PDA

View Full Version : Movies DBZ

ElvnPsycho
6th September 2004, 08:44 AM
Omg, i couldn't believe i didn't see one for DBZ, now this is one of my fav Anime's i loved Dragon Ball, And Dragon Ball Z, But I Dislike GT.

I don't like all that new shi* their doing...but i'll start off saying my fav character is definatly Gohan, He Was My Fav. Character After The Cell Games, Which he tottally tore every1 up, and he beat cell, and cell's Hatchlings...

Kaos1234
6th September 2004, 08:55 AM
ok, well dbz was good and I agree with you that dbgt issnt as good as dbz..

ElvnPsycho
6th September 2004, 08:59 AM
i am glad we both agree that Dragon Ball GT sux, i dislike it and thats why i do not watch it anymore...

Neko Reichiru
6th September 2004, 09:19 AM
I've watched DBZ ever since I was little, and liked it. I've always hated the fact of how drawn out and long the fight scenes were. They were okay at first, but soon I began prefering the scenes that didn't revolve around drawn out fighting because you got to see all the other minor characters.

I think one of my favorite sagas was the Orange Star High ones because we got to see Gohan trying to act like a normal teenager, plus Videl was just great trying to figure out Gohan's secrets. She's my favorite character, and then chibi Goten because he's just so darn cute.

As for GT I've seen a few of the episodes and they were quite interesting to watch. I think I watched them mostly to see Pan, and to get ideas for my latest fanfiction work that involves her as a teenager.

Loco_Loco
6th September 2004, 09:21 AM
I have a friend who watched DBZ and he loves it, and he made me watch it, and now I like it too! :D

ElvnPsycho
6th September 2004, 09:23 AM
hmmm as i did like Videl and Gohan, that was pretty kewl, alltho Gohan's hero thing was kinda dumb...lol it was kewl to see Goten ur right he was awesome (not gonna say cute, i'm gonna sa awesome) and he was the youngest Saiyan i believe...

Neko Reichiru
6th September 2004, 09:28 AM
Yes he was definitely the youngest. The Saiyaman costume was interesting, but the way Gohan tried to be all hero and do his poses cracked me up, especially the first time he tried to help Videl save that bus from the thugs. She must not have thought it too corny though since she eventually joined him as Saiyaman II

Saya
6th September 2004, 09:29 AM
yeh Videl rocks!! maybe I should put her back in my signature next time o.O

ElvnPsycho
6th September 2004, 09:33 AM
lol yea that Saiyaman Poses kinda embarrased me, i thought it was the dumbest thing...lol!

Squidi
6th September 2004, 09:34 AM
DBZ is good, DB was better cause it had the fighting, it was less complicated, and it was FUNNY. Oh and GT... sucks ball. I am watching it though cause I wanna see how everything like turns out.

ElvnPsycho
6th September 2004, 09:37 AM
hmmm yea thats the only reason i watched a few GT episodes...

but i dislike GT much!

MasterHiei
6th September 2004, 10:27 AM
I...dunno, I can't say that I dislike DBGT. Maybe because it comes on after Yu Yu Hakusho I am still in that anime-ish kinda mood so GT isnt all that bad. DBZ was...okay. I agree with the fact that the battles were too long and they were alot of crap episodes.*

*I use crap episodes to refer to episodes in shows that only explain things and does not progress the story at all.

Mousyman
6th September 2004, 12:03 PM
I used to kill to watch DBZ whenever I could. I was always a fan of Gohan and Vegeta, and once Trunks came along I thought he was pretty badass too. I hate GT, mainly because DBZ got too repetative for me. My favorite saga was Garlic Junior, even though it had nothing to do with the regular series. >.< I hated the spice boys but Garlic himself was a pimp. And I always got annoyed when you had 10 minutes of powering up, and "AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH," and then you got a commercial and scenes from the next ep. :( Disappointing it was.

Loki Seijuro
6th September 2004, 02:11 PM
Yeah...DBZ kinda sucks....just being honest here. The action kicked ass, which is actually why people watched it, yet the plot was lacking, and everything about the series was very repetitive. Sorry to say it, but it's for the below average Anime fan...or for just an action freak....which is fine by me. I still watch it occasionally, but I'm not thrilled about it as I once was.

ElvnPsycho
6th September 2004, 02:20 PM
well yes i hated how some episodes were just where they powered up and screamed, like when gohan and Cell both had those huge power balls at each other and one would get closer to gohan then one closer to cell, and like 15 minutes back and fourth so yea that kinda suxed, but i liked it i mean i had nuttin better to do, but i would have to wait a whole day to see what happens ^_^

Saya
6th September 2004, 03:04 PM
or the two months with freeza's fight of 5 minutes :p well Naruto is kinda as dbz......but better ^-^ so I just follow that one

Dari
6th September 2004, 03:58 PM
Dragonball Z is my favorite anime of all time. Maybe because its like the first Gundam series/movie and it portrays the bad guys more in a gray coloring then pure black and white. Which is cool. Or for the tons of cool characters like Elder Mystic Gohan, Dabura, Super/Perfect Cell, the Buu forms, Janemba, ect..

And some of those Dragonball Z movies really did kick ass. I love Dragonball Z, nothing yet so far has displaced it as the number one loved and most popular manga/anime in the world.

Marushia
6th September 2004, 05:04 PM
I agree completely with the first part of MasterHiei's post. It isn't all that bad, at least not more than the others. At first, I thought it was crappy, but now I find it somewhat interesting. I like the Super 17 Saga and I find the Evil Shenron Saga to be quite interesting. It'll get better as it goes on, this saga, that is.

I don't consider explainations to be crap, really. Not if they are important, anyway. Stuff like the origins of villains or how they are still alive or explaining how moves and abilities work is not crap.

Crap is when they stand around going "Gee, oh no, what should we do. All is lost!" for many episodes before someone goes "Oh wait, I forgot to mention we have this ultimate new power that we knew about all along, but just didn't feel like telling you about." That's crap.

Now, if a character is not ALLOWED to say something for one reason or another or if they trully don't know something, then it's a different story, but there IS a lot of crap, like I just said, in the series.

and he was the youngest Saiyan i believe...

Youngest Super Saiyajin, maybe, but the youngest Saiyajin is Pan.

Oh, reports indicate that Japan is working on the release of the newest installment of Dragonball, though I'm not sure the official name yet. My last check said it was something like Dragonball Y and that it involves the first four androids as well as a lot of time travel filled with hilariously one-sided battles. It should be out later this year if it isn't already.

Pustolio
6th September 2004, 06:54 PM
when i first got into anime i was a dbz fanboy. absolutely obssessed with it until i watched everything that came out before it was released into America... even though my taste for it has lesseded, i cant deny that i once absolutely loved this anime.

now that look back on it it wasnt too bad. even though with the sorta cool stuff like fusions and androids and etc. coming out, i think the series should of stopped at the end of the freiza saga... since the plot states that frieza was the ultimate and powerful being in the universe. yet they continued. something that really pisses me off is when i see in on cartoon network and ask why its still on there. i remember watching this ever since toonami started, before the tom dude even existed, tom replaced by this guy in an orange radiation suit. and db series has been in everyseason switch. theres better anime to be put on that precious airtime besides the series. plus, at times the fight scenes were extremely dragged out. like the cell/gohan kamehamea battle. it took so long to get through that, or the time i saw goku for at least 20 minutes in a crouching position screaming his lungs out charging into ssj3.

i have to saw my favs of the dbz stuff is the movies. particularly the ones with janemba and brolly. both were pretty kick a$$.

dbgt has its moments... i really liked super andriod 17. i had to admit that was pretty awesome. and there this group of minor and underrated villians, the para para brothers. the 3 dudes in the red suits attacking pan, goku, and trunks by dancing and singing to a stereo beat. that was cool.

personally, i liked dragon ball more than dbz for the fact it wasnt all action and it was more mellow... had comedy.

i doubt there would be a new installment. i mena there was a rumor that popped up about a dragonball af coming out, along with a pic of a super saiyan 5... but it turned out to be fan fiction. might be the same with dragonball y.

Squidi
6th September 2004, 06:56 PM
Want to know what I hate? I hate it when the fighters just stared at each other. Seriously, them just staring at each other took was half of the whole episode.

ElvnPsycho
6th September 2004, 08:50 PM
lol, yea but it had some meaning, i thought it was kinda kewl to see them stare then 2 seconds later they try to beat the hell outta each other!

Dari
6th September 2004, 09:15 PM
I agree completely with the first part of MasterHiei's post. It isn't all that bad, at least not more than the others. At first, I thought it was crappy, but now I find it somewhat interesting. I like the Super 17 Saga and I find the Evil Shenron Saga to be quite interesting. It'll get better as it goes on, this saga, that is.

I don't consider explainations to be crap, really. Not if they are important, anyway. Stuff like the origins of villains or how they are still alive or explaining how moves and abilities work is not crap.

Crap is when they stand around going "Gee, oh no, what should we do. All is lost!" for many episodes before someone goes "Oh wait, I forgot to mention we have this ultimate new power that we knew about all along, but just didn't feel like telling you about." That's crap.

Now, if a character is not ALLOWED to say something for one reason or another or if they trully don't know something, then it's a different story, but there IS a lot of crap, like I just said, in the series.

Youngest Super Saiyajin, maybe, but the youngest Saiyajin is Pan.

Oh, reports indicate that Japan is working on the release of the newest installment of Dragonball, though I'm not sure the official name yet. My last check said it was something like Dragonball Y and that it involves the first four androids as well as a lot of time travel filled with hilariously one-sided battles. It should be out later this year if it isn't already.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Pan never turns or did turn Super Saiyajin in GT...In any case, Dragonball AF/V is a balant rumor made by Dragonball fans to hope for no reason that the series will continue. Since GT basically sucked and was only for money, die hard fans really see no reason to continue the series.

All has been shown, all has been explained.

ElvnPsycho
6th September 2004, 09:18 PM
yes GT did suck, and i iknew they were doing it for money they should have stopped at the end of DBZ, but w/e...

