PDA

View Full Version : The Blood Twine Recruitment Thread

Paradise Wandering
13th May 2005, 03:46 PM
Okay... These BT people are like bloody phoenixes...no matter how many times you close their thread, they keep getting a new one :p... if the new system is to my liking, I may even come back o.O'

On a more serious note...

Pustolio, make the first post. Any questions/problems, don't hesitate to PM me about it.

Closes 5/20

Mod Notes: The old clan died and I posted a message, and Pustolio asked for option number three, a new thread, by PM. Here it is.

Enjoy yourself, Pust.

Current member list to save myself time later:
Pustolio
Barrett
Notorious
Sepheroth
Poison
Morrigan

Pustolio
15th May 2005, 07:45 PM
The Blood Twine

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/Pustolio/BloodOmen.gif

Leaders

Pustolio

Notorious

The original purpose of the Blood Twine is to rise among the ranks as one of the greatest clans in the BA. Although, through 3 revamps, I would like to change to purpose to simply gathering a community in which we can RP together. Furthermore, the Blood Twine's wishes to wage conflict and disarray amongst other clans, through clan spars and clan wars. The BT also wishes to improve the RP skillz of our members and to guide new members to the path of RP excellence.

Rules

-All CF and BA rules must be followed
-Anyone may join this clan; although, for preference, the Blood Twine is of a neutral alignment.
-Please use the clan lounge threads or any other Blood Twine chat thread or the PM system to have friendly conversation, suggestions for future clan business, or just being goofy. The official Blood Twine clan thread is for clan business only.
-Please inform a leader or a representative if a member were to have a leave of absence.

-Within the IC portion of ranking, there is 1 leader, 1 overlord, 2 apprentices, and N/A amount of combatants.
-One member cannot be the leader of two or more brigades.
-To advance in rank within the Blood Army, a member could either be appointed by a leader to a higher rank. OR, once a member challenges and wins in a clan spar. (The judging system for deciding which member is victor is pending.)
-Members can only challenge members who are ONE rank above them. Thus, a combatant cannot challenge a brigade leader until he defeats an apprentice and an overlord.

-Within the OOC portion of ranking, he/she is either appointed by a leader.

-A member is allowed to join a brigade that either corresponds with their primary and/or secondary element.
-A member who wishes to join a brigade that does not correspond with their primary and/or secondary element, is able to join, after having a spar in the target brigade and winning.

Members

In order of replys

Pustolio
Barrett
Notorious
Sepheroth
Poison
Morrigan

Clan Rankings

Leader: Self-explanatory

Co-leader: The next in line for leadership of the clan.

Avatar: A member who shows impressive and awesome qualities that benefit those in not only the clan but entire BA itself. Avatars usually have been in the clan for a long period; have kept a frequent/steady activity whenever possible; have shown impressive leadership skills; have given significant contribution to the clan; and helping those in need. Avatars are the closest next in line for the position of leader, whenever the situation calls for it. Responsibilities/duties include following the clan, BA, and CF rules; clan activity; clan recruitment; guiding adepts, cadets, archons, and lords; leading/making/suggesting quests; relations with other BA clans; other.

Lord: A member who has well surpassed the expectations of superiors as well as being a positive role model to the newer and preceding ranks. Lords show activity frequently and quite often; giving much contribution to the clan; aiding others; and showing leadership skills. Responsibilities/duties include following the clan, BA, and CF rules; clan activity; clan recruitment; guiding adepts, cadets, archons; leading/making/suggesting quests; other.

Archon: A member who has well proven himself/herself of worth and benefit to the clan. Archons show frequent activity, high enthusiasm, has made a satisfying amount of beneficial contributions to the clan. Responsibilities/duties include following the clan, BA, and CF rules; clan activity; clan recruitment; guiding adepts and cadets; other.

Adept: A member who has proven himself/herself a worthy addition to the clan and show moderate activity, follows all regulations, and has placed a stable foothold in the clan. Responsibilities/duties include following the clan, BA, and CF rules; clan activity; clan recruitment; guiding cadets; other.

Cadet: A newcomer to the clan and/or a member who has not showed a significant amount of activity. Cadets do not have much power in the clan, yet, nonetheless are still important to the clan. Responsibilities/duties include: following the clan, BA, and CF rules; clan activity; clan recruitment; other.

