PDA

View Full Version : Kashyyykian Bounty Hunter Guild recruitment thread (closes 3 Aug)

Legion
27th July 2005, 01:54 PM
Either Fatbreadstick or Loco_Loco, make the first post. This is a recruiment thread and will close upon the third of August.

fatbreadstick
27th July 2005, 03:16 PM
Kashyyykian Bounty Hunter Guild

Bounty Hunters Creed
The highest law in the world of Bounty Hunters, breaking the Creed can have very painful results.

People Don't Have Bounties, Only Acquisitions Have Bounties.
This single, cardinal rule, more than any other, defines the way in which Bounty Hunters approach their chosen profession. It reflects the idea that sapient beings, to some degree, must be accorded respect. If, however, an individual has a bounty placed on them, he or she ceases to be an individual with rights. No longer a member of the galactic community, the "Acquisition" becomes fair game. Tears should never be shed over the fate of someone that is, after all, only an "Acquisition."

Capture By Design, Kill By Necessity.
In keeping with the loosely defined Hunter code of ethics, killing is sometimes necessary. That's business, pure and simple. However, unnecessary killing is still murder. The Hunter, unless otherwise directed by those leveling the bounty, must attempt to deliver the Acquisition alive. Often, those leveling the bounty have a vested interest in a live target -- and the target might be better off getting killed by the Hunter.

No Hunter Shall Slay Another Hunter.
Simply put, whatever their origin, Bounty Hunters see themselves as a special breed. They take their lives (and those of others) into their hands each time they hunt. One may agree with another Hunter's motives or damn them for the manner in which they carry out their hunts, but no Bounty Hunter may ever take up arms against a fellow Hunter. This law applies only to Hunters who themselves follow the creed. Those who have broken the creed, or who themselves have a bounty posted on their head, are merely Acquisitions. In such cases, the ex-Hunter is no longer seen as a member of a common fellowship and old scores can now be settled with impunity. The Hunter has become the hunted.

No Hunter Shall Interfere With Another's Hunt.
While it is not unheard of for Hunters to work as a team, the hunt for a given Acquisition is most often viewed as a form of personal duel between two sapient creatures. In such a duel, the Hunter matches skill and courage against all the resources one's opponent can bring to bear. If the Hunter wins, it is a personal triumph denoting superior skill and intellect, and not simply a question of luck. To interfere with another's hunt, unless first invited, is to leave the question of "who is better" open and, perhaps forever, unresolved. Of course, competition between Hunters is often fierce and there is often a very thin line between "compensation" and "interference." This being true, while a Hunter is constrained against taking direct action against another Hunter, there is nothing to constrain a Hunter from hiring other Hunters to do the dirty work. Of course, if such an action, successful or not, can be traced back to the original perpetrator serious consequences inevitably follow.

In The Hunt One Captures Or Kills, Never Both.
In the case where the Acquisition has been taken alive, that "choice" cannot be altered. To kill an Acquisition in the course of the hunt is one thing, but to purposely kill an unarmed, helpless being already subdued and unable to resist is seen as simple slaughter and wanton butchery. An Acquisition "killed while attempting escape" however, would be an entirely different matter altogether.

No Hunter Shall Refuse Aid to Another Hunter.
While no Hunter has the right to interfere with another's hunt, there come times when even the best of master Hunters require assistance. In extreme cases, any Hunter may ask for and expect aid and assistance from another Hunter, even if it means the latter must temporarily suspend his or her own hunt in the meantime to render such aid. Whatever personal grievances or animosities may be involved between the two parties, it is known and understood that Hunters take care of their own. Of course, such assistance is not without its price tag, and the arbitration of payment after the fact can often put a substantial dent in the expected profit.

Ranks
A strong chain of command leads to a stronger Guild. People function better with role models and orders.

