PDA

View Full Version : Help! CD burning/ripping

Perad
21st September 2004, 11:40 AM
Ok i copy my cd's with windows media player, but it comes out in a wma format and my cd burning software won't burn on the format.

Basically i want to create a cd of my favourite songs like a compilation, have a got to download all these songs in mp3 format or is there a prgram that accepts other formats which i could use?

plasmasword
21st September 2004, 11:56 AM
Download Nero, if you don't know how to get it, pm me. Nero can rip CD's, burn in any kind of format, all that good stuff.

Flocito
21st September 2004, 02:18 PM
Well, you have a few options.

1) Burn the CD using Windows Media Player
2) Convert the WMA files to WAV files and then burn the WAV files using your CD burning software of choice.
3) Obtain a CD Burning software that supports the burning of WMA files by doing the conversion itself.

Bugga
22nd September 2004, 12:55 AM
Go to mydownloads.com and it should have a converter there that you can use.

omega
22nd September 2004, 04:39 AM
or, use a program called "cdex" (which I can provide if you can't find it), and rip them to mp3s.

plasmasword
22nd September 2004, 04:39 PM
Nero has a built in CD ripper (which rips cds faster than cdex because I've tried them both) and a sound editor. So I don't see why you would need two rippers...

Flocito
22nd September 2004, 11:10 PM
Nero has a built in CD ripper (which rips cds faster than cdex because I've tried them both) and a sound editor. So I don't see why you would need two rippers...

Well you could use a different ripper than the one provided by Nero because there is better software out there than Nero. For example, Exact Audio Copy with the Lame VBR encoder is considered one the best rippers out there. It can rip data off of CDs that other rippers can even read.

Still, though, it doesn't answer the original poster's question, which was how to burn a CD from his wma files. The answer to his question was already posted in my first post, but I'll restate them.

He can:

1) Use WMP to burn the CD of his WMAs. It has a built in burner option that will automatically convert the WMAs to a WAV file and burn them on the CD.

2) Convert the WMAs to a WAV file with an externam program and then use a burning program (like Nero) to burn the WAV files to a CD. One example of an external program that will do this is Winamp. You can use Winamp to conver the WMA files to a WAV file.

3) Obtain a burning software that does the WMA to WAV conversion within the software and burn the CD. Nero, for example, has a plug-in that will do this, but since the original poster didn't include what CD burning software they were using then we really can't help them determine if their software supports this option.