PDA

View Full Version : A showdown of epic proportions. Tim get's kidnapped, Shade finds



PlasmaBolt52
17th September 2004, 05:08 PM
OoC: INVITE ONLY!!

IC: Onamusai, a demon mage employed by Snake, walked back to the base. He grinned at the memory of the destruction he'd wrought. The memories of all those dragons, crying out in terror as they were all destroyed, brought him a thrill that he loved. He walked into a bright, clean, shiney building in the middle of the city. It wasn't to his tastes, but it would do . . . for now. He found Snake, a human, pacing the floor of the main hallway.

"Snake," Onamusai said. "Good to see you again."

"Enough of that," said Snake loftily. He wore an arrogant expression. "What do you have to report?"

"All dead, sir." Onamusai grinned. "Every last tone of them."

OoC: Shade, Draco, I leave it up to you to decide how you hear about the news.

Shade
17th September 2004, 05:51 PM
Shade is in the forest, outside of her hut when she hears screams and painful roars coming from the other side of the forest. Mantis, hears them, too, and the two go to investigate. Then...

Then they see it. Dragons. Being tortured, being slain, being murdered, all in cold blood; these dragons have done nothing wrong, in fact, Shade has never seen them before.

The two watch wordlessly from the edge of the forest. Shade turns to Mantis, who then covers her face and holds her like a mother would a child (OOC: That's what they are like, mother and child, nothing more :p). Tears begin silently streaming down Shade's face. Mantis, too, turns away and heads back to the hut. Shade follows, walking shakily. When she is well out of range, she vomits.

"Those poor dragons!" She says, wiping her face off.

"Should we tell Tim?"

"I don't know...I'm afraid of how he'd take the news..."

Draco
17th September 2004, 06:10 PM
Meanwhile, Tim was sitting in the cabin, by the fireplace, as the sun set. He was reading some Shakesphere, blissfully oblivious to what was going on outside. He finished a scene, marked his place, and snapped the book shut. Then he went over to the pantry, and got something to eat. Something tixkled at the edge of his conciousness, but he coulsdn't figure out what. After debating it for a moment, he shrugged, sat down, and started eating.

Shade
17th September 2004, 06:16 PM
Shade gets the chills, the result of what she has seen. She shivers. "Those poor, poor baby dragons," She says woefully. "And their parents...is there anything we can do?"

Mantis shrugs her shoulders. "Perhaps," She says. "But that would mean telling Tim."

"Bring him out here, if you can," Shade says. "I don't want him to get angry and destroy the hut..."

Mantis grins beneath her mask and nods. She enters the hut. "Um, Tim?" She says. "Shade just saw something that she really needs to tell you about. But she wants to tell you it outside, because what she will tell you will most likely get you angry..."

Draco
17th September 2004, 07:16 PM
Tim's shoulders sagged. He realized now what had been tickling the edge of his conciousness. He walked outside, and ran into the forest. He came upon the scene. But he was too late. The dragons were already dead. He didn't fly into a rage this time, though. He just fell on his knees, like a man defeated after a major battle. He shook his head sadly, an looked over to Shade.

"How . . . did this happen?" he asked, his voice trembling.

OoC: Plasma says that we're not supposed to have seen this actually happen. But he says, just work around it, only you didn't see who killed the dragons.

Shade
17th September 2004, 07:28 PM
OOC: Gotcha ;)

IC: "I...I don't know," Says Shade, tears coming from her eyes. Then, she vomits again. After wiping her face, she says. "I'm sorry. I wish I knew. I...I'm so sorry. I didn't see who did this. I wish I did, but I didn't."

"Neither did I," Says Mantis. "If I did, I assure you, the one who did this would be dead by now."

Shade vomits again. Just the image in her mind is enough to make her puke. "I'm sorry I'm like this." She apologizes, embarrassed.

Draco
17th September 2004, 08:37 PM
Tim sighed.

"There was nothing you could have done about it," he says, in a flat voice. "Anyone who could kill a whole community of dragons would have slaughtered you."

Shade
17th September 2004, 08:42 PM
"Excuuuse me," Mantis says, a little irked. "But, no offense, I'm not a dragon. I'd imagine that I would be quicker. I might have been able to do something about it."

Shade pukes again. "Those poor, poor dragons." After wiping her face again, and wiping her hands off on the grass, she hugs and holds Tim. "I'm so sorry...do you think it could have been that vendor?" She asks. "Maybe he did that to get back at us?"

Draco
17th September 2004, 09:47 PM
Tim's hand was just a blur of motion. His hand was almost invisible as he drew his sword. A split-second later it was stuck in the tree next to him.

"You don't understand!" he almost screamed. "A mage powerful enough to kill that many dragons would have killed you no matter how quick you are!"

Shade
17th September 2004, 09:55 PM
Mantis's antennae twitch and she leaps back well before the sword strikes the tree. "You may be right," She says. "But at least I'd hurt him."

Shade also lets go of Tim and leaps out of the way. "Um," She says shakily. "Can you give me a tad bit of warning next time?" She returns to Tim and hugs him tightly again.

"Okay," Says Mantis. "If we can't beat this man, then who can? And if I offended you, I am sorry."

Draco
18th September 2004, 05:38 AM
Tim just shook his head.

"I could, possibly. But I can't. My hands are tied, my main priority lies here. I . . . I think I'll go to bed now." He ran off to the cabin, and crawled into bed. He started sobbing.

Shade
18th September 2004, 08:45 AM
Mantis and Shade look guiltily at one another, one tear streaming down Shade's face. The sun has begun to set, and, after Shade vomits again, the image still fresh in her mind, Mantis heads inside, to her room. Jade lets out a mournful roar, and, after Shade wipes her face, gives Shade a lick on the face. Somehow, this doesn't make her mood any better. The draike has a sad expression come over her face, almost like a frown.

Shade, too, enters the hut ands heads to the room where Tim and she sleep. She lies down next to him, with Jade curling up between the two. Before she does so however, she gives Tim a little lick on his face, trying to cheer him up. Then, she curls up. Shade puts a hand affectionately on Tim's face. "Don't cry," She says lovingly. "Don't cry." She drapes the same arm around Tim, holding him close to her. Jade has to fly quickly and lands on the other side of the bed, Tim's side, and rubs up against him.

Shade kisses Tim on the forehead. "There was a song I was taught once," She says, a sudden thought coming to her mind. "It goes like this:
Little flame mouths,
Cool your tongues.
Dreaming starts soon,
Furnace lungs.

Rest your wings now,
Little flappers.
Cave mouth calls
To dragon nappers.

Night is coming;
Bank your fire.
Time for dragons
To retire.

Hiss. Hush. Sleep"

She sings to Tim softly and melodiously, hoping to put his mind at ease. "Go to sleep, my love..."

OOC: This is going somewhere...just have Tim fall asleep.

Draco
18th September 2004, 10:42 AM
Tim's sobs started to subside. After a moment, the lullaby washed over him, and he fell asleep, remembering when he was a hatchling, and had heard the very same song, and when he had sang it to Shade. But before he slept, he spoke.

"I'm scared, Shade," he said. "I'm scared of becoming a person who stands on the sidelines while innocent dragons are hunted, killed, murdered . . . while I can't . . . do anything . . . about it. . . ." His last words came slowly, and he was asleep as soon as he finished.

OoC: What do you know, I was going somewhere too. Maybe we should set up a system to prevent this sort of thing?

Shade
18th September 2004, 11:11 AM
OOC: I think that my way is a little better...but yeah, perhaps we should set up a system

IC: Shade smiles lovingly as Tim falls asleep. Jade, the draike, nuzzles up against Tim and curls up, and before long, she too is asleep. In the other room, Mantis is still wide awake, remembering the incident that has occured. Both women have the same idea. Both women get up, out of bed, and head towards the window by the kitchen table. The two wait...and wait...and wait. Eventually, someone they need to talk to comes. And that someone is a giant mantis.

"Hello," Shade says softly. "We have a...problem, and we were wondering if you could help."

The mantis responds telepathically. Well, What is it?

Mantis takes up the conversation now. "Did you see the massacre in the forest?"

Yes, poor dragons...and poor Tim...

