PDA

View Full Version : 'RP Revolution' recruitment, closes 6/10

asda[wc3]
29th September 2004, 09:30 AM
asda[wc3] make the first post

type: ba

Much as I despise to get back into RPing and slightly less tardish posting as 'HaHah J00SuX1!!' the innovative part of my brain has decided it's about time I tried to do something interesting and serious. This is partly due to a very interesting series of books but that's history.

Ah yes, this clan. Well, I shall be honest with you. I have not spent hours devising quest plans, heroes, background ... but I have spent merely minutes thinking of this idea, which is to try and inject some life into RPing and the BA as a general.

You might agree with me that the sort of quest going on now are rather simple and as a general ignored, people tending to only do quests with their clans. I think the novelty of searching for a magic stone and kicking a dragon's ass on the way has kind of wared off, and so this is why I am making this clan.

It's nothing fancy, it has no purpose or any type of IC part at all yet. I am looking for decent - good+ RPers, though as long as you are sort of doing the right thing I'm not too bothered. I want imaginative people and if possible story-tellers. But don't rule yourself out due to any of these facts, just read what I want to do with this little clan:

A - The foremost reason is to create a dynamic RPing world with actual HAPPENING events and interesting NPCs [wait, be careful here. I'm NOT trying to create a T'L, you will see]
B - to create a storyline backing a certain PC/NPC which involves much of the world around it.
C - Basically, to RP, but with depth.

It's very difficult to understand, I must admit, but let me give you an example.

A group of adventurers are travelling a well worn, forest path when from the Forest bursts a woman in tears (NOTE - no random orc horde) She cries to the adventurers that a group of bandits have kidnapped her daughter and stolen her money. The idea being here that the characters have options, whether to help the woman, ignore her or anything else. The bandits won't be a necessarily 'random' event. The group are notorious for prowling the wooded paths and stealing from the generally defenseless and so they may crop up into various RPs we do, and 'dealing' with them may have consequences which roll into other quests.

All the time I'm trying to get at the lack of innovative RPing that the BA has. Most quests are one-off, simple, tunnel-vision quests where you simply travel, fight, travel, infiltrate, steal, return home, or similar. So if you'd like to try something new, sign up and just remember, when I have members we will be working together to make everything we need, I am NOT going to be a dictator and I expect commitment from everyone [including myself >.<]

Ack, I get the dreadful feeling no-one has read the above and no-one wants to join ....

Members [because I have to]

asda[wc3]
Deep_Thought
Punk

DaunTed
29th September 2004, 09:36 AM
Ok then asda, Ill do you deal...

Nah, really im just here to say ill join... What else can i say....*thinks* no, thats all

asda[wc3]
29th September 2004, 09:37 AM
I'll trust you enough ... for now :P

I'd like to point out that the name Is going to change. I just called it RP Revolution until we actually get some ideas knocking about.

And Posting wise, obviously we can't do IC yet but I will expect you to eventually.

Duke Manboy IV
29th September 2004, 09:43 AM
I don't really know what to post here, but count me in.
I'm sick of all those clans that are copies of each other, I just hope this one is different.
Or else...

/me grabs the dildo and the carrot spray *kinky*

Count me in anyhow, and I do not accept a "no."

:rr:

Note: how's that for an introduction.

DaunTed
29th September 2004, 09:48 AM
dildo and carrot spray, two very random things but hey, im not the judge.

And hey,ad, dont change the name, RP revolution is fine to me

asda[wc3]
29th September 2004, 09:57 AM
I want the name to be something more IC, maybe to do with what this clan turns into. RPR is fine for now, and it looks cool :P

Feel free to suggest/invite anyone you feel suitable as I only know the old skool RPers

Perad
29th September 2004, 10:00 AM
sounds interesting, i'll join

Duke Manboy IV
29th September 2004, 10:01 AM
Hmmm... no matter how hard some of you may hate Paladin. He's a good ol' lad and he's a professional writer, so he could be an addition to the clan.
Further... Bad_Kharma liked to be controversial during quests and running off on his own and stuff, but he quit Role-playing.
I have no idea, I role-play with several people only and I wanted to change that.
Hence why I'll join this clan, oh... and because it rocks of course.

DaunTed
29th September 2004, 01:23 PM
YAY! iamnottheend, the best guy in the world! :) you bought the ads off! :)

I dont think the name should be changed to much differently, as it is a new kinda RPG so...I dont know, of course its up to you as leader but...that my veiw

Bad_Kharma
29th September 2004, 01:32 PM
Who said I quite rping??? I'm jsut tuning down because I don't have access to the internet like I used to. Why I should give you a wa ... oh, hi asda, didn't see you there :whistilin

I'll join, but don't kill me if I don't post every day, I have other duties as well as you might know :tongue:

and dildo and carrot spray?

