PDA

View Full Version : A Silent Wind

Hysteria
28th September 2004, 07:55 AM
The wind moved softly through the trees. Soft bird sounds mixed with other nature calls creating the ‘perfect’ day. The twenty metre trees were about two feet apart with thick bases easily half a foot in radius. The pine trees had created a thick pine-needle layer across the ground, the once green needles now turned brown. The wind moved them softly creating a rustling sound.

Reno moved through the trees. His thick muscled build moved easily between the trees. The sword that was both a friend and partner to him swung at his side. Suddenly Reno stopped dead still. His red hair caught in the wind, sailed behind his chiselled face. The cold red eyes looked through the trees for the sound the thought he had heard. His mouth opened a crack, letting a whisper out of his mouth.

“Come out come out where ever you are...”

A tanned strong hand touched thr front of his head and swept back trough his hair. With the motion he tied back his hair, creating a tail instead of the flowing hair. Reno placed a hand on his sword. With a smooth motion like water poured from a jug, he drew it. With both hands on the hilt of the stunningly beautiful samurai sword, Reno looked straightforward. He held it horizontal to the ground, poised for a lightning fast attack.

Hoax
28th September 2004, 08:18 AM
*Kodiak moved slowly along the path through the forest, the pine needles provided poor traction for his secondary motion system and he was forced to move only slightly faster than walking for the ancient machine. It was necessary for the mechanical giant, when moving long distances Kodiak was forced for both time and strain on his joints to use a set of wheels and caterpillar tracks built in his feet known as SMD, or secondary motion system, to move.

Kodiak whistled to himself, though he had no face as such his “eye” was a particularly happy green today, and the tune he played to himself was one a happy child might have payed while picking flowers or walking in a forest like he was now.

Kodiak stoped, he sensed something and slowed down, disengaging his SMD drive to walk, Kodiaks feet echoed through the still forest, a soft “thud, thud” with each step as he looked around, scanning for what he had sensed just moments before….*

Hysteria
28th September 2004, 08:24 AM
Reno looked with slight surprise at the metal monstrosity that was moving through the forest path. It seemed peaceful, but then such as that must have some agenda to follow. Reno pushed forward moving through the trees like a tiger. He reached the edge of the path and tried to speak over the thudding of the machine.

“You! What are you!?”

Reno grasp his sword tightly, his arm muscles ready for any sudden movement.

Hoax
28th September 2004, 08:41 AM
*Kodiak spun around, his hand going to the hilt of his large axe, unsure to start with were the voice had come from. Focusing on the man standing in the tree’s Kodiak spoke up as he relaxed and took his hand off his axe handle…*

Kodiak ~ “do you always ask people and creatures “what” they are before you ask “who” they are?

To clarify that for you I am Kodiak, and I am a sentinel machine.

So who are you to demand names and explanations as to who and what I am on this public road?”

*Kodiak zoomed in on the man, his eye flickering as he did so. Looking him over Kodiak observed the katana by his side, and his edginess.
Kodiak wondered fro a moment if he should not take a more defensive pose towards the man but decided to remain passive until signs of aggressiveness were shown.*

Hysteria
28th September 2004, 08:56 AM
Two red eyes looked the huge form up and down before his mouth answered.

“In your case I though what was a more prudent question. Now this is a place of peace and I am just making sure it stays that way.”

Reno took a step toward Kodiak with curiosity. Slowly he examined the body of Kodiak before his eyes rested on the green light, which seemed to be in the middle of his head.

Strange light, perhaps a sort of button? Lets see...

With a quick jab Reno poked Kodiak’s green light, wondering what it would do.

Hoax
28th September 2004, 09:05 AM
*Kodiak grasped his “face” and gave a yowl as Reno poked him in the eye. Though Kodiak had received some rough receptions in the past he had to admit that was one of the most offensive he had ever seen.

Upon uncovering his “face” one would be able to see the green eye flicker back bettwen red and green as the mech firmly placed a hand of Reno’s chest and gently pushed him back…*

Kodiak ~ “you have got to be THE rudest person I have ever come across. How would you like it if I poked you in your eyes with my axe?”