"That's why we're here," Shade says. "Do you have any suggestions?"

Tell him that he should go and try to do something about it...

"But you know me...I...get sick when I worry."

Which is more important, being a little sick for some time, or righting a wrong?

"I see your point."

The two women go back to bed, content with the answer. The mantis chirps happily and leaves, thinking he has done something to help.

The next morning comes and Shade wakes up first. She nudges Tim. "Tim," She whispers. "I have something to tell you...please wake up!"

Draco
18th September 2004, 11:20 AM
OoC: Doh! There goes my dramatic exit. Ah well, I think I've got an idea. . . .

IC: Tim stirred, and woke up as Shade nudged him.

"W . . . wha? Wha's wrong?" he mumbled, as he got up. He wasn't used to sleeping for such short periods at a time. Then he sat up suddenly, the full memory of what had occured the previous night hitting him full force.

"What's up?" he asked.

Shade
18th September 2004, 11:30 AM
Shade looks at Tim with a worried look, and the way in which she speaks tells Tim, or should, that she doesn't like what she's saying. "I had a talk with a giant mantis and Mantis herself last night. We both agree that, should you wish, you can go and try and right this horrible wrong. But I leave it up to you."

OOC: Don't leave just yet

Draco
18th September 2004, 11:59 AM
Tim sighed.

"What's the use?" he asked. He put his head in his hands for a moment, then looked up. "Even if I do win, someone else will just take his or her place."

Shade
18th September 2004, 12:15 PM
Mantis wakes up now and goes to prepare breakfast. She heads outside, and, after "Chatting" with the mantises, gets eggs. She takes stuff she had bought the other day and begins to mix it, forming a batter. When the batter is finished, she makes a stack of pancakes for Tim and Jade, two for her, and one for Shade. The smell wafts into Tim's room and makes her hungry. "Um," She says, giving Tim a big hug. "Would you mind if we talked about this over breakfast? I'm starved."

OOC: I just wanted to bring in some everyday life, I hope you don't mind. Bring him to the table. That way, Mantis can talk, too. Then you can have a dramatic exit sometime.

Draco
18th September 2004, 12:39 PM
Tim nodded.

"Sure," he said. He walked over to the table, and grabbed himself some pancakes. He nibbled on one dejectedly.

"I just . . . don't know what to do."

PlasmaBolt52
18th September 2004, 01:20 PM
Meanwhile, Snake was pacing back and forth. He whirled on Onamusai, getting impatient.

"Well?!" he demanded.

"Patience, sir," said Onamusai. "He will come. And when he does . . ."

". . . we'll kill him," finished Snake, a smile creeping over his face. "Yes. I will wait, but only for so long. If your plan doesn't work . . ." he left the threat hanging.

"Yes, sir." Onamusai left the room, leaving Snake to his impatience.

Shade
18th September 2004, 01:21 PM
Shade notices Tim's dejectedness. "Come on," She says softly. "Cheer up...erm, on second thought...is there anything that we can do?"

Mantis laughs softly and moves her helmet up so that only her lips can be seen. Then, she begins to chow down on her two pancakes.

Shade nibbles too, suddenly losing her appetite, very worried for Tim. "Come on," She says affectionately. "Can you at least eat? It might make you feel better."

Draco
18th September 2004, 01:29 PM
"Yeah," said Tim. "You're right." Tim started eating his pancakes, a double stack (that's 6 pancakes). After he was done, he was surprised to find he felt better.

Over the course of the day, he considered his options. In the end, he made his decision. He would go. But in the middle of the night, while Shade was asleep. He didn't want to see her worry, as he knew she would. It might make him change his mind.

It was beginning to rain. Tim sat in his favorite chair, next to the fire. He stoked the flames, while reading some Sherlock Holmes (SP?).

Shade
18th September 2004, 01:45 PM
(nope, you spelled it right :D)

IC: Shade, still troubled, spends the day with Tim quietly, not really speaking much except for an occasional comment. She finishes her pancakes quietly, then stood next to Tim, one arm draped around him. But something isn't right, and she knows it. But she daren't speak anything, her own thoughts and emotions wrapped up inside her. She wants to beg Tim not to go, but she knows that that wouldn't be right. She spends the day like that, not saying much of anything.

Mantis becomes worried. "What's wrong, Shade?" She asks. No answer comes.

(Your brother must be getting a kick out of this: he gets to kidnap you :p)

Draco
18th September 2004, 01:57 PM
OoC: Oh, yeah! :D

IC: Tim noticed that Shade was very quiet. He thought he knew what the problem was. He didn't say anything, though. Chiefly because he didn't know what to say. As the sun set, he announced that he was going to bed.

"I'm tired," he explaned. "I need to get some sleep." So he headed off to bed.

Shade
18th September 2004, 02:26 PM
Shade follows suit, lying down on the bed next to Tim, the draike curled up at Shade's feet. Mantis, however, stays up, suspecting something to happen. She sits by the window, chatting with mantises as they come and go, but tells them all to be very quiet if and when Tim leaves the hut.

Draco
18th September 2004, 02:28 PM
Later, when Shade was asleep, Tim slowly got out of bed. He walked into the living room, and saw Mantis standing there. She knew, he could tell. He walked up to her.

"You knew." It wasn't a question, but more a statement.

Shade
18th September 2004, 02:44 PM
Mantis nods silently. "Yes," She whispers. "I knew you'd go out there eventually. Now, I'm not going to hold you back, but I must warn you that if anything happens to you, Shade will worry and get sick. And that's not a pretty sight." She leaves the fact that she is going to follow unknown.

In the meantime, Shade stirs and reaches out to drape her hand around what she believes is Tim, but is instead Jade.

Draco
18th September 2004, 03:08 PM
Tim nodded.

"Thank you," he said. In his hand, a shaft of light appeared. It formed into a crystaline rose, with a stem and leaves of emerald, and a ruby flower. It radiated immense power. He handed it to Mantis.

"Give this to Shade in the morning." Then he left.

It was still raining. He wanted to look back at the house, but he knew he must not. So he ran. He ran towards where the dragons had been slaughtered. And as he ran, he began to cry. When he was out of earshot of the cabin, he screamed out in pain, and rage.

"I WILL NOT GO QUIETLY INTO THE NIGHT!!!!" he screamed.

Shade
18th September 2004, 03:49 PM
Mantis gently sets the rose on the table and follows Tim quietly into the night. She hears his scream and wants to say something, but knows she can't. She is just following him to ensure his safety. And she shall. She won't let another friend die on her. Not now. Not ever.

Shade stirs in her room and opens her eyes momentarily. She doesn't register that Tim has gone, so she falls back to sleep, hugging the draike, again thinking it is Tim.

Draco
18th September 2004, 04:07 PM
Tim ran on to the place where the dragons had died. In midstride, he begn to glow. His arms began to lengthen, and his hands transformed into forepaws. His skin transformed into scales, his clothes vanished. A pair of great wings sprouted from his back, and all of a sudden he was a dragon. He took to the air, and flew to the valley.

Shade
18th September 2004, 04:36 PM
Mantis begins to follow, but then realizes it is nearly pointless. But there are the mantises. She calls them. "Follow him," She says. "But be discrete." The mantises take off, following Tim's scent--for they can smell even the weakest of scents--but make sure to stay blended in with the trees.

In the meantime, Mantis turns back, and hears sobbing. She enters, and, sure enough, Shade is crying, having finally woken up and seeing that Tim isn't there.

Mantis sighs and hugs Shade. "Relax," She says. "Everything is going to be fine, just you see."

Shade, in response, turns her head away, vomitting on the floor. She begins to shake, and she begins to get a fever.

"Damnit Tim!" Mantis says loudly. "Why'd you have to follow through with it?!"

When Shade gets worried, she usually vomits only once, but runs a slight fever and breaks out into a cold sweat, which she is doing right now. Mantis picks her up and lies Shade down on the couch. Then, she gets a bucket of water and a washcloth and begins to dab her forehead. "Stop it," Mantis says, tears forming beneath the helmet. "Please."

But Shade doesn't stop it.

Draco
18th September 2004, 05:07 PM
The Crystaline Rose that Tim made reacted to Shade's presence. It glowed softly, then a weak telepathic message reached out to Shade. It's not really a message, more of a feeling. A feeling of mutual attraction. The rose appeared to want Shade to take it.