Mediators: Loco_Loco and Fatbreadstick (Rej)
Mediators initiate Guild votes, make rulings in Guild disputes in the event of a tie, take on Apprentices, and are the highest in command. All members must answer to the Mediators.
Master Hunters:
Master Hunters are veterans to the Hunt, and have proven themselves to be at a higher level of mastery of Hunting. They only must answer to the Creed and the Mediators, and can take on Apprentices, and, in Guild wars, can order Hunters around.
Hunters: Anvar (D'rass Clerik), ChaosLight (Qin)
Hunters are the bulk of a Guild, and have proven their skills in Hunting and being able to operate alone during a Hunt. They can take on Apprentices, though, if a Mediator thinks they arenít skilled enough for a possible future Hunter, the Apprentice can be reassigned, or the mentor Hunter may be paired with another to ensure safety of the Apprentice.
Apprentices:
Apprentices are Recruits to the Guild and have only the rights a Recruit does, but have a Hunter mentor to teach them, and show them how to behave on the Hunt, and in the Guild in general. When an Apprentices mentor believes the Apprentice is ready, the Guild votes on whether or not the Apprentice may be allowed to become a Hunter, though the Mediators can make the Apprentice in question a Hunter without any vote.
Recruits: DV (Stalker01), JediMasterX (?), Maulkat(Ced Theron)
Recruits are the lowest rank in the Kashyyykian Bounty Hunter Guild, and have few rights, if any. Their votes in the clan count as nothing, though they are allowed to try and persuade Hunters and above to see things their way. They are only at this stage until a Hunter or above takes them on as an Apprentice.

Rules and Regulations
Every Guild needs rules and regulations to keep the members in line.

∑ Above all things, a Bounty Hunter must follow the Bounty Hunters Creed.
∑ Respect all Hunters, especially those who outrank you.
∑ If you witness a member of the Guild breaking the Creed, report it immediately and a Hunterís Lodge will be called to order.
∑ A Bounty Hunter may only have one Apprentice at a time. No exceptions.
∑ A member may have a partner, but keep in mind that they will be separated when they are chosen for Apprenticeship.
∑ Bounty Hunters may ask the Guild for help, advice, and information about an Acquisition, and propose plans to capture an Acquisition, should it require full Guild involvement.
∑ All profit from capturing an Acquisition go into the Guild Bank to ensure security. If the Guild is called upon for help such as for Acquisition transfer, there will be a 5%-10% tax, depending on the task. No tax will exceed 10% unless another Guild member dies in the process.
∑ Members will be allowed full access to their Guild Bank Account and credits from in their accounts.
∑ No weapon is unethical. A Hunter is resourceful and if unarmed will create weapons with what materials he has to suit his purposes, even if it is a biological weapon or an extremely lethal form of radiation.
∑ If a Bounty Hunter is accused of a crime, such as breaking of the Creed, a Hunterís Lodge will be called. A Lodge, in the case of the Kashyyykian Bounty Hunter Guild in particular, is a meeting of at least three Bounty Hunters of at least Hunter rank. After hearing the accused (or a representative of the accused) and the prosecutor testify, the other Bounty Hunters vote on whether or not the accused is guilty.
∑ If a Hunterís Lodge is called and the accused is pronounced guilty, then a number of different punishments may occur, determined by the Lodge. One such, would be a Ban, in which case other Hunters may break the Creed and not give the guilty Hunter aid when asked, and steal Acquisitions, but still may not kill the Hunter.

So, this is an invite only clan, but for a limited time only, we have this recruitment thread up. We PMed people who seemed to like Star Wars RPing, but if we overlooked you, or you want to try it for the first time, then now's your chance. I don't quite have the IC intro done yet, so if you could post whether or not you want to be in, and character names, that'd be great. Force users and non-Force users allowed, yada-yada-yada, have at it.

Brick Mullet
27th July 2005, 03:31 PM
I'm in. I'll post my character later.

ChaosLight
27th July 2005, 03:49 PM
I'm in. I'm using Qin, found in my profile, after I alter him a little...

Brick Mullet
27th July 2005, 04:13 PM
Ok, here's my chatacter:
http://s12.invisionfree.com/StarWarsRPGWorld/index.php?showtopic=10

fatbreadstick
27th July 2005, 05:42 PM
DV, you may want to copy and paste that info into a GUA thread because not everyone who is joining this clan goes on that site. I, however, do and I know you're using Stalker01, correct? DV, CL, good to have you guys. Oh, and CL, you don't really need to edit Qin as Force users are allowed.

JediMasterX
27th July 2005, 09:55 PM
I'm in. I'll use Maxis.

fatbreadstick
27th July 2005, 10:07 PM
You are aware that this is a Star Wars clan, right?

