attack a settlement or something, we destroy it and come back and the king tells us to do something else, we do it but not by choice, when we get back he has another task, we tell him to give us the book or he dies... he goes into his vault but the book is gone..

over these two quests we realise that there is a dark force stopping us from splitting up... thats a start surely

asda[wc3]
9th October 2004, 05:23 AM
Yeah, I like the idea that we find something is deliberately trying to stop us from splitting up. I will work on those ideas but the first quest will be the placing of the spell.

Believe it or not, I think we're about ready! :D I want you all to edit the first post you made in the other clan thread with Pc and NPC descriptions. By NPC I mean someone who is to be caught in the spell as well. We may have some annonymous members of the group who don't do anything, and then they change into the character of anyone that joins the clan.

iwishiknew
12th October 2004, 05:05 PM
so what is this about my charecter profile?

Callan
13th October 2004, 03:09 PM
lol, post the character you will play as in the main thread(PC)
then, post an NPC that will be with your character and be trapped in the spell with the rest of us. Just like the rest of us, you should do it like this:

(PC)
Name:
[Subprofile which includes
Element:
Race:
Alignment:
Eyes:
Hair:
Height:
Weight:]
Link to full profile:

Or if you want just post the whole profile, i wanted to do a link. After that just do the same for the NPC. Remember, edit it in with your first post in the main thread.

iwishiknew
13th October 2004, 06:56 PM
Ok maybe I should read the whole thread but spell???????

Also is Gamma an ok element?

Callan
14th October 2004, 01:24 PM
Jesus, follow the rules of GUA, if it is nonexistant or restricted, then no. My lord... lol. As far as I know, Gamma is restriced. Just use a primary element for heaven's sake. (Its really bad, people on GUA are making me feel religious.)

iwishiknew
14th October 2004, 02:09 PM
Gamma isn't even an official element of Gua, though it is one of the Four Greek Elements.

K I will put a charecter together.

asda[wc3]
21st October 2004, 03:20 AM
Seeing as I'm back I'd like to take a head-count of all members who are active [which should be everyone]. Everyone should be posting in here and the clan thread now,t here is no excuse. I've got other things to do but the quest is on my agenda.

iwishiknew
21st October 2004, 03:25 AM
I am here.

I forgot about the charecter sheet. i might make it sometime today.

Callan
21st October 2004, 03:50 AM
I'm here, so don't fear. My characters are finally complete and posted in the main thread.

Bad_Kharma
21st October 2004, 04:52 AM
I'm here and I only have Ingold, just to post the link to his character there is a wasted post ... and I don't feel like warning myself :tongue:

asda[wc3]
21st October 2004, 04:57 AM
Well have you not made a post you can edit it into? I've still got to do some moderating and other things, the quest will take quite a while to make so it might be posted tomorrow, though I'll try my best. :)

You all need to think of why your character will be in 'Defwood' , the town where we all get stuck together. It could be for any reason, just travelling there, passsing through, on mercenary work etc.

Daedalus
21st October 2004, 07:30 PM
I'm here. My character link is in my signature.

As for why my character would be in Defwood:

Probably just passing through. He doesn't have a definite home, and doesn't stay in one place unless there's a particular reason to stay there, so he really doesn't need a reason.

Bad_Kharma
23rd October 2004, 06:48 AM
As a response to what Qbirt said: Ingold is anti-social and a loner. Friends is but a word to him right now, nothing more. It is not BS, it is the way Ingold is right now, who knows, I might just keep him dead after my quest ...

All 3 CF mods in this clan, well, no one better break the rules :tongue:

Duke Manboy IV
23rd October 2004, 06:54 AM
Meh, I'm just a newbie GUA moderator (though no one may know this ;) I'll have to kill you all after you read this.) but with Khar's and asda's guidance, I'll become a great moderator, I believe.

Khar: you aren't going to tell me Ghorgrond can't travel along with Ingold?

Bad_Kharma
23rd October 2004, 07:00 AM
Depends on where we are along the Ingold timeline

18-21 continuous training and questing to get stronger, here he is what could be described as normal (for Ingold that is), here he becmes lightning master and so on ...
21 comes back home and does the Revenge on Rishlak thingy (goes partly insane)
21-23 does the Father&son and absolution quest and some other things where he is quite the depressing person
23 does his own quest which gets him killed (so it won't be here)

Duke Manboy IV
23rd October 2004, 07:04 AM
I would say "21-23" for that is sort of... true.
So, if that would be the time setting, would you allow Ghorgrond to travel with Ingold. Come on, you know you love Ghorgrond :icon_blus

Bad_Kharma
23rd October 2004, 07:08 AM
Well, after the RoR quest (to which I'm still writing the ending as the beginning of the future quest) Ingold is a changedman and not in a good sense. He'll remember your aid, but the meaning behind the word friend will slowly fade away. So if you catch him along his 21-22 year age, he'll travel with you at age 23 he will do so as well, but he won't be a happy companion (see post in pal's quest)

BTW, you still a member of the AoTFO?

asda[wc3]
24th October 2004, 08:46 AM
Just making this post to try and outline the quest, don't read the rest of it if you don't want it spoiled, else read it and let me take your complaints...