*said Kodiak reaching around and pulling his large battle axe from its slot on his back…*

Kodiak ~ “any way, who are you to say who is keeping the peace and who is disturbing it, my lot in life was fine until you stoped me an poked me in the eye.”

Hysteria
28th September 2004, 09:11 AM
Placing his right foot forward, he pushed off and jumped backwards into the cover of the forest. His feet digging slightly into the ground as he landed.

“Eye? It looked like some sort of green flame trapped within a window.”

Reno held his sword ready, still pointing at the mechanical beast.

Hoax
28th September 2004, 09:19 AM
Kodiak ~ “yes well, maybe you should ask before you go poking that thing into places you have no understanding of.

You silly boy, I think you have scratched my lens.”

*Kodiak faced the way he was going before and bent his knee’s slightly forward, the SMD snapping into place like a roller bladder’s boots.
Kodiak began to move off again, his axe still firmly in hand.*

Kodiak ~ “next time be a little more considered of others before you go poking that silly sword of yours into the faces of people.”

Hysteria
28th September 2004, 09:25 AM
Reno dropped his sword by his side and gave a deep sigh.

"People? You seem more like a metal montosity."

Dropping his sword slightly, Reno looked at the creature moved away.

Hoax
28th September 2004, 09:50 AM
*Kodiak stoped dead in his tracks, quickly standing up again Kodiak faced Reno.*

Kodiak ~ “in all my years I have never been so insulted. Monstrosity am I? who do you think you are to poke me in the eye then turn around and call me a “monstrosity”. If I had my way I would half you right now like a watermelon.”

Hysteria
28th September 2004, 09:30 PM
A large smile crept onto Reno's face.

"Watermelon? Please a big metal thing like you could never even touch me. You look slow and heavy. Oh and rusted in several parts. Tell you what, you go and clean that dirty shell off and then i might respect you, because right now, you look like you could not hit one of these trees without breaking off your arm."

Hoax
28th September 2004, 10:49 PM
*in one swift move Kodiak grabbed his large axe from his back, lunged forward to the opposite side of the road to what Reno was standing on and sent the blade flying deep into a tree trunk, the powerful blow cutting in half way.
As the tree started falling Kodiak let go of the axe and caught the tree, lifted it high above his head and threw it high over the spot Reno was standing. The tree sent flying for a good 300 yards before coming down in the other side of the forest with a loud thud.
Kodiak spoke to Reno again as he picked up his axe again.*

Kodiak ~ “…and even if I couldn’t hit you I am fairly sure your little sword there would do much damage to my composite armour plating, and even if it did I have even bigger doubts that you would so much as be able to scratch the armour plating under that….

I would also doubt that any spells one as inexperienced as your self would be able to conjure would have much of an effect on me.”

Hysteria
29th September 2004, 04:22 AM
Reno winked at Kodiak, a large grin on his face.

"You had to touch the tree to do that. I think you are the inexperianced one. Plus you are slow. I doubt you could touch a moving target. Basicly, your skills suck. But dont worry, someone could make a nice fire place from you."

Hoax
29th September 2004, 04:29 AM
Kodiak ~ "are you going to stand there and try ti insult me or are you going to try and do better?

any how, i guess i showed you i am not all rust and dirt. so are you going to best me at that some how?"

Hysteria
29th September 2004, 04:46 AM
Reno laughed a deep rich cascade.

“Well let’s see then.”

The sword of Reno hovered steady just in front of his head. Poised straight and sure like a seasoned warrior. With a blindingly fast attack the blade slashed vertically across the base of a tree. But the blade, rather than cutting into it missed by half a foot.

Reno stood up straight and looked back at Kodiak, the smile still on his face.

“Ready?”

With that simple word the tree blasted straight upwards. It rocketed through the air and was sent further than Kodiaks tree could ever hope to have gone. Reno looked at Kodiak and winked.

“See what I did was create a blade of air from my own, and that cut into the tree. You know it is amazing how strong air can be when placed under such pressure.”

Hoax
29th September 2004, 06:14 AM
*Kodiak followed the tree through the air, when he lost sight the mech face Reno again*

Kodiak ~ “your, tolerably good, but that looked draining, how long would you be able to keep that up for?
I would be interested to know, you seem quite the noble little man….”

