PDA

View Full Version : Spirits of Vengeance Lounge

Pages : [1] 2

Shade
18th June 2005, 01:06 PM
Evil Red, make the first post

22 Nov - By request of Ali, title changed (I hope).
23 Nov - Clan checked. Experiencing very odd time-related confusion. I changed this thread's name yesterday?

Redtigerfang
18th June 2005, 02:18 PM
Hello everyone this is our HQ so post your questions or spam here... well not really spam , but you know what i mean.

Vincent7
19th June 2005, 01:33 PM
Hey Red, ive been trying for a few days to think up of a character to make, or else I would've already posted in the other thread! (read my pm) :D

EDIT: Well I made a character already, its in my sig lol...

Redtigerfang
19th June 2005, 03:45 PM
basically what sorcery does is mimic a power on the list, like you said you wanted barrier right well the normal power is force field so you can call it mystic barrier if you want. As for damage everyting starts out as and average you can have one ability or power at a higher amount if you take a lower amount on a different one. but you can only do that once .

Sir Hyde
19th June 2005, 04:18 PM
Uhm, that sounds confusing :-\ Explain, please ó.ň

Redtigerfang
19th June 2005, 04:46 PM
its not really confusing all you have too do is say instead of having fire projectile, it would be like fireball or blaze

AliDheren
19th June 2005, 07:59 PM
I come to say hello and please count me in. I haven't had chance to work on my character and a decent intro in the official thread but I am here.

Hi you all!

Vincent7
19th June 2005, 11:42 PM
Hey Ali, always a pleasure to see you around.

Ah, I dont need that spell anymore. I decided to make a character that focuses on magic through tomes and such. Old books of magic and whatnot. Yeah.

Sir Hyde
20th June 2005, 07:07 AM
Weeeeeeeeeee, my character is posted! Link can be found in my signature :biggrin3: Marguerite Lenore aka Sorceress Wildfire ^__________^

Comments from others of the SOV are always welcome :icon7:

Redtigerfang
20th June 2005, 04:37 PM
ok all the new people that keep showing up i invited, also outlaw, said hew would join, he said something about making a guy that uses gadgets, but time will tell when he designs it or shows up at the front gate.

A few of the others are making characters still. I have some plans already made up for the first quest, i am just waiting on ewveryone character design.

AliDheren
20th June 2005, 04:44 PM
well I had a wonderful dream and I am using this char for SoV.

Not very original but I loved to imagine it. I have to put up some things and ask Balan about his char.

Do you plan to have a funny activity like we had in the former SoV?

Redtigerfang
20th June 2005, 05:00 PM
Great, its good to here it, even though i don't here much from Balan, also just to warn you in each quest we may have a guest hero, or something more, jsut some one not in the clan will post a few times to take some of the roles off me. Letting me play my character Auralight

AliDheren
20th June 2005, 07:33 PM
Ň.Ó

Take a look at this:
http://www.giveupalready.com/journal.php?do=showentry&e=1178

It would be my char...
I'd thank any comments before actually posting it.

Redtigerfang
20th June 2005, 07:56 PM
the two girls or the dzion

AliDheren
20th June 2005, 08:07 PM
The dzion... I have my doubt on the girls though I'm thinking a bit about it...

Ascalon
20th June 2005, 08:09 PM
Dzion's a pretty cool character, like Morph (who was a pretty cool character in the animated show, however brief his appearances were). I can't comment a great deal, other than you've got a pretty flexible character there. :D

Redtigerfang
21st June 2005, 03:55 AM
Shape shifting will be fine but at this level if you don't take any other powers you could get it at a higher rank than the people that have a few powers. Let me know if you are doing it this way, if not most of the people start with average for their power abilities

AliDheren
21st June 2005, 07:43 AM
well give me a rate for it, then...

:slant:

It is obviously not a powerful character when it comes to many matters, at most, it is only useful.

Sir Hyde
21st June 2005, 08:43 AM
I like it Ali :icon7: Though it wouldn't really get much history, haha. But then again... gotta love shapeshifters :wacko: .

Redtigerfang
21st June 2005, 01:10 PM
well if you put it that way we will give you excellent shape shifting is that ok with you.

AliDheren
21st June 2005, 01:25 PM
Well this is what I've been thinking...

Eidee is some kind of strange scientist. She has a daughter, Xora... that is, in the end, Dzion. So Xora is just the pasive form of Dzion and plays her part as daughter of Eidee but is practically nothing but a creature of Eidee... that follows Eidee's will.

Yes, it has a bit of philosophical trick there... What do you think of it?

Redtigerfang
21st June 2005, 02:32 PM
Seems fine to me

DJ_Magnavox
23rd June 2005, 01:05 AM
Hey guys. I've just joined y'all. It is the first time I RP in such a setting, so bare with me if my Rp-ing quality seems to decrease ok?

Well, let's see what we can do!

Redtigerfang
23rd June 2005, 01:09 PM
if any one wants to ask any questions now would be the time... Ask away

AliDheren
23rd June 2005, 01:21 PM
Redneck, welcome! you will do great! :)

So there. I'll post Dzion's char sheet.

Red, Is there any special queue for the official thread?

Redtigerfang
23rd June 2005, 01:34 PM
not really at this time i am just investigating a few hero sightings

Alannon
22nd October 2005, 09:58 AM
Ok, peoples, those of you who actually care about this clan should know that 1) We have about a day or two to get this thing moving before we have to restart it or just give it up and 2) Red left the board, so we're leaderless. I for one say we have a vote for a new leader. Anyone who shows up can vote, don't vote for yourself, use common sense. If you want this to continue, that is.

AliDheren
22nd October 2005, 12:21 PM
Well... I think that we have to consider who is running for leader. Because he/she has time and will for it.

I think that you, Alannon, have a certain plus for being the one who answered quickly to this problem.
I could offer myself if another candidate is needed.

Alannon
22nd October 2005, 03:45 PM
Well, I thank you for putting my name forward. And, I believe that you would be an excellent leader of this clan.

Also, depending on the outcome of my round of PMs to members, we may well end up just deciding between us and opening up a recruitment thread again...

AliDheren
22nd October 2005, 03:46 PM
Well I am just willing to try out Dzion. It is a challenging character to roleplay with. I'm putting it up in my sig, as a sign of will.

:D

Alannon
22nd October 2005, 04:15 PM
Hehe...yeah, I couldn't figure out what you were talking about at first...Thanks for changing the spelling.
I imagine Dzion would be tough to RP, but I can also see it being very fun and interesting, too. Wish I had thought of the idea for the character.

AliDheren
22nd October 2005, 04:53 PM
well let's see who else is willing to join. I wonder if we will have to check Red's stats and suggestions for character making.

And we could begin some kind of quest or spar as soon as we get a little motion, in order to attract more people in.

Marik
22nd October 2005, 06:18 PM
hey guys, I am interested in joining this clan of yours. I don't know how active I will be however, as a I have a short attention span sometimes.

Alannon
22nd October 2005, 06:22 PM
Sometimes? When'd it become sometimes?
Anyways, I say welcome. If you agree, Ali, I guess we can let him join...seeing as this clan is currently a democracy.

AliDheren
22nd October 2005, 07:49 PM
Well I agree but he has to make his character and be aproved. :D

Alannon
22nd October 2005, 09:19 PM
Ah, yes, I always forget minor detail such as that...Marik, you can get the info you need for a character on the first page of the clan thread. Which is right...here (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=20230)
Otherwise...you know my AIM screenname if you need help.

Marik
23rd October 2005, 12:50 PM
Here's the link to my character, It's not much right now, but I plan on adding more later: http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?p=513533#post513533

DJ_Magnavox
24th October 2005, 03:53 AM
I agree with Alannon that Ali would make a great leader. But on the other hand, since Alannon did recognize the problem he would fit the position as well.

If we would have an election, we should start it soon now. Will we wait for someone else to participate in here, or are two enough for now? (I personally go for two, concidering the size of SoV...)

Alannon
24th October 2005, 05:03 PM
I suppose that since I sent out PMs a couple days ago, you're probably all that'l be showing up. Although I would really prefer one more person, so we don't run the chance of a tie...RedNeck, think you could get someone else over here?

I suppose that the candidates will be Ali and myself, and I'll just go on ahead and place my vote for Ali, since that's what I'll be saying no matter what.

Oh, and, as soon as we get a leader, that person will need to set up another recruitment thread, as we need to get a total of 7 members ASAP.

AliDheren
24th October 2005, 05:26 PM
Well things given, I place my vote for Alannon too.

DJ_Magnavox
25th October 2005, 08:04 AM
I think it will be difficult to get someone else here. I don't know any of these guys or have ever RPed with them before...

My vote goes to Ali by the way...

Just a possibility to consider: double leadership. Fuck elections and set up the recruitment thread.

AliDheren
25th October 2005, 08:23 AM
taking things as they are going... I agree that we should think of a double leadership or a democracy.

then we may start a quest or some sort of "SoV" superhero training, like some kind of school-quest-spar"thing" where we all train eachother.

This may cause interest to the readers and help the recruitment.
What do you say?

DJ_Magnavox
25th October 2005, 09:22 AM
I agree, let's do it like that for now. We can change it any time we like. And such a training quest would be great!

