PDA

View Full Version : How do you make an ISO work?

Blue Bomber
23rd September 2004, 10:09 PM
just downloaded an ISO file, and i burned it to a CD, but every time i go to open it, it just opens my cd burning software :\. anyone know how i can get it to work? thanks

plasmasword
23rd September 2004, 10:16 PM
You have to burn an "Image" to a disk. A program like nero has this option. In Nero you just select the option to burn an image to a disk, select the .iso file and burn it.

White_Hindu
23rd September 2004, 11:39 PM
Personally, I use discjuggler, as I haven't had much success with Nero(I've used both). DiscJuggler is just a LOT easier to use for what you want. I think you can download a free trial if you google it.

Flocito
24th September 2004, 12:26 AM
Nero works just fine for burning ISO files. Or you could get use Daemon Tools to mount the ISO file. Or you could get ISOBuster.

Or you could stop being a warezing fool and actually go buy the software.

White_Hindu
24th September 2004, 12:32 AM
W00t!

Last time I used Nero to burn an ISO, it brought up some shit(which is more than I'm used to--mind you)about a wrong path or a practice burn or something that I didn't feel like dealing with.

Here are some special rules dealing with software:

1) It's only good if it is from IRC. NO EXCUSES!
2) With the rare chance it is from IRC, the channel must have any or all of the keywords
A. 'ISO'/'BIN'/'CUE'
B. The console the game is on
C. 'Microsoft Corporate Edition'
3) Traders give you legit stuff. FServes are never legit.

Just follow the rules and use DiscJuggler, you will never have a hassal when it comes to ISO's.

Flocito
24th September 2004, 12:35 AM
W00t!

1. Buy it!
2. Don't be gay.

dom
24th September 2004, 08:43 AM
my school has a thing with Microsoft [Microsoft Developer's Network Academic Alliance (MSDNAA)]. they give certain students free access to some of their software, like the .NET suite, WinXP pro, OneNote, Project, MSDN Library etc. All of these are downloaded from a server to your computer in (surprise) .ISO image files. WinXP requires you to burn the ISO image to a cd in order to install, while the other files let you use stuff like Daemon tools to install them.

Microsoft has made a move towards ISO image files. ISO has legitimate purposes.

anyway, the link for daemon tools is http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/portal.php just in case you needed it.

plasmasword
24th September 2004, 09:39 AM

1) It's only good if it is from IRC. NO EXCUSES!

What about BitTorrent ^_^;?

Flocito
24th September 2004, 10:05 AM
ISO has legitimate purposes.

No one ever said ISO didn't have legitimate purposes, but if you can show the original poster asked about it with legitimate purposes in mind then I'll give you a special cookie. :rolleyes:

dom
24th September 2004, 12:13 PM
but if you can show the original poster asked about it with legitimate purposes in mind then I'll give you a special cookie. :rolleyes:

i can read minds. blue_bomber's mind is as pure as a virgin's first menstruation.

wheres my cookie

Flocito
25th September 2004, 01:07 AM
I got your cookie right here. (http://downloads.ninjatune.net/cookie_desktop_1024x1280.jpg)

Phyrus
25th September 2004, 01:37 AM
just downloaded an ISO file, and i burned it to a CD, but every time i go to open it, it just opens my cd burning software :\. anyone know how i can get it to work? thanks

BB, as its been noted already, just burn it with nero, it will give you the option to burn an "image" onto your CD. basically 'cos its ISO and if its bigger than 700mb, burn it onto a DVD-rw, if less than 700mb, burn onto CD-rw