Hysteria
29th September 2004, 06:55 AM
"Little? I am tall for a man. The drain is not much, that is compared to some more powerful spells I have.”

Reno stepped moved further out into the road and looked the mech in the green light.

“You do not seem so bad yourself. Tell me, are you in a rush?”

Hoax
29th September 2004, 07:18 AM
Kodiak ~ "your hardly come up to my right knee, thusly your little.

no, I wasn’t really in a rush, I mostly wander around these days looking for a mana pool occasionally and talking with a friendly face if I can find one…

you know, I do believe that the tree I decapitated was the first resemblance I have seen since being reactivated. It felt good.
And you, you would be the first resemblance of a friendly face since I refuel a few miles back down the road (I found a small mana pool collecting in a bed of pine needles.)

How would you like to have a friendly spar?”

Hysteria
29th September 2004, 07:21 AM
Reno bent his neck, which was answered by several cracks.

"I thought you would never ask."

Reno turned and walked down the track five metres and turned back to Kodiak.

"Well, you can have the first attack, it is only fair."

A large grin covered Reno's face, at least he seemed to have found a worthy opponent.

Hoax
29th September 2004, 07:43 AM
*Kodiak nodded*

Kodiak ~ “as you wish”

*Kodiak moved over to the side of the road again, figuring that there was no way he himself could not make it over to Reno before an effective counter measure could be implemented, decided that his best bet would be to try the log throwing again.

Kodiak found a shorter tree (about 18 feet tall) and whacked the trunk again with his massive axe, letting the tree fall into his arms Kodiak quickly cut of any branches from the main trunk. Then holstered his axe to heave the tree into a “comfit” position, taking a short run up Kodiak sent the log flying sideways into the tree’s kicking over a 5 or 6 of the tree’s near Reno’s location. The falling tree’s groaning as they fell….

Kodiak grabbed his one handed axe again. Walking slowly over to the spot were Reno had been Kodiak looked out for the swordsman*

Hysteria
29th September 2004, 07:56 AM
Reno watched with surprise as the tree smashed into the trees on either side of the path. He could not think of a possible reason for that action, if anything the felled trees seemed to aid in his own actions. He figured that he would be more nimble that the mechanical legs of Kodiak.

The samurai pointed his left hand up to the sky. Slowly water partials gathered above the two fighters. Reno smiled to himself. In no time there would be a huge storm above.

“Come get me.”

Reno bounced off the ground and onto one of the logs.

Hoax
29th September 2004, 08:36 AM
*Kodiak glanced up into the sky, it would have seemed Reno was casting a spell, however for the moment it was not Kodiaks main concern.
Kodiak walked over, close to Reno’s position, grabbing his “log” again Kodiak lifted it high above his head (with his one free hand) and brought it down towards Reno, at the same time, swinging around from the side with his axe, hoping to catch the “boy” off guard*

Hysteria
29th September 2004, 08:44 AM
Such a slow attack.... oh well

Reno rolled off the side of the log. The axe passing over his head, while the log smashed into the log he had just been standing on.

"So slow..."

The samurai jumped backwards and looked at the dark clouds over head with a smile. A light rain started to fall on the group, increasing the smile on Reno's face.

Hoax
29th September 2004, 08:53 AM
*Kodiak looked up into the clouds and rain. looking back down one could have sworn the mech was smilling*

Kodiak ~ "ok little one, you have my atention, you can make it rain. well fro the moment i want to see were you are going with this so ill let you go on uninterupted for a few moments."

*Kodiak took a few steps back and simply stood there in the rain, looking for what the swordsman might do, or were he was going with this...*

Hysteria
29th September 2004, 08:59 AM
The rain increase in volume as Reno ran up one of the logs toward Kodiak. He leaped off the log and flew at the machines head, slashing backwards and forwards with his sword.

But it was not just normals sword slashes. Around the blade the water had formed a thin coat. Reno had hardened that water into Ice, creating a blade much more stronger than steel. But that was not all, he had imobalised the air around the blade and the air extending from it. Similar to what he had done to the tree. A total of three air blade attacks could hit Kodiak in the face, while four ice and wind blade attacks could hit.