Meanwhile, several miles away, Tim was searching the valley where the dragons had been killed. He sensed the mantises without seeing them.

"There's no point in being discreet," he said. "I can sense you from a mile away."

Shade
18th September 2004, 05:13 PM
The mantises look down at the ground, embarrassed. The leader communicates telepathically to Tim.
Please, He says. Mantis wants us to watch you...we won't get in your way or anything...

In the meantime, Shade is having cold sweats and shivers run up and down her spine. Her fever has gone down, but not by much. The sorceress gets the telepathic message and reaches out to the rose. "Mantis," She says weakly. "Get me the rose, please."

Mantis complies and hands Shade the rose.

OOC: Okay, do your thing; just don't transform Shade. I'll do that.

Draco
18th September 2004, 05:27 PM
OoC: By the way, it's not a permenant change. More like one that can be activated and deactivated at will. Again, think Super Saiyan (I know, I've been watching too much DBZ).

IC: The rose flashed bright at Shade's touch. Another Sending, this one stronger, invaded Shade's mind. Again, it wasn't a message, but knowledge, knowledge of how to utilize the power of the Crystalline Rose.

Meanwhile, Tim had returned to searching the valley.

"Okay," said Tim. "Just don't get in the . . ." he broke off. He'd heard a noise. Seconds later, something knocked his head from behind. He fell to the ground, unconcious.

Shade
18th September 2004, 07:36 PM
The mantises quickly hop back to the house.

Mantis, something has happened!

What? Mantis signals back.

Tim has been knocked out!
[i]Thanks for the update...[/u]

Mantis watches as a sudden change comes over Shade. First, her clothes change. They go from a mere white dress to a white robe, with a veil hanging over her head. Her eye color changes, and she now has yellow eyes, along with long, green hair. She look much stronger and much more powerful. The rose itself grows to the size of a staff, the petals becoming hard and easy to bludgeon someone with. The stem also grows, a sharp thorn coming from the bottom. Its purpose is clear: stabbing.

"What happened?" Shade asks, no longer in cold sweats, but still feeling nautious (sp?). But it isn't Shade's voice. The voice is much deeper and sounds much more powerful.

"Erm," Mantis says, noticing that Shade's fever has vanished. "You...changed?"

PlasmaBolt52
18th September 2004, 08:05 PM
There sounded a knock on the door. Outside that door stood a young man, barely fifteen. He had black, spiky hair, and deep brown eyes. Yet there was something about him that seemed older. He waited for someone to open the door.

Shade
18th September 2004, 08:22 PM
Mantis hurries to the door. Could this be Tim. Shade sits up expectantly. Mantis opens the door, and to both of their dismay, it is not Tim. But they nonetheless welcome the man in.

"Hello," Says Shade in her--new--deeper voice. "Who are you?"

Mantis arranges a chair for the man to sit in. "What brings you here?" She asks.

PlasmaBolt52
18th September 2004, 08:42 PM
"I am Fikujo," said the boy. "I saw who killed those dragons, and who kidnapped Tim. If you wish, I can tell you where it is."

Shade
18th September 2004, 08:54 PM
Shade's eyes widen beneath her veil. She places her mask upon her face now. "Very well," She says. still speaking in a deep, commanding voice. "Please take me there."

Mantis looks down at the ground, ashamed of herself.

"What's wrong?" Asks Shade in her powerful voice.

"I should have told you earlier."

"No...no, you did the right thing." She nods to Fikujo. "Lead the way."

PlasmaBolt52
19th September 2004, 07:46 AM
"Ahh . . ." Fukijo hesitated. "There is one slight complication."

Shade
19th September 2004, 07:59 AM
Mantis and Shade look at each other, then back to Fukijo. Complication? What complication? Shade nods her head. "Go on." Her powerful voice commands.

PlasmaBolt52
19th September 2004, 08:30 AM
"Well . . ." said Fukijo, "the guys who captured him, they're kinda . . . bent on world domination."

Shade
19th September 2004, 09:18 AM
OOC: Just one rule, if you don't mind: no advanced technology. Enchanted bullets, yes. Rifles, yes. Lasers, NO.

IC: Shade raises an eyebrow. "So?" She asks.
Mantis simply blinks her eyes beneath her helmet. "What will we be going up against?"

PlasmaBolt52
19th September 2004, 09:29 AM
Fukijo shrugged.

"I don't know," he said. "A lot of humans, demons and dark elves with advanced magic, swords, and sniper rifles. Maybe some six-shooters. I don't know. But I do know this: you'll need my help to get in and out alive."

Shade
19th September 2004, 09:50 AM
Shade nods understandingly. "Okay," She says. "What is your plan?"

Mantis listens in carefully, knowing that she will need to help, too.

PlasmaBolt52
19th September 2004, 11:24 AM
"Umm. . . ." Fukijo scratched the back of his head (^_^;;). "Well, ah . . . how's this: we go in, we save Tim, we get out of there? Beyond that, we'll have to play it by ear."

Shade
19th September 2004, 11:25 AM
"Hmm," Says Shade. "Interesting...we're going in there with no set plan?!"

Mantis begins to pace. "Well," She says sarcastically. "At least you're brave."

Shade shakes her head. "How do we get in to begin with then?"

PlasmaBolt52
19th September 2004, 11:30 AM
"Well . . ." Fukijo paused. "You're a light elementalist, right? Thus you should have the power to bend light, rendering us invisible."

Shade
19th September 2004, 11:45 AM
Shade blinks beneath her veil. "Um," She says, thinking hard. "I can, but only for a short amount of time. (4 posts, 4 for me, four for you) Are you sure this will work?"

Mantis shakes her head. "If we use it now, it won't work. You need to take use to the entrance, then we can turn invisible."

PlasmaBolt52
19th September 2004, 12:17 PM
"Never mind," said Fujiko. "I can transport us to the Spirit Realm. We should have little trouble there." I hope, he added silently.

"But if we're going to go, the sooner the better."

Shade
19th September 2004, 12:34 PM
Shade nods authoritativly. "Okay," She says in her deep, powerful voice. "When do we leave?"

Mantis shrugs her shoulders. "As long as you get us there in one piece," She says with a wink beneath her helmet. "We should be fine."

PlasmaBolt52
19th September 2004, 12:51 PM
"Good," said Fujiko. "We leave now. Get whatever you need, and let's go."

OoC: I know I keep changing his name, I have difficulty with these Japanese names.

Shade
19th September 2004, 01:11 PM
Shade goes and gets her belt, which has her two swords. She puts the rose down, but only for a slight moment, so that i any change occurs, it is barely noticable. Shade nods. "I'm ready."

Mantis gets a can of meat and feeds it to the mantises outside and gives some to Jade, the draike, who can only do a spark. The draike greedily munches on it, then flies into Mantis's arms. Mantis puts her down. "No. You need to stay."

The draike growls stubbornly and flies back into Mantis's arms. Again, she puts her down. "No," She says firmly. "You stay!" Again, the draike flies back into Mantis's arns. Mantis turns to Shade and shrugs. "Looks like we're going to have to take her."

Shade nods and, after Mantis comes back from getting food, medical supplies, and so on, says, "Okay," In her deep, authoritative voice. "We are ready."

PlasmaBolt52
19th September 2004, 01:19 PM
"Good," Fujiko said again. He walked outside, and pulled three small tripods out of a pocket. He arranged them in a triangle, and pointed his finger at each one. Each one emited a small glow.

"Step into the triangle," he said. "This may feel a little weird."

Shade
19th September 2004, 01:29 PM
Shade steps into the triangle first. She feels a warm, tingly sensation, and begins to feel sick to her stomach. But yet, she welcomes the sensation, something she would never do if she was in her other form. "Now what?" She asks.

Jade comes into the triangle too, whimpering as she does so, not at all liking whatever feeling she is feeling.

Mantis steps in cautiously, then doubles up for a moment, breathing quickly. In a few moments, she is back to normal, though she does feel a little dizzy. "Now what?" She asks.