Blood Army Rankings

Note: The Blood Army rankings are meant ICly: quests, spars, FFAs, clan wars, etc.

Blood Knight: Master warriors of the Blood Army; the rare and the few that excel in melee and arcanic combat. They are the elite and the final executors in times of war and heated conflict. It is not often for a true Blood Knight to be seen- for one who is deemed a Blood Knight must show ruthlessness, a maddening love for killing and combat, an eternal loyalty to the leaders of the Blood Twine... and such qualities are not often seen... These prestigious warriors comprise their own sect of the Blood Army.

Overlords: The leader of a specific brigade of the army. They are responsible for guiding combatants under their command throughout any quest, battle, or other sort of assignment. Overlords report directly to the leader(s) of the clan.

Apprentice: The second in command of an army brigade. They assist the overlord whenever possible or when asked. When an overlord falls in battle or suddenly disappears- the apprentice assumes the leadership of the brigade.

Combatant: The most abundant and most important part of the Blood Army (in some cases exceeding the importance of the Blood Knights.) Warriors are skilled in melee combat, arcanic combat, or both. Warriors are split into separate brigades of the army: either of their primary or their secondary element; or just of simple preference. Combantants report directly to the leaders of the clan, the overlords, or the apprentices.

Blood Army Brigades

Army of Tiamat: A brigade devoted to Tiamat, a vicious female water dragon- ruler of the oceans and seas and all freshwater/seawater sources. Tiamat's symbol of power is the trident.
Leader:
Overlord:
Apprentice(s):
Combatants:

Army of Zu: A brigade devoted to Zu, a mythical and giant bird- its glorious broadspread wings having power over the winds and air currents.
Leader:
Overlord:
Apprentice(s):
Combatants:

Army of Garm: A brigade devoted to a smoky haze of smoke and shadow... in the form of a montrous hound. As it travels the night realm, darkness and shadow engulf and enshroud all that surrounds it.
Leader:
Overlord:
Apprentice(s):
Combatants: Barrett, Notorious

Army of Freya: A brigade represented by an astonishly dazzling and beautiful nymph... mistress of the woods and of fertility.
Leader:
Overlord:
Apprentice(s):
Combatants:

Army of Salamandra: A brigade devoted to a fiery red and orange salamander, towering above the heights of normal men. Licks of inferno spark from the pores of its sleek body.
Leader:
Overlord:
Apprentice(s):
Combatants:

Army of Thiazi: A brigade who honors an almost invincible stone giant; the master of rock and stone remaining in slumber deep in an elaborate system of underground caverns.
Leader:
Overlord:
Apprentice(s):
Combatants:

Army of Thor: A brigade devoted to the awesome might of a thunder god... a valient visage of strength and vitality, with mystical warhammer as his preferred weapon.
Leader:
Overlord:
Apprentice(s):
Combatants:

Army of Balder: A brigade devoted to the description (from ancient scrolls) of a mystical spectre, a traveller of the Astral Plane and the connection in between soul after soul.
Leader:
Overlord:
Apprentice(s):
Combatants: Poison

Army of Alfheim: A brigade devoted to a society of light elves, rumored to harness the power of day... and even more awesome, the power of the sun itself.
Leader:
Overlord:
Apprentice(s):
Combatants:

Sacred Order of the Blood Knights (appoint only):
Leader:
Overlord:
Apprentice(s):
Combatants:

Point System

Award System

50 points- Joining the clan
50 points- Being active in clan threads
50 points- Recruiting a member
70 points- Recruiting a moderator
80 points- Recruiting a super moderator
90 points- Recruiting an administrator
100 points- Starting a quest and successively completing it
75 points- Sparring against another member and winning
75 points- Challenging and winning in a spar against a member in another clan
N/A points- Showing improvement or diligence to improve in RPing skills
N/A points- Carrying out an assigned task successively
N/A points- Doing something good or new for the clan

Penalty system

To be created...

Rewards System

Under construction...