Elmdor
6th September 2004, 10:11 PM
I like Dragon Ball Z. I've watched it ever since I was a kid when I still lived in Hawaii. The storyline is lacking in the english version and the charachters were dumbed down, but I still watch it for the nostalgic feeling of being a kid. I hated when cartoon network was stuck in the Freiza Saga for like half a year. It made me stop watching for the longest time until I watched it in spanish for it's sheer comedic value.

Marushia
6th September 2004, 10:36 PM
when i first got into anime i was a dbz fanboy. absolutely obssessed with it until i watched everything that came out before it was released into America... even though my taste for it has lesseded, i cant deny that i once absolutely loved this anime.

Hehe, I remember I got up one day a few years back, turned on the TV and saw the episodes of DBZ where Goku made it to King Kai's planet for the first time and where Piccolo blew up the projector that made the moon hologram.

At the time, I had no idea what it was I was watching, but it looked interesting, so I continued until I had to go to school (this was at like 5AM). Then, when I got into my freshman year of high school, I started watching Cartoon Network and then from there watched every episode of Dragonball/Z that came on. Since I started watching fultime, however, I've seen all but the part of the Cell Saga starting from when he turns to Perfect Cell, however, after playing the games, I know the general story there. I'm glad that Shonen Jump is just starting to cover that part, so I can read it and get the full story. :)

now that look back on it it wasnt too bad. even though with the sorta cool stuff like fusions and androids and etc. coming out, i think the series should of stopped at the end of the freiza saga... since the plot states that frieza was the ultimate and powerful being in the universe. yet they continued. something that really pisses me off is when i see in on cartoon network and ask why its still on there.

Actually, I didn't mind that they continued, but rather that it began to decline from that point until the beginning of the Buu saga and then died down again, somewhat. People complain about the older visuals, but I actual prefer to watch the graphics from the Saiyan and Frieza sagas. For some reason, even though it's not as realistic, I think they are better. The Saiyan Saga is probably my favorite. I liked the music and title scenes better too, as well as the Toonami intro music for that series.

After the Frieza Saga, they begin to pull stuff out of their asses. Trunks comes back from the future to warn them about the androids, but they decide to do nothing to prevent it. "I want to fight them to get stronger because I know my arch-rival will be doing the same." Alright.

Androids proceed to destroy things. Gero claims there was no need to film the Z Fighters on Namek. Um, why? They turned out to be pretty tough in the end. Alright.

Piccolo and Vegita fight Cell. Vegita let's him become perfect form. Nice job!! Oh, he's merciful. Lucky you. What the hell is that?

There are worse parts later where they pull moves out of their asses without fully explaining how they work or where they came from. "Oh, I was too busy going 'darn it' that I totally forgot we have these moves, plus a place to train in for 1/360 of the time.

Piccolo returns to the island to asses Buu's defeat. Sees Babadi, goes to kill him, sees Buu, runs away. Why not just kill Babadi and THEN run? You know that Babadi is the master mind behind the whole thing. I say that if Piccolo had killed Babadi then and there, Buu would have remained docile on that island for a long time, if not forever and would not have turned evil. At the very least, it would have given the Z fighters more time to prepare.

Er, why not use the Spirit Bomb from the start? "I won't be around forever." Oh yes you will.

i remember watching this ever since toonami started, before the tom dude even existed, tom replaced by this guy in an orange radiation suit. and db series has been in everyseason switch. theres better anime to be put on that precious airtime besides the series.

I can assure you that new ones will be put on soon enough. I shall find out which ones at a later date.

I liked the old Tom. He was cool. Not the beefed up one. I also liked the older ship.

plus, at times the fight scenes were extremely dragged out. like the cell/gohan kamehamea battle. it took so long to get through that, or the time i saw goku for at least 20 minutes in a crouching position screaming his lungs out charging into ssj3

I liked the SSJ3 episode. It had one of my favorite background songs on it. (the music that played right after Goku transformed and said "sorry it took so long, this is what I like to call SSJ3.") And the staring parts aren't so bad in most cases.

i have to saw my favs of the dbz stuff is the movies. particularly the ones with janemba and brolly. both were pretty kick a$$.

Oh yeah, they're gonna' finish showing those as well. Part of being able to understand the new series, they said, was that you be familiar with ALL the characters and major fights from the series including the ones from the movies.

dbgt has its moments... i really liked super andriod 17. i had to admit that was pretty awesome. and there this group of minor and underrated villians, the para para brothers. the 3 dudes in the red suits attacking pan, goku, and trunks by dancing and singing to a stereo beat. that was cool.

I don't remember those guys. Must have missed that episode.

personally, i liked dragon ball more than dbz for the fact it wasnt all action and it was more mellow... had comedy. [quote]

The DB MANGA was definitely better than the DBZ one, but the DB anime gets a little annoying at times. Especially with all the dubbings.

[quote]i doubt there would be a new installment. i mena there was a rumor that popped up about a dragonball af coming out, along with a pic of a super saiyan 5... but it turned out to be fan fiction. might be the same with dragonball y.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Pan never turns or did turn Super Saiyajin in GT...In any case, Dragonball AF/V is a balant rumor made by Dragonball fans to hope for no reason that the series will continue. Since GT basically sucked and was only for money, die hard fans really see no reason to continue the series.

All has been shown, all has been explained.

1. I said that Goten was the youngest super saiyan, but not the youngest regular saiyan.

2. I don't know. I mean, my contacts had been telling me about DBGT for at least a year before it came out in America, explaining things EXACTLY as they happened so far, and everyone laughed at the idea, so maybe my contacts are right again.

And, no, not all has been explained. This new series will/should delve into the mystery of the remaining androids that haven't been mentioned or explained away in the other series. Namely, 1-4 and 11. At least, that's what I am told.

Also, Toriyama and the original DB/Z art team had nothing to do with the making of GT, but supposedly, they will be coming back to do this new series because they didn't like the way GT was done or something like that. Well, the team is, at least.

Pustolio
7th September 2004, 10:19 AM
yea i hear from somewhere that akira toriyama got pretty pissed when he saw gt especially with the look of super saiyan 4.

I can assure you that new ones will be put on soon enough. I shall find out which ones at a later date.

well i dont think toonami's lineup is going to change soon but i know adult swim is going to. ghost in the shell STC and Full Alchemist are coming to CN.

I don't remember those guys. Must have missed that episode.

well i saw most of gt in the japanese version so the para para brothers might be different in the english version. their song went like:

Bom para para bom ba pa. Right leg, leg right arm / left leg, left arm. Turn and smile!

and the stereos/ strobe light thingys first appeared as vest worn on the brothers. and their dance is just too weird to explain...

Phyrus
7th September 2004, 10:55 AM
i have missed bits n' pieces of the series, but i have seen upto the episode which was i think at the end of DBZ inwhich goku flew with Uub back to his home village, and as far as ive been told, DB GT begins, but i havent seen any of it yet.

Saya
7th September 2004, 01:14 PM
yea i hear from somewhere that akira toriyama got pretty pissed when he saw gt especially with the look of super saiyan 4.

well i dont think toonami's lineup is going to change soon but i know adult swim is going to. ghost in the shell STC and Full Alchemist are coming to CN.

well i saw most of gt in the japanese version so the para para brothers might be different in the english version. their song went like:

Bom para para bom ba pa. Right leg, leg right arm / left leg, left arm. Turn and smile!

and the stereos/ strobe light thingys first appeared as vest worn on the brothers. and their dance is just too weird to explain...

I envy those who can see those animes on cartoonnetwork (not that I would never see them o.O) ..and yes the dance is funny. :p

zar-huar_omega
8th September 2004, 03:07 AM
DBZ Ruled and as for GT i cant rember where i read this but it wasnt even made by the same people that made DB and DBZ

the saboteur
8th September 2004, 03:20 AM
I watched the originals of all the DB and DBZ's, they were released in asia well b4 they hit the screens in America and cartoon network.

I stopped watching after the Buu Saga cus it got boring, Cell saga and frieza saga r definaltey the best.

Dari
8th September 2004, 07:39 PM
We can agree on that. But what I don't like is the new anime fan-boy and girls bashing Dragonball Z on its visuals. I mean c'mon dammit! The second series started in 1987 and ended in late 95. Back off dammit. They weren't using computer shit 90% of the time like Naruto or other newer animes.

the saboteur
8th September 2004, 08:03 PM
We can agree on that. But what I don't like is the new anime fan-boy and girls bashing Dragonball Z on its visuals. I mean c'mon dammit! The second series started in 1987 and ended in late 95. Back off dammit. They weren't using computer shit 90% of the time like Naruto or other newer animes.

I know what you mean!!!
The ones on cartoon network are digitally restored then translated into english so it shows how old they are. How can any1 say anything bad about the masterpiece which is DB/DBZ it is legendary and its a classic!!! U wouldn't catch any1 saying bad things about He-Man or Thundercats (I know these are cartoons and not anime) even tho they weren't visually stunning but they are classics too.

Not many ppl realise how old they are, just because they have only recently re-released DB/DBZ in Europe and US...

zar-huar_omega
9th September 2004, 02:05 AM
I know what you mean!!!
The ones on cartoon network are digitally restored then translated into english so it shows how old they are. How can any1 say anything bad about the masterpiece which is DB/DBZ it is legendary and its a classic!!! U wouldn't catch any1 saying bad things about He-Man or Thundercats (I know these are cartoons and not anime) even tho they weren't visually stunning but they are classics too.

Not many ppl realise how old they are, just because they have only recently re-released DB/DBZ in Europe and US...
And lets not forget some of the show is Censored cause the people think anime is for children which is funny cause it so isint

Marushia
9th September 2004, 02:30 AM
DBZ Ruled and as for GT i cant rember where i read this but it wasnt even made by the same people that made DB and DBZ

We've said it here a few times.

I actually like the old school DBZ better, as I've said before.