PlasmaBolt52
19th September 2004, 01:44 PM
Fujiko stepped into the triangle. He appeared to feel no sensation and he didn't. He knew why this was, but he wasn't going to tell them. He hoped they didn't ask. He stepped into the center.

"Energize."

They felt a tingly sensation, and the world dissolved around them. After a moment, they materialized in a great expanse. The world was a dim expanse of nothing. There was a ceiling of blue clouds above them, and a floor of same a long way below them. An eerie light seemed to emenate from these clouds. They stood on a great stone wall, just wide enough to accomodate the three of them abreast, and that extended the many miles below through the clouds.

Shade
19th September 2004, 01:58 PM
Mantis comes out of the transport and nearly falls off the ledge, feeling extremely dizzy. She grabs onto the nearest thing, which happens to be Fukijo, and steadies herself.

Jade comes out and begins hovering above the group, apparently unaffected.

Shade comes out, still in her sorceress form, clutching her stomach. "How long until these feelings pass?" She asks.

PlasmaBolt52
19th September 2004, 03:06 PM
Fujiko grabbed onto Mantis, to prevent her from falling off the ledge. Then he replied to Shade.

"I wouldn't know," he said. "I don't experience the same ill affects you do But I would imagine only a minute or two." He stood there, waiting for said ill effects to pass.

Shade
19th September 2004, 03:13 PM
With Fukijo's help, Mantis steadies herself and gradually, bit by bit, the effects begin to wear off. Before long, she can walk in straight line and can talk without slurring syllables. "I'm fine now," Mantis says. "Thank you."

Shade doubles up with her stomach and nearly vomits. She retches a few times and is left on the ground of the balcony, sweating and panting heavily. Eventually, like Mantis, the effects go away. "I envy you," Shade says, getting to her feet. "If you don't mind, can you tell me why you don't feel the same effects as we do?"

Jade continues to flutter above the three.

PlasmaBolt52
19th September 2004, 03:19 PM
Fujiko's mind raced. He couldn't tell them the truth, he hurried to think up a plausable lie.

"Ahh, it's because of your unique biologies. It has that effect on . . . those who are not completely human." It wasn't entirely a lie, but it wasn't the full truth either.

Shade
19th September 2004, 03:25 PM
"Right," Says Shade in her all-powerful voice, not entirely believing what Fukijo has told them. "I'm entirely human," She says, fabricating what she says slightly. "So how do you explain that? In the meantime, lead on."

Mantis nods and begins to follow Fukijo, with Jade still fluttering overhead. The three turn toward Fujiko, waiting for him to lead.

PlasmaBolt52
19th September 2004, 03:31 PM
"Right," said Fujiko, rolling his eyes. "Then how do you explain your spirit aura? It betrays yor true nature, you know."

Shade
19th September 2004, 03:39 PM
"Spirit aura?" Mantis asks. "She's no spirit mage; she's a light mage. Big difference."

"Yes," Shade says, her face hidden behind her veil. "I am a Light Mage. I am telling the truth. I am all human."

Jade hovers above the group with her neck bent down, watching this curious interplay.

OOC: She's like .0000000001% serpent

PlasmaBolt52
19th September 2004, 03:47 PM
Yes," said Fujiko. "But all beings emit a Spirit Aura. All beings that have a spirit, anyways. Listen, I cannot tell you the truth. I know you may question this, but you must trust me. It is vital that I do not tell you." he led the way down the wall. The clouds began to lighten to a yellowish color, signifying day was coming.

Shade
19th September 2004, 03:53 PM
"Why?" Mantis asks. "Why can't you tell us?"

Shade gives Fujiko a stern look, various thoughts crossing her mind, thoughts that she would never have even thought about (:p) in her normal form. "If you expect us to trust you, then you must tell us, either that, or you must tell us why you can't tell us."

PlasmaBolt52
19th September 2004, 03:57 PM
"Because I am from the future," said Fujiko. "Anything I tell you might change the timeline drasticly, or not at all. You never know, till it's too late."

Shade
19th September 2004, 04:02 PM
Shade stares at him for a moment, then she begins to laugh, a deep and throaty laugh. "The future? Okay, if you're...you're from...from the future..." She breaks off laughing.

Mantis, however, believes the man and yells at Shade to shut up, which Shade does.

"I'm sorry," Mantis says. "We shouldn't treat you like that just because you can't prove it. It's a little...hard to believe, but I trust you."

Shade looks down at the ground, thoroughly ashamed of herself. "I'm...sorry..." Her voice is back to normal for a moment, even though she still wields the rose.

PlasmaBolt52
19th September 2004, 04:27 PM
"The reason that the Displacers affeced you like that is because of the fact that they're also from the future," said Fujiko. "It's complicated, but essentially there's a string in the biololgy of all beings which changes over time, due to evolution. Even from one generation to the next. The guys who kinnapped Tim are also from the future. They're trying to change the timeline in their favor. That's all you need to know, I've told you too much already."

Shade
19th September 2004, 04:34 PM
Mantis shrugs and nods. "I see," She says. "In other words, they're cheating. Let's go!"

Shade, however, still has one final question. "How does this effect the future? Are we really that important in the future? I mean, Tim, Mantis, Jade, and I are never going to leave this island, I don't think."

Jade also flits around, as if to ask what happens to her in the future.

OOC: Plz don't tell me that I die...my chars don't age....

PlasmaBolt52
19th September 2004, 04:57 PM
"I can't tell you that," said Fujiko. "I'm going to be in serious trouble when I get back to my own time as it is. I can't tell you any more." He started down the path.

"Let's go."

Shade
19th September 2004, 05:04 PM
Shade and Mantis look at each other. Jade continues flitting overhead, and the two set off. "Look," Shade says. "How did they even find out about us? That's the only and last question I have."

Mantis nods in agreement, but they nonetheless follow him down the path. "So," Mantis says. "What is this place and is there anyone here who could hurt us?"

PlasmaBolt52
19th September 2004, 05:33 PM
Fujiko pondered these questions for a moment.

"They have a Time Mage," he finally said. "And no there is no-one here who can hurt us. This is the Way, a path to the spirit realm. Anyone who's not a Spirit Mage must travel it to get to the Spirit Realm." He continued down the path.

Shade
19th September 2004, 05:40 PM
Shade still has many questions, but chooses to keep them to herself for the time being. Jade lands on Shade's shoulder. She grins benath her veil and goes to hold it, managing to keep the thornless rose in her hands. She turns to Fujiko as they walk. "Would you like to hold Jade for me? Don't worry, she won't bite."

Mantis smiles to herself beneath the helmet and keeps walking. "How long until we reach our destination?"

PlasmaBolt52
19th September 2004, 06:15 PM
Fujiko smiled.

"I would love to," he said. "I love draikes." He took the draike, and petted it, stroking it on the wing, and cupping it's head in his palm.

"What's her name?" he asked.

Shade
19th September 2004, 06:25 PM
Shade smiles, grasping her rose firmly in her hand. "She is named Jade, after my mother," She says. "I'm glad you like her."

Mantis says nothing at the moment, watching the exchange between the two. If it got any more...involved, she would have to do something. But she doubts it will come to that.

Shade's voice deepens again. "How long until we get there?" She asks.

PlasmaBolt52
19th September 2004, 06:59 PM
"Not long now," said Fujiko. "Maybe a few more minutes." Indeed, as he said this, a building appeared a distance in front of them. It was spiky, like the castles of Arabia. It shone with gold plating, which reflected the glow of the clouds.

Shade
19th September 2004, 07:11 PM
Shade stops and stares at the building, enraptured by its beauty. Mantis, too, stops, but then she continues. After a while, she turns around and notices that Shade is still captivated. So, she turns around and takes Shade by the hand, leading her towards it. "You can't stare forever," Mantis says. "You want to save Tim, right?"

Shade nods absent-mindedly and continues, led by Mantis. "What..." Shade says, her deep voice revealing that she is stunned by the beauty. "What is...this place?"

PlasmaBolt52
19th September 2004, 07:29 PM
"This," said Fujiko, "is the Gateway, the portal to the spirit world." He walked into the bulding as they reached it. Inside was a great, long staircase. He started climbing it.

"You coming?"