Al, what do you think?

Alannon
25th October 2005, 04:59 PM
Yeah, let's do it. Now, to go see what I have to do to start up a recruitment thread...

AliDheren
25th October 2005, 10:40 PM
well, then... let us go into action.

When do we begin the action thread? We can rp a meeting of our chars. some sort of spar that will lead to the formation of the clan.

If you agree I'll think of something tonight and try to post the entrance tomorrow evening.

DJ_Magnavox
26th October 2005, 06:37 AM
I agree, let's do that. Or do you want to wait until we have more members? I do not mind, but it would be fun ofcourse..

AliDheren
26th October 2005, 12:18 PM
ok, Alannon I posted in the recruitment thread. Check it out and tell me if you think we need to add or correct something.

Please, all of us, let's invite friends and people that may be interested and are active enough to keep this up.

Alannon
26th October 2005, 04:06 PM
Seems good to me; better than I probably would've made it.

As for something to get us going...Hmmm...I like the idea of spar leading to the clan's formation. Just the four us that are already here meeting one day, perhaps fighting against someone else, perhaps against each other. Personally, I think we should be fighting something/someone else and just so happen to meet up. Or something similar. In any case, I'd like to get it started soon too.

AliDheren
26th October 2005, 10:59 PM
GOOD!!!

We have our first man! or should I say Robot? :D

Now we have to add ourselves in the recruiting list.

how many do we have to be?

Krogothic
26th October 2005, 11:16 PM
ARGH! I wish I consulted this thread before posting first.... D:

Anyway, You can call me a Robot, Cyborg, whatever. :D

Alannon
27th October 2005, 02:45 PM
Welcome to the clan. Enjoy your stay. All that typical crud.

As for the number of people...we need 7 total, making us nearly there. We need two more people minimum, although more would be better. Now, once I get to my house I'll start up the interaction in the BA and put a link in here.

AliDheren
27th October 2005, 02:55 PM
Great Alannon,,, but who are the active members?

Redneck, you and I!

Recruited: Krogothic

Interested: Marik

Alannon
27th October 2005, 05:06 PM
Yeah, that's pretty much them. Five in all, assuming everyone stays and remains active. Hopefully this interaction (which I'm about to get going. No, really, I am!) will get more people.

EDIT: Woot! Here it is: http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?p=517423#post517423

EDIT2: Hey, Ali, just realized. We should probably have a link to this thread as well as the RP area of it in the recruitment area. Unless we already do, and I just missed it....

Marik
30th October 2005, 12:16 PM
Hey guys, I'm sorry to say this, but I am going to have to pull out of the clan. I am just too busy with other things to be an active member. Sorry, I wish you guys the best of luck.

DJ_Magnavox
30th October 2005, 02:11 PM
Too bad Marik. Oh well, tomorrow I will edit my sig with a link towards this. That might help the clan...

AliDheren
30th October 2005, 03:10 PM
Marik! That is very sad!

guys, sorry that my char is kind of strange and acting slow and quiet presently in the interaction thread.

The main reason is that I am really busy this last week and present weekend. (I have theatre play that I had not planed!)
I will try to present Dzion in her girly form in Noparton's warehouse and present you the invitation of Eidee Genet to form a team, so you get the idea of what I'm trying to do so, please, try to stay there till I'm able to post..

Thanks.

Ahh and please, invite your friends. We only have until NOVEMBER 2 to make this work!!!!

We are screwed anyway... we have until next wednesday!

Alannon
30th October 2005, 03:33 PM
Hopefully you meant November, Ali. Otherwise...we be screwed.

Also, I've tried to give you a good moment to show yourself, and I just hope that it stays open for you. Ack, stupid work computer. I'll finish this in a few minutes....afterit restarts.

EDIT: Ok, anyways. Marik, I'm sorry to hear/read that you have to leave. Thanks for telling us, though.

DJ_Magnavox
2nd November 2005, 04:34 AM
Alright, concerning the banner. There will probably come two, you can decide for yourself which one you want to use. Mine will come online friday or begin next week. Too busy with school currently to use my time for such things...

Alannon
2nd November 2005, 03:15 PM
Awesome, and I noticed the post by nemesis as well. This oughta turn out well. Also, I've just put in the request for the new clan RP thread, so we should have that before too long. We're getting there, people!

AliDheren
2nd November 2005, 05:32 PM
rofl! we need to stay in touch! I just pm'ed legion asking him to keep our ongoing threads! rofl

but yes, this one may stay as it goes and we may have a new BA Clan thread to star things with clean path.

I want you all to see this banner we got made by The BoogieMan here (http://www.giveupalready.com/showpost.php?p=522390&postcount=403) he is interested in joining.

As he expressed his interest is mainly be taking care of communications within the clan, let's say, keep us all noticed about ongoing events. I think it is a cool proposal.

What do you think guys?

Alannon
2nd November 2005, 06:46 PM
Considering what just proved to be a considerable lack of communications, I'm thinking take him on. We need members, and we need communication. I don't really want to know what legion's thinking about us right now....
Wow, that's a really nice banner. Definitely like it. I say we just put them somewhere and offer the members a choice of which banner to use.
In fact, come Christmas I should be getting a server, finally, for my website, and I'll be perfectly happy to put them on that for us when the time comes.

AliDheren
2nd November 2005, 07:33 PM
great :)
I can host it now in my photobucket :D

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/AliDheren/SoV/SoV.gif

Done! That is the link. keep in mind is 28 kb, so it does not affect your sig limit. :D

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/AliDheren/SoV/heroes.jpg <--- This one is 34 kb.

Ok things are moving quite cool! Gekko also did this one for us so you may choose between them freely. You are also able to make a banner yourselves. I want to try one when I have the time. Yet Boogie's and Gekko's are really wonderful and I think it is a good sign for SoV.

DJ_Magnavox
3rd November 2005, 01:16 AM
I agree, let him be our "communication centre" lol!

About the banners, I like the second one Ali, but I will see what I can come up with..

Mesiart
3rd November 2005, 11:19 AM
Hi guys and girls, I'm making an appearance cos I've been told to.

Affairs for the next couple of weeks are recruiting, we need members and activity, let's make it happen guys.... let's kick start this new era of SoV into top gear.

AliDheren
3rd November 2005, 03:36 PM
If you are wondering, RedNeck Is Dj Magnavox...

Boy! I wish people were kind enough to announce their name changes! rofl

Welcome Boogeyman

Mesiart
4th November 2005, 04:41 AM
First thing I'm gonna do is browse the BA and other RP Forums and look for new RPers with spare clan space, then I'm gonna PM all of them with a proposition.

EDIT- Ok, I've invited a few decent RPers who should keep us going due to their interest in the BA.

Ali, are you going to ask Leg to make a new clan thread, we're pretty much homeless atm, :P

Dareth
4th November 2005, 05:07 AM
Hi, am here coz i was invited by "The boogey Man", i would like to join

Mesiart
4th November 2005, 05:15 AM
Hi Michael Lacn, we just need Ali's word and you can join. Then I think the best thing to do is you have a spar with ne of our existing members so we can evaluate how to improve your RPing. But from what I've read, you're a decent RPer.

AliDheren
4th November 2005, 06:19 AM
OK boogie. you are our comm.officer now. i pm'd legion for a new thread in ba clans but we stay with this one open.

now, i'll be busy this morning so:
1- lf legion makes the new page, use the info i used for the recruiting thread.
any joining member has to post their char for approval, given atm by alannon or me. system will change with time.
2- make a list of members - characters - activity rate. Include and point out those that created a char but are not active. Or those that joined but havent created their char. they must be contacted.

3. we are not striving for loads of members atm. I believe we first need to strengthen our lines.

4. for new aspirants I suggest two options. a) make a credible entrance in char interaction thread or b) wait for action there advance just a bit enough so the present members can spar the new char.

any other suggestion, question, comment?

Mesiart
4th November 2005, 07:49 AM
Ok, I've put together the list.

1. Krogothic
MR-147 Prototype “Archer”
Activity - New Member/Unproven

2. AliDheren
Xora Genet “Dzion”
Activity - Leader

3. Marik
Alyssa Triden “Miho”

4. Allanon
Steve Glaston “Noparton”
Activity - Leader

5. Kitsune
Kitsune Adonis

6. Notorious
Dustin Miller “Ace”
Activity – New Member/Unproven

7. Spamtu
No Character Specified

8. Nemesis-
No Character Specified

9. Im4Evil
No Character Specified

10. TheBoogeyman
No Character Specified
Activity – Communications Officer/Unproven

11. DJ Magnavox
Jason Morrinos "Canativus"
Activity - Member/High Activity

12. Michael Lacn
No Character Specified

One
4th November 2005, 08:37 AM
Hate to say it, but I'm heading home this weekend, so I'm gonna be more or less gone. No homework though, so when I get a chance I'll sit down and write my character, and hopefully have something to give you on Monday.

