View Full Version : ~The General Trivia Thread~

Uurion
16th September 2004, 11:41 PM
Rules:
Nothing offensive
Follow all GUA rules
Any topic goes

Directions:
Answer the person above you's trivia question, and if you are right You then post your own trivia question.

First Question: What is always true about a 6 sided dice? (Hint: The answer is not: it's a cube)

Nakean
16th September 2004, 11:47 PM
When rolled it always lands on a number? .....

I dont know if im right so im not asking a queston

scyld
16th September 2004, 11:57 PM
A: Opposite sides add up to 7.

Q: What are the only mammals that lay eggs?

Uurion
16th September 2004, 11:59 PM
Uhhh....a penguin?

Nakean
16th September 2004, 11:59 PM
Isent it a platapus or something?

(if im right)

Can sloths swim?

Stephen
17th September 2004, 12:09 AM
Yes, very well. Like furry fishes.

What does arboreal mean?

Uurion
17th September 2004, 12:23 AM
Aboreal: Relating to/ a tree

Q: Who can tell me the artist that made the song: Waiting for yesterday (Hint the album name is potters field)

Stephen
17th September 2004, 12:34 AM
12 Stones of course!!

Do Plato's "frames" exist?

Uurion
17th September 2004, 12:37 AM
*Impressed* Not bad Kenny...no idea for your question though.

Stephen
17th September 2004, 12:53 AM
Hahaha! The first non-googlable question, and the thread stops dead.

:icon_blus

Uurion
17th September 2004, 01:05 AM
LMAO!
so what is this thing of yours anyways kenny?

scyld
17th September 2004, 01:06 AM
(The complete answer to my previous question- monotremes, the members of the order Monotrema, which are the duck billed platypus and the echinda.)

Are they, like, reference frames?

Cause if they are, they exist, like in Gallilean Relativity and Special and General Relativity.

(I mean, what else could it be? Like, do the "forms" exist or not? How could you say yes or no to that?)

Woody
17th September 2004, 04:43 AM
Well I wouldn't think they would exist if they were reference frames. The only 'ultimate' frame of reference is light. So I'm willing to say that Plato's frames do not exist.

If I'm right:
Why do you never find a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow? (Scientific answer please :P)

Intel_Hydralisk
17th September 2004, 09:06 AM
Well I wouldn't think they would exist if they were reference frames. The only 'ultimate' frame of reference is light. So I'm willing to say that Plato's frames do not exist.

If I'm right:
Why do you never find a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow? (Scientific answer please :P)

If they are reference frames, there is NO preferred reference frame. There was a theorized "ether"-the ultimate reference frame with which the universe is moving with respect to- but that was proved to be false in the early 1900's. I don't know what plato's "frames" are, but my best guess would that it has something to do with philosophy as opposed to physics as plato was more a philosopher... but since it's a yes/no question... I'll just guess yes since the last person guessed no and one of us has to be right.

Woody
17th September 2004, 06:08 PM
Well the aether doesn't exist. The Michelson-Morely experiment proved that. The aether was just a medium for light to progergate, as people thought everything (including electromagnetic waves) had to move through something

scyld
17th September 2004, 09:38 PM

Because rainbows don't touch the ground.

And leprechauns don't exist. Because I put an end to them.

Little perverted pyros.

Anywhooo... according to legend, what ruler commited sucide by getting bitten by a venomous snake?

(I think the imprecision of the question will make it hard to google :) )

sav
18th September 2004, 06:31 AM
That would be Cleopatra, who was bitten by an Asp.

Hmm..

Who is the only surviving member of The Ramones?

whirlwind
18th September 2004, 07:18 AM
That would be Tommy Ramone... (We will never forget johnny!)

Who were the 4 ORIGINAL Members of the sex pistols? And where were they formed....?