Shade
19th September 2004, 07:56 PM
Mantis continues to guide Shade until they reach the stairs. Shade blinks and looks down, embarrassed. "Um...sorry?" She says.

"Are you coming?"

This snaps Shade back into reality. The sorceress nods. "Yes, I am." With that, she begins to ascend the stairs, as does Mantis.

Mantis tries to start up some casual conversation. "So, Fujiko, what can we expect in the Spirit World?"

Shade becomes eager. "If only you told me why Tim and I are so important..." She says, trying to pursue the topic.

PlasmaBolt52
19th September 2004, 08:14 PM
Fujiko didn't answer either of these questions as he acended the stairs. He just climbed. And cllimbed. And climbed. Eventually, he reached the top.

At the top, there was a huge portal, upon a huge gold pedistal. I was like a solid, vertical, circular sheet of light. He walked closer, and looked back to make sure the other two were still there.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhhile, Onimusha dragged Tim's body into the main hallway of Snake's building. He found Snake pacing.

"Master," he said. "I have brought you Tim." Snake grinned.

"Exellent," he said.

"Do we get to kill him now?" asked Onimusha eagerly.

"No," said Snake. "There's been a change of plans. Put him in the holding cell for now."

Dissapointed, he obliged, muttering curses under his breath.

Shade
19th September 2004, 08:20 PM
Mantis and Shade climb the stairs . When they reach the top, they are panting hard, having run up the stairs. Jade flies out of Fujiko's hands and lands on the ground.

Shade looks upon the pedestal with curiousity. "What is it?" Her commanding voice asks.

Mantis, however, is a bit peeved. She spins Fujiko around. "Listen," She says, a tint of threat in her voice. "If you want us to help and restore the timeline, you're going to have to answer sensible questions, such as 'What can we expect?' By that, I just meant are there any bad guys there, any thing that can hurt us, any actualy spirits we'd run into, etc. Just a slight briefing. I don't want anything in regards to what you know will happen, but just a general sense. As for questions such as 'Why are we so important,' that's a different story. Those questions you don't have to answer if you don't want to. But I would still like a little peek at the future, if you don't mind..."

PlasmaBolt52
19th September 2004, 08:33 PM
"It's the portal to the spirit realm," said Fujiko. "The spirit realm is like the normal world, Only, your perceptions of it are differant. Everything emits an odd light, and the colors are all wrong. And no-one can see you, unless they're in the spirit realm also."

OoC: Think the normal world, then invert the colors in Paint. Then make all the beings out of light.

Shade
19th September 2004, 08:47 PM
Mantis raises an eyebrow. "Right," She says. "By the way," She mentions slyly. "You don't know what happens now. The timeline has been all skewed."

Shade looks at the pedestal with unease. "Um," She says in her usual voice. "Are you that this is safe? I'm not so sure about this...maybe we could rent a dragon or something..."

Mantis sighs. "No, Shade," She says. "We can't, unless we want to be detected, isn't that right Fujiko?"

Suddenly, the all-powerful sorceress voice comes back in Shade. "Well," She says. "We haven't much time...let's go!"

PlasmaBolt52
20th September 2004, 09:54 AM
Fujiko sighed, and decided not to respond to Mantis's comment. He walked through the portal first, and into the spirit world. He stopped, and waited for the other two to get through.

Shade
20th September 2004, 01:45 PM
Mantis enters the portal first. Her stomach lurches and she blacks out, only to find that the colors have been inverted and that Fujiko is nowhere to be found. She rubs her visor where her eyes are again and again, but can't seem to clear the eerie sight that lies before her from her eyes. She takes a step off the platform. "Fujiko? Where are you?"

Shade walks in and becomes dizzy. In a few moments, she, too, has fainted. She reappears on the pedestal on the other side, lying flat on her face. She groans, then notices that all the colors have been inverted. "Um," She says in her normal voice, even though she still holds the rose. "Mantis?"

Mantis puts a shoulder on Shade's. "I'm right here," She says. "Don't worry, be happy...or something."

Jade flies in and soars down, crashing at Shade's feet. She gives a disgruntled grunt and shakes herself as a dog would shake water off, and she appears to be fine.

"Um," Shade says again, picking up the body of light that is Jade. "Where are we in the spirit realm? I mean, is this parrallel to the real world, where the grass we step on is the grass in real life, or...?"

OOC: He's from the future, right? So he shouldn't have a spirit aura, right?

PlasmaBolt52
20th September 2004, 03:33 PM
OoC: He does. All beings emit a spirit aura, that's one thing that doesn't change with time. And they can all see each other, BTW.

IC: Fujiko watched Shade and Mantis fall flat on their faces, with mingled amusement and concern.

"I'm right here. Don't worry, be happy . . . or something."

Fujiko snorted, then quickly masked his amusement.

"We're right where we were when we started on the Way, if you'll notice," he said. "The spirit realm runs paralell to the normal world. Well?" he said. "Let's go!"

Shade
20th September 2004, 05:07 PM
OOC: Oops :-[

IC: Shade and Mantis look around and quickly spot the aura that is Fujiko. "Well," Shade says, pondering her question thoughtfully, trying to get some information from the man. "If this is parallel to the real word, I have 2 questions," She continues in her powerful voice. "One, how do we get out? Two, can we make an impact on anyone NOT in the spirit world, such as, say, bumping into someone?"

Mantis nods her head thoughtfully, then smiles beneath her helmet. "I don't think so. It's like we're in another realm, right, Fujiko?"

PlasmaBolt52
20th September 2004, 05:21 PM
Fujiko shook his head.

"Not quite," he said. "We are in the spirit realm. If you do something to someone's spirit, then it affects the person's actual physical body. If you chop someone's head off in the spirit realm, then the person dies. And there are no physical marks. Convenient, isn't it? As for returning to the physical world, just leave that up to me."

Shade
20th September 2004, 05:25 PM
Shade sighs exasperatedly. "So," She says. "Now that we're here, can't we just chop off the heads of the ones who kidnapped Tim, or does it have to be harder than that?

Mantis nods her head. "Yes, it does, most likely, because attacking future spirits is...different..."

PlasmaBolt52
20th September 2004, 06:53 PM
"I'm afraid so," said Fujiko, nodding. "If we start just chopping peoples' heads off, they'll start wondering why people are suddenly lying dead on the floor. They'll get suspicious, figure everything out. They'll find us. We must be discreet. Find Tim, get him out, get out ourselves. Simple."

Shade
20th September 2004, 06:59 PM
Mantis raises an eyebrow beneath her helmet. "I'm sure that that's easier said than done," She says. "We need to have a plan before we do something."

Shade speaks in her authoritative voice again. "I suggest that we make a plan before we do something stupid, or make a stupid plan. Your choice."

PlasmaBolt52
20th September 2004, 07:34 PM
"Okay," said Fujiko. "What do you propose we do?"

Shade
20th September 2004, 07:39 PM
Mantis is taken aback. "I thought you were the brains behind this," She says, half-seriously and half-jestingly. "You might be better at coming up with a plan..."

Shade, however, has one plan in mind. "This might not even be doable, but I'm thinking: we go into wherever Tim is being held, #1. #2, we find the guard to the cell. Then, we take the keys from them, #3. All this while being in the Spirit Realm. #4, We come out of the realm, open Tim's cell. #5, if you still have them, we go into the jail cell and "teleport" out to the spirit realm and exit it at our house...is that doable?"

Jade cocks her head in a confused way, not sure at all what Shade is talking about.

Mantis shakes her head. "I don't think that's doable..."

PlasmaBolt52
20th September 2004, 07:54 PM
Fujiko shook his head.

"You're right," he said. "That isn't doable. We'd have to be in the physical realm to get the keys. The basic idea is sound, however."

Shade
20th September 2004, 07:57 PM
"We could just walk into the cell and take Tim out of it..." Shade says. "But that might be doable either..."

Mantis nods. "Teleporting into the cell and out would be stupid," She says, squinting her eyes at Fujiko, his bright aura hurting her eyes. "So we need to sneak up on the guard...Fujiko, you seem more like the tactical expert..."

PlasmaBolt52
21st September 2004, 11:50 AM
Fujiko nodded.