DJ_Magnavox
4th November 2005, 09:14 AM
At the moment I made the post, my name was not yet changed (I believe...) PHP should have changed all my posts... I will check on that. Any way, ML welcome. I am enjoying our spar so far and as spam can read in his PM, once he has his char finished, we might cross our weapons as well in a spar, which will be a RP training spar/char test spar. I've never had the chance to give Canativus a good test, and I guess that goes for the most of us. So I suggest that, once we have our clan thread set up again, we should all spar someone. There are 12 members, so there will be six spars.

Mesiart
4th November 2005, 10:48 AM
I'm not all that good at Rping anymore, I don't have the patience. That's why I have elected a non-RPing role. Maybe if we find one more member, we may have enough for even spars.

DJ_Magnavox
4th November 2005, 10:49 AM
Oh yeah! That's true, you don't RP with us :D Sorry, forgot about that for a sec!

Well, we could set up a spar with three participants or so...

Alannon
5th November 2005, 09:45 AM
No, we would do best just to have one less spar. Boogie doesn't RP with us and Marik left a while back, leaving us down by two, not just one.

Also, welcome Michael, always good to have new members. I'll try to get something for those of you not in the interaction thread to do soon. Also, the new RP clan thread is now open and you can get there here (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=29125).

DJ_Magnavox
7th November 2005, 02:57 AM
Ok, great that we have a RP thread for the clan, but there is absolutely nothing to work with.

Second, these ratings where are they based upon? I see the two of you are like superiour, while the others are... nothing!

AliDheren
7th November 2005, 07:21 AM
Oh! Sorry for that! We were trying stuff but did not finish the charts.
This weekend was pretty busy for me so we did not go on with adventure either.

:)

Be patient, please.

DJ_Magnavox
7th November 2005, 08:59 AM
No problem. Once it is done. Both the ranking system and a nice RP entrance, we will read it here correct?

By the way, do you keep in mind that some other members are with SoV from the beginning as well? ;)

AliDheren
7th November 2005, 12:03 PM
Sure we do! lol! Do not worry! We are not going to take over things abusively! Lol!

Plus Canatiuvs is making things hard on poor Xora! grr!

Mesiart
7th November 2005, 06:09 PM
What's happening with the clan then? Nobody seems to be posting in the CF Thread...

Krogothic
7th November 2005, 06:35 PM
I think we're lagging behind. We're starting to show signs of inactivity.... Anybody care for a little Character against character friendly spar?

AliDheren
7th November 2005, 07:27 PM
I posted in the character interaction thread this morning, if you did not notice. As for the Clan Thread, The Boogieman posted some instructions. Did you carried them out already, with character entrance? *blinks*

Alannon
7th November 2005, 09:02 PM
We need to give them information for the intro posts. Y'know, setting and whatnot. I don't have anything in mind, aside from really big mansion. In the meantime...anyone else up for a character vs character? Doesn't go with the story, but we need some action. Doesn't matter how many, just so long as we have two people willing to participate.

AliDheren
7th November 2005, 09:21 PM
yea I was up to write that down... you could do it as well Alannon. I'll be busy tonight for I have a set of classes for tomorrow morning.
Just let your imagination run wild.

:)

I was thinking some sort of in-town building with a bunker, easy to reach by many facilities with hidden doors and traps: subway, library, park, cemetery, school, more like a zone linked with secret tunnels guinding to an old house. What do you think of this?

Krogothic
7th November 2005, 11:18 PM
Sure thing Alannon. I'd like to test my mettle against you. Name the place and time. :D

Istar
8th November 2005, 07:25 AM
Alannon, I got a reply from AliDheren giving me an okay for my character, but she said to wait for you to say something. I'd appreciate it if you would send me whatever it is she told me about...thanks.

Alannon
8th November 2005, 04:08 PM
Ali, I've got the intro about half done. I'll finish it and post it later tonight.

Krogothic, let's dance! I'll post a link in...probably around 30 minutes to an hour, depending on other things.

Istar, welcome to the clan. You can post your IC entrance after I put up the description post.

AliDheren
8th November 2005, 05:49 PM
well, Istar, the intention was to introduce you to SoV Clan thread but I'll find a way to make you go into the char interaction thread with coherence after your post.

You even gave the name! lol! :D

Yeah... this are the new beginnings! rofl. It reminds me to the impro sessions at theatre.

Alannon
8th November 2005, 06:27 PM
Woot! Description is up, time to start posting in the clan thread!

EDIT: Just posted the spar, Krogothic. Anyone else who wants to join in can do so as well. http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?p=529616#post529616

Krogothic
8th November 2005, 09:31 PM
Ohkay... Since I just bought photoshop, I decided to make this for the clan. What'cha think? Not something very good though. Just a quick-rush job.

http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/2585/practice1lv.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Edit: I finnaly have finished the second one, which is also a quick rush job. :P

http://img470.imageshack.us/img470/4761/spiritsofvengeance7qz.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

AliDheren
8th November 2005, 10:22 PM
i like the green one :D

it is cool. :D

*is off to read description*

it is COOL!!! :D Now we are officially open to action guys! :D

Alannon
9th November 2005, 05:04 PM
Yeah, I agree. The green one's cool; nice job.

Thanks for the compliment. Now, let's get with the intros!

Krogothic
9th November 2005, 06:07 PM
Hey guys. beware the flaming text! :D

http://img283.imageshack.us/img283/4199/spirits8dj.png (http://imageshack.us)

AliDheren
9th November 2005, 10:01 PM
Well... I specially like the Archer one in your sig! :D that one is totally cool!!!!!!

and the motto "Only the good and brave apply!" Is just awesome! I'll take it!

Mesiart
12th November 2005, 04:43 PM
:( I've been working with Fireworks for 6 months and Krogothic buys Photoshop and does rush jobs and gets better compliments than me....:P Only joking, I love em, but they need more detail, like mine :P

Krogothic
13th November 2005, 03:08 AM
Lmao. Hey, all your projects are the total ownage, Boogeyman. Especially your spirits of vengeance banner. Is that guy a dark elf from the game Lineage II? :D And you do remember the avatar you made for me, right? It's still there. Maintaining it's glory. :D

Salvage the Great
13th November 2005, 04:04 PM
Hello all Alannon said i could post here, but i don't think i am officially apart of the clan yet.

Any one want to see if i am worth a run for the team in a spar i will use my build i am going to use here for the clan or super group.

Alannon
13th November 2005, 06:09 PM
We already have a spar going on for the SoV people. I have no problem with you jumping in to test your mettle, so long as you give us a character that you'll be using.

Salvage the Great
13th November 2005, 06:17 PM
Give me a few days to make up something and i will show you what i am capable of with such a small structure of a man. I will post up my design when i am finished wish me luck

Mesiart
13th November 2005, 06:19 PM
Bleh, Kro, that guy is from Guild Wars...

My work is mediocre, you're is alright, look at Statics and you're a professional lol, and I'm a retired professional lol.

Dark Wizard
13th November 2005, 07:18 PM
Hello The Boogeyman invited me here if your looking for one extra person. okay!

Alannon
13th November 2005, 07:33 PM
Huh...I remember you, Dark Wizard. Welcome to the SoV. Check out our main Clan thread for character info and whatnot, and once you have a character send it to Ali or I and we'll check it over for you. In the meantime feel free to post in this area.

Dark Wizard
14th November 2005, 08:49 AM
Okay, cool! Will do! I remember you too Alannon!

Salvage the Great
14th November 2005, 02:32 PM
I am almost done with my profile i just have to write out his history. how long does the history have to be?

AliDheren
14th November 2005, 02:59 PM
Enough to let us know a bit of the guy, and above all, to let yourself know him.

check on other members profiles if you want to.
mine does not count. it is weird.

Salvage the Great
14th November 2005, 03:16 PM
ok then i will give you a short one with descriptive words and informative backgrounds. i will tell you so stuff of when he still had everything going his way.

I looked at yours, Alannons, that guy with the brain avatars, i couldn't find the rest. well they didn't post in the Ba part.

After i send it too you do i post an intro for him in the BA clan thread

Alannon
14th November 2005, 07:19 PM
Well, once we approve it you should put it up in the BA's character area. Link us to it and we'll post him up in the main clan thread. Then, you can post in the Interaction thread, if you want, but the most important place is our main clan thread, where the character info is posted. I know that might be confusing, as we have a couple similar threads.

AliDheren
14th November 2005, 07:28 PM
i think we should ask Legion to change SoV official threads name for just Spirits of Vengeance so the chat thread worked as HQ

Alannon
14th November 2005, 08:46 PM
Yeah, we should.

Guys, I've got some crap to take care of out in RL. I'll still be around but I'm not sure if it'll be as frequently as usual. Don't worry, this won't be another three month hiatus, i just won't be on quite as much.

AliDheren
15th November 2005, 03:25 AM
Oh Oh!

Guys... guess you will have to accept odd Dzion/Xora for a while in action. Don't be afraid of it/her. It is an experiment, a char difficult to work with. I created it for fun, not intending to lead SoV at all, but now we are here so...

let's have fun!

Alannon
15th November 2005, 07:29 PM
Isn't that what we make clans for? So we can have some fun and do stuff together? That's what I always thought, at least. Hmmm...off to make my rounds now, and hopefully get some actual RPing done tonight.