U wouldn't catch any1 saying bad things about He-Man or Thundercats

Er, actually, I hate Thundercats and I only like some parts of He-Man (like the Serpent King guy)

And, yes, they ARE animes.

And lets not forget some of the show is Censored cause the people think anime is for children which is funny cause it so isint

That's because the Japanese let their kids watch it (uncensored though). Maybe that's why Japan has such a low crime rate is because there kids get exposed to that stuff at an early age, rather than being over-protected like in the U.S.

the saboteur
9th September 2004, 12:12 PM
And, yes, they ARE animes.

Not to argue but I don't remember Thundercats or He-Man being in an animation style developed in Japan because that's what an anime is.

Anyway back to DB/Z....

Soooo what is ur favourite saga guys???

Saiyen, Namek, Capt Ginyu, Frieza, Garlic Jnr, Trunks, Androids, Cell (Imperfect, Perfect, Cell games), Great Saiyen Man, Babidi, Majin Buu, Fusion, Kid Buu...

Dunno what happens on GT, stop watching after Buu saga...

Dari
9th September 2004, 08:43 PM
Thundercats was made in Japan. You can tell, American/Western "serious cartoons" don't come close. Even GI Joe and Transformers (at least Transformers) are from Japan as well.

Marushia
10th September 2004, 06:37 PM
Thundercats was made in Japan. You can tell, American/Western "serious cartoons" don't come close. Even GI Joe and Transformers (at least Transformers) are from Japan as well.

G.I. Joe is, I believe, an "American anime" in that it's made in America, but uses the same styles, details, etc. as a typical anime. There are actually other series like this too (possibly He-Man, which was Masters of the Universe, the movie, first I think).

Korea also produces there own stuff.

Soooo what is ur favourite saga guys???

Saiyen, Namek, Capt Ginyu, Frieza, Garlic Jnr, Trunks, Androids, Cell (Imperfect, Perfect, Cell games), Great Saiyen Man, Babidi, Majin Buu, Fusion, Kid Buu...

Dunno what happens on GT, stop watching after Buu saga...

3rd Budokai / King Piccolo, Raditz, Saiyen, Namek, Garlic Jr., Androids (17 and 18), Cell (Imperfect), Majin Buu, Kid Buu, Super 17, Evil Shenron

Squidi
11th September 2004, 08:49 AM
The Cell Games.

The Cell Games: This is my favorite because Cell is my all time favorite villain. The fighting was great, and the final attack was INCREDIBLE!!!!! Gohan walks forward with one of his arms dead using a Kamehameha and his dead dad's image is behind him....... INCREDIBLE!!!!

unreal
11th September 2004, 09:18 AM
DBZ was good and classical! bUT DBGT lacks something and the episode goes on and on with no idea what the heck the story was going.. But the good thing is that there are more characters and fighting gets intense but still dbz rulez all..

Dari
11th September 2004, 10:04 AM
I think for me the absolute best and greatest portions of Dragonball Z were the Perfect Cell saga, specifically from the Android part to the Cell Games. Then the Majin Vegeta part of the show. Because we all know, the Majin Vegeta vs Son Goku fight was the best fight in the whole show! And of course the most violent and bloody/gory finale of the show, the Majin Buu saga.

Squidi
11th September 2004, 10:41 AM
Oh yeah, I forgot about the Majin Vegeta vs Goku, how could I do that? That battle rocked!!! Every moment of that battle my eyes were wide opened!!! Like when Vegeta trapped Goku to that rock, and then Goku splits chunks of rock away from the whole strycture and he punches Vegeta and the rock chunks break. That was awsome. Or when they were in the air and they both have ahold of each others hands, and then Goku knees Vegeta in the chin.

SunouNeozaki
11th September 2004, 02:12 PM
Man you guys suck. DBGT is the bomb. DbZ was ok because of SS3 Goku, BUT SS4 Goku and Vegita are both BAd ass mofukers the best fight of DBGT was SS4 Goku vs. Super 17. now that was bad ass

In the future please refrain from telling people that they suck purely on your own opinions. -FireBlade2003

Squidi
11th September 2004, 04:51 PM
First off, how do I suck if I don't like DBGT?

Anyways, DBGT is terrible. I mean SS4??? Why 4? And the stories for GT is stupid.

Marushia
11th September 2004, 05:22 PM
Well, I'll admit that SSJ4 looked cool, but it was really superflous, out of the blue, and completely in the other direction.

First of all, it doesn't even look the same as the others. Second, How is it that Goku goes from a kid to an SSJ4 adult, back to a kid? Makes no sense.

I grant you that the harnessing of the Oozaru power was rather clever, seeing as how a Saiya-jin, no matter how strong, is still always stronger as an Oozaru. However, it seemed out of place at the time.

Also, what was the deal with that wierd game land. Goku never had to go there all the other times he died, so why now?

Another thing is this: why doesn't Goku ever use his Instant Transmition to its full extent? That's all he had to do to get out of the HFIL.

These sort of things, plus others, are why GT isn't as good as Z. But it is still not a total flop.

Lemming
11th September 2004, 05:26 PM
I have never seen GT but most people I talk to say it sucks... Stuff about every character that wasent a saiyan was forgotten about and useless.. I d'ont know how the series went so long.. people just keep getting more powerfull and learning better ways to kill eachother... then whoever was killed comes back again and kills some more.

Marushia
11th September 2004, 05:33 PM
Yeah, they need to come up with some new stuff. Supposedly, in the new series the villains will be Androids 1 - 4 and a new "hero" will be introduced: Android 11. The story is that in the future, the four androids are way to powerful for the Z Fighters, so Bulla or Pan (I forget which) sends Android 11 back in time to train and grow stronger.

The series basically consists of him going back in time and fighting every single DB/Z/GT and movie villain ever. However, it won't take nearly as long. It's supposed to be hilariously one-sided for nearly all the battles in the past. Then, when he comes back, Android 11 is just the added power needed to finish off the Androids 1-4. That's about as much as I know and can tell you with out giving away too much more.

Lemming
11th September 2004, 05:55 PM
There is a new dragonball series ?? I must not have read this thread carefully enough >_<

When will it be out/Is it already out? Even though I probably wont be able to see it in Canada. :(

Squidi
11th September 2004, 09:33 PM
Yeah, Marushia, what are you talking about? I've never heard of this new series? Does it even exist or is it just rumor? Can you give me proof? All the stuff that I've heard about new series. AF, and w/e else there is, well that is all just fan rumour. It is not true.

Marushia
12th September 2004, 12:12 AM
Well, I only know what my contacts tell me and they are usually right about stuff like this. A year or two ago, people thought GT was just a rumor, but my contacts told me it wasn't and they described the series in great (and accurate) detail. Lo and behold, today GT is very real, so I'm willing to bet they'll pull through again for me. They also told me a few months ago that Cartoon Network would be changing its anime line-up which it is.

Pustolio
12th September 2004, 06:09 PM
yea, about cn theyre adding ghost in the shell and full metal alchemist.

anyway, with the rumors and predictions of the new db series i have mixed feelings. if it does come out i wouldnt know if i should check it out for it might turn out bad and butcher the db series even more. however, it would not hurt to at least see a bit of the new stuff.

we'll just have to se if marushia is right...

Squidi
12th September 2004, 07:05 PM
I doubt there will be a new series, but if you are correct, which I highly doubt. I will check it out, the plot that you mentioned seems very interesting, and I think I would enjoy watching it.

Dari
12th September 2004, 07:12 PM
There will be "no new" series or additions to Dragonball Z/GT. Aside from video games and the like. I hope people will understand that its over. Though never gone.

Mapkovich
12th September 2004, 07:23 PM
I've been a DB fan since the beginning...

Favorite Character: Vegeta - He's badass. He looks cool, has the strength, and the attitude.

Favorite Saga: Freiza, but I like the rest aswell.

Favorite Movie - Probably the Bardock one, or the Broly ones... or the Trunks one.

Least Favorite Character - Goku. Fuck Goku.

Least Favorite Saga - Either Saiyan or Androids.

Thats jsut some listed information I thought I'd add...

Marushia
12th September 2004, 10:32 PM
Dari, I heard that Toriyama was P.O.ed at the guys who made GT and wants to correct its flaws. GT wasn't even made by Toriyama and the orginal art team which is the reason for most of their differences. Supposedly, for the new installment, the original team is going to be rehired.

zar-huar_omega
12th September 2004, 10:46 PM
Well, I'll admit that SSJ4 looked cool, but it was really superflous, out of the blue, and completely in the other direction.

First of all, it doesn't even look the same as the others. Second, How is it that Goku goes from a kid to an SSJ4 adult, back to a kid? Makes no sense.

I grant you that the harnessing of the Oozaru power was rather clever, seeing as how a Saiya-jin, no matter how strong, is still always stronger as an Oozaru. However, it seemed out of place at the time.

Also, what was the deal with that wierd game land. Goku never had to go there all the other times he died, so why now?

Another thing is this: why doesn't Goku ever use his Instant Transmition to its full extent? That's all he had to do to get out of the HFIL.

These sort of things, plus others, are why GT isn't as good as Z. But it is still not a total flop.
The game land?
oh he did not die Kibito kai grabed him before the blast hit and used the instant transmission, and droped him accidnetlly into the game land which is an another dimmention

the reason why he didnt use instant transmission is because he isnt powerfull enough as a kid to use it

as for the new series i think thats just another movie and not a series

Marushia
12th September 2004, 10:50 PM
the reason why he didnt use instant transmission is because he isnt powerfull enough as a kid to use it

That's a load of bull. I mean, he can go SSJ-3 and -4, but he can't use a technique learned before he even became SSJ-2?

zar-huar_omega
12th September 2004, 11:50 PM
That's a load of bull. I mean, he can go SSJ-3 and -4, but he can't use a technique learned before he even became SSJ-2?
He was super sayin one when he learnt it, and ss3, ss4 are power ups so yes he can do that

he can use it if he powers up to ss4 otherwise he cant

Strider
13th September 2004, 03:07 AM
I LOVED Dragon Ball Z for the longest time, I taped all of the Cell saga off the TV :)

But as it got near the end I slowly stoped watcing it, I'd like to watch some of the old DB episodes but GT doesnt really take my fancy...