"The first thing to do," he said, "Is to find Tim. And to do that, we need to get to where he's being held. Namely, that tower behind me." He pointed his finger backwards, pointing to a tower on the mainland, in the middle of a city. So, let's go there first."

Shade
21st September 2004, 01:48 PM
Mantis and Shade start off walking, with Mantis lingering behind to talk to Fujiko. A swarm of questions about the "future" go in her mind, but she blocks them, shuts them out. Instead, she says, "Exactly what is that tower?"

Shade continues along, walking towards the colorful blur of a tower. Then, she stops suddenly and turns around, talking in her normal voice. "I hope we don't encounter problems from here to there..."

PlasmaBolt52
21st September 2004, 04:07 PM
"That tower," said Fujiko, "houses a Space-Time Displacement Machine. It basically allows people to travel through time, to any point in space. But come, we must . . ."

Suddenly, a great, glowing, tenticled creature rushed out at them.

"Careful!" called Fujiko. "Don't let those tenticles touch you!"

Shade
21st September 2004, 04:37 PM
Shade and Mantis leap out of the way, Shade whacking the creature's tentacle as it tries to grab her. Fortunately, the tentacle retracts. Unfortunately, this agitates the creature even further and it rushes at Shade. Mantis pushes Shade off to the side, and Shade casts Bolt on Mantis, enabling her to move twice as fast to get out of the way of the creature, which she does. The creature stands now, looking at the three of them.

"What is that?" Shade asks in her deep voice.

PlasmaBolt52
21st September 2004, 06:00 PM
OoC: O.o Okay, maybe a little more discription.

IC: "It's a Spectre Ghoul," said Fujiko. He cupped his hands beside him and generated a ball of deadly Spirit Energy It was white, and emited shafts of energy. He threw it at the being, which was now extending tendrils toward Shade and Manti with lightning speed. The ball hit the creature at it's base, and exploded, severing the tenticles from the Ghoul. THe dust cleared, and the creature was lying on the ground, dead. Yujiko was panting.

"Right," he said. "They're . . . not to tough . . . just . . . hit them with some spirit energy . . . or light . . . they just drop dead." Fujiko regained his breath.

"Right, let's go."

Shade
21st September 2004, 06:08 PM
OOC: listen...I did the best I could given that it was a tentacly thing and nothing else...don't make me start doubting myself again :p

IC: "Are you all right?" Mantis asks, genuinely concerned. "You seem...winded." She ponders what she just saw and begins to make careful, calculated observations in her head.

Tentacle thing is a "Spectre Ghoul"
Watch out for its tentacles...if it gets you, what happens?
Expel Spirit Energy...
Maybe try not to expel too much Spirit Energy?

Shade, also makes notes, but hers are much more complex than Mantis's. She is able to recall anatomy, method of defeat, and so forth. But she also remembers what just happened in vivid detail, unlike Mantis.

"So," Says Mantis. "What happens if one of the tentacles grab you?"

Shade things she has an answer, given what just happened. "Then it would...drain you of your Spirit Energy?"

PlasmaBolt52
21st September 2004, 07:27 PM
Yujiko shook his head.

"No. It drains you of all you life force. In other words, you die. Over a slow period of time. It's very painful, so I hear. But they're weak. I didn't even power up, which is why I lost my breath for a moment, it caught me by surprise."

Shade
21st September 2004, 07:34 PM
Shade and Mantis nod understandingly. "I don't know if you've taken a close look at the timeline," Mantis says. "But I know the feeling. I could tell you about it, but you'd probably know already."

Shade nods, also remembering the time Mantis had actually been caught by the hunters. Mantis had been attached to a syphon, and her blood was slowly draining out of her.

"Are there any other creatures you'd like to tell us about?" The imperative Shade asks.

PlasmaBolt52
21st September 2004, 07:59 PM
Yujiko scratched the back of his head.

"Ahh . . . to tell you the truth, I don't know. I've only studied this place out of textbooks. But I don't think so." He laughed nervously.

Shade
21st September 2004, 08:23 PM
The three, and Jade, walk along for some time, the colors causing Shade and Mantis to occasionally stumble; the colors are causing them to become disoriented, and they walk dizzily along. "So," Mantis says, trying to start up some casual conversation. "Would you like to hear about the time when i almost had my life drained out of me, Fujiko?"

PlasmaBolt52
21st September 2004, 09:52 PM
Fujiko nodded.

"Sure, so long as it's short. We're almost at the tower."

Shade
22nd September 2004, 04:46 AM
Mantis swallows hard and begins, though she still walks as she talks. "Well," She says. "I am constantly hunted by hunters who want my skin. Usually, I can take them. However, one day, I was captured. They tied me up to a pole and attched a syphon to me. Little by little, drop by painful drop, my blood began to be drained from me. I could feel it. I knew my time was nearly up...and it would have been had Shade not rescued me. I know she did because I woke up in my bed, with Shade tending to me. I could go into specifics, but we haven't enough time for that."

Shade nods. "You don't want to know what I did to them." She says simply.

At this time, they have reached the tower. "Now what?" Mantis asks.

PlasmaBolt52
22nd September 2004, 01:35 PM
Fujiko smiled.

"I'm sure," he said to Shade. "Now, our first step ios to find Tim, where he's being held." Without another word, he walked into the tower, and started looking around.

"I get the feeling he's not being held in the next room, so we should search this place from her to bottom to top."

Shade
22nd September 2004, 03:47 PM
Mantis and Shade walk around aimlessly at first, not finding Tim anywhere, lost in a sea of inverted colors and bright white masses (the two of them). Then, suddenly, they have a plan. The two have stuck together no matter what, so now should be no different. They hurry back to Fujiko.

"I suggest," Mantis says. "That we stick together. Your eyes are apparently more adjusted to this than ours are. Besides, we don't want to like trip on anything...if that is at all possible..."

PlasmaBolt52
22nd September 2004, 03:52 PM
It's possible," said Fujiko. 'But I have a feeling I know where he's being held." He pointed to a door he had just spotted, half-hidden behind a gargoyle statue. He started for the door and opened it to reveal a decending stairway, leading into the dark, damp depths of the castle.

"Let's go," he said. He started down the stairway.

Shade
22nd September 2004, 03:58 PM
Shade and Mantis look at each other, the bright blobs bending slightly at the top, the equivalent of a nod. "Um," Shade says as she begins to descend the stairs. "What exactly can we expect?"

"And I'm confused," Says Mantis, also descending the stairs. "How is it possible to walk on stairs, if they have no spirit? I mean, they're not organic...same thing with the tower and so on."

OOC: There's a challenge for you :p

PlasmaBolt52
22nd September 2004, 04:18 PM
OoC: I'm all ready for you :D.

IC: "Ah, I was hoping you'd ask that," said Fujiko. "See, even inorganic things emit a spirit aura, just like the earth. After all, this building was made from the earth, and the earth emits a strong Spirit Aura, namely Gaia. Else, how else could an earth mage control it? Even made into a building like this, it still emits an aura."

Shade
22nd September 2004, 04:35 PM
Shade waits for Fujiko while Mantis also stops on a step a little farther down into the darkness than Shade. "So," Mantis continues. "There's something in everything that has a little spirit?"

Shade is getting slightly irritated at Fujiko's consistent ignorance of her questions. "I will ask one more time," She says in her deep, powerful voice. "Can you possibly stop ignoring me and tell me what might lie ahead for us? You seem to know this place better than us..."


OOC: In dark, do I see dark, or do I still see weird colors?

PlasmaBolt52
22nd September 2004, 06:33 PM
Fujiko sighed.

"I'm sorry, I really don't know. All I know is, tower, find Tim, rescue. Although I don't doubt we'll run into some more Spectres, if the alarm is raised, which I'm counting on not happening."

OoC: You still see weird colors, like an infrared image.

Shade
22nd September 2004, 06:42 PM
Shade raises an eyebrow and looks skeptically at Fujiko, though she doubts he can tell exactly what she's doing. "That sounds very well thought out," She says. "Have we thought of HOW to avoid doing that?"

Mantis slips and starts falling. Had it not been for Shade's reflexes, she would have fallen all the way down the stairs. Mantis smiles, embarrassed, beneath her helmet. "I guess I have to watch my step," She says. "So, how will we avoid setting the alarm off?"