AliDheren
17th November 2005, 06:27 PM
Hey guys! Lets us not fall into inactivity here. :)

So here are some of our future plans:

1. The character interaction quest is planned for us to meet eachother. If you are new, i suggest you to read it a bit for everybody is making a bit of presentation of themselves.

As an example, Flare cannot actually have seen Dr. Genet. She is kinda secretive and there is a post explaining why. I will find a way to amend things. ;) But be careful.

If any of you have any question regarding another char, ask.

the following "sequence" will be some sort of car-chase. Imagine a bunch of peeps that are very interested in preventing the existence of the SoV. ;)

Now I suggest that all new members from this point ahead don't enter the Char inteaction thread. We will make new activities for them. We have been thinking about this and I'd like to know your opinions, though I am quite strong about my ideas.

1. An SoV member will make an evaluation of the aspirant, but the set will be made in some sort of "first contact" with the future hero. So this is how it would work.
A) Aspirant writes a post about himself in certain circumstances
b) SoV Hero enters the scene and aids Aspirant
c) We will consider the aspirant's performance and invite him to visit the HQ.

Something like that.

For active members we will have training, spars and quests. Activity will count for both experience and fame. Alannon will be in charge of rating experience and I will rate fame.

Please, post your opinions regarding this quest.

TheBoogieMan, do not forget to make sure everybody reads this and participates. :) You are our communications man!

Salvage the Great
18th November 2005, 03:33 AM
as soon as my history is done, i have a few more years to type out then i will be able to send it too you via link, also when i am availible to post in the main thread, i will produce a story line that requires your attention in order to give me an evaluation

DJ_Magnavox
18th November 2005, 04:40 AM
At first, sorry for my personal inactivity. I had some personal and technical problems which had to be sorted out first.

Now, since that is clarified, let's move on. I want to wish every new member welcome at the SoV. I can not wait to test someone ;)

Next, Ali. Total agreement, and I want to volunteer at this point for one of the members who is allowed to evaluate. We should open a thread for that in the BA. If you want me to write it, I will, but PM me in that case ok?

Concidering your other requests/plans/wishes. I agree as well. (Easy person ain't I? :P)

Endymion
19th November 2005, 10:18 AM
sorry for my complete lack of posting. I said I would join in the recruit thread, and I will. Unfortunately, I'm backed up alot with various things in life and on the web. My character is getting pieced together bit by bit when I have the time (which isn't too often). If I have to go through an evaluation for my 100% lack of activity, I'm fine with it, so long as it's fairly quick.

Also, Ali, is it alright if I use Xora in my characters history? I want a valid reason to show up at the SoV headquarters, not just: "Hey look! Secret headquarters! Maybe they'll let me join they're team!"

AliDheren
19th November 2005, 12:24 PM
Xora is very, very weird char. It all depends on how are you planning to use her, really. Pm me about it or find me either in YM or MSN and we can discuss it. :)

I think that it would be nice to begin the evals with you. :)

Redtigerfang
19th November 2005, 01:34 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/Redtigerfang/sovworld.jpg

there i wanted to show this to ali

AliDheren
19th November 2005, 01:40 PM
I have to say it is a really cool Banner, Red... and it is cool to see you around.

I just wonder Why against the world? As far as I remember we are trying to do our best FOR it, right?

DJ_Magnavox
20th November 2005, 02:32 PM
Hey there Red, nice to see you again! Too bad you left:( Cool banner!

If you want me too Ali. I will eval him, but if you want yourself or Allanon do it, it is fine with me. If you do want me to do it, PM me with for the details ok?

Alannon
20th November 2005, 04:59 PM
Yo, red. Nice to see you again, and cool banner. You're welcome here, should you come back.

I'm Alannon, one L two N's, although the mistake is reasonable if you've read Terry Brooks. Also, I don't know that I can manage it right now, so I for one say you do the eval, DJ. Unless Ali wants to.

AliDheren
20th November 2005, 07:32 PM
Wow! That is another banner, Red. Not the first one you posted. Yet i like it too and I saved the first one.

Now, for this present time I rather have Alannon try on Im4evil. We are still checking on the system and we might want to add some stuff to it depending on how it evolves.
And there is still Salvage the Great to try so we will have lots of chance to eval and improve our systems.

I would like to know, as we are going know, how do you feel the activities we have now: Char interaction thread, the spar and HQ IC thread.

Alannon
20th November 2005, 09:57 PM
Ok, I'll do the evals, but i'll tell you right now that it'll be pretty sporadically done. It'd be better if we had someone else do it. But I will, all the same, if need be.

Personally, I'm not gonna comment on the activities; I'm a tad biased.

DJ_Magnavox
21st November 2005, 02:34 AM
Well, I like the current activities as well, we have a clan thread, a discussion thread(I still want to see the name of this thread changed) and a RP thread for a while.

Well, I am not going to tell you that you can ask me to do the evals again, but why not discuss it here, but there are some ideas I got for the system.

1. Powers test - the newcomer has to show what he wants to do with his powers.
2. Situation test - the newcomer has to fulfill a task, but it is completely up to him how he handles it. A RP, and a teamwork test. I.E. There is somebody emprisoned up in a high building. Now it is up to a non-flying hero to safe him/her. He can simply walk into the building and elimenate everybody that tries to kill him. Or he could use the one who is evaluating him to sneak through it and make as least kills as possible.
3.Heroism test - Give some examples and see how he/she would handle it.

AliDheren
21st November 2005, 12:44 PM
Those are really good ideas, DJ. And you are right. I'll send a pm to Legion asking him to change the name of the threads. I don't know how it is going to be but I am all messed up with both being HQ.

Nice work on Interaction Thread btw.

DJ_Magnavox
22nd November 2005, 02:23 AM
Indeed, and I like it this way. Now I know what I am posting in without having to read a previous post just to identify the thread. Well, good to have that sorted out. Anymore ideas about the evals?

Salvage the Great
22nd November 2005, 07:57 AM
there i finish my character and made an attempt to put it into my sig, i also sent it to AliDheren for further review

DJ_Magnavox
22nd November 2005, 08:02 AM
Looks pretty impressive, although I have no idea yet how the magic comes back in hardball. Oh well, we'll see right? ;)

AliDheren
22nd November 2005, 08:09 AM
Yes, I like it and I do want to see that char in action asap...
I will need to talk to Alannon about that.

Today is a bit hard for me guys so I will post my replies to our threads later. I hope you like my Eagle btw ;) any comments regarding him would be nice.

See ya :D

OK GUYS

THIS IS IMPORTANT:

In our Character interaction thread... please check your posts from 57-59.
There are some inconsistencies.

There is only 2 giants now. Eagle and Dzion took care of it turning it into stone/dust. So Flare's actions cannot be directed toward's a third giant. unless I bring back a fourth out of nothing... may be a solution

well... we are all learning, right?

DJ_Magnavox
23rd November 2005, 10:14 AM
I am a bit bored. Somebody who wants to spar with me? I want to show everyone what Canativus is up to, especially since he is almost dead in the char interaction thread, and nobody seems willing to help him. Help the poor soul you bastards! ;) You are suppost to be heroes fighting for good, but let your own brothers perish?

LoL!

AliDheren
23rd November 2005, 12:49 PM
Hey! I think that the eagle transformation was nice for Cuauhlti so he might spar you...
What do you think. Start the spar, please. I'm a bit busy today but I'll reply back asap.

Just keep in mind that I'll have to write short action posts because I'm in exams.

Salvage the Great
23rd November 2005, 01:07 PM
imade hardball the way he is for a reason, it will help me work writing my imagination with a challenge, and working with a disable so to speak character could heighten my abilities with a lot of practice.

So when can i make a post in the main thread, just curious??

Istar
23rd November 2005, 03:04 PM
Well...I'm feeling pretty stupid at this point. I totally forgot this thread even existed. Umm...I'm really sorry for all the inconsistencies I've caused, but Ali's right: we are all learning. Also, I'd like to note that Flare did help Canativus out back there! So it's not like I left him completely out.

I promise to share my ideas before I do them in this thread to avoid inconsistencies!

AliDheren
23rd November 2005, 10:06 PM
Do not worry Istar :) I was just pointing out to some stuff and we all have to be careful. Often I am in such a hurry that I just read over the posts, and I get the wrong impression, so I must read them again slowly.

Now I remember what my teachers used to say about vision. We have to "see" what we write, right?

I'm enjoying this lots, really.

Istar
26th November 2005, 09:32 AM
LOL, really? That's awesome! This is the whole reason why I rp in forums, because when I get into it I just have so much fun. That's really cool.

Anyways, I have a couple story ideas for later on that have to do with an internal conflict for my character. I have this whole idea about having Alex's mom being cloned, a Bracelet of the Moon to be the opposite of the Bracelet of the Sun, and all this kinda comes together in a really unexpected way. But, I don't think I'll spring it on anyone: the ideas aren't fully refined yet. On top of that, I don't think it would fit in the story for a while.

AliDheren
26th November 2005, 09:42 AM
I like those Ideas. :) Is there any other means to be in contact, Istar? In case you want to talk to me and I cannot post for any reason, you can reach me by msn or ym.

It is rare that I'm in AIM unless you need me to.

I definately like your char and I think we need to work on how your char is related to Dr. Genet.