Hoax
11th October 2004, 05:42 PM
*Kodiak stumbled back with each blow to his head, lowering his face so that the blows landed not directly in his face, but rather on the top of his head.
He was fortunate in the fact that his bulky armour had protected him from each of the blows, though he did bear a new dint on the top of his head.

The giant mech now staggered around, it seemed he had taken a bigger beating that first anticipated as his head now twitched from side to side and he was staggering some one side to the other like a drunk man kicked out of a tavern.*

Hysteria
12th October 2004, 04:05 AM
Reno landed on the now muddy dirt with a slurp. He steadied himself before survaying the damage he had done to Kodiak. It seemed that he had managed to do more damage to Kodiak than he had expected.

Looking up into the air Reno gave a small smile, the rain was now baring down much faster. Soon his plan would come into effect, but for now he would play around with the robot for a while.

The water under Reno's feet suddenly exploded with heat, sending him slightly into the air. The jaggered ice froze, giving Reno perfect traction in the mud. But that was not all the water that Reno was going to control. The thin covering that was across Kodiak started to build up, it seemed that rather than simply running off the mech's surface it was instead building up. Reno talked quickly, his eyes survaying the mech with glee.

"Is that it? Defeated so soon?"

Hoax
12th October 2004, 04:52 AM
*Kodiak flew up in the air, though his weight prevented him from going to high, it was high enough.
Kodiak came down with a loud thud. Going down on one knee and a hand to steady himself as he landed.”

Kodiak ~ “Not my a long shot!!”

*growled Kodiak as he got up and made a half hearted lung at Reno with his axe, his attack taking twice as long as his first attack, also missing by a good 2 foot.
The end result was Kodiak ended up face flat in half frozen mud.
Seemingly embarrassed Kodiak got up again as quickly as he could and faced Reno again, taking a very defensive pose to the sumari.*

Hysteria
12th October 2004, 04:58 AM
Reno cocked one eye brow and looked over the mech now covered with even more water and mud. It seemed that it was making his plan easy for him. Above the two the rain burst into even more glory. As before the water continued to stick to Kodiak.

Well, i guess this will be over soon, this water will soon be enough

Hoax
13th October 2004, 01:16 AM
*Kodiak gave a mechanical growl, looking up at the rain as it intensified, the water collecting further on his armour.
Kodiak needed more time, fortunately this seemed something Reno was willing give him.

Extending his left arm, Kodiak flipped his hand back in a way that for a human would mean there wrist was broken. For Kodiak though it was far from the truth, under his left wrist was a hole about 2inch wide.

Kodiak used his right arm to support his left and took careful aim at Reno’s chest, a second later and a large wooden stake about 6inch long and a little under 2 inch round was sent flying towards Reno faster than any arrow had travelled.

To couple the stake sent flying at Reno's chest Kodiak also made a lunge at Reno, but aimed it in a funny way, his left fist snapped back into place and aimed to Reno’s left side, but was aimed to miss and strike Reno should he try to dodge to the left, his right hand, axe in grip, was aimed the same, only for his right side*

Hysteria
14th October 2004, 10:11 PM
Reno watched with interest as Kodiak’s wrist flipped back. But that ended as soon as Kodiak held his left arm with his right. Reno knew the posture, it was clear even on this mechanical creature. It was taking aim! Reno jumped backwards the stake blasting out towards him. Landing on his back, Reno slid and stopped just before the pile of logs, the stake now imbedded in on of the trunks less than a foot above where his head once was.

The follow up attacks by Kodiak looked funny to Reno, and had his life not just been threatened he would have been laughing. But Reno was not one to lose his edge from one close escape. He picked up his sword from next to him and stood up. Grabbing onto the stake Reno pulled himself over the logs and back over to the other side before Kodiak had finished his obviously planned attacks.

Over the other side of the logs Reno focused on the wind around him. It sped up, reaching a huge gale force. Then he turned his attention on the water below the logs. It started to sped up and then exploded, lifting the logs about a foot off the ground. Taking the chance the wind wrapped around them and the whole lot smashed its way toward Kodiak, taking out trees on either side of the path as they went.