PlasmaBolt52
22nd September 2004, 07:13 PM
Fujiko shrugged.

"By not going back into the Physical Realm, that's how," he said. He looked over the railing of the spiral staircase. That's one long drop, he thought to himself. At that moment, an earthquake ripped through the building. Fujiko nearly lost his balance. Several rocks fell from the ceiling. One fell right on Mantis. Unless she could somehow float, she would lose her balance and fall over the railing.

OoC: This is leading somewhere, let her fall.

Shade
22nd September 2004, 07:21 PM
OOC: Nice closed attack, buddy :mad:.

IC: Mantis looks up, but the boulder strikes her on the back. Shade drops her "staff" and comes running, reaching out, but alas, it is too late. Mantis falls down the gap quietly, not even screaming, landing on something soft with a very quiet thud. Rolling off, she sees it is a bail of hay. She still remains absolutely quiet, afraid to make Shade snatches up the staff and looks Fujiko hard in the eyes. "Why didn't you tell me that earthquakes happen around here?!"

In meantime, Mantis relays a telepathic message to Fujiko.
Listen, She communicates. You're lucky I survived. Now, will someone please come down here?!

PlasmaBolt52
22nd September 2004, 07:31 PM
"Nooo!" Fujiko tried to grab Mantis's hand, but it was too late. Looking down, he saw the tiny figure of Mantis lying on a tiny bay of hay (hey, that rhimes!), way down below. He knew that it would be too much to hope for him to survive the fall. So he did domething differant.

A bright yellow, transperant aura appeared about him. He jumped down, litterally flying down to her. He left a streak of his aura on the way down. He landed gently, and his aura disappeared.

"Are you alright?" he asked, concerned. "That shouldn't have happened, there had never been an earthquake before. . . ."

Shade
22nd September 2004, 07:41 PM
Shade gives a huff of indignation.
Well, leave me here, why don't you?!

Shade begins the long, tiresome run down the stairwell. As she runs, she makes soft footsounds and eventually winds up at the bottom, where Mantis is. She steps in front of Fujiko, miffed, and helps a groaning Mantis to her feet.

"Ow..." She whispers. "My arm...that hurts..."

Shade immediately does her healing magic, but finds that it does no good. The arm is strained, bruised very badly, or broken.

Mantis tries to move her arm, but can't without nearly screaming out in pain.

Shade turns and looks violently at Fujiko. "First you ignore me, and now this!"

Sighing angrily, Shade once again powers up her healing magic. A wet SNAP can be heard as Mantis's bone gets snapped back into place.

Mantis, however, smiles at Fujiko. "Yes, I'm *groan* fine *wince*."

"Her arm will still be sore for quite some time," Shade says, trying to conceal her anger. But then it all comes out. "Listen," She says in a restrained voice. "Whose side are you on?! You never answer me, and when you do, when you do it's always something like 'sorry, I can't tell you.' And on top of that, you just LEAVE me there at the top of the stairs! It would help a lot if you were more cooperative with us!"

PlasmaBolt52
23rd September 2004, 06:31 AM
Fujiko nodded slowly.

"You're right," he said. "And I'm sorry I can't tell you more. I want to, I really do, but don't you see?! I can't. There's more at stake here then you can possibly imagine. And I'm sorry I left you up there, I can barely carry one person, I can't carry two. I was concerned for Mantis, she could have had injuries requiring imediate medical attention. By the way . . ." he pulled a little cylinder out of his pocket.

"If you wish, I can give you something to dull the pain."

OoC: By the way, did Shade ever get her staff back?

Shade
23rd September 2004, 08:03 AM
OOC: Yes, oops :-[

IC: Shade puts her staff almost perpendicular to the ground and leans on it. "How can we help you," She asks, calming down somewhat. "If we don't know what's at stake? What you tell us could alter the timeline, but what's more important to you, stopping these people or preserving the timeline. If you don't answer relatively legitimate questions, how can we possibly succeed? An easy question for you, that for you sake, I hope you answer, is: who are we going up against?"

Mantis, in the meantime, smiles at Fujiko. "Sorry," She says wincing. "For my friend, but you kinda have been...neglecting her. I mean, there has to be a reason why Tim was kidnapped. If you don't tell us that, we don't know what we're going up against. We don't know that, we'll all but fail. Don't you see? Besides, how in the heck could telling us be such a difficult problem? I mean, you can tell us now and probably wipe our memory or something or other...I mean, that sounds like something you future-goers can do." She nods again, and groans. "Anything to help ease the pain."

PlasmaBolt52
23rd September 2004, 05:39 PM
Fujiko pressed the cylender to Mantis's arm, and a soft "whoosh" could be heard. Mantis should now feel fine. But he was pondering her question, trying to figure the best way to answer.

"Well . . . let's just say . . . you and him, together, will trigger an event that will lead to the creation of the ultimate human warrior. I can't tell you about this event, mainly because I don't know that much about it myself. But I can tell you that BOTH of you are vital to it's happening. Be prepared for these guys to come after you as well, or even you, Mantis."

Shade
23rd September 2004, 05:44 PM
Mantis sighs in relief and a hard stare comes over her face beneath her mask. "Let them try," She says. "I'm used to it." She speaks the truth ever since she has gone into the forest, hunters have come after her. She has defeated every one of them.

Shade stares off into space. "No...' She says. "Why would we ever do that? I certainly wouldn't...how do we beat them?" She sits down, her legs suddenly becoming weak. "No...that isn't true..."

PlasmaBolt52
23rd September 2004, 06:22 PM
"I'm afraid it is," Fujiko said. "Now you know why I wished to keep this a secret. But take heart, it isn't you who builds the machine. Now, we should be moving." He started looking around, finding a tunnel.

"I think this is the right way."

Shade
23rd September 2004, 06:27 PM
Shade remains on the floor, looking down, completely stunned. A warrior? Her creating one? A machine? This isn't her style. If anything, she would try to stop it than start it. She is awashed in conflicting emotions, but she knows that her love for Tim still rings true. But all this...it's...she can't believe it.

Mantis walks over to her and tries to pull her up. "Come on," She says. "We have got to go!"

Shade remains rooted to the spot. "Tell me," She says in a soft, weak voice. "What are the warriors used for?"

Draco
23rd September 2004, 06:45 PM
Fujiko sighed, defeated.

"Sometime in the future, a huge gateway will open. Hell and earth will actually merge for a short period of time. The ultimate human warior will be created as a response to this, to protect the earth. Now, let's go." he started down the passage."

Shade
23rd September 2004, 06:56 PM
Shade looks up, processing the information. She gets up, then nearly falls back down, still feeling weak in the knees. Mantis goes over to Shade, who leans on Mantis for support. Even in her sorceress form, Shade can, indeed, be weak.

Mantis and Shade walk slowly after Fujiko, Mantis walking at Shade's pace. She is enraged though. "Listen!" She says. "Don't you DARE do that again!"

Shade walks along, almost in a daydream. She is a trance, enraptured in her thoughts and feelings. All that Mantis can do is support her and hope that she rebounds.

PlasmaBolt52
23rd September 2004, 07:34 PM
"Look," said Fujiko. "I didn't want to tell her, but she left me no choice. I come off on the losing end here to, you know." Then he turned to Shade.

"Hey, just think of him as a very powerful policeman, as that's exactly what he is. Besides, come to thik of it, he's not the ultimate fighter, Ingold could probably give him a run for his money."

Shade
23rd September 2004, 07:47 PM
Shade looks sternly at Fujiko. "You have a nasty habit," She says, her deep, throaty and powerful voice. "Of not telling the whole story. As for Ingold, I'd like to see that battle greatly." She begins to pick up her pace, much to Mantis's delight. Color begins to return to Shade's face and soon she is back to normal.

Mantis looks and Fujiko squarely. "The next time you tell us something," She says heatedly, picking up her pace and letting Shade walk in front of her. "Tell us the whoe story FIRST!"

PlasmaBolt52
23rd September 2004, 08:04 PM
Fujiko began to get annoyed.

"I will tell you as much as I can," he said, "without comprimising the timeline!"