Istar
26th November 2005, 09:59 AM
Yeah, I totally agree. I think that a few of our original mistakes have created something by which we can really work into a great story! Don't ya just love injinuity?

I hope you got my pm, it has my yahoo mail in it.

AliDheren
26th November 2005, 10:46 AM
Yes I did, now I am just waiting for you to accept me. :P grrr!

Well... this is going to be a strange, busy, awkward weekend for me as far as I'm able to perceive so... *sighs* I can't promise much activity. But we can plan a lot of stuff.

I wish I could talk to DJ and Alannon as well.

Salvage the Great
28th November 2005, 03:56 AM
hello all i am on and off here and there i haven't begun to design my first post yet as i have been a little busy and with it being a holiday haven't had time but i will likely start it sometime this week and get it on the boards sometime in the near future... That will be all for now just keeping everyone up to date with my status..

Tootals everyone and have a nice day

Krogothic
28th November 2005, 06:55 AM
Oh, speaking of quests, I plan to make something like a return to his origin-like quest for MR-147. He's gonna go back to the lab where he was created. Hostility: Very high. With the bounty on Archer, you're not gonna fight crime. Instead, Mercenaries with guns.

Reward: A new NPC to the SoV. Dr. John Raynolds. Expert on weaponry and high tech technology that will provide us with new toys every month. XD As well as some reputation boost.

AliDheren
28th November 2005, 08:02 AM
I really like the idea Krogothic. I hope we can talk about it in irc to settle some details about it and make it run as soon as possible.

Salvage we are waiting for Alannon to try you since he offered but he is busy at the moment. As soon as I talk to him, if I can find someone else to do it, I will.

As for the rest, please check the HQ thread. I gave you all a bit of activity ;)
Enjoy!

DJ_Magnavox
28th November 2005, 12:11 PM
You want to talk to me? First of all, I am sorry that I have not yet posted a spar for the two of us. Especially since you are someone where I can learn from, even RPing! But RL has kept me very busy. If you want to exchange e-mail adresses or something PM me, and I will respond, giving you all the info you need ok?

AliDheren
28th November 2005, 02:31 PM
PM sent. The idea is basically to talk about ideas within quests and such. Sometimes Alannon and I have "clan" meetings and it is useful when we all participate in certain topics.

Right now I'm concerned about who will try Hardball, I want Alannon to do it in the first place but he is kinda busy.

Please, do not forget guys... you have spars to do for training. Check the HQ thread.

Salvage the Great
28th November 2005, 05:33 PM
ithought that dj guy wanted to give it a go i mean after all there should be a challenge either way because i am just a ne newbie here

Krogothic
29th November 2005, 01:07 AM
Dude, i'll train ya, I'll try to teach you the basics of the Clan. MR-147 will be meeting you in a vast Warehouse. If you can pull off one, just ONE punch onto the face, you pass the exam. XD

Oh, and John Raynolds is MR-147's developer. he'll design various weapons and technology for all of us.

Salvage the Great
29th November 2005, 04:08 AM
my character isn't designed for short ranged combat, because of the fact that he is handicapped.

Anyways it probabyf won't be til this weekend before i can get anything going found out last night my temp job need me to come in most of the week. so odds are i will be pretty inactive this week until the weekend

DJ_Magnavox
29th November 2005, 05:59 AM
The link to my spar with Lehn is posted in the HQ thread. I chose another surrounding for our spar.

AliDheren
29th November 2005, 08:49 AM
Ok. Krogothic will take Hardball for the time being. I will keep a close eye on this since we are still trying some things on this system, so if you don't mind, I'll be doing some suggestions to you, Krogo, probably by irc or msn. If not, through PM.

Ok with the new surrounding DJ, but we will try to check on this stuff next time before actually doing it, agreed?

DJ_Magnavox
29th November 2005, 09:04 AM
No problem Ali, it was just something which I had in my mind last night, and I had to use it in a spar. Next time I will stick to your schedule ok? ;)

Alannon
30th November 2005, 03:44 PM
So, right....last week I was walking down the street, and I stumbled into a completely different universe where there were seven dimensions and yellow elephant monkeys flew around on psychadellic cats. I just got back.

Anyways...now for the real reason I've been gone. I had a death in the family and needed to take care of some stuff, like going to the funeral and whatnot.

Krogothic
30th November 2005, 09:06 PM
Edit: Ehh, wut da fuk. Looks like the trip has been delayed, I'l be making the thread as soon as possible.

DJ_Magnavox
1st December 2005, 12:57 AM
Ouch, I am sorry to hear that Allanon, and RL is always more important then GUA. If you do not post for a while, we all assume that it has something to do with RL. Everyone has moments of decreased activity once in a while. But I do think that the least you can do is post why you were less active and you did. I hope we will see you more often now.

AliDheren
2nd December 2005, 12:40 PM
Guys... I'm not a hit when it comes to banner design but I did this one for SoV... I'll try new ones but it may work. I liked the "comic" suggestion.

Here is the link:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/AliDheren/SoV/SoVnew5.jpg

It has 31kb so be careful with your sig limits if you use it.

DJ_Magnavox
2nd December 2005, 12:55 PM
For some kind of reason, Lehn does not seem to post in our spar.
CALL FOR LEHN. EARTH CALLING LEHN!!

There is a link for you in the HQ thread. Please follow it to get to our spar. Let's get ready to rumble! I am dying to try Canativus out. I let him get injured in the char intro thread not for nothing you know? ;)

I'm gonna surpris u all! Whahaha. uhum..:)

AliDheren
2nd December 2005, 01:01 PM
That is true! I have to make a thread for Flare (Istar Magus) btw he is going against Abs in a tourney... oh my!

*giggles*

Alannon
2nd December 2005, 11:13 PM
Arg, I'll go yell at Lehn...He's just being lazy. I should be back after this weekend; still have some stuff to deal with...

DJ_Magnavox
3rd December 2005, 05:54 AM
Great, I will wait for his reply for a little longer then. In the mean time, are there any concrete ideas regarding the evals yet?

Salvage the Great
3rd December 2005, 02:44 PM
well even though i said i wasn't going to be able to post in the spar or what ever it is called it is in the BA section, but there is no link here for it nor was any pm or what not sent to me to tell me to post there nothing. If i didn't just happen to look there i would have never known it was there,but not i have to rush my post to get one to post there and i haven't even started , i have been working alot of over time at work and pretty much had no time for anything else

P.s.

I did post in the spar thing

AliDheren
3rd December 2005, 08:54 PM
Guys...
a member of my family is going to surgery tomorrow. It is a risky one. It depends on how she does if I'll be able to stay online soon or not...

I'll try to come around as often as I can.

Keep us in your prayers.

DJ_Magnavox
4th December 2005, 02:02 PM
Alright Ali, I will think about the two of you. (I do not pray, but since it is a risky one, I will surely think about it.) I hope everything turns out right. Good luck and all the strength that you all need. I hope to hear from you soon.

Guys, has anyone of you seen ány form of activity from Lehn lately. I do not know what you have done Al, but it did not help. I will sent him a PM myself as well, but if that does not help, I guess I am open for another spar...

Somebody who shows any form of interest atm?

Krogothic
4th December 2005, 07:31 PM
Argh! I am going on leave now. This time I'm finnaly going to visit my relatives. So I might be back in.... I say.... maybe next monday? I'll try. Maybe I might find an online area to connect back to you guys. :D

DJ_Magnavox
5th December 2005, 01:48 AM
No problem Krog. Very pollite that you post here to report your absence. This is surely appreciated. Have fun, and I hope to see you soon.

Salvage the Great
5th December 2005, 04:00 AM
So does that mean he isn't going to be back for a week even thought he made me hurry up and post in the spar after i told everyone that i wouldn't be able to post hardly at all until this week

DJ_Magnavox
5th December 2005, 04:38 AM
Well in that case it seems your spar will not start untill next week then, too bad! Calm down, it just a freaking game!!

But if you want to do some RPing, we could spar. Unfortuntaly you have no ordinary BA char, for I want one of my BA chars to get a bit more active! And Canativus is already taken... Hmm.. sees we have a problem here ;)

Alannon
6th December 2005, 08:38 PM
Ok, Lehn's out of the group. So, someone should fill in for him in that spar. I suppose I should really get my ass in gear again and start RPing again...sorry that I've been out of it lately, but more crap keeps happening. I swear I'll get going again soon! I really will!

AliDheren
6th December 2005, 11:05 PM
Same goes with me. I'll stay put though :)

Sorry guys. Family matters are really killing me but I'll survive enough to keep work up.

Hey Istar, I did not get your e-mail.

DJ_Magnavox
7th December 2005, 06:01 AM
Okay Ali, no problem, and the same goes for you Al, I will keep track of things while the two of you are gone. Is there anyone who want to take Lehn his place in my spar?

AliDheren
7th December 2005, 09:50 AM
why don't you invite hardball, he was still to be tested anyway

DJ_Magnavox
7th December 2005, 09:53 AM
I believe Hardball has a spar going on with Archer if I am not mistaken. So I guess that is still not possible :( Unless he wants to ofcourse. Well, salvage??