And I won't take the insult to my clan personal Punk ... well, maybe a little

Morrigan
29th September 2004, 03:16 PM
Bleh, i'll join, but i'm going to give you the truth. Like before, in your old clan that is. I became inactive, but yea. I'm willing to post as long as I don't see like two pages of spam in a clan thread a day. Quest, I think i'm active.

- Shishio. ( Ken, it does not mean pee pee, damn you! )

DaunTed
30th September 2004, 09:15 AM
oooo cool, lots of members....Ish...

And adsa, could you give us a basic idea of what we as a clan might acctually be trying to accomplish....?

asda[wc3]
30th September 2004, 10:14 AM
Ah nice, glad to see a positive response. We only need one more member to get the clan up and running and then I'll also get a clan lounge to use at first, to toss ideas around without the worry of being spammish.

Well this basically came from surges of inspiration I've had recently for various characters but I don't want to have them all as PCs at the same time, and so I thought to use them as NPCs.

First business when we get the clan up is to start tossing around ideas for the area it is set in, what characters we will use and what NPCs to have.

I've also had another thought for why this clan is amazing ( ;) ) - our group won't necessarily a little happy bunch of super-elves who get on fine and have the same purpose, but maybe a few characters might be corrupted and ESPECIALLY I want to see relationships between characters emerging, such as a hatred for another character which is for more complex a reason then 'he's an elf, i'm a dwarf'.

DaunTed
30th September 2004, 10:31 AM
Hey Adsa, im working on a character now...When we had the rangers, i had that Dark Elf dude, well im gonna be a Corrupt Half Elf/Demon thing, which is like, a tall elf and doesnt get on with anyone save the clan leader :) *smiles and nods*

Ill put together some sort of reason why they know each other and stuff...like, why my new character has respect for you...and stuff

And explain NPC...i dont get it :P

Duke Manboy IV
30th September 2004, 11:22 AM
Hmm... I have two characters and they both could have extraordinary relations with other characters, so I haven't made my choice yet. I shall wait until all others have given some information about their characters before making my decision.

About the NPC's (none person characters, I presume.) they are characters running around in the world where the quest is going on, without actually being the character of a person joining the quest.
If I get it right, Asda wants to give the NPC's in our world more depth then they usually have.

Khar, nice to see you here :)

asda[wc3]
30th September 2004, 11:34 AM
You hit the nail on the head Punk.

Good idea Atan.

And I've had three ideas so far for characters, 1 for me and two NPCs:

1. A simple dwarven character [stubborn, axe-armed, cheary only with friends] which I have never used before, but this clan is afterall for trying new things.
2. An elementalist, how I see them. I'll let you know when I develop these characters.
3. Mistress of the wood and Autumn, sort of thing. However this is more suitable for a forest-dwelling NPC.

Notorious
30th September 2004, 01:26 PM
HOWDY HOE! (Mr. Hankey.)

But yeah I will join, I promise my RPing will be good. Like the ideas.

Bad_Kharma
30th September 2004, 01:29 PM
Hey, Ingold is just plain cranky, he'll be diffcult on most subjects so that will be no problem. And when it comes to hating other characters, read his history, fire mages aren't exactly in his best book.

As for NPC's, I'm a one char guy, so I prolly won't have many of them.

Callan
30th September 2004, 03:29 PM
Well, this seems interesting. It has a good cause. The idea is a bit far off and dreamy, but at the same time, somehow realistic. Asda, if you wish, I will join your clan in order to bring life and spark back to the BA and RPing in general. Of course I will have to tune up being that T'L has been down and thus my practice has been minimal. I do hope that this clan does make it past recruitment.

Squidi
30th September 2004, 06:25 PM
Seems like a pretty cool idea; me like, me like! So yeah! I'll join, I think you got seven members now, so hip-hip-hooray! I'm good at RPing.... I think.... I hope..... I am!

asda[wc3]
1st October 2004, 09:18 AM
OK, good job guys. I'm not stopping anyone from joining [well, apart from a few isolated cases] so we have enough members for the clan. I'll make the clan lounge and thread straight away but I'm not too sure what to put in the first post O.o

And I also hope this clan makes it a bit further than most and that we do get something out of this, otherwise it would've been a complete waste of my precious time :(