JediMasterX
27th July 2005, 10:47 PM
yeah, I'll give him a quick make over or what not. I'll do it tommorow. Too tired now.

Anvar
28th July 2005, 05:26 AM
Yeah, I'm in. Force user most probably, maybe non force. Will have Char done in a few days.

JediMasterX
28th July 2005, 07:09 AM
Forget me using Maxis. I'll be using Sare. I goota go and give him back his equipment though.

fatbreadstick
28th July 2005, 10:15 AM
Okay. And to you Force users, lets not have any Jedi vs. Sith conflicts within the clan. And since Jedi are all goody-goody and stuff, maybe it should only be Dark Side people since no Jedi would be a Bounty Hunter instead of following the Council. That would make them a Dark Jedi.

Brick Mullet
28th July 2005, 10:35 AM
We could have "Grey" Jedi. nuetral ones. Also, only 1 more member needed.

JediMasterX
28th July 2005, 10:36 AM
yeah, I know. No conflicts ya ya.

fatbreadstick
28th July 2005, 10:37 AM
Loco is a co-leader but hasn't posted yet. So we have Anvar, JediMasterX, Me, Loco, DV, CL, and I could've sworn we had Maulkat or someone... we'll just have to PM the hell out of Star Wars RPers then, I guess.

Loco_Loco
28th July 2005, 11:06 AM
Yeah that's true! I am a lazy ass :) But I didnt think it that urgent that I posted because I am co-leader so it's obvious I am in the clan, but here I am, posting anyway! :)

In the voice of someone not already in the clan: Oh oh pick me me! I'm in I'm in, yay!! :)

Anvar
28th July 2005, 02:56 PM
My Character will be a force user. Link here:http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?p=415831#post415831

Bw3nyrgna
28th July 2005, 08:40 PM
Thats six members I see. So, I don't want to join, just here to make a proposition.

the Guilds of Sartera are a group of outlaws. If you guys get your clan established, how would you feel about a nice healthy little war?

fatbreadstick
28th July 2005, 08:52 PM
Well, we are a Star Wars clan, so I don't know how fair a fight would be. The Bounty Hunters would be like "I use my radar to find you even though there are copies of you everywhere" or "I throw a thermal detonator every 5 meters and jet away, watching the whole forest explode, enemies and all." The Guilds are more magic oriented and as such, could either have a huge advantage by doing something apocalyptic, or have a huge disadvantage due to low technology. Basically, I think it would be like adding x and y and trying to find the answer in terms of z. It'd make no sense. I believe Loco would feel the same, but we'll see what he thinks, though you have my two cents.

On that note, I think we should try to get hired by either the Jedi or Sith and help in a coming clan war between the two, and can use this as a selling point for our clan.

Bw3nyrgna
28th July 2005, 09:33 PM
I know you're a Starwars clan. I also know that my clan can roleplay against your technology just fine.

But, I didnt realize there was a war between those two clans coming up, so nevermind then.

Loco_Loco
29th July 2005, 02:59 AM
Yeah I feel the same as fbs about the whole x + y. But I don't know of an upcoming clan war, and fbs has not mentitoned anything to me, I just think he meant if there is an upcoming clan war, but I don't know, there might be!

maulkat
29th July 2005, 12:43 PM
Do I have to be a Wookie to join? Since it is a Kashyyykian Bounty Hunter thread. I do not really want to be a walking carpet.
If I do not have to be a Wookie then I am interested. If I have to be one, then I do not want to join.

Loco_Loco
29th July 2005, 01:21 PM
Don't dis wookies!!! But no you dont have to be one!

fatbreadstick
29th July 2005, 02:36 PM
Nah, Wookies just harbor us criminals, you can be whatever you want. No one is a Wookie so far, actually.

Painfulfireyfox
29th July 2005, 02:44 PM
i'll agree with that.. :D :banana:

JediMasterX
29th July 2005, 02:56 PM
I like the whole idea about being hired by Sith and Jedi, but only one problem. I kinda told Zadok (Pstr) which is the leader of the NJO that I would basically kill him. I don't think he would take it too kindly if I came back up there. He would probably TRY and kill me. Don't want that to happen.

fatbreadstick
29th July 2005, 02:59 PM
If you said that IC, then it's true and you are going to go up there and try to kill his character, providing his clan agrees. If it was OOC, then technically you could be banned from GUA, so let's hope it was IC.