AliDheren
7th December 2005, 10:26 AM
oh it is ok then... see??? I'm lost. Hey Istar I'm still wating for your e-mail. btw... there were almost no paints about the time of the spaniards and the aztecs but I decided to let you go and add the story if Tonatiuh.

There is, indeed, a spaniard named Pedro Núńez de Alvarado who was called Tonatiuh, like the God of Sun by the mexicas because he was terribly blonde. He gained the love of the people but during a ceremony he movilized the warriors and killed everybody. Including children and women, of course. It was cruel but one can hardly blame him if you know that the ceremony included some of the Xipe Totec figures and it was devoted to Huitzilopochtli, their bloodier War God...

Here a link if any of you is interested (and want to know who Cuauhtli may be ;) )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Massacre_in_the_Main_Temple

Salvage the Great
7th December 2005, 03:21 PM
I don't mind but just start posting in the spar i am already in because i didn't write down anything i wrote that day so i don't want to rewrite it because it is an interesting intro.

DJ_Magnavox
8th December 2005, 01:06 AM
I will write a new one, more in the setting of Ali her imagination since she was kinda pissed because I wrote something else then she wanted. Well it is not that bad, but you get my point. Once I have finished it, I will post the link both here and in the main SOV thread. It can take a while though, got a big test comming up and I need to study. I will get it done asap.

Salvage the Great
9th December 2005, 03:39 AM
Really all you have to do is continue where i left off from in the spar i am. I left it way wide open for any possibilities. The post i put is like a link to hardball's past and i don't really think other members should miss out on what happens or should not read it just because of my challenger seems to be on vacation. That is if it is much of a challenge in the first place.

DJ_Magnavox
9th December 2005, 04:09 AM
Well, since it is a thread for and Krog, I can not post in there or it will probably result in a warning from one of the mods. So I will have to make a new thread. If you do not want to miss your spar, you should keep on waiting. Make a decision. But remember, every thread you post in, should have a link with your past.

AliDheren
9th December 2005, 08:35 AM
ok... this was my mistake since i was unaware of the actual thread of krogo/salvage...
Please, link your posts here. just pms to alannon or me is not enough since we may lack of communication.

either way, one thing may be your spar with krogo, salvage and another yours with dj... activity is good if you agree...

as i think i told you, i want to see your char in action. it's challenging. Lehn's was. i'm sorry he left.

Istar
9th December 2005, 09:43 AM
Sorry, i thought they would've had paintings like that. I know the Maya had paintings like that, I've seen some documentaries where they show them. Didn't the Maya come after the Aztec? I'll have to google it or something. :( Even so, it is an entertaining story device.

AliDheren
9th December 2005, 10:51 AM
well, no, actually mayans are a bit older than mexicans though there are many phases and they are contemporary in the last mayan phase, when they lived in Yucatan. There are some records of the conquest in mexican codex indeed, but not depicted in temples. they were written in parchments.

anyway, i liked the idea of a secret temple holding the curse of a traitor beholder of tonatiuh's powers. ;)

As for Aztec pantheon, they are like greek... fight a lot among them ;)

Salvage the Great
9th December 2005, 02:19 PM
Ok i will give you the link to the spar and i will also take on this dj guy as well, i have no fear of the hidden beast within these embodiments

Spar (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=30636)

AliDheren
9th December 2005, 02:26 PM
Ok now... I seriously suggest this to stay on Archer's ground unless he decides Canativus can participate as well. Sorry DJ. It was my fault.

Salvage the Great
9th December 2005, 03:07 PM
well i guess thats that, i guess you will have to wait your turn then DJ. Don't everyone go after the new guy at once... HAHaha

Alannon
9th December 2005, 04:16 PM
Ok, here's my post for a couple days. Even more crap still coming up...Christmas isn't the best time for my family and I. So, anyways, I'll keep on posting...but I doubt it'll relate to the clan much...

Salvage the Great
11th December 2005, 05:10 AM
i think Krog is back now well i saw him for online, well his name anyways here this morning

AliDheren
11th December 2005, 10:07 AM
I'm keeping an eye of your participation. Both of you, please, read each other actions.
o.O

It seems like you are in different threads! In one, jack is being attacked by a stranger, in other, Archer is just there to try Jack. What is going on there?

Salvage the Great
11th December 2005, 12:23 PM
he said he was in a ware hous eso i figure that he probably don't know me for one and for an exciting intro he can have a glimpse of my power as he watch or participate in the oncoming battle

AliDheren
11th December 2005, 12:40 PM
I can make Dzion enter and watch-interact if needed, but I don't want to make things worse. I do believe you need to get to an agreement on what are you going to do...

Archer, you are right when it comes to suggest not to use wft and rofl and such in a writing, and in a way you settled a certain intro that Salvage did not quite followed but you could adapt your next post to his action, not ignore it... as far as I read, the guy was sent against a wall, almost unconcious when all of the sudden you appear next to him and give him a bunch of interesting tasks...

I mean, both posts are really nice but neither has to do with the other!

Salvage the Great
11th December 2005, 02:39 PM
for my first post i felt just appearing in a warehouse, to join a sg, which my character really doesn't know he has powers to begin with is a gay way to put it, the setting he gave me to work with was very poorly done and could have been more thought out. so for the most part. I say we say fuck that spar and give me someone more worth my value to the team, Like Ali or Alannon

DJ_Magnavox
11th December 2005, 02:47 PM
Allright, I came dropping in here and I noticed a lot of communication while I was absent for the weekends. Just wind it down. What should be done now, who do I spar and when?

Krogothic
11th December 2005, 07:56 PM
Yes, I'm back. And my mind wasn't working properly when I made the post, plus I just came back from the trip. Felt more relaxed, so I think I can do a better post later.

RE-EDIT: I wasn't thinking properly when I did this post as well. Therefore, I'm going to have to explain a few things. Please, it's a freaking spar. Not a quest. Something like your post, Salvage, is more suited to a quest intro rather than a simple introduction to the spar. If you please edit that post, I can get a clearer picture. Please, Spar intros don't have to be exciting. They can be simple greetings. But that one is just completely (SHIBBLETAPIES) up.

And yes. I'm not comfortable with the F words. So ignore it for the love of holy jesus.

DJ_Magnavox
12th December 2005, 03:03 AM
Wel Krog, a good RPer writes a good intro to every thread he posts in. Even spars should have a decent opening at least. Allright, his one went maybe a bit over decent, but that is a plus point, not something to crack down on. Just read it well, and if you have questions, PM the lad or post it in here!

So Salvage, go ahead with these great openings!!

Alannon
12th December 2005, 03:38 PM
Yeah, keep up the good posts. The more you try to make them good, the better you'll become over all. Just keep in mind that it's best to make them high quality and short than low quality and long. Anyways, there's my tidbit for now. I'm off back into the real world again >.<
Grrr...I hate finals.

Krogothic
16th December 2005, 12:33 AM
Meh. Sorry. I'm just too lazy to read horribly long posts, as well as one without proper coma usage and everything screws up my mind. +.+ I'm not going to do that again. Maybe later. I just need more coffee.... +_+;;

DJ_Magnavox
16th December 2005, 04:50 AM
Well, you should read everything, even posts with not correct grammar. But well, lets get it back on track here, if you want to discuss this, do it via PM with Salvage.

I still have no responce on who to spar. So who should I spar now Lehn is gone?

AliDheren
16th December 2005, 07:27 AM
Dunno... we should move and get more people in... Or we will be inactive really soon.

Istar Magus, I replied to your thread.

A friend and I have been working in some npc villains to fight and all so I do really want to have us going because it is time to set a nice quest.

Lets get moving guys!!!

DJ_Magnavox
16th December 2005, 08:35 AM
Ok, well lets get that quest ready as well, I mean we should get activity up, and the best way is by showing our selves. Those who are sparring can spar at the same time right? Or else let them forget about it, and spar later, I dunno..

AliDheren
16th December 2005, 03:49 PM
Yeah i think that is true. We can spar each other in a more active way. Do you want a Dzion-Canativus spar? It could prove interesting and challenging to me. Dzion is quite hard to describe. It would help me a lot.

You set it and I'll follow.

DJ_Magnavox
17th December 2005, 03:20 AM
Well, it will be difficult for the both of us. But I agree, I never back down out of a good challenge :)

I will set up a thread about monday, unless you have done it before. (Or are you allready RPing with Dzion?)

Salvage the Great
17th December 2005, 06:38 AM
what are you talking about there was nothing wrong with that post don't even go there. There is no need for me to put anymore comas in there or anything all my posts are done on microsoft word so i am pretty sure it is politically more correct than you, unless of course your like a gramar teacher or something.
Besides i am going to go post there to modify the situation so you don't even have to worry about the last post Krog... No problem.. i will just make the post a little shorter so you comprehend it.

AliDheren
17th December 2005, 06:58 AM
not yet DJ, you know Dzion... it is just a creepy lurker.

and talking about lurking... It is a noble thing that you change your post to go on with the spar, Salvage, but Krogo already admitted he was distracted and not at his best.

Do not wind up any problem. Show your value in the spar.

I'm nobody to talk abouk English grammar here for known reasons so... let's keep this clan as a place to have fun.

PD... alannon, will you post in the official thread for an encounter with Dr. Genet.