Shade
23rd September 2004, 08:11 PM
Mantis shakes her head and sighs. "I didn't mean you not to compromise the timeline. I mean, you could have told us that hell will merge with Earth to start off with! But you were vague and got Shade all upset!" Mantis lowers her voice dramatically as the three continue into the passage. "Listen...if you're going to be vague, and least try to make it so it doesn't upset us!"

Shade turns around. "Might I ask who we're going up against? I know they're from the future, but what are their names? do they live in this time?" Suddenly, an idea comes to her, remembering the first time she and Tim embraced. It had been rudely interrupted by-- "Does Snake have anything to do with this?"

Mantis nods her head. "Makes sense," She says. "If it's him, how can we possibly fight him off?"

PlasmaBolt52
23rd September 2004, 08:40 PM
Fujiko sighed.

"I don't know who we're going up against. I know they have a demon mage, and he's very strong. But, I don't even know who this Snake is, so I can't tell you if he has anything to do with this. But they do have guns, and magic, and swords, and nasty, pointy little things that can cause pain and kill you. But I suggest we free Tim first, before . . ." as he was saying this, he was looking over his shoulder at the other two, and saw some Ghoul Spectres coming their way.

"Before we get killed by those Spectres behind you!" he called.

Shade
24th September 2004, 04:42 AM
Mantis and Shade whirl around...and simultaneously groan. Not tihs again! Not the "demon octopusses!"

Mantis leaps off to the side. Shade, however, stays in one place. She twirls her staff around in her hand, at first, very slow, but then, faster and faster until it is a blur. The blur then begins to glow blue-white, vibrating in Shade's hand. She stops spinning the staff and points it at the spectre. A huge bolt of light energy soars through the air, aiming right for the ghoul.

Mantis, in the meantime, has fallen back, into a corner, chased by the other ghoul. The ghoul lunges at her and grabs her. Immediately, she begins to feel her energy being drained. "HELP!" She scream. "FUJIKO!"




OOC: You describe the effect.

PlasmaBolt52
24th September 2004, 02:09 PM
Shades attack engulfed a Spectre, disintigrating it into nothing more then a few wisps of energy. The attack followed through, and engulfed two more Spectres before fading out.

Fujiko pointed a hand at the one holding Mantis, palm fcing it. several disks of spirit energy flew at it, completely destroying it. Spectres poured in on either side of him. He began to bristle with energy, his power increasing a hundred-fold, from next to nothing to a respectable amount of energy. Several Spectres split off and flew at Shade.

Shade
24th September 2004, 02:24 PM
Mantis falls to the ground, drained of some of her energy and feeling dizzy. Then, she notices that Shade is in trouble.

Shade summons up her new-found sorceress energy, the energy that only she can find, in her heart, and sends it throughout her body. her body glows, and from here, she sends another, much larger, bolt of light at the ghouls. However, one grabs her. She begins to cough and gasp as the monster sucks the life out of her.

Mantis gets to her feet and grabs the ghoul. Though her life energy is being drained, she manages to send her wind energy out. This obliterates the ghoul. Then, she falls to the ground, unconscious.

Shade continues to fling more and more light bolts in all directs, destroying all the ghouls around her and Mantis. She crouches down. "Mantis?" She says in a tearful voice. "Come on, wake up! HELP!" She screams to Fujiko.

Meanwhile, Mantis stirs and opens her eyes, followed by a very loud groan. Knowing nothing else to do, Shade picks Mantis up and carries her away from the scene so she can recover. She stands in front of Mantis, ready to defend her at all costs.

PlasmaBolt52
25th September 2004, 12:59 PM
Fujiko couldn't help, because he was too busy with his own Spectre Ghouls. Finally, he got fed up and held his hands up at his sides.

"KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" he screamed. Two truely immense beams of light shot out from his hands, obliterating most of the ghouls. They disintigrated into nothing. Then he rushed over to Mantis, dodging the few ghould that were left. He looked her over.

"She'll be okay," he said. Just then, the remaining ghouls ran away.

"Oh, no," he groaned. "That can NOT be good."

Shade
25th September 2004, 01:31 PM
Shade notices the fleeing ghouls ith interest. Looking around, she can see nothing that would have frightened the ghouls away. She raises an eyebrow, then prepares her healing spell on Mantis. A warm lump of energy is felt in her chest, and she funnels it to her arms, then to her hands. From there, a purple glow emits from her fingertips. She places her hands above Mantis's chest and she begins to sputter.

Eventually, Mantis is strong enough to function normally, whilst Shade appears just as she was before; it is as if nothing happened.

"Why are they fleeing?" Shade asks concernedly. "What's going on?"

Mantis blinks her eyes and sits up and then, after trying several times, she is able to stand up. "What can scare ghouls away?"

PlasmaBolt52
25th September 2004, 02:55 PM
"I don't know," said Fujiko tensely. "But it can't be good." He prepared another version of the spell he had just used. Then his eyes caught something.

"Did you see that?" he asked.

Shade
25th September 2004, 04:25 PM
Mantis sees a small flicker of something out of the corner of her eyes. Shade hears something, turns, and sees nothing. Mantis continues to scan the area, but sees nothing. Shade, too, looks, and again, nothing is to be found.

Then a noise again, and they still don't see what it is.

Shade reverts back to herself for a moment, even though she is still holding the staff. "What's going on? I'm scared..."

PlasmaBolt52
27th September 2004, 01:44 PM
Suddenly, out of the shadows, appeared a large creature. It had four legs, and a bunck of snaring tenticles for a face. It had a stinger on the end of it's tail, and two antennae on the top of it's head. He saw the three and roared.

"Oh, no," maoned Fujiko. "Shade! Only light magic can kill these guys! You'll have to take care of him!"

OoC: Sorry I've been off. Blame school. And DBZ.

Shade
27th September 2004, 06:29 PM
Shade gulps loudly. She goes within herself and finds all sorts of energy, noticeably, speed. She summons this and sends it throughout her body. The feeling is a cold feeling, and it almost makes her shiver. Next, she spins her staff around, it spinning faster and faster. The rose begins to glow and Shade thrusts it at a creature, the bolt of light heading towards the creature with astonishing speed.

Mantis takes one look at the creatures and hides behind Fujiko. "What's that?" She asks. Even Mantis can't conceal her terror; it his present physically and mentally.


OOC: Are the monsters PCs or NPCs?

PlasmaBolt52
29th September 2004, 07:40 PM
OoC: I am so sorry or being so inactive, I've got schoolwork major. And I'll RP the large monster.

IC: "I don't know what that thing is!" said Yujiko. "I've never heard of it before, and I majored in study of the spirit realm!"

The creature didn't even try to avoid the light attack. It hit it full on. But when the light cleared, the creature stood there, undamaged.

"What the. . . ?!" Yujiko started. But then the creature lunged at him. Yujiko used the same attack he had used to clear many of the Spectres, but the creature stood there, seemingly undamaged. Yujiko stood there, dumbfounded. The creature wasn't taking any damage! In fact, it seemed to be growing stronger. . . .

Shade
2nd October 2004, 08:53 PM
OOC: Sry, I did realize you had posted :-[

IC: Mantis leaps backwards and begins to power up her wind spell by summoning up the Spirit of the Wind. That wind becomes one within her hand. The wind swirls around, forming a huge ball of wind. Then, Mantis throws the ball of wind at the monster. "Catch!" She yells.

Jade flies far away from the monster, and Shade herself takes a few steps backwards. "Okay," Shade says in her deep voice. "Now what?"

Amethyst Shine
5th October 2004, 02:58 PM
OoC: Hi. I'm taking PlasmaBolt52's place, at his request. I'm sorry to say, he's out with neumonia.

IC: The monster seemed unaffected by the wind attack. Indeed, it seemed to enjoy the attacks. It rushed at Fujiko, much faster this tim. Fujiko dodged the attack, but the beast still got him in the arm.

"When all else fails," he shouted, "RRRUUUNNN!!!"

Shade
5th October 2004, 03:14 PM
Shade and Jade don't need to be told twice. Wincing slightly from watching the incident, Shade casts bolt on Mantis, Fujiko, Jade and herself. This speeds them up twice as much. Then, she runs full speed ahead. Unless she smashes into something, she will never stop running.