Fav. Character would have to be... Gohan or Krillen

wolfstrike
13th September 2004, 07:19 PM
does anyone know where i can find DBZ, or DBGT episodes on-line? cause the site i used to go to closed.

Discussion of this is not allowed. GUA does not participate in illegal downloading and so asking for where to get it is not allowed- Neko Reichiru

Pustolio
13th September 2004, 08:04 PM

well, he did use instant tranmission when he saw in ssj4. of course that drained all his super saiyan power after suing it so many times. as for the fact with kid goku couldnt do it before.... i guess its just some weird plot hole that came up with gt being made.

and as for tapes i have the dbz movies with metal cooler, the movie with brolly first appearing, the dbz movie no. 12 with janemba and gogeta, and part of movie 13 with the weird warrior with that ocarina thing and an orange mohawk. i forgot theat kids name, though. as for gt, i have pretty much all the episodes. im missing a few of the first episodes but im covered for the rest. the other one i had was history of trunks uncut, and part of the android saga.

Marushia
14th September 2004, 02:08 PM
I hate plot holes. :lookdown:

Kooler was a good villain. The movies are more realistically timed battles, I think. Lots of quick actions and a victory after only a brief fight. That's how most spars work.

In regards to the new series, my contacts tell me that the series has progressed as far as 11 vs. Bebi in Japan. I'm currently looking on-line for images. From the looks of it, it'll be a Japan only thing. :dead:

Squidi
14th September 2004, 05:55 PM
Japan only thing? That sucks ball! I wanna see the new DB thing. When you find an image PM me or put it in here. or just tell me, what is the new DB gonna be caleld? DBZ AF?

Marushia
14th September 2004, 07:05 PM
To my knowledge, DBY. And my contacts can't seem to find any decent pictures yet. Those Japanese must not want us to find out anything about this new series. I guess their upset with how we butcher animes with our craptastic dubbing.

Pustolio
14th September 2004, 07:27 PM
yea... the dragonball series are even more butchered when shown on cartoon network or toonami. they cut out so much from the orginial anime. for example, in the episdoe where metal frieza comes to earth and then there was was the scene with trunks slashing madly then immediately blasting frieza with an energy blast. (in the english version aired on CN) in the japanese version, right before trunks blasts frieza they show freizas body and and head shift in different directions... then they should the diced body parts spin in the air for a moment before they are obliterated.

and i would not blame the peoples of the rsing sun for keeping the rumored dragonball y in their country. guess america had developed a bad reputation with anime killings and dubbings. yet im sure some otaku will probably go to japan and get their hands on the the new series (if it really is coming out) and get it for thermselves or make copies and sell it to other people. im sure one way or another it will get to the us.

i just went on a google search for the phrase 'dragonball y' to my dismay but not to my surprise all i got were spanish webistes revovling around the dragonball series. i did a google image search. no luck as well...

L u )\/( a R u S
14th September 2004, 08:20 PM
[B]I used to watch DB, DBZ, and DBGT all the time. I was a big fan of it. I loved the action cartoons like that. I liked GundamWing as well. American Cartoons just suck, the japs know how to make a cartoon. lol, i was a dbz freak, im for real! I watched it every chance i got! I plan on being an animator in a few years and makeing a cartoon simular to DBZ. Except its going to have alot more hot female fighters! lol.

Darkstar_
15th September 2004, 03:04 PM
Marushia im sorry but your contacts are wrong this time. There is no Dragonball AF or whatever its called. Animerica has disproved this rumour and so has many other highly trusted magazines and online sources.

There is no more Dragonball series. Akira Toriyama pulled the license from the developers after the bomb DBGT pretty much was. He has confimed also that there is no more dragonball. So i think your wrong.

W.O.L.F.
15th September 2004, 05:56 PM
DBZ is definiltey one of the BEST action anime series of all time. The heros, villans, plot, and everything is awesome. Goku definitley classifies as a legendary action anime hero. I never miss an episode I like the show so much.

Pustolio
15th September 2004, 06:18 PM
well. personally it was a great anime for me when i was younger... and im sure for younger audiences they think it is the greatest thing ever to appear on cartoon network. yet i think it is a bit overrated at some times. sometimes the ideas they use get a bit old and cliche. such as the idea of a villain dying from a spirit bomb or a mega kamehamea attack. and i think it gets boring/old when goku always dies then comes back to life, then dies, comes back to life, then turns into a kid. hes practically immortal.

i think someof the villains were pretty well done. such as janemba (hes my favortie villain) and brolly and who could forget the lovable and most extremely cool fighter EVA! BETTER THAN GOKU! BETTER THAN VEGETA! EVEN BETTER THAN GOGETA! who is this character? VEKOU!!! the cool fat fused version of goku and vegeta who farts in janembas face a number of times.

some of the music/sfx is decent. the one noise that really confuses me is this sound made when the andriods and cell move, like a mix of metal tappin and blipping, cant describe it, but i think some people know what i mean.

Marushia
16th September 2004, 09:52 PM
Yeah, I liked some of the music. Like that wierd techno-ie music during the trucks saga (played when they put Frieza back together), the really cool music that they play often (usually when Vegita's training like they did the first time he trained in the Capsule Corp. ship), the pressed for time music (played often in the Room of Space and Time scenes and Majin Buu scenes), the uuber evil music (played a lot during the Buu saga like when Evil Buu kills those two bounty hunters), the uuber cool hero music (played right after Goku goes SSJ 3 for the first time), also the title screen music (for the earlier sagas), and of course that really cool synthesized music (the stuff they played when they showed Tom's ship and the few cut scenes as an intro during the older sagas and the later Buu sagas).

Marushia im sorry but your contacts are wrong this time. There is no Dragonball AF or whatever its called. Animerica has disproved this rumour and so has many other highly trusted magazines and online sources.

There is no more Dragonball series. Akira Toriyama pulled the license from the developers after the bomb DBGT pretty much was. He has confimed also that there is no more dragonball. So i think your wrong.

Suspended in America. He was pissed off by the America teams that continued the series and ruined the visuals and the dubbing. That's what he's pissed about.

Pustolio
17th September 2004, 10:29 AM
some of the music is okay with me. i am not really familliar with the songs marushia is talking about... but i sort of like the technoie theme song of cell. it was catchy at first, but now i dont like it as much. then in dragonball gt, there was this one music where it is plaed during some kind of chase scene. it was a childish sounding song, and it was played many times during the japanese version (have not seen much of the english version) but there is one song that will top them all! the song sung by the para para brothers. there was a good drum beat in it, some jazzy stuff, plus the strobe lights. oh yea!

zar-huar_omega
17th September 2004, 11:22 PM
I like the music in the last few eposides of DBZ (the indro song) of the american version (im not sure if its on the japanese version) i like it is very cool

FireBlade2003
18th September 2004, 04:03 PM
I highly doubt the japanese version would have the english intro. Mainly because DBZ was released in America 5000000000000000000 years after it was in japan :icon_lol:

Marushia
18th September 2004, 05:45 PM
Hehehe, yeah they have different intros, closings, voice actors, even the background music and sometimes the animations are different. We should all learn japanese, that way, we don't have to put up with american dubbing.

Pustolio
18th September 2004, 11:10 PM
CURSES!!!!!! my school teaches japanese yet for the second year runnig it did not fit in my school schedule. <SOB!!!!> anyway back to the topic... yes, i think anime otaku would be much better off if all animes that were released in america will not be tainted by the evils of american subbing/dubbing. it should be left as it is, to be seen exactly how it was made to be seen.

an example on how america has changed the diaogle/sound stuff. everyone knows how fat buu in the english version talks. he talks in a really squeky and high-pitched voice, sort of like a child (in both the dbz and the dbgt version). yet in the dbgt version (i dont know about the dbz version since i have not seen the buu saga in the japanese version) fat buu speech is incredibly different. he actually sounds normal. just a thought...

HookerBodyShots
24th September 2004, 06:56 PM
I checked through here and found that there was no DB/Z/GT threads. So here it is!

I would like to note that I believe that DBZ is extremely overdone. It is also overrated by a lot of people... In fact, I have moved on in my anime/manga progression and found far better shows/comics to read... But I think that some of it is actually some pretty interesting concepts.

-A unique drawing style

If you try to draw any of their characters in the traditional method of Japanese cartoons, you will find that they are quite different... Especially with their heads and such.

-An interesting theory on what energy (ki) is

The theory behind energy is this: It comes from within and it has to do with three connections; heart, mind, and body. The more in tune that the three are, the easier it is to be extremely powerful. The ability to draw out this power and inforce your body with it naturally (and without really thinking about it, for the most part) is a cool idea... Not all that original, but the way they do it is interesting.

-The massive popularity it commands/commanded

Yeah, we all threw our CDs and yelled "Distructo disk!" when we were into it. We all wished that we could turn SSJ. ...And I am willing to bet that at least half of you who claim that you hate it actually think it is pretty cool. The show is basically the best thing to watch to vent agression and the angst that we feel as youngin's.

-Witty, to an extent

I know... Many animes are exceptionally funnier and more witty than this one... But I just LOVE the names of stuff in here. The Garlic Gun (Gallic Gun). Vegeta = Vegetable. Kakarot = Carrot. Piccolo = Pickle. Kamehameha = The Turtle Shot (which I think is a hillarious thing to scream). Et cetera. There are so many things that most english speakers will not get... But it is truly funny once you find them all.

So come on! Let's nerd this thread up! Even if you know of much better shows or hate it now, come on in and let's get nostalgic!

Neko Reichiru
24th September 2004, 07:40 PM
Actually, there are. Threads merged

HookerBodyShots
24th September 2004, 08:13 PM
Well... Shit.

But it needed to be revived, I guess. And I like my thread name better. Change it to "Kamehameha, bitches!"