First post:
[ACK RPing is coming difficult to me >_< . Don't be embarassed by your leader's pparent lack of skill, I am/was better, trust me ;)] Helik strode into the small woodland town. He had heard the area was struck by a conflict between the woodlanders and the townsfolk, who's riches were made from the cutting down of the Deaf Forest's trees. Believing that the conflict was coursed by some wrong, on either party's side, Helik had chosen to visit Deford [btw, I changed the town name] in the hope his newborn skills could be of any use.

So after several days travelling along soggy woodland paths he had finally reached the small town, exhausted. He had already seen how the lumberjack had baned the land, in a wide birth around the town's edge there was naught but rotting branches and tree stumps. The air rang with the thud on axe upon wood, the lumberjack's worked together in a rhythm to pass the long days in the forest. The sound was unnerving and left Helik's hairs on end as he passed through the quiet town. There was no ordinary hustle and bustle as he passed through the narrow streets, the large overhangs of the town dribbling the day's rain onto the worn cobbles of the street. As Helik neared a small inn named 'Thee Moons Plite' a child began to cry, adding to the tense atmosphere.

Helik stepped through the narrow door and into the cold inn. There was a hearth but no fire warmed it's lounge. The ceiling was low with dark wooden beams threatening to knock a tall man down. The bar stretched along one side of the wall and sat at it were lonely individuals, surprisingly many were women. Opposite the bar were bare wooden chairs and another small wooden door leading upstairs and into the guestrooms. The inside was decorated with wood carvings of birds and men which lined every flat surface available. Many of these beautiful carvings had been broken or chipped in places.

Helik pulled his woolen cloak around him and stepped up to the bar. The innkeeper stepped towards him and gave him a quick lookover, seeming to pay particular attention to his face and ears. Helik reddened, thinking the man was scorning his large ears.

"Remove your hood!" The innkeeper ordered.

Helik quickly did as he said, not wanting to get on the wrong side of this lanky man. The scrawny old man had one last look at his ears and then turned away, seemingly satisfied. He turned away from Helik and pulled a large book out from a draw followed by a quill and parchment.

"Traveller, I guess. Staying for how long?"

Helik was shocked by the innkeepers bluntness but he answered sharply nonetheless.

"3 days."

"Name?"

"Helik"

"Helik?" The keeper turned and looked into the young man's eyes again. "Helik is not a common name around here, I should say ..."

Helik stared back into the dark, suspicious eyes of the landlord.

"I dare say not ..." Helik glanced about nervously as the old man continued to scrutinise him. As suddenly as he had turned he turned back again and wrote something down in the book. While writing he shouted back to Helik that he was in room 4 and that dinner would be at 5 o' clock by the old clock hung on the landing. Feeling nothing else was to be said Helik turned and made his way to his room to get some rest before dinner and think on his course of action.

[ooc: Just post your character getting into town and finding somewhere to sleep. The townsfolk are edgy and if you somehow show some connection with woodland, ie. if you're an elf, they might kick you out. Please only make 1 post each time once I've posted so this quest doesn't hurtle forward with 3 people and everyone else get stuck behind. You can use the clan lounge for questions and STUFF]

-------------------------------------

2nd [out and about, getting 'captured']
3rd [seeing others]
4th + the spell casting, struggle, kid and getting together.

--------------------

This quest will be reasonably short and then the next quest will be more of a continuation. As ever, this thread is ideal for asking questions so please do.

asda[wc3]
25th October 2004, 08:58 AM
Come on bitches, post in the quest. The link is in the clan thread

Duke Manboy IV
25th October 2004, 09:40 AM
I'm waiting for Kharma to post, since I will anticipate on his actions.
I'm quite sure he'll do something now, impossible for me to join him, that sunova... :)

DaunTed
25th October 2004, 11:15 AM
eugh, i managed to RP my way into a story i didnt even know much of apart from little bits ive read, some of you must be able to do something in there!

Daedalus
25th October 2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by DT
"You really aught not to walk these paths you know, they are extremly dangerous since the conflict between the Lumberjacks and the Towns folk errupted..."Er... am I getting something wrong here? I thought the lumberjacks were with the townsfolk, and were cutting down the trees because that was how the townsfolk made their money, and furthermore that this was the cause of the tension between the townsfolk and the forest-dwellers.

