PDA

View Full Version : HELP WANTED- big alliance test

mcm-never-dies
22nd June 2005, 08:49 AM
Hi everyone, I'm going to test how good the support is of all alliances in the official alliance list.
This means I have to post at all their forums (with a secret username), but that takes a lots of time, so I would like to ask you if you want to help me.
You need alots of time (we have to, register/post at all forums in the official alliance list) and about three weeks after that I'll be able to post the results.

EDIT, because most people don't understand what the purpose of this test is, I'll explain it here:

I don't want to test how they help people if you are sabbed, I want to test how fast and good they respond if you ask an easy question, like "Since when do you exist" or "which allies do you have".

I'm not gonna write here exactly how I calculate the marks, but it'll be possible for everyone to get a good mark.

Two weeks after posting on all those forums I'll check the forums for replies, I'll store those results in a database and post in here, on GUA. After that I'll do the test 2 times again, the same way as the first one, so the alliances can make their support better and don't go complaining like "Usually we have good support, but this was just bad luck" if they get a bad mark.

PM/ mail (mcm_never_dies@hotmail.com) me if you want to help.

~mcm~

btw- If you are a leader of an alliance and you join the test that means you're alliance isn't tested, that would be unfair.

btw 2: If you don't like the idea, or if you think it's pointless, then please don't make a pointless reply telling me you think it's pointless because there are people who do like it, and I don't want to waste my time in reading pointless replies, I have enough to do right now :P

HadesTheDarkOne
22nd June 2005, 09:19 AM
Whjat's exactly the reason you're going to do this? To see how quick the response on the forums is?

mcm-never-dies
22nd June 2005, 10:07 AM
Yes, and the qualitity of their respond.

NoKtUrNaL
22nd June 2005, 11:10 AM
i too dont quite get the test.....you want to see how quickly they respond on the forums?respond to what? validating you...?
No offense but forum activity proves nothing...

if your saying you will go there, request support (battle style) then how can you judge this? im sure i would say no to supporting some randomly made account :p as would alot of other people

HadesTheDarkOne
22nd June 2005, 11:24 AM
And if you want to get validated then you would need a fake KoC account, since you're going to use hidden names.

4ndr3x
22nd June 2005, 11:28 AM
let the dude test the alliances... :bpeace:
the outcome might be cool no matter how serious or neccessary this test is... :bowl:

bloodpirate
22nd June 2005, 11:37 AM
it would be just as easy to go to each of the alliances listed there, write down the number of postes to each one, then in two weeks check the number and you have how many posts in that time frame, you don't have to post on them all, that would be spam which is not alowd on them

NoKtUrNaL
22nd June 2005, 11:56 AM
let the dude test the alliances... :bpeace:
the outcome might be cool no matter how serious or neccessary this test is... :bowl:
Hey i never said dont test, i said to explain how they meant "test" seeing as from what i can gather neither will be a valid test
dont forget not every alliance is in the round table :p and not all have forums
you simply cant test the activity or helpfullness of an alliance unless your IN them
Joining a forum does not = in the alliance so i fail to see how this test will prove anything

Davie
22nd June 2005, 12:21 PM
it would be just as easy to go to each of the alliances listed there, write down the number of postes to each one, then in two weeks check the number and you have how many posts in that time frame, you don't have to post on them all, that would be spam which is not alowd on them

If its activity your "investigating" this would be a much better idea. And out of interest mcm what will you be looking for? What will you be judging? How many times will you check that alliance ect.

FeralWolf_FD
22nd June 2005, 12:46 PM
seems a bit pointless and time consuming to me....

elvsking
22nd June 2005, 01:58 PM
Iím a member of COD a alliance not in the official list the reaction time is good you have to post your problem on the forum and in les then a day one of member will help you. If is a mass this will take more time because this involve a message to be send to the player who mass you to find what is the reason of mass and ask him to stop.

About your project you can count me on. Iím interesting to find out the result.

Bloodpriest
23rd June 2005, 01:15 AM
heheh sounds fun but I dont think it will work because you wont get access to the "highest" and most secret parts of every forum that fast :bowl:

Deth
23rd June 2005, 01:41 AM
If you are planning on getting on allies lists and right after that asking help then I am quite sure you wont get any help. I know I wouldnt help you, cuz it would look like you allied to us just to get help in some war you started and then you will probably forget us.
Besides...its not THAT easy to get on allies list :p

mcm-never-dies
23rd June 2005, 04:21 AM
I think you all don't understand what I want to test. I don't want to test how they help people if you are sabbes, I want to test how fast and good they respond if you ask an easy question, like "Since when do you exist" or "which allies do you have".

I'm not gonna write here exactly how I calculate the marks, but it'll be possible for everyone to get a good mark.

Two weeks after posting on all those forums I'll check the forums for replies, I'll store those results in a database and post in here, on GUA. After that I'll do the test 2 times again, the same way as the first one, so the alliances can make their support better and don't go complaining like "Usually we have good support, but this was just bad luck" if they get a bad mark.

PM/ mail (mcm_never_dies@hotmail.com) me if you want to help.

~mcm~

btw- If you are a leader of an alliance and you join the test that means you're alliance isn't tested, that would be unfair.

Clumps
23rd June 2005, 04:35 AM
really this seems pointless and time consuming.

your just gonna end up wasting your time and i really dont think to many people will care much about the results. what your doing what prove anything.

mcm-never-dies
23rd June 2005, 04:50 AM
You don't help, if you don't want to then just don't make such a pointless reply please, I'm just going to do that test, and I already got PMs from people who do want to help, so I think there are people who are intrested...

Deth
23rd June 2005, 08:09 AM
This ''test'' will be unfair. Every alliance has a few members who take care of new members, asnwer questions etc. etc. what if you post when those people are sleeping? does that means the alliance sux? LOL

HadesTheDarkOne
23rd June 2005, 09:24 AM
Besides...its not THAT easy to get on allies list :p

I think he meant all alliances in the official alliance list here on GUA. Those are the alliances he wants to test.

But your last point is very good. People do sleep, so it's important to know from when to when the alliance leaders are sleeping and on what time they're the most active. If two different alliance leaders check new members each 4 hours, but the first one just checked it before you posted but the second one just checked it after you posted the second one is faster in response, BUT both check the same amount of times.

4ndr3x
23rd June 2005, 10:54 AM
seems a bit pointless and time consuming to me....
isn't that what KoC is all about? :D

i think this test might be kewl...
he's gonna get some info out about small "unkown" alliances out there, and allso big alliances... Let's see who gets the better result... :ph34r:

and Hot-Noc my post wasn't aimed directly at you, i just feelt this aurora of people wanting to bringing this lill alliance tester down... :bpeace: :P

snakeye
23rd June 2005, 03:50 PM
Guys i think he means he wants to see which alliance has the best community, by seeing how helpful and friendly the members are.

Wishes
23rd June 2005, 05:13 PM
This is going to be interesting, now all the alliances that care will be making sure they help out as much as posible lol!

mcm-never-dies
25th June 2005, 10:11 AM
This ''test'' will be unfair. Every alliance has a few members who take care of new members, asnwer questions etc. etc. what if you post when those people are sleeping? does that means the alliance sux? LOL
How can you say that if you don't even know how I calculate the scores. You'll get the biggest score for the answering time if you answer within 24 hours, I gues no1 sleeps 24 hours a day...