PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Mario

Ganks
4th September 2004, 05:19 PM
OMG this ame was the best in the world. I loved this game so much and just think if they redid the original with x-box grafix

Ganks, please put in your posts as to WHY you think it is the best game in the world, WHY you think it should be done in Xbox graphics. This is the second time I have seen you with a post that doesn't have any support for the statements said. If I see it again I'll close the thread or just warn you when the warning system is back. -Fusion

Doctor Rock
4th September 2004, 05:25 PM
just think if they redid the original with x-box grafix

why not GC-graphics?

_outlaw
4th September 2004, 06:55 PM
its a 2d side scroller... jeezuz graphics for this game would make it TERRIBLE and i would shun it just for the graphics. Graphics dont make a game. its mostly (if not all) fun factor. i would rather jump on some pixelated goombas and run through a level as a plumber saving a princess. than have the one of the most highly graphiced game out there where you shoot the same monsters over and over and over (oh wait that reminds me of Halo).

Seriously what is there to improve when it comes to Marios graphics? make huge 3D awesome looking AT-ST walkers in the background that serve no purpose and only detract from the game? bah give me the pixelated good stuff anyday

Michael
4th September 2004, 07:07 PM
Personally, old school graphics will always be better than 3d. In 3d, you don't have to worry about jumping at weird angles (as in Super Mario 64 or Sunshine). Side-Scrollers are more simple, so it's more fun! That's why Mario is so godly...With Super Mario 3 being the godliest since you could store and use items...RPG-like, don't you think?

Saya
4th September 2004, 07:10 PM
Mario is fun.....in 3D too....*looks at Ganks* hi nii-chan

violentlazy
4th September 2004, 08:21 PM
mario was (and still is) the best. Its the level of gameplay that makes a game. Graphics are good as long as they don't detract from the gameplay.

moldykorn
4th September 2004, 08:34 PM
actually, i dont think the mario games are that great. Hugely over rated. Sure they were revolutionary back in the day, but come on people, saying its the best is a bit much. Its a freaking style now, to wear stuff emblazoned with the original "nintendo" logo on it... come on people....

Kaos1234
5th September 2004, 04:35 AM
mario to nes and snes where good then after that the story got weaker ;)

Kracker
5th September 2004, 04:40 AM
Im not sure which mario game you are talking about there have been tons. But Mario as a character, was brilliant.
His history is funny too, he was originally a electrician called Jumper-Man in Donkey Kong Arcade.
Heh, but I love Mario games.

DaunTed
5th September 2004, 11:29 AM
Almost all mario games are TEH OWNAGE GAMES! but some are just ghey, i mean Super Mario Sunshine, Cleaning graffiti, that was lameo....but most other games on the Nintendo GB, GBA and GC are all really coooool

Ether
5th September 2004, 11:55 AM
All the Mario games, with the exception of those geared towards midgets (Mario Paint), are awesome.

Super Mario Bros. 3 is still my favorite, although Paper Mario and Mario Sunshine are surprisingly awesome to me...

You wouldn't think games with titles like that would turn out to be gems...

Paper Mario is awesome because the 2D characters fit in with the 3D world perfectly. It's surprisingly fun.

Sunshine...the ability to move with the water pack - I forget its name - was awesome. The fact that you could almost get anywhere made the game awesome to explore.

Kracker
5th September 2004, 11:59 AM
It wasnt JUST cleaning graffiti, that game was wicked.
The water gun backpack (forgotten name) was really fun to use, all the different add ons, I really enjoyed it.
All Mario Gb games rocked. period.

Ganks
5th September 2004, 12:14 PM
personally i liked mario 64. it was very fun to fight the final bowser over and over and it was pretty diffucult. all GB mario kicked and i guess sunshine was good as well. Did anyone get yoshi on mario 64? cuz i did ^_^

Doublestix11
5th September 2004, 07:06 PM
Almost all mario games are TEH OWNAGE GAMES! but some are just ghey, i mean Super Mario Sunshine, Cleaning graffiti, that was lameo....but most other games on the Nintendo GB, GBA and GC are all really coooool

WEll too bad I really have not kept up on mario games, i really really liked them a ton! The old-school graphics are the shiz and make Mario still one of the best games of this time! And they even got mario golf, mario tennis, etc, and those were also huge sellers :)

Props to Nintendo for making mario so awesome :)

lenino
5th September 2004, 07:09 PM
Mario games are clasics. I'd say snes mario games are the better ones, though Mario 3 is awesome.
Games like Super Mario RPG and Yoshi Island weren't as known as Super Mario World, but were pretty good. I liked SM64, but I must say Mario Sunshine disappointed me.
If you call yourself a videgame fan, you should've played any mario games atleast once.

pisogpapir
18th September 2004, 03:22 AM
personally i liked mario 64. it was very fun to fight the final bowser over and over and it was pretty diffucult. all GB mario kicked and i guess sunshine was good as well. Did anyone get yoshi on mario 64? cuz i did ^_^
Omg yea Mario 64 was insane difficult.. *shruks* still ned to get 120 stars coz i wanna meet yoshi

7ZakAttack7
28th September 2004, 03:15 PM
ye, mario is da best o_o

Brak
12th February 2006, 02:07 PM
Mario is a pretty cool franchise that i think will never get old but i think that they should stop selling out with sports games and party games. They should go back to the original type Mario games because those are the coolest games when you play yourself and try to pass level after level.

FishyFred
12th February 2006, 06:06 PM
This thread was over a year old. It is NOT getting revived. Closed.