Suspended in America. He was pissed off by the America teams that continued the series and ruined the visuals and the dubbing. That's what he's pissed about.

For real? I knew he was already furious over GT and the stupid SSJ4 shit that was pulled... But if that is true, then almost all American dubs should have their creators up in arms. (Except for perhaps Yu Yu Hakusho. That one is done pretty well... So are many of the movies.)

Squidi
24th September 2004, 08:24 PM
Freeza=Freezer, Cooler=hmmm..... Cooler?

Kamehameha = The Turtle Shot . Seriously? That's what Kamehameha means? How embarrasing that owuld be to yell that at the top of your lungs? THE TURTLE SHOT!!!!!!!!!!111

SSJ4, wtf is up with that? I mean 4? That doesn't seem right. 3 or 5 seems better to me, cuz those are odd numbers.

Has anyone ever heard of that phrase: Bibidi Babidi Buu?

Pustolio
24th September 2004, 09:16 PM
the word kamehameha is the name of a hawaiin king.

the names 'babidi badibi buu' are from a song the fairy godmother sings from the animated cinderalla movie.

all of bulmas family named after undergarments. kinda strange.

i thought kamehameha meant like turtle destruction wave or something like that.

with ssj4 i was really surprised to first see it. didnt even know it was goku.

freeza's family was weird names. freeza (freezer) cooler (coola) and king cold. kinda lacking in the creativoty department.

doesnt the ginyu in ginyu force mean milk? so that would mean that they are the milk force? really weird names.

HFIL- home for infinite losers. americas cruddy way of censoring the word hell.
Hercule- america's name to cover up the real name mr. satan.

HookerBodyShots
26th September 2004, 09:10 AM
the word kamehameha is the name of a hawaiin king.

Kamehameha has two meanings... One in the Hawaiin language and one in Japanese. In Japanese, it means "The Turtle Shot." In Hawaiin, I believe it is along the lines of "Great Wave." But you are correct, it was also the name of a Hawaiin King.

Know what really bothers me? When people go off and say shit like, "OMFGZORZ! SSJ7 TOTALLY EXISTZ!" and it is some lame picture of SSJ4, except the fur is now made silver. I am sorry, but if you are dumb enough to believe such bullshit, then I have to wonder how you can walk about.

Marushia
26th September 2004, 08:43 PM
-An interesting theory on what energy (ki) is

The theory behind energy is this: It comes from within and it has to do with three connections; heart, mind, and body. The more in tune that the three are, the easier it is to be extremely powerful. The ability to draw out this power and inforce your body with it naturally (and without really thinking about it, for the most part) is a cool idea... Not all that original, but the way they do it is interesting.

Actually, if you ever read up on the old Shoalin styles of martial arts, you'll find that a bunch of the concepts are actually very realistic. For instance, when Gohan teaches Videl how to fly and is explaining all about energy and stuff, that is almost EXACTLY how flight works. I mean, think about it: helicopters, harriers, they all fly using the process described by Gohan there.

Know what really bothers me? When people go off and say shit like, "OMFGZORZ! SSJ7 TOTALLY EXISTZ!" and it is some lame picture of SSJ4, except the fur is now made silver. I am sorry, but if you are dumb enough to believe such bullshit, then I have to wonder how you can walk about.

Okay, these are the SSJ forms:

Normal Saiya-Jin - Black hair (usually).

SSJ1 - Gold hair, spiked up, normal length, teal eyes.
Goku, Gohan, Goten, Vegita, Trunks, etc. all go SSJ1.

SSJ2 - Slightly longer spiked golden hair, teal eyes. Increased strength, decreased speed.
Goku, Vegita, Trunks, Vegito, and Gohan all go SSJ2.

SSJ2 Ultimate - Same as SSJ2, except speed is not sacrificed.
Brolly (and I believe Gohan) go SSJ2 Ultimate. This is the supposed Legendary SSJ that Vegita talks about.

SSJ3 - Really long golden spikey hair that is so heavy, it hangs down, teal eyes, no eyebrows. Can only be kept for a short period of time.
Goku and Gotenks go SSJ3.

SSJ4 - Red fur, tail, black hair. After controling oneself in Golden Oozaru form.
Goku, Vegita, Gogita go SSJ4.

Also, a couple things baffles me.

1. Why can't Pan go SSJ?
2. If you cut a Saiya-Jin's tail, can they still go SSJ4 if they've ascended to it previously?

Pustolio
26th September 2004, 08:56 PM
Okay, these are the SSJ forms:

SSJ2 - Slightly longer spiked golden hair, teal eyes. Increased strength, decreased speed.

Brolly (and I believe Gohan) go SSJ2 Ultimate. This is the supposed Legendary SSJ that Vegita talks about.

SSJ3 - Really long golden spikey hair that is so heavy, it hangs down, teal eyes, no eyebrows. Can only be kept for a short period of time.

SSJ4 - Red fur, tail, black hair. After controling oneself in Golden Oozaru form.

i guess oozaro would count as a sayaijin form. in oozaru form the power of a saiyan is increased by 10x.

Oozaru: Saiyan ability, tail required, turns into a big ape with increased strength and power, triggered by blue wave enrgy given off by the moon (and according the japanese dbgt, the earth as well.)
Goku, Gohan, Vegita, saiyans from the Bardock movie (think there are more)
Golden Oozaru: (not sure clear about this stage, plz correct if i meess up the facts) a sort of supersaiyan oozaru form. tail required. fur appears as gold.

i have always thought as marushia's description of supersaiyan2 was called USSJ or ultra supersaiyan. that is when the supersaiyans charge up and muscle mass increased dramatically (like when trunks charged up while fighting cell stage 2) and the supersaiyan stage gohan achieved was just called supersaiyan2. i read somewhere about a mystic supersaiyan 2 but i think it is just fan fiction. ill have to find that magazine later.

added ssj4 qualities: hair more of maroon (but really the pigment does not matter)color of tail changes as well, eyes appear gold.

1. Why can't Pan go SSJ?

i guess saiyan woem are not able to to turn ssj, but it is possible for them to achieve oozaru. (one of the members in bardock's force turned into one in a flashback)

HookerBodyShots
27th September 2004, 09:03 AM

Okay, no. This is how it goes. (I promise you this is how it goes. If you bitch and moan at me, then I'll just give you the websites.)

Normal saiyan. They have black hair and are normal power.

Seseku (I dunno what the word is, but it is something like that) Saiyan. This is what a saiyan is after getting beaten up really badly and recovering. Their power is GREATLY increased from what it was before. All Saiyans have this, making it so that they have no cap to how powerful they can get.

Super Saiyan (in a weird form). In the Lord Slug movie, Goku is not powerful enough for SSJ yet... But he reaches the anger and so on that he needs. He goes freaking nuts and is, I'd say, about 20x or so.

SSJ 1. Yellow hair, I'd say about 25x - 30x power and speed. (Why? Because in the manga, when Goku fought Freeza, he used kaio ken times 20 with a kamehameha and it nearly killed Freeza at 50% power.) Everyone knows what it is.

USSJ. There are two forms of it... One is the one that Vegeta reached which is only half way. It really increases power and only slows speed a wee bit. Then there is full USSJ which Trunks and Goku do (manga in the ROSAT). It increases power a lot and really lowers speed.

Legendary SSJ. Only Brolly can do it. It GREATLY increases power without lowering speed. In fact, I think it might even increase it.

SSJ2. Gohan was the first to reach it... But Goku and Vegeta soon did it after. Gogeta did it in a movie. Gotenks did it as well. It is basically the same as SSJ, but after you are already in it. So basically, it is 50x - 60x normal.

SSJ3. Goku and Gotenks go it in normal. Vegeta goes SSJ3 when in oozaru form (right before he turns SSJ4)... But he doesn't do it at any other time. I think of it between 75x and 90x normal.

SSJ4. Between 100x and 120x. Fucking stupid.

Oozaru. 10x. Giant monkey.

Golden Oozaru 1. Between 35x and 40x. Big golden monkey.

Golden Oozaru 2. Between 60 - 70x. Big golden monkey with messed up hair.

Golden Oozaru 3. Between 85x and 100x. Big golden monkey with a big swirly curl for hair on top. It is really long. I think that is the form that Bebi Vegeta goes. Not sure.

DraagSD
27th September 2004, 03:28 PM
Ok i believe DBGT is good but only because of the fact that they go SSJ4 thas about it and after the shenron sieries the super android 17 series i like but about that pan thing Pan can go super saiyan but the only thing is they don't show it in the show in one of the movies they show goten and gohan training Pan and she nearly kicks thier asses i believe it's movie 15 or 16 i'm not too sure on that one but i'm close.

zar-huar_omega
27th September 2004, 07:12 PM
Actually, traditionally Girls cannot go to super saiyan, only the male saiyan can so no this is incorrecect Pan can not go super saiyan

HookerBodyShots
27th September 2004, 07:18 PM
Ok i believe DBGT is good but only because of the fact that they go SSJ4 thas about it and after the shenron sieries the super android 17 series i like but about that pan thing Pan can go super saiyan but the only thing is they don't show it in the show in one of the movies they show goten and gohan training Pan and she nearly kicks thier asses i believe it's movie 15 or 16 i'm not too sure on that one but i'm close.

...AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!

Actually, traditionally Girls cannot go to super saiyan, only the male saiyan can so no this is incorrecect Pan can not go super saiyan

A friend of mine made a pretty good fanfic with a great hypothesis on this. He believes that to go SSJ requires a lot of lipids and proteins and such... As well as a high level of testosterone. Pan probably had the ABILITY to go SSJ... But lacking the Y chromosome and the lack of a fully developed penis made it so that she just passed out from exertion whenever she could do it.

Marushia
29th September 2004, 05:48 AM
Hmm, I think that's probably accurate about the whole male thing.

Super Saiyan (in a weird form). In the Lord Slug movie, Goku is not powerful enough for SSJ yet... But he reaches the anger and so on that he needs. He goes freaking nuts and is, I'd say, about 20x or so.