PD2. Boogie, where are you man?

PD3. Don't let your spars die guys.

PD4... get ready. A quest is comming.

PD5... invite more people over.

PD5... I begun to wonder if SoV chars should or could train in BA for elements if they have *magic* or not. We should discuss this.

Alex Ferguson... where are you?

Salvage the Great
17th December 2005, 07:15 AM
well he started it and said my gramar was incorrect and he can't even spell metallic correctly so i am pretty sure, he is in the wrong not I. Well at least i read his post, he said he was too lazy to read mine.

Happy birthday Alannon

AliDheren
17th December 2005, 10:50 AM
Hey! True! Happy Birthday Alannon :D

Your post is ok... let's see if this runs as it has to now.

New stuff guys: I did new banners since people begun to complain with the size of mines, so here they are attached.

Links to them:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/AliDheren/SoV/SoVmini-2.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/AliDheren/SoV/sovmini4.jpg

here is another but I like it less...
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a118/AliDheren/SoV/sovmini3.jpg

Alannon
17th December 2005, 05:40 PM
Hah, I forgot that it says my birthday...well, thanks!

Let me see here....I'll post ASAP, but I don't know when that'll be...but since I'm out for the holidays, I should be able to within the next day or two.

Nice banners, but I'm gonna keep mine. Too lazy to change my signature right now.

As for letting them train...do you mean let all of them train, regardless of magic abilities, or let those with magical abilities train? I personally found that hard to figure out, although it might just be the fact that I'm pretty much out of it...

AliDheren
17th December 2005, 06:04 PM
The training question, well I meant... I was thinking about what could happen if I train Cuahutli in dark, for example...

Not long ago, someone was checking on one of our SoV chars and was worried about some descriptions. It is clear that the universe we think about in SoV is a bit different than the general BA. This is something worthy to think about... I mean... Canativus could learn bio, for example but I don't imagine Archer with an element.

Well those were my worries concerning the relation of SoV and BA

DJ_Magnavox
18th December 2005, 02:00 PM
Well, it could be possible in the way you put it, but I am against it. We could set up a SoV training thread though where only the SoV members can train to improve their chars. This does not only require a lot of creativity from the trainees, but the members as well since every char is so completely different...

But I do not think that the SoV and the BA in its current form are exchangeable. You do not post with a sith warlord in a magical quest do you?

Alannon
19th December 2005, 06:42 AM
I don't think we should let them. Even if we limited the training to only the magic users, our way of using it is still far too different from the rest of the BA to allow mixing of the two in that way. I agree with DJ; we should make a thread specifically for SoV training.

Istar
19th December 2005, 06:45 AM
I've got exams and I have a clan I'm helping to start up, so I'm sorry if I'm not active for the rest of the week. But I'll catch up next week.

Salvage the Great
19th December 2005, 03:51 PM
I don't realy care which way the ball turns, training or no training make no diff to me. But if we where to do it only one way i would say get a training thread for just the SOV, just from what i read on the magic here in the can, it says you can take one power of any catagory and convert it to a magic purpose, wouldn't that be just like everyone elses powers in a way...

Thats all i have.. Later

AliDheren
19th December 2005, 04:03 PM
Well, about that specifical thread, the Char interaction thread was leading to that purpose. So I agree that we must have a training thread. I also see this important because the training spars did not evolve. I saw no one advancing any further...

I'll write the thread as soon as I can. I just need comitment from all of you guys. I don't care if we are slow posters as long as we actually work.

Krogo, we are waiting for your quest :)

This is a special week anyway so good luck to all that have exams and think of us those that have vacations. If you got a new game console or something... hey! be serious and don't abandon us until you get tired of it. >.<

Salvage the Great
19th December 2005, 04:58 PM
ther ei made my next post in the spar so it is on to krog's post. oh by the way at the end of this week and into the next week i will be gone for holiday

AliDheren
19th December 2005, 06:06 PM
woot! and a nice post indeed. Well, things are moving.

Enjoy Holidays those who have it ;)

Yours as well Istar. I'll try to post back right away, don't worry and post whenever you can.

Endymion
20th December 2005, 05:11 AM
alright, I'm back, though most of you probably don't remember me in the first place. Just a quick refresher: I was the guy that had almost no time whatsoever to do his character, posted that here, and essentially disappeared. Well, I'm back, with a completed character and alot more tme. If anyone wants to see my character, he can be found here:

http://im4evil.byethost4.com/characters/spectre.htm

DJ_Magnavox
20th December 2005, 05:26 AM
Pretty cool, want to spar against Canativus??

Endymion
20th December 2005, 03:36 PM
I need to subscribe to this thread. I only just noticed that reply.

Sure, DJ. I'll spar you, though it will be an interesting fight, if phisical objects barely affect my character. I'll post in the main thread soon, and we can go from there, I guess.

AliDheren
20th December 2005, 03:55 PM
Well, this is really great :D

I will keep an eye to you both guys! I am really interested in how Spectre unfolds in action.

I will be there as Dzion, just looking, ok?

Please, im4evil, post in the official thread as well so we can give you the proper welcome to the clan.

Endymion
20th December 2005, 07:46 PM
alright, I got the post up. Sorry for the wait.

AliDheren
20th December 2005, 11:33 PM
Woot! I liked it a lot. :D I'll post the reply tomorrow because it is late and i have a bit of stuff to do... *sighs*

:D Hey im4evil... I have an idea for xora-spectre... do you have MSN or YM so we can chat about it?

Salvage the Great
21st December 2005, 02:25 PM
I am here once more where is everyone, sheesh you tell them your going to be away for the weekend and no one stays on when your here...

AliDheren
21st December 2005, 03:35 PM
Well, this is not an easy week, mr. salvage. Do you have me on your acquintances list btw? This way you know if I'm online or not.

I think I'll reply to both im4evil and krogo's posts later tonight since i have to run some errands this afternoon.

Don't forget to paste the link to your spar with im4evil, DJ. I'm looking forward to read it.

Istar
21st December 2005, 04:14 PM
w00t Exams are over!! *Does a happy dance* Okay, back to regimented role-playing! Ali, I'm ready when you are.

Alannon
21st December 2005, 06:43 PM
Okay, since my life is only getting worse, if possible, i'm handing the reigns over to Ali for now. If she says something, it's law. I'll be back when my life's improved some...and for now just set Noparton aside...unless someone wants to play him.

Salvage the Great
21st December 2005, 07:45 PM
i am kind of curious about some of the stuff in the main thread, well when i look at the clan stuff i only see this thread and not the main thread am i suppose to see the main thread or am i just not worthy.

AliDheren
21st December 2005, 07:46 PM
Well then law is that Noparton is out in an extremely important mission, but this is his clan and his home. Be sure to participate whenever you feel like, Alannon and don't worry.

;)

(Me worries! *giggles*)

Now I will need all your help guys! :D

erm... of course you are worthy Salvage... dunno what you mean. You are added in the main thread.

Salvage the Great
21st December 2005, 07:51 PM
what i mean is that i don't even see the place where the main thread is at, wasn't it called the battle arena clans or something like that,but all i see are the miscellaneous clans forum and not the other one.

Nvm i didn't see that they moved it to the battle arena

DJ_Magnavox
22nd December 2005, 04:04 AM
Canativus VS Spectre (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?p=574543#post574543)

Follow the link im4evil!

Spirits of Vengeance HQ (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?p=574544#post574544) Here ya go Salvage, follow the link ;)

Salvage the Great
22nd December 2005, 04:17 AM
I will come up with something to put there after this spar is done or some time after the holiday. So good luck to everyone and enjoy the holiday

Endymion
22nd December 2005, 02:06 PM
DJ. That was rather a fast welcome. I expected a little more, but I guess your anxious for a spar, so I'll go along with it.

Istar
28th December 2005, 12:41 PM
Can anyone say random vacations? I was wisked off to Philly to see my family over the first part of break. Sorry if you thought I was dead.

Alannon
28th December 2005, 06:45 PM
Haha, with all the downtime the people in this clan have had, I doubt anyone actually notices anymore...well, all the same, welcome back. Hopefully you had a good time.

Salvage the Great
2nd January 2006, 02:34 PM
I was just wondering if Krog still remembered that we were in a spar, if not than, i am lost with no trial happening or if he does remember could he post so we can get on with it.

AliDheren
2nd January 2006, 02:41 PM
Which makes me remember I must go on with Istar Magus :D Sorry for delay!!!!

BTW... Guys are we going on with the Char Interaction Thread or what?

Krogo, we are just waiting for your quest as well.

I know it is winter but let's not have the clan chilled! MOVE ON! *CRACKS WHIP*
:whip::whip::whip:

DJ_Magnavox
3rd January 2006, 03:32 AM
I suggest we leave the Character Interaction Thread for what it is. Krog, get that quest up ASAP!

Alannon
3rd January 2006, 11:36 AM
Ok, the Interaction thread does seem to be pretty much DOA, so I suppose leave it as is for now. I'd make a quest myself, but I'm not quite that back yet. Oh, yeah, I'm back as far as RPing goes, at least for now.

DJ_Magnavox
3rd January 2006, 11:50 AM
Well, I would like to start writing a quest. I will start on it right away and if Krog posts his first, mine can always follow up. I do need some ideas though and I want you all to contribute on that.