I'll be posting soon...
EDIT:
Actually, I lied. I need to ask: how much can we extrapolate about this town? You (asda) mention that your character got there via woodland trails, but are there any roads (dirt roads or large paths, not modern roads) passing through the town? Can we 'create' (introduce into the narrative) small things like this in order to get our character into the town? I just need to figure out how to introduce my character.

Callan
25th October 2004, 07:00 PM
Alright, I've posted. By Noontime, the two travelers are asleep in their beds. Can I get a few opinions on my intro post, I know it needs some spell checking(most likely), but how is it? Constructive Criticism please, I need to make my RPing as best as possible.

Daedalus
25th October 2004, 07:37 PM
Constructive criticism has arrived. Keep in mind that your role-playing is pretty good, so what I'm doing may look merely like nit-picking. After all, once you get to a certain level much, though not all, improvement comes in the form of making small adjustments that aren't overly important to understanding but help improve flow.

The moon was at its peak, and there were the howls of the night wolves amongst the two lone travelers This doesn't make very much sense grammatically. I know what you mean to say, namely that the night wolves (whatever they are; perhaps you could extrapolate or simplify?) are howling and these howls can be heard from where the two 'lone travelers' happen to be, but the way you say it is awkward. A quick fix would be "the night wolves' howls could be heard by the two lone travelers [etc.]", but there are many other ways to say it that are probably better.

for he was a swordsman, a gaurdian of the first older man ahead of him.This is unnecessarily wordy. You've already established that there are two, so you don't need to specify that he's a guardian of the 'first older man ahead of him' rather than just the 'other man' or even just 'of the other'. You do manage to make an age comparison this way, but you could put that in in the preceding sentence, for example by changing "For one, the darkness..." to "For the elder, the darkness...". You could also describe the age difference in a later sentence. Here, it just makes it wordy.

Most of the other things I would suggest improving are similar to this, not major problems at all, but rather simply ways to make the words flow more smoothly and grammatical corrections. One thing I would remind you of is to use active-tense verbs as often as possible.

To take a specific example: "The young man stepped back, showing a confused look on his face" could be changed to: "the young man stepped back, a confused look on his face" (removing the verb)
"the young man stepped back, and showed a confused look on his face" (changing to active tense)
"the young man stepped back, and a confused look entered his face" (changing the verb and switching to active tense) Of these three, I would choose either #1 or #3; while #2 is what would happen if you simply switched the verb 'to show' from present to active tense, it's more wordy than #1 and less specific or descriptive than #3. While this may seem like a lot of thinking to do over a single sentence, after a while you can just scan a sentence and begin thinking of better alternatives, and passive verbs and wordiness are pointers that you should look for when revising.

Finally, it's normal (at least in books) to make new paragraphs whenever a new character starts talking; two different characters should not speak within the same paragraph. This would help clear up some confusion in the second paragraph of "Early Morning".

Other than that, very good. You were clear, made sense, and introduced your characters' personalities and actions. A little more description wouldn't go amiss, but I can't say more description would go amiss anywhere - certainly I could do with more of it, although my posts can get a bit long at times.

Typo List:
"gaurdian" should be "guardian"
"appologize" should be "apologize"
"servent" should be "servant"

asda[wc3]
28th October 2004, 03:42 AM
Daedalus, feel free to do what you want with the town as it is not exactly set in stone. neither are there any important particular features about it which need to be bared in mind.

And yes, the townsfolk ARE the lumberjacks, but the town is stricken by angry mobs of wood elves and the like which are causing suspicion and tension.

Bad_Kharma
28th October 2004, 04:29 AM
Ingold will arrive soon enough, just hope Ghorgrond will be with him.

asda[wc3]
28th October 2004, 11:09 AM
Oh, I just saw DT's mistake about the lumberjacks and the townsfolk conflict, the lumberjacks are the townsfolk you billy :P

And Callan, is the village you are in the same town as I am in or another?

Callan
28th October 2004, 03:27 PM
Well I hope it is, that's why I posted, right? ...unless I'm lost and I don't know it...?

Oh anyway, um about what time of day will everyone be meeting? I kindof just put my characters to bed early in the morning. I'd say early afternoon would be reasonable for me.

asda[wc3]
29th October 2004, 04:53 AM
Well I don't intend on us 'meeting'. You can have chance encounters with other characters or arranged encounters but Helik will be on his own [unless Jan finds the inn before he's out of it] until he get's seized by the town guard and taken to the wizard guy.

I've decided that the Wizard detects the magical properties of our characters and orders them seized and brought to him. If your character doesn't have magic powers then you might chase a seizen friend or just be nearby when the spell is cast [and goes wrong because of the little kid interfering].