I remember seeing that. It was wierd to me in that it didn't seem to fit into the context of the story. I believe that was more of a form of the Keio Ken technique.

Also, you forgot the form where Gohan far excedes his normal SSJ1 powers, but does not transform (when he's fighting Buu after training at Supreme Kai's planet with the Z sword). It's wierd because, when Supreme Kai was talking to him, he said to go SSJ, so Gohan powered up, but his hair and eyes remained black.

HookerBodyShots
29th September 2004, 03:20 PM
I remember seeing that. It was wierd to me in that it didn't seem to fit into the context of the story. I believe that was more of a form of the Keio Ken technique.

Nope. That's not kaio-ken. He merely powers up and there is no red, which kaio ken always has. It is gold.

Also, you forgot the form where Gohan far excedes his normal SSJ1 powers, but does not transform (when he's fighting Buu after training at Supreme Kai's planet with the Z sword). It's wierd because, when Supreme Kai was talking to him, he said to go SSJ, so Gohan powered up, but his hair and eyes remained black.

See, I'm not really sure what that is. To me, I think it is that by the huge increase given to him, the ability of SSJ was taken away. Instead, he merely powers up to levels higher than SSJ, yet he still remains in first form. He regains the ability later in a movie and in GT because he trains (or something like that).

Marushia
1st October 2004, 10:54 AM
In GT, he goes SSJ1, but perhaps that's due to the fact that he is outputting so much power when he fights with Bebi.

Nope. That's not kaio-ken. He merely powers up and there is no red, which kaio ken always has. It is gold.

Well, whatever it was, I remember that it was really wierd and out of context. That's the problem with most of the movies is that it's hard to determine where they fit, if at all, in the storyline, since they weren't made by Akira Toriyama. Of the ones I've seen, I think the Kooler movies and the Trunks movie seem to fit the timeline best.

EDIT - I found this site. (http://www.pojo.com/dragonball/index.shtml) It has a lot of stuff about Dragonball that is helpful.

HookerBodyShots
1st October 2004, 06:29 PM
Well, whatever it was, I remember that it was really wierd and out of context. That's the problem with most of the movies is that it's hard to determine where they fit, if at all, in the storyline, since they weren't made by Akira Toriyama. Of the ones I've seen, I think the Kooler movies and the Trunks movie seem to fit the timeline best.

http://www.blackgoku.com/main.php?page=dbz/dbz_racetransformations

It's called Giji SSJ.

Burning Attack: Future Trunks' trademark ki attack, this is a powerful energy blast shot from both hands. Trunks holds both hands forward, does some strange arm moves, and then puts both hands forward again, index fingers and thumbs touching. Then he releases
the blast.

I just remembered this attack. It looks a lot like the moves that they do in Naruto, doesn't it?

Marushia
1st October 2004, 10:05 PM
Hmm, okay, but that still doesn't clear up some of the other things. (I think Goku does something like this when performing the Super Keio Ken against Pikkon)

HookerBodyShots
2nd October 2004, 06:35 PM
No... See, as far as I can tell, the super kaio ken is the upgraded form of kaio ken... A lot of moves in the DB series are upgraded to "super" forms. The kamerhameha, the dodon ray, the gallic gun, et cetera.

Also, Goku can only do that because he is dead. Otherwise, going SSJ and performing the kaio ken would just be too much for his body to handle... Not energy wise, by stress wise.

Marushia
10th October 2004, 12:10 AM
Which brings up another point. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the following true:

If someone in DBZ dies, they (if they're good) go to their respective Kai's Planet. If they then die again, they are simply demoted to the HFIL, where they are immortal and can't die again.

HookerBodyShots
10th October 2004, 07:17 PM
Nope. If a person dies and they are powerful enough and/or good/bad enough, they go to the spirit world... A.K.A. King Yema's place. From there, he either sends them off into the spirit world (for the majority of normal spirits), or to Hell (for bad people), or they can make a special request. They can ask to go to a Kai's planet or to some other area.

Pustolio
10th October 2004, 07:37 PM
also, good people have the right to keep their originial bodies, instead of the blue falmy forms most of the spirits have. is this correct?

Marushia
11th October 2004, 10:57 AM
But that didn't answer my question (I knew all that, I was just summarizing to get to the point; it's the same thing in Yu Yu Hakusho): Are the people who get to keep their bodies in the HFIL immortal?

MasterHiei
11th October 2004, 11:07 AM
See, I'm not really sure what that is. To me, I think it is that by the huge increase given to him, the ability of SSJ was taken away. Instead, he merely powers up to levels higher than SSJ, yet he still remains in first form. He regains the ability later in a movie and in GT because he trains (or something like that).

Well some the kids I used to know refered to Gohan (while in that state) as Mystic Gohan. Also I used to play this online DBZ RPG and there was a form of Sayin (for half-sayins only) called Super Sayin Mystic (or something like that.

Marushia
12th October 2004, 11:41 AM
So that also means that Trunks and Goten have this ability as well?

I don't think Pan and Bra/Bulla have it cause they're 1/4 Saiyan and then there's the whole male attribute thing.

Interesting how neither Goku nor Vegita had girls for most of the series. Then, Vegita and Bulma had a daughter, Bra/Bulla, and Gohan and Videl had Pan. Seems females are really not all that important in Saiyan society.

Logan Battleaxe
12th October 2004, 03:06 PM
I've watched DBZ forever! I've always loved it. I didnt see any of you mention Picollo. He was my fav. Dark and mysterious but he was always such a good guy. Even when he didnt want to admit it in the begining. I always love those gray heros like Wolverine from the X-Men and the Punsher. But anywho DBGT hasnt been all that great but its ok. DB was good I guess but DBZ's fight scenes were alot better. Even if they were dragged out forever and a day.

SniperLegolas
12th October 2004, 05:29 PM
I hated DBZ, like in the Freiza Saga... I think it was just a big competition on who could scream the longest.
FREIZA: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!! (3 episodes) Take that Goku)
GOKU: "Ok ill try, *thinks about all the dead friends* AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!(5 episodes of remorse) AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAGH!!!(3 episodes of being angry) AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH(2 episodes for the spirit bomb) AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAGH(3 episodes for the SSJ) AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH (1 episode where he killed freiza per say)"

Yay!! goku wins!

MasterHiei
12th October 2004, 05:59 PM
So that also means that Trunks and Goten have this ability as well?

Well the RPG didn't follow the show exactly. Even if it was only Gohan who could use this ability, It would still be available to half-saiyins because in the game you didnít play as a DBZ char, you play as your own char, only with a DBZ Race. Since Gohan has the ability to go Mystic Saiyin and he is a half-saiyan, they just gave the abilities to all half saiyans. (BTW they have it as the equivalent to SSJ4. For your future reference) An example of this is that SSJ2 powered up form than Gohan has when he fights Cell. Though Gohan is the only one to have it, it is availible to all half-saiyans. (And I think this is most likely the case for Mystic Sayin as well.)

Sniper: 1.1 episodes for Super Saiyan, get your facts straight.

Marushia
12th October 2004, 06:13 PM
Hey, how come Bra/Bulla never fights? I mean, she's a 1/4 Saiyan like Pan. Or is it, I think she may be half-saiya-jin.

Hey, do you guys refer to her as Bulla or Bra?

zar-huar_omega
13th October 2004, 06:58 PM
Bra considering its her original name (As we know all of bulmas family is named after under wear)

shes not a fighter thats why she takes after more from her mother, then vegita

HookerBodyShots
13th October 2004, 07:24 PM
Hey, how come Bra/Bulla never fights? I mean, she's a 1/4 Saiyan like Pan. Or is it, I think she may be half-saiya-jin.

Hey, do you guys refer to her as Bulla or Bra?

Yar. Both Bra and Malon (Krillin's daughter) do not fight. They go for the scientist/shopping freak road.

MasterHiei
13th October 2004, 08:26 PM

Actually I think she is 2/3 Saiyan. Gohan is 1/2 and 1/2 and Videl is full human. Thats is 1 1/2 human compared 1/2 Saiyan. Divide it and you get .3 or 30% which I believe is the percentage of Saiyan she is.... actually 30% is 3/10... lol So maybe she is 3/10 Saiyan and 7/10 Human......

Logan Battleaxe
14th October 2004, 03:34 PM
No one loves Piccolo... Jeez just goes to show you that people a racist. We all love sayains and some of the humans but when it comes to Nameks there is no love. Namekians have feelings too! When you cut them they bleed! Even if its a different colour. Lets see some Namekian love.

FireBlade2003
14th October 2004, 04:39 PM
Piccolo was Gohan's second dad XD

I liked him though, he had a really good intro when he fought Goku for the first time, that's one of my favourite battles.

A bit of spoiler ahead if you haven't watched the original DragonBall.

In any case he's the strongest Namek there is and rightfully so. Even though his father was hell bent on world domination he's a good character. His change from evil to good was the best unlike Yum Cha, Tian, or Vegeta. (They were all considered the enemy at one point) I like how having a sudden child changes him, although later on in the series he just becomes another flat character.

NuramII
14th October 2004, 07:07 PM
I loved the Freeza Series, i wished they did more stuff like that, maybe because like no one could go super saiy-jin and being anything above that was like impossible. Actually the cell series was good because they showed Gohan as a true warrior.

Piccolo kicked ass in the beginning. In the saiy-jin series he was like eath's best chance to win. Piccolo's fights in the beginning were usually really cool. Like when he fused with Nail and faught Freeza and when he faught the Ginyu Squad, and when he used with...the older namek (forgot his name) then faught Cell Phase 1 or 2.

I would rather see DBZ maybe add cooler round characters that could maybe go to about the level of super saiy-jin 1 or 2 and keep them there, than Goku being able to go to saiy-jin 4 and be uber strong.

Whatever happened to the "Wolf Fang Fist" i loved that move. Did you ever notice that Dragonball has a lot of more orginal attacks than DBZ, which sticks to using energy?

I wish they also could made it so people could fuse and not strickly limit it to hieght and strength. Like Piccolo fused with Buu for 30 minutes, that would be one strong guy.