I was thinking of introducing an arch rival for the SoV, so we need a character for him, if we are going to use it. He has a lot of minions etc so there should be enough fighting for all of us.

Istar
3rd January 2006, 03:13 PM
I like that idea. Go ahead and post any ideas you think would work.

My ideas:

Probably some sort of polar opposite to Dr. Genet: Brilliant, but a maniac bent on destruction. Using advanced technology the person could attempt to replicate the SoV or perhaps just develop their own force of bad guys.

Alannon
3rd January 2006, 07:39 PM
Hmmm...this is getting pretty cool. And if we get this arch rival thing big enough, we can ask someone to head an opposing clan. Reminds me of the...well, damn, forgot their name...remember 'em anyone? Superhero group here a couple years back...anyways, I like this so far. Any volunteers to start work on the character? If not, then Ali and I can take care of that.

AliDheren
3rd January 2006, 08:44 PM
I have already been planning the villains part myself... well not just by myself. There is someone else backing me up for he has all the creativity for this. We have been talking about some possible villains, their powers, kinds of actions etc... I just want to have my group well packed.

Where is TheBoogieMan? We need to contact all the members to see what is going on with the trainings.

Alannon
3rd January 2006, 08:56 PM
Boogie seems rather missing right now...hopefully he shows up again soon.

And good, Ali. Glad to see that you've kept the place moving. Thanks.

AliDheren
7th January 2006, 07:38 PM
Guys guys guys...

I'm still around. I have a little thing to care for and it is keeping me a little busy so I have to organize myself a bit better but I'll be there.

Istar... a task: read about Alvarado and the "jump" he did on a certain river. You may find that info in the wiki.

DJ_Magnavox
8th January 2006, 07:22 AM
My ideas:

Probably some sort of polar opposite to Dr. Genet: Brilliant, but a maniac bent on destruction. Using advanced technology the person could attempt to replicate the SoV or perhaps just develop their own force of bad guys

This was something I thought of first as well. But I immediatly put that idea aside. Especially now you came with it. (No insult, but it proves how unoriginal it is.)

Lets do something original, where there are baddies involved ofcourse. Almost every superhero has a set enemy with a personal army of other bad guys. I was thinking of something more complicated with a very deep complot theory which would take several quests to learn about. Then we have our first set enemy with his personal army. Do two more quests, and he is defeated. Once we have defeated him, we find a small trace of another complot theory with other baddies somehow linked to the previous bad guy. And so on. This way we always fight new enemies, with their own specialties. This can go on for ever and stay interesting as long as we can come up with new enemies.

I like the idea of an enemy clan as well, and we can do that as well. We could even set up a super quest where both clans have to work together to defeat the uber baddy :)

What do you guys think of this?

AliDheren
8th January 2006, 11:36 AM
That is quite something... I'm even thinking about a funny idea... what if we develop our own villain chars.
So, instead of just creating another clan and duplicating our tasks, we could have a hero and a villain.

They, of course, will have to be approved within the limits of the SoV.

If this works we should have to negotiate each story OOC, have some story developers and the headmaster(s) approval when a quest/spar/fight comes out.

Let's put up a suggestion line within this... as I'm "thinking out loud" I'll summarize my own suggestions:

1. A "villain team" within the SoV clan, run by the SoV rpg'ers.
2. For the present time, i consider wise to limit each member to have one hero, one villain. Important is to have at least one hero. (No chance to have only one or just villains. That chance would have to be studied if this plan works).
3. Villains will have the chance to post ic'ly in the clan's official thread their threats and schemes.
4. Rpg'ers that have a villain and want to develop a story, have to talk with the present headmaster(s) (Ali Dheren for the present time) via pm, msn, ym, so we settle the conditions for the story OOC.
5. Headmaster may grant a certain member the title of "Master Villain" this, of course, will be kept under the supervision of the Headmaster.

More ideas will come up.

If you wonder why this makes me so enthusiastic, well, I believe that heroes grow in adversity. :)

Suggestion: do not create your villains agains your own heroes. That could happen but I suggest you not to. Be open minded and creative so we can make this really fun and challenging!

IMPORTANT: Do not turn rivalry against your "hero/villain" into something beyond IC or you both may be expelled from SoV (I know this is hard to happen but better to be stated right away, no complaints later.)

PS: Headmaster has the right to introduce unexpected NPC rivals and plots or to grant a member that chance under strict supervision.

It is important to add: I think we still have a lot to develop as a single clan to even think about creating another. First we have to strengthen ourselves as we are. I believe that if this idea develops properly, we will be able to split and make a villains clan, but for the present time the best is to keep all things within this "walls".

DJ_Magnavox
8th January 2006, 11:44 AM
Personally I can not get really enthusiastic about this idea, because I feel that the SoV is heroes only. And if a villain would say something in the official clan thread, it would mean that it is possible that he is inside the HQ and then everyone will jump on him and have a massive RPG battle in the clan thread.

Although I see the potential of your idea, I think there are a lot of problems with this. Members who create villains who are clearly opposites of other chars etc. etc. And there is hardly any way to practice with those characters. I am having a hard time with Canativus already :)

We could make some kind of mixture between your proposal and mine though which I feel that should work, and we do not end up fighting the same characters all the time. Something which I want to prevent.

We could have all members think up of one villain for every singe quest in the story line I proposed. The only rule is that they have to make a new one every time we have a new quest. Instead of giving every char its own thread in the char db, we could post his (shortened) details in the first post of every quest. This way we always fight new chars and have to find different ways to defeat them. Which holds the SoV versatile.

So Ali, what do you think about this?

AliDheren
8th January 2006, 11:46 AM
Not a bad idea either. As any brainstorm I suggest to let the ideas run wild for a while and see where they take us.

DJ_Magnavox
8th January 2006, 11:51 AM
Indeed. But I have to emphasise this for the last time. Try to create something as versatile as possible. Both the ideas from both Ali and Istar were in their core very good. But try to imagine that you fight the same characters all the time. In my eyes that is a bit boring. And this is the danger their ideas had. Well, time for some input from the other members now....

Alannon
9th January 2006, 11:04 AM
Alright...let's see what I can come up with.

We do need something that's versatile and able to change easily and quickly. If we can come up with something able to change, then we're part of the way there. Then it needs to be able to incorporate new ideas into, which is part of the changing, really. I like the ideas put forth already, but, like all ideas they have their weak points. I agree that we should wait for quite a while before attempting to make a second clan; that's more of a long term idea. However, I would still prefer to have people make and run our villians, instead of having them be simple NPC's. Perhaps a melding of ideas in order here. The villians, I think, should be run by our members. They should follow the design principles that are set down for the heroes. However, they won't be able to post in our clan RP thread, because, as has been said, that is a major breach of security that shouldn't happen. Hmmm...Well, my mind just went blank, so I'm going to leave it at that for now.

DJ_Magnavox
9th January 2006, 11:31 AM
Yes, well as I replied to Ali her post.. Why not let the members make different baddies in every single quest and let them to be RPed by that member. This way your battle will be at two fronts, one for your hero, one for your baddie which faces another member of the SoV. So you will not be fighting your own baddie. That requires good RPing from every single member. And I do agree that the baddies should be within the rules of SoV

AliDheren
9th January 2006, 06:01 PM
Well DJ, I'm thinking a bit about this and I don't see the problem in having good old ever-bad guys... As far as I see things right now some are having trouble with their good guys.

What I mean is I understand the versatile part but i don't really like the lack of compromise we already have.

At this point I'd suggest a beta, I mean, we could let someone create a baddy for a quest/spar whatever and then see how it works.

DJ_Magnavox
11th January 2006, 04:11 AM
Yes, we could do that. I am never to lasy to think of one. So if you want me to, PM me and I will write one up. Just a simple thing though, nothing more. :)

Istar
14th January 2006, 03:25 PM
Well, I suppose that each one of us could create a kind of Archnemesis. I personally have been recently working on a rival for Flare, but it'll be some time before I'm ready to use that idea. Unless of course we've already decided on something different.

Ali- Do you want me to redo my other post? I haven't looked into this thread since the last time I posted and just now read your request about the river story.

AliDheren
14th January 2006, 03:50 PM
oh no, not at all, it is ok as it is. I have been thinking my reply since I want to do something nice mixing a bit of history and our own story. It is just about some legends concerning Alvarado and his misterious death.

I'll try to write it this weekend. Sorry for delay.

Alannon
14th January 2006, 05:42 PM
Hmmm...an archnemesis for everyone in the clan...that'd be interesting. Now I'm wondering what Noparton's will be like. I suppose I'll go start thinking one up...Oh, and, things're about as normal as they're gonna get for me, so I'm officially back. I doubt I'll hit my previous activity, back when the clan was fresh, but I'll be around more, and I'll be RPing and whatnot again.

AliDheren
14th January 2006, 06:56 PM
If what you say is true, Alannon, please accept your position as Headmaster next to me :) I need you

Alannon
14th January 2006, 09:19 PM
Why thank you. I'll actually keep the position this time, I hope. Now to go get back into Noparton again...anyone up for a spar? Or do I have one open somewhere...