The original spell intended to create a link between the wizard and # of characters who are seized which allows them to contact eachother and also to be forced to take orders from the wizard. However when the book is knocked from his hands he loses control of the magics and they implode, creating a different [at that time un-known] effect and destroying the wizard. The little boy is caught in the magic also.

BTW I think the original effect of the spell should still be in effect, we can communicate across long distances [as long as is allowed anyway] and maybe we can sometimes be visited by the spirit of the wizard.

That's just an idea, what do you think to it?

Daedalus
29th October 2004, 06:56 PM
I don't know about being visited by the spirit of the wizard, unless you can somehow incorporate that into the overall plot concerning how we break the spell, if we break the spell, and I think it's perfectly possible to have a good plot without having anything to do with the deceased wizard. So I would say no, unless someone can come up with a good idea as to how the wizard can be implemented into the overall plot.

I would also say no to the communication, simply because it seems to me rather difficult to explain - unless the wizard had intended each member of the group to communicate with each other as well as with him, which would have been rather stupid of him (it's always easier to control a less-unified group), he would only have established a communication link between himself and each of them; if he died, there would be no communication left.

Also, having easy mental communication binds the characters more tightly together, and this reduces the possibility of having people who really don't like each other at least somewhat. Basically it reduces the potential for conflict among different members of the clan, and makes it feel more like a 'normal' clan, where most characters are in the clan because they share an ideology, rather than because they had no choice. If there must be such a communication network, perhaps we should center it on one person (the boy?) or make it require a lot of energy to use. Basically, I think that we should at least limit, if not totally eliminate, any such communication system.

I'll be making my post as soon as I get back to my home computer on Monday; I have a draft stored there.

EDIT: Actually, I've changed my mind about a couple of things, or more accurately I've had a sort of composite idea - part my own, part your idea. Normally, the spell the sorcerer would cast would bind us all to his will, would allow him to communicate with us, would make him the focal point of the spell. What if the error is not merely with the spell, but also with the focal point? Perhaps these characteristics get transferred to someone else... the most logical subject would be the boy.

Unfortunately, this does make the clan & the quest rather focused on one individual, and I can see why it could cause problems. It also restricts the possibility for unusual interactions by taking away focus on the group aspect of the clan and also places quite a bit of strain on the person role-playing the focus point of the spell - probably Asda roleplaying the boy.

Personally I'm unsure about this idea; but I thought I'd toss it out there anyway.

asda[wc3]
30th October 2004, 04:25 AM
Wow, ok. Nice idea but I see the flaws you mentioned.

If we had the attention centered on an object rather than a person it could make some interesting circumstances, and I also see the idea of a type of 'skill' needed to use the object to communicate, investigate the others. Obviously the object would be the book and some of the more mystic minded characters might see it as a trapped sea of magical energies and arcane skill is needed to swim through it and maintain a link with another character. Being difficult to make one would limit the linking a lot as well as being rather more interesting than simply thinking at eachother.

asda[wc3]
2nd November 2004, 01:09 PM
Please guys post in the quest, i don't see why you're waiting so long to :/

Bad_Kharma
3rd November 2004, 07:57 AM
I'm trying to come up with a good reason to be there ... and it's not going well ...

asda[wc3]
3rd November 2004, 09:40 AM
Well, either think really fast or just use something very simple. Travellers don't really need a reason to be there

Bad_Kharma
3rd November 2004, 12:25 PM
Oh no, the last thing I'm goin gto do is a 'I'm in the neighbourhood' post. Besides, Ingold doesn't²travel anymore, he's a boss now, he just sits in his lazy chair trying to find ways on how to get himself killed without actually sticking the knife through his heart himself ... but don't wait for me, I'll be there though (unless we all get captured in the second post ... in that case, wait for me :tongue: )

asda[wc3]
5th November 2004, 10:26 AM
Well I intend on getting everyone to post before I do. I don't know a lot about Ingold and I've refrained from reading other characters for the simple fact that I know as much as I do OOC as my character would IC.

So he's plotting something to do with the town, or he goes there to stir up trouble or he believes there is something of use to him there. Then your character's quest might be forced upon the other's when you are unable to complete it due to the spell

EDIT: Ah, i see you've posted. Now this is only 4 members posted and I'm hoping that other's are going to post soon otherwise in my eyes] this clan has been a complete waste of time

asda[wc3]
20th November 2004, 03:29 AM
The members do not seem that enthusiastic to put much into this clan, hence many have become inactive. So therefore, I have decided to close this clan with a few new lessons in mind:
1 - Do not expect full co-operation of clan members
2 - don't make a clan if you haven't created all the information yourself beforehand