HookerBodyShots
14th October 2004, 08:02 PM
No one loves Piccolo... Jeez just goes to show you that people a racist. We all love sayains and some of the humans but when it comes to Nameks there is no love. Namekians have feelings too! When you cut them they bleed! Even if its a different colour. Lets see some Namekian love.

I disagree. I hated the fact that the saiyans did all the work in the later series. Piccolo was the shit, man... At least until the Buu saga started.

I loved how he would DOMINATE with his skills and stuff... Some of the best fights in DBZ were with him: 1st stage cell vs Piccolo. Android 17 vs Piccolo. Frieza vs Piccolo. That was fucking awesome... And even what he did against Perfect Cell was amazing. What a great character.

No, the Frieza saga sucked, to a certain extent. The final stages of it could have been cut in forths. The fight between Goku and Frieza was fucking stupid... He claims that there is only 5 minutes left to go and then it takes 8 episodes. I mean, come on!

...But it is not as bad as that damn Garlic Jr. saga... What a waste.

Marushia
15th October 2004, 05:40 AM
My favorite saga was the Saiya-jin Saga. Then the Frieza/Namek/Ginyu/Raditz Sagas.

THe old school DBZ kicked ass.

Pustolio
15th October 2004, 12:31 PM
the garlic jr. saga seemed to be too weird and strange. in the english version, his minions were called the spice boys. now, who the hell makes up these ideas? it is ludicrous. their names were like vinegar (he was the leader i think, with the strange accent, and he had white hair or something like that. havent seen it for like 2 years so i dont remember it all.) im not sure what the other peoples name were: maybe salt, pepper, or mustard or something stranger...

i liked icarus though. he was somewhat cool. i wonder what happened to him in the later sagas... i guess he died in gt when the earth exploded, or in dbz when buu killed everyone.

i like piccolo. he was cool, especially before in db when he is determined to kill goku then ends up a hero. sounds sort of like vegeta, except hes more eviler. i loved his turban cloak outfit, and he looked freaky/awesome when he was bitten in the garlic jr. saga, and he was all crazy eyes and pyschotic. and it is a shame that piccolo is said. what is even worst that he is comdemned to eternity to hell, beacuase he trashed heaven. but of course, he is repsonsible for saving the people of earth from a fiery doom by letting goku escape from the underworld.

NuramII
15th October 2004, 01:33 PM
I wish the Kais faught more, i bet they have some kickass techniques.

I have a question. In the buu saga at the end when they were wishing back all the good people that died, why didn't dabura, or whatever the devil guy was, come back to life? He must have been considered good, because he was in heaven with videl and chi-chi i think looking for Gohan.

Yeah, piccolo looks cool. He had a different style from the rest. Most of them wore red and the sign of their trainer. When did Piccolo becoem so much like the rest in personality.

I hate Krillen with hair, it messed up his look so badly.

Marushia
15th October 2004, 07:59 PM
I have a question. In the buu saga at the end when they were wishing back all the good people that died, why didn't dabura, or whatever the devil guy was, coem back to life? He must have been considered good, because he was in heaven with videl and chi-chi i think looking for Gohan.

Hmm, good question. Although, I don't think he earned it the same way Vegita did, so that's probably why.

Tashota
16th October 2004, 05:49 PM
i didnt like any of the dragon ball/z/gt series that much i liked some of the movies but the shows were kinda lame ive seen em al and yeah ... the movies were way better than the shows the shows it takes them like 5 episodes to start a fight usually its just talking if they would of made it into a soap operah noone would tell the difference. :dead:

Marushia
17th October 2004, 11:30 AM
Well, not all of the talking is bad. Background information is important, otherwise it's just like, "Okay, they're fighting this guy. So who is he and why are they fighting him, exactly?"

See? Also, there was also be a sort of set-up whereby the charcters develop a reason for fighting each other, like Frieza killing all those people, thus enraging Goku. So, not all of the talking is bad. What's bad is when they drag out the action, unnecessarily. I mean, c'mon, if they're really that strong, then how many beatings can one person take? That's the only complaint I have, aside from them pulling moves out of their asses without properly explaining where they come from.

Pustolio
17th October 2004, 09:14 PM
i agree that the talking is necessary, and that the information is quite crucial for people who have not seen the anime before (or are new to anime or just randomly flippin throug channels) some of the dialoguejust provides some comedy/humor (AKA: master roshi and vekuo!!!!!) to lighten up the mood of the mostly action packed anime. it cant be serious all the time, can it?

my peeves with the series are these: one, the same as marushia's where they last for an incredibly long time and still survive when they should be dead. two, how in some instances goku fights for the longest time and someone like vegeta pops in and gets the sh-t kicked off him in like 3 hits. (referring to brolly movie.) i also hate the fact how one could scream for that long while charging up. there voice boxes should have burst open long ago. sometimes i dont like how they draw out fights (since i see clips where the same combos of moves are used except they was rotated/transformed in somw way to make up for lost minutes in editing . (goku vs. frieza)

Marushia
18th October 2004, 04:41 PM
Actually, I don't mind the screaming all that much, nor the repeated moves. It's actually a smart time saving technique (artwise, anyways).

Another thing that I don't like, however, is the fact that they just stand there thinking about what to do and go "Oh, God help me" and then they go "Hey, wait I just remembered we had (Insert secret device or information) the whole time that we didn't bother to tell you about until now."

Pustolio
19th October 2004, 12:29 PM
well, i guess some of the screaming i can handle with, but when it is extremely extremely dragged out (as in yelling for like ten minutes or something) that is when i get sort of pissed.

although another thing that bothers me, is that with battles how come goku doesnt kill them straight away. i mean sure, the fights are long to show some new technique or some new move or something like that. but really, goku could just kill his enemies by doing a genki dama (spirit bomb) in the first place. but... it is dbz, and its always has long battles to make the whole climatic and appealing.

zar-huar_omega
19th October 2004, 06:28 PM
Goku only kills his ennemies if he has to, he is a kind hearted sayin so if they dont change he kills them

david_bb_rocks
22nd October 2004, 08:15 PM
hey cool peeps that wach db dbz i dont realy like the fact that funianamation did it tho

Toxic The Hedgehog
3rd November 2004, 10:51 AM
I totally agree with everyone who say that GT sucks quatraboard style. Dragonball owns, and Dragonball Z is as good as its predecessor.

Advent
4th November 2004, 04:00 PM
Dragonball Z is a terrible series. I sat through one episode of seeing a short japanese man with a monkeytail have a huge ball growing above him that gets bigger and bigger. And this filling all 30 minutes of the show. That's like watching a flashloop for 30 fucking minutes.

Why is everyone giving in to this media hype? If anything, this show should be replaced with educational shows such as the Simpsons or Futurama.

Burice
5th November 2004, 05:50 PM
Sorry that your thread got closed Mars05.

Pustolio
5th November 2004, 10:27 PM
you know what i just noticed? how vegeta has changed so much over the years. when he was first appeared he was short dude, punylooking compared to nappa. voice was really different and i thought he was bad ass. he was great in the saiyan saga, cuz, he would do stuff like galick gun and the orb thingy turning him into oozaru. that was awesome. in gt, he was quite different... too different. he grew a mustache! WTF!?!?!?! A MUSTACHE!!?!?! that is so crazy. his hairstyle changed too, somewhat shorter. personally i do not like the gt vegeta. old school saiyan saga all the way.

Advent
6th November 2004, 08:34 AM
You know, seriously what the hell is up with this Goku character? Look at him, he's a freaking sausage with a monkey tail:

http://www.absoluteanime.com/dragon_ball/goku.jpg

He looks like he ate the Farm Fresh guy for fucks sake.. Not to mention all the groceries. And here (http://www.phantomcastle.it/phantom/dragonball_file/Pagina2/Goku%20super%20sayan%20livello3.jpg), he's a freaking porcupine and lost his tail.

Also, can someone explain what a "SUPAHR SAYEN" is? I really have to say that this show should be pulled off the air, simply on the reason that some kids are trying to act out everything they see -- "http://anime.about.com/cs/dragonballz/ht/aa081003.htm" How to become a Super Saiyan?

* Mars05 shakes head.

Marushia
10th November 2004, 06:25 PM
you know what i just noticed? how vegeta has changed so much over the years. when he was first appeared he was short dude, punylooking compared to nappa. voice was really different and i thought he was bad ass. he was great in the saiyan saga, cuz, he would do stuff like galick gun and the orb thingy turning him into oozaru. that was awesome. in gt, he was quite different... too different. he grew a mustache! WTF!?!?!?! A MUSTACHE!!?!?! that is so crazy. his hairstyle changed too, somewhat shorter. personally i do not like the gt vegeta. old school saiyan saga all the way.

The Saiya-jin Saga was my favorite. I liked Vegita back then, at least more than I do now.

He's also my best character in the Budokai games. Just 3 Galick Guns + Virus + Vaccine and he's unstoppable. ;)

Pustolio
10th November 2004, 06:44 PM
no offense, but even i though i took the time to play the budokai games, i just dont seem to have a knack or an affinity for the game. i mean, what it boils down to, (whenever i play with others) is who can unleashed the mega ultimate killer attacks the fastest or the first one to do it.

but i do enjoy the saiyan-jin saga. vegita seemed to be more insane back then... and it was when the cool dbz heroes were there. chaiotzu, tien, and YAJIROBE!!! WO HOOO!!! <if you notice, when the supreme kai and kibito first appeared in the tournamnet... their appearance with kai being a scrawy, small, and seemingly weaker fighter (vegita) and kibiyo being larger and more superior of a fighter. (nappa)

and budokai has been announced to being made. dbgt characters are obvious, i wonder if there is going to be dragonball characters as well.

lord_Tetsuo
11th November 2004, 11:56 AM
Who likes dbz still? The best series was dragonball . isnt it getting a bit too stupid? its always bad guy kills someone and someone else is pist and gets superpowerful or combines with someone and kills the "evil" dude. Watch something better you idiots. like cowboy bebop or anyhting thats better than dbz.!

