PDA

View Full Version : DirectX problem

Rpg fan
27th September 2004, 01:31 PM
Okay, I finally bought a new webcam. A logitech, and it wouldnt install. It gives me a "thread got broken" problem or something. No biggie, I read the "readme" file, and it says I need DirectX9.

I, using my vast knowledge of "readme's are always right" download DirectX9, and what happens : DirectX9 fails. It gives me an error when installing. X8 has no problem, but X9 gives me to much shit.

My question : what can be done about it, I already tried reinstalling windows (I have W98 btw), and it didnt work.

How the hell can I make this work, because it annoys the living FUCK out of me to FINALLY have a new webcam (which hopefull will work) and not being able to use it.

(( :rpgsmiley <<< omfg its still here O_o; ))

omega
27th September 2004, 01:37 PM
Perhaps the download was corrupted. Can you install DX9 from your webcam driver CD?

Rpg fan
27th September 2004, 01:56 PM
I managed to install directX9.........still doesnt work. I get this message (see attachment)

attachment doesnt work, damnit.

Anyways, I get a (im trying to translate this as good as I can)

"the I/O-(active factor or something) has been aborted due to the closing of a thread or due to a command from a running program"

I have no idea wtf it means, I closed all the other programs, and except winzip nothing else is active >_>;;

help !

omega
27th September 2004, 02:05 PM
Can you note down here what processes are running in task manager?

Rpg fan
27th September 2004, 02:08 PM
giveupalread (this page)
livejournal (page im watching right now)
explorer
wzqkpick
stimon
systray

omega
27th September 2004, 02:20 PM
I meant this list of processes: http://homepages.ihug.com.au/~djb1/processes.gif

Rpg fan
27th September 2004, 04:48 PM
Dude, I have windows98.....it doesnt have that list >_>;, at least not that I know of anyways

omega
27th September 2004, 04:59 PM
arrr yeah i keep forgetting

ergh well man either something's running in the background interfering with your hardware (which is possible, there is a strain of spyware that screws with your network drivers/config, which could cause problems with the networking component of DirectX), or you should stick your windows cd in the drive and run setup, then try installing dx9 again

also, make sure it's 9.0c that you're getting, the previous versions are horribly inefficient in comparison.

Rpg fan
27th September 2004, 05:35 PM
it IS 9.0C, the others couldnt even be started. And I contacted logitech (webcam developer), they'll send a reply within 2 days (whoopie.....). And its so annoying really......

any way I can get rid of any regs from logitech or my previous webcam TRUST Sp@cecam (I completely removed its software, but maybe something is still being a bitch)