PDA

View Full Version : Movies Escaflowne

Ganks
4th September 2004, 05:03 PM
great anime, wish it would return. i loved the char. detail and the story was excelent

Dari
5th September 2004, 12:13 AM
Its really tight. I watched the movie, Vision of Escaflowne and it was simply jaw-dropping gorgeous and had heavy appeal. I've never been much into medieval/fantasy anime but this one really drew me into it. Great character detail,music was simply fantastic. I liked the movie better then the series.

Terra
5th September 2004, 01:18 AM
I only saw the anime, and not the movie as of yet, and I have to say that it is DEFINATELY near the top of my list (however short it may be). Although I do have to point out that I REALLY dislike that girl. It's been awhile though, and I can't remember her name. "Oh, I want to go home!" YOU'RE EXPERIENCING THE BEST THING THAT COULD EVER HAPPEN TO MOST OF US ON THIS PLANET! LET ME TAKE YOUR SPOT! TAKE ADVANTAGE! Geez...

FireBlade2003
5th September 2004, 02:39 AM
What did you guys think about Fox stopping the distribution of the dubbed version because of the content of the anime?

More details ahead but I warn you of spoilers:

Fox aired Escaflowne up until the a few episodes prior to the discovery that Allan Chazard had an affair with somebody. Such content could not obviously be shown on a children's cartoon so they shut it down. Or that's what I hear, as they were censoring the blood and gore already.

Ganks
5th September 2004, 12:08 PM
buy some of the episodes and watch them uncensored. There is so many better things. kinda like bebop. T.V. shows nothing, u have to buy them yourself

Dari
5th September 2004, 02:26 PM
You could also just, you know...download it illegially too. That's what most people do too. In any case, I never really finished watching the series because I first saw it on Fox till it was discontinued.

Mousyman
5th September 2004, 04:05 PM
What is Escaflowne about? The name has a wierd sort of appeal to it, and I've been tempted to buy the first manga any time I see it. I'd really like to hear more about it before I go get it though...

Mecha? Sci-Fi? Fantasy? What catagory would you say it falls into?

FireBlade2003
5th September 2004, 05:46 PM
Mecha, Sci-fi, action, drama, and fantasy I would say...

It touches on all of those. It's basically about a young king who takes on the responsibility of governing only to lose it all, and is now out of revenge.

Dari
5th September 2004, 05:59 PM
The movie was probably better set out in terms of plot and personas for the characters then the actual series.

Mousyman
5th September 2004, 07:36 PM
>.< Alright, I'll read the mangas and buy the movie then <if the library doesn't have it.>

Ganks
5th September 2004, 09:42 PM
good man. i need to buy some of the mangas. I love escaflowne with a passion.

it is a very good anime, should never have left, just like omved to cartoon networks adult swim or sumting

Pustolio
5th September 2004, 11:21 PM
the same thing with rurouni kenshin, i was first introdcued to this anime while visiting my cousins in the philippines. however, it was in tagalog (philippino langauage) so i had absolutely no idea what was going on. but the action and animation... i was quite impressed. i guess ill check for the mangas first then try out the full anime series (since i never saw it on fox or whatver station it was put on)

Zircon
16th September 2004, 07:59 PM
I saw only two episodes of Escaflowne. Geez, all I really remember is that there was a guy with wings and a girl that ran funny. Funnily. Whatever...

I wish I could have paid more attention to the clock, so I could've watched more...

I also have a friend who has watched the whole series... I should ask her... where can I get it... though she won't know... and will reply "Anywhere but here..."

sin
16th September 2004, 09:16 PM
I've seen basically up to episode 21 and the movie all uncensored. But basically its kinda like adult anime since it kinda has those nude moments and all. So ya.

But did this ever end, with a true ending? Like where shows have series finale.

cesar
17th September 2004, 09:32 AM
You know what happens with Anime endings...always open (if possible), to give the opportunity to make a continuation....and a continuation...and a continuation. Fortunately , in this case itīs the series and nothing else afterwards (i know thereīs the movie , but you know what i mean).

I watched the whole series (or nearly). It was aired here uncensored ( but in a cable TV channel). More than nudity , the problem would be Allenīs story and so on.

Touch_of_Death
26th September 2004, 09:53 AM
truely one of the best anime series a saw so far. I heard the movie isn't as good as the serie, because it is an other writer. Still great serie.

sin
4th October 2004, 03:32 PM
Well just found out that the total series of escaflowne goes up to only 26. Since i went up to 21 I'm thinking about buying the dvds of escaflowne 22-26.
And to me the movie basically summarizes the whole series if I remember correctly.

Touch_of_Death
7th October 2004, 10:40 AM
Well it is a very expencife serie. Well in my country it is very expencife, maybe because I life on the other part of the world than Japan.

Joe
10th October 2004, 01:22 PM
I saw this whole anime and the movie awhile back (like a few years back.) so i don't really remember much besides it being good and the movie was somewhat gory. The whole concept with there mech type things was cool though. But from what I remember of if it was diffenatley good.

Heh heh, on a different note. I remember there being a anime music vid for this with the Megadeth song sweating bullets i think. (starts out with "hello me its me again") and it had the little queer/psycho guy from the Escaflowne as the star of the vid. Was great. =D