Only the game is good. budokai 3. everything else sucks. even the dbz creators comic, sandland, is better than dbz.

Pprofex
11th November 2004, 02:56 PM
I think that the creators kinda went a bit too far after Freeza, the series was really great, but I think they are going too far with it. Super Saiyan was supposed to be all powerful but other creatures appeared with more power. I just watched a couple of the movies and I was getting angry because Goku kept getting beaten to hell until the end. And if they are truly fighting with so much power as is claimed there shouldn't even be planets for them to fight on. At SS1 Goku could destroy a planet and it has gone as far as 4. And they are always getting thrown through rock walls and seem to get injured by it, that really gets on my nerves, they've been doing the same thing for so long that you'd think that they would hardly notice it after they have gotten so strong.

Burice
12th November 2004, 07:18 AM
DBZ is kind of getting old. But you got to admit they did a really good job with the classics. Oh and what's up with Broly. I mean every time he comes back. He's a lot stronger then Goku when he's 3x stronger then he is?

Marushia
13th November 2004, 03:24 PM
but i do enjoy the saiyan-jin saga. vegita seemed to be more insane back then... and it was when the cool dbz heroes were there. chaiotzu, tien, and YAJIROBE!!! WO HOOO!!!

Well, pretty much after that saga, they aren't of much use anymore. I mean, Tien and Yamcha put up somewhat of a fight in the android/cell saga and Tien does manage to hurt Buu, but they're pretty much blown away by the competition.

<if you notice, when the supreme kai and kibito first appeared in the tournamnet... their appearance with kai being a scrawy, small, and seemingly weaker fighter (vegita) and kibiyo being larger and more superior of a fighter. (nappa)

Wow, I never thought about that. You're right, but in the end, they're all weaker when compared to Goku. I'm not saying that because Goku's my favorite or anything, it's just how it turns out. Supreme Kai actually pales in comparisson to the Z fighters at that point.

Who likes dbz still? The best series was dragonball. isnt it getting a bit too stupid? its always bad guy kills someone and someone else is pist and gets superpowerful or combines with someone and kills the "evil" dude. Watch something better you idiots. like cowboy bebop or anyhting thats better than dbz.!

Well, I liked everything up to the end of the Frieza Saga and, while I always have my complaints about it, I don't think the rest of the sagas were terrible. I mean, sure they could have been better, but you still watched them to the end. Didn't you? I think a lot of it had to do with the fact that the creator was under a lot of time constraints and couldn't churn out brilliancy as fast as he would have liked. Hey, these things happen. But all in all, I wouldn't make the accusations you are making. It's not that bad.

Only the game is good. budokai 3. everything else sucks. even the dbz creators comic, sandland, is better than dbz.

Personally, I think Sandland was pretty bad. Akira Toriyama did much better with the Dragonball series, IMO (and I mean that as DB/Z, not just DB). I've only played the first Budokai and I think that was pretty good. What they really need to do is combine Budokai with Legend of Goku to make a full length adventure/RPG. Actually, that's pretty much the way they should make most animes into games, IMO. They'd be sort of like Donkey Kong 64 with the hole tag team system.

Pustolio
15th November 2004, 01:54 PM
Well, pretty much after that saga, they aren't of much use anymore. I mean, Tien and Yamcha put up somewhat of a fight in the android/cell saga and Tien does manage to hurt Buu, but they're pretty much blown away by the competition.

yea, it is a real shame to see all those characters lost in importance. personally, even though the saiyans are like the most powerful race in the db world, i still think they are a bit overpowered. and whatever happened to those other people? what ever happened to yamcha and tien and chiaotzu, and icarus and mr. popo? they were such great characters.

Wow, I never thought about that. You're right, but in the end, they're all weaker when compared to Goku. I'm not saying that because Goku's my favorite or anything, it's just how it turns out. Supreme Kai actually pales in comparisson to the Z fighters at that point.

yes, Supreme Kai's reaction to the saiyan's strength and easy work against babidi's minions were quite laughable. i think they were under the impression that the z fighters were all human or something like that.

personally, not too big a fan of the budokai games. i played the first one and beat it. i did not like the controls to the game. plus, all the attacks were pretty much the same (except for signature moves) except with slightly different moves and different names. plus, i thought it was realy inaccurate how mr.satan (hercule) could possibly fight in burst mode. i played the second one. seemed pretty much the same except with new char. and etc.

dbz budokai reminded me a lot of the ps game dragonball gt final bout. except, the fighting system was really really bad. plus, there was onlylike 2 or 3 attacks a person could do. (but at least i could be ssj4 goku and fight golden oozaru bebi vegeta) i have also played this rpg-like dbz game that is pretty old. i have also played dbz legends. i think these one is most dbz-like since all the fighting is in dbz style (rapid punchs and kicks, you know what i mean) but the only way to wound someone is to fil up this gauge at top where your selected char does his special attack. (and u can switch from character to character in middle of battle, max of three characters)

Neomackenzie
22nd November 2004, 06:10 PM
Hehehe i was a DBZ addict in the past =.= when i was a id.. but i still like to watch it now cuz it reminds me some kewl stuffs from the past :) And DBZ is a damn famous animre.. well known everywhere and so :)

U can't not love it!

Fatty_McFatterson
3rd December 2004, 07:09 AM
BragonBalZ is a really fun game to play espeacialy Budokai3 i realy want to play the full version i sems like real fun and sounds lke Armegeddon with laser pistols so that is very cool. I like how you can dodge punches and override your opponints beams and crap like that.

FireBlade2003
3rd December 2004, 11:10 AM
games = game forum

Try and it keep it like that in the future. Thanks. ^^

kerrminater
8th December 2004, 07:04 PM
krillin. Rules. Period.

Please give more informative posts in the future-FireBlade2003

Phearon
16th December 2004, 02:16 PM
My favo dbz character has to be Vegeta and Gohan (when transformed into SSJ2)

A question:
*request deleted*
Please provide a reason why you perfer that character(s). Also we don't allow posts regarding illegal copies of any anime.-FireBlade2003

Fatty_McFatterson
17th December 2004, 10:44 AM
My favo dbz character has to be Vegeta and Gohan (when transformed into SSJ2)

A question:
*request deleted*
Please provide a reason why you perfer that character(s). Also we don't allow posts regarding illegal copies of any anime.-FireBlade2003
SSJ2 is weak i would rather have SS4 Vegeto anyda over them. gohan is powerful and all but if he goes up against SS4 Vegeto by himself SSJ2 he would get killed end of story no mater what.

Phearon
17th December 2004, 11:02 AM
about my request:
it is not illegal, these episodes are listed on forums or on webpages
but I can't find any

FireBlade2003
18th December 2004, 12:21 AM
*ahem* YES it is illegal.

It is a LICENSED ANIME. A lot of people kill one another in various nations, doesn't make it any less legal if it's more abundant.

MasterHiei
18th December 2004, 10:34 PM
yea, it is a real shame to see all those characters lost in importance. personally, even though the saiyans are like the most powerful race in the db world, i still think they are a bit overpowered. and whatever happened to those other people? what ever happened to yamcha and tien and chiaotzu, and icarus and mr. popo? they were such great characters.

Ill tell you what happens, the saiyans beat them and then the saiyans proceed to get stronger at a rate 50 times faster than anyone they beat, thus leaving them in the dust. About 80% percent of the enimies saiyans have to achieve a higher level to beat, they can beat in their normal saiyan form about 3 sagas later, its Wee-diculous.

Haseo
19th December 2004, 07:09 PM
Why is it that so may people don't like GT. I mean it isn't as good as Z but It's decent. I'm glad they made GT because Goku looks awsome as a Super Sayian 4. He looks all tough. Plus it is funny to see Super Sayian 4 Vegeta in those shiny pants. Put Vegeta in his Super Sayian 4 pants and his pink "Bad Man" shirt and that would ber pretty funny.

Pustolio
20th December 2004, 02:46 PM
Ill tell you what happens, the saiyans beat them and then the saiyans proceed to get stronger at a rate 50 times faster than anyone they beat, thus leaving them in the dust. About 80% percent of the enimies saiyans have to achieve a higher level to beat, they can beat in their normal saiyan form about 3 sagas later, its Wee-diculous.

Heh... I guess part of the reason I liked the saiyan saga so much was that the saiyans were quite powerful at the time; but still could be taken on by the human and non-saiyan characters. I mean, look at Vegita when he first appeared. Goku did most of the work; but Krillen, Gohan, and Yakirobe did some damage to him as well. I know other people who absolutely love the evolution of the characters much later in the series; and I don't blame them. I mean Super Saiyan lvls beyond one, Fusions, androids, Buu, etc., etc., they were all koo. I'm just saying that the minor characters should get a less minor role.

Why is it that so may people don't like GT. I mean it isn't as good as Z but It's decent. I'm glad they made GT because Goku looks awsome as a Super Sayian 4. He looks all tough. Plus it is funny to see Super Sayian 4 Vegeta in those shiny pants. Put Vegeta in his Super Sayian 4 pants and his pink "Bad Man" shirt and that would ber pretty funny.

Even though my interests for the DB series have died down I still have a level of respect for them. This is true also for DBGT. When I first saw it, I was at awe at SSJ4 Goku (but also, a bit confused as to how very very different this stage this was from the others.) ANd I liked some of the villians; them being Super Android 17 and Bebi. But of course, like I mentioned before, my favs are the Para Para brothers.

I think it would be funnier if Vegeta had DarkBlade2's description PLUS his mustache. Hilarious....

KingPhil
21st December 2004, 06:05 AM
I preffered DBZ to DBZGT but the fights were sometimes predictable.

cant_last_(banned)
11th April 2005, 01:02 PM
there is supposed to be three more. theres: DBUX, DBXT, and last DBMAX. thats what i heard. but i like DBGT better than any other. and in the last eposode pan goes super its awsome. i have DB, DBZ, DBGT, DBUX in japanesse. it is so F***ing awsome.