PDA

View Full Version : Wtf:s

lgc_superkip
18th July 2005, 02:28 AM
since when are alliances recruiting ON the koc site... plz take a look at the attachement

HadesTheDarkOne
18th July 2005, 02:55 AM
Wow, that's very smart from The Rising Alliance. lol, looks like they're very serious on getting new members.

narut0
18th July 2005, 03:50 AM
I don't see whats so "wtf" about that, its an add and im pretty sure its perfectly allowed.
I don't really see the purpose of this thread...

HadesTheDarkOne
18th July 2005, 04:41 AM
Well, it's pretty unique and I think your alliance is the only one who's doing this.

Cornholio
18th July 2005, 04:55 AM
its smart i give RA that but its certainly not fair for other koc alliances that they use advertising as a means to get on sites like the koc site, however, just do what i did and switch on the competitive filter in adsense and it's no problem ^^

Disasterpieces
18th July 2005, 05:04 AM
yeah a lot of people will not even see that advertisement because of things like ad-block and ad-muncher.

I_m_gonna_win
18th July 2005, 06:38 AM
It is fair to other alliances, because they can do it to ;)

But it's a great idea :p

NoKtUrNaL
18th July 2005, 11:20 AM
long live ad-muncher *munches along with the cow* bye bye advertisement :)
Was it really worth it?

Pain Reliever
18th July 2005, 04:36 PM
long live ad-muncher *munches along with the cow* bye bye advertisement :)
Was it really worth it?

Prolly was worth it most the players who have admuncher and such are already in a group of players or w/e,,,,,,i think it is cool as shit :)....makes me think of the DL event earlier this age.... what ever works :)

DyCyn
18th July 2005, 04:40 PM
We have been advertising on the Kings of Chaos website for a few months :), and had a graphical advertisment for a while as well (in the section on the left).

I cleared it with Nick quite a while ago, and they're perfectly okay with alliance advertisments on their website. They have been very effective - for every person with admuncher, there a significant number without :).

SwordofStriker
6th August 2005, 12:50 AM
I think it'd probably the smartest way of recruiting new, non-aligned players that I have ever seen. Props to the Rising Alliance for that one.

Being that anyone can pay to have their alliance advertised on KoC, I don't see how it could possibly be construed as unfair. It's their money, and they can do what they want with it. That's like saying it's unfair that someone has a better computer than someone else.

sharky123
6th August 2005, 02:17 PM
its not fair and i cant b bothered to explain why i think that as its to late

Shay_Moss
7th August 2005, 11:19 AM
its smart i give RA that but its certainly not fair for other koc alliances that they use advertising as a means to get on sites like the koc site, however, just do what i did and switch on the competitive filter in adsense and it's no problem ^^
well they payed for google ads, and kingsofchaos uses google ads for revenue, so just fork out the money, its not illegal

ROCK LOBSTER
7th August 2005, 10:28 PM
I see nothing wrong either...i wish i had money to advertise my alliance! Well, when I had one. Anywayz, most posts are spam and there's no real discussion going on. So i'm going to close it. If anyone has something very valuable to add, then PM me or any other mod that's online.