JediMasterX
29th July 2005, 03:01 PM
yeah. it was IC. If it was OOC then I would probably get banned and sued maybe.

maulkat
30th July 2005, 02:07 AM
OK, I am in then. I just have to make a char and stuff about her. I will have a female bounty hunter. I can play guys, but it is easier for me to play a female. I got in trouble for playing multi chars on another site. Maul was the female and I had also had a male. I got caught. Anyway.....so how do I join or get there or whatever?

Loco_Loco
30th July 2005, 02:55 AM
You have to wait for fbs to set up the main thread first! :)

Anvar
30th July 2005, 05:38 AM
I was just wondering, are there any restrictions to powers, equiptment etc, because I am designing my character and want to list space craft, weapons etc and want to know if I can't have certain things.

Loco_Loco
30th July 2005, 05:40 AM
I do not think there are any restrictions, but don't be silly if you know what I mean!

Anvar
30th July 2005, 06:10 AM
Damn, I guess a fleet of interdictor cruisers and a super star destroyer are out of the question? Maybe a Death star or two? No? Damn!

On a more serious note, good good, I got a ship and a couple of weapons, It's game on.

Loco_Loco
30th July 2005, 06:11 AM
Hehe! Yeah but a ship an a few weapons are fine! :p

Anvar
30th July 2005, 07:54 AM
Ok, this is more a presumption than a question, but as a bounty hunter's clan, our quests would be .....bounties that we have to catch as a group?

Loco_Loco
30th July 2005, 08:11 AM
Err, yes kind of. Not always as a whole group, maybe just two or three of us together, but yeah, that's about right!

JediMasterX
30th July 2005, 08:29 AM
maybe we should have different groups and leaders of the groups or what not.

Loco_Loco
30th July 2005, 09:16 AM
Hmm, no because then what would be the point of us being a whole clan, if we just seperate! But I am sure we will split into groups some time! :)

fatbreadstick
30th July 2005, 01:50 PM
There are also bounties like the Hutts that are well guarded, with mercenaries numbering about 50 or higher that guard them, so you know, they could be a problem.

Is that seven, guys?

Anvar
30th July 2005, 02:18 PM
Loco, fatbreadstick, Anvar, Kumashin, Jedimasterx, Dv, Chaoslight.....1234567. Yep, we got enough to begin a clan. Good work everyone.

maulkat
30th July 2005, 05:24 PM
Don't forget me. I'm in. I just need to get my char and figure stuff out.

fatbreadstick
30th July 2005, 06:12 PM
I counted Maulkat, but Kumashin? I don't know if he even posted here. I know Painfulfireyfox did, but did he join, or is he just kinda spamming up our recruitment thread?

JediMasterX
30th July 2005, 06:32 PM
I dunno, he went on vacation. The Hutt quest is cool with me. Just no Jedi for me. They don't like me too well.

Anvar
31st July 2005, 06:08 AM
Sorry 'bout that, for some strange reason I throught Maulkat was Kumashin......Need to get more sleep.
So, couple more days, and we will have a full on clan going. WOOT.

maulkat
1st August 2005, 12:32 AM
I got my name figured out. Ced Theron. It means Bounty Hunter. :) I try to get names that mean what I am playing. What area are we going to start questing? I just need to get a history going for her.

fatbreadstick
1st August 2005, 09:42 AM
Anywhere, it wouldn't matter because we have Hyperdrive engines. But we will start on
August 3rd when they give us our clan thread, though I'm not sure if I can just PM them and ask them for one...

maulkat
2nd August 2005, 01:48 AM
Ok that gives me a day to think up something for her. How much XP can we have, start off with...ect?

fatbreadstick
2nd August 2005, 11:15 AM
It's a BA Clan, so just whatever you want. If you want her to be weak and learning, go ahead. If you want her to be new to the Guild, but already an experienced Hunter, go ahead.

Legion
2nd August 2005, 12:26 PM
In is in, out is out (remind me to PM Angry about posting in recruitment threads if he doesn't want to join). I've counted about seven members so your clan thread is coming.- It is here. - (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?p=422507#post422507)Have fun hunting the bad guys.

This thread is closed.