Alrighty fellow GUAers, Pustolio here again. The Blood Twine has once again risen from the ashes of despair and desolation... The Blood Twine will refuse to die! NEVER!!! *Ahem*, for the time being that this is a recruitment thread and not the actual clan thread- please do not make any IC entries (save your RP 1337n3ss for the clan threads :D) So, at this point, please post your character's name, element, a link or indication of the character's profile (if the profile is not present or not in existence, then do not worry), and which section of the Blood Army you wish to be in. That is all. :D Also, this thread does not have all the information yet... I want to get the basic jist down, and if the recruitment goes well, then I'll add the rest of the stuff (banners, incomplete systems) and work more on existing material within this. ALSO, the Blood Twine is going to participate in a clan war against the Armies of the Forbidden One. ALL WHO ENTER THE BLOOD TWINE WILL BE ABLE TO PARTICIPATE AND TEST THE WONDERS OF A CLAN WAR! So, go ahead, post your introduction and recruit members!

SunouNeozaki
16th May 2005, 10:58 AM
Me me me Im still in but with my TV character Mongandure and Im in an army all to my self. The Army of Darkness..... whahahahaha

Notorious
16th May 2005, 01:39 PM
I'm in... you should have already know that Pustolio... I said I would be here in the Blood Twine even after my time in GUA is done.

Marcellus Nero here...

If I need to pick a section either Garm or Balder... each are cool and Marcellus loves things that are evil and both seem to be at least somewhat

Pustolio
16th May 2005, 03:00 PM
Hehehe, sorry bout that Notorious. FIRST POST EDITED! YOU ARE MAH FELLOW BROTHER IN ARMS... TO GLORY! BWAHAHA! And thanks Barrett, for returning. Hopefully, this time around the clan will be alot more successful. Anyways, a few notes:

-Notorious, please PM me as soon as possible on your decision for your army choice. BTW, note that I did not put anyone down in the IC rankings save for combatants. Again, this is only a recruitment thread. Everything will come into play after the hopefully successful 5/20.

-I am glad that this system has put in some interest within you guys. Some of the army's dieties will change (I'll keep Garm the way it is... :D) Why? B/c the Blood Twine is a badass clan and I want to go for a more darker, edgier feel. The ones currently up were at the top of my head, and if this recruitment goes well I will have some sort of discussion set up to reformat the dieties in some way... (I definitely want to change Zu, Freya, Thiazi, and Alfheim into something much darker... The Army of Garm can not be occupied by every member in the clan :P)

-Additional changes to clan: I still need to figure out a more stable system for rank advancement, reward systems, penalty systems, requirements of members, editing the army profiles, and such... finding urls to old banners, making archives of previous BT, making schmatics of the newly revamped BT headquarters, creating clan threads, ideas for quests that will ensure survival and interest in the clan, etc., etc., etc... There's a lot of work to be done, as you can see. But! RECRUITMENT IS ALL THAT MATTERS AT THE MOMENT!!!

-Characters from originating from any part of the rping realms existing on GUA can be used. No restrictions there. :D

-I, myself, will change the character I will RP as. Using Shinriko in the past stirred up a few problems and besides, I think this will be a good change in order. The new character's profile will be ready sometime this week, hopefully before the recruitment thread succeeds and is completed (which is this Friday.)

-I am quite happy with the avatar thing I inserted at the top of the page. I figure it could be the BT's insignia or something...

-Members: So far we have 3 members. We still need 4 more. Ill try to get in touch with mxuxl1 at school tomorrow. Im sure he will probably join. Anyways, as first order of business we must recruit peoples. Recruit (or just inform) anyone who is remotely interested in the this rough version format of BT (whether they are new or older members to GUA, old members of BT, etc.) So, go out! PM your RP buddies whether in BA, DS, TV, HRoS, AO and tell them to come on over!

SunouNeozaki
16th May 2005, 11:55 PM
Now your talkin my language. That is the only resen I brought over my TV character. Pus you know what Im talking about.

I have a good Idea of a banner but I dont know how to make one so Ill just give you the words that are going to be in it and hopefuly Pus you can make it for me.

Banner:
Out of the fires of Hell. A new power forms. Mongandure of the Blood Twine.

If you can make it dark and iry I would be most abliged.

Oh and what I want from all who joins is to be active as much as possible. You cant have a clan with inactive members. Also I will be working on a penalty system for you Pus. If that is ok I mean.

Notorious
17th May 2005, 02:39 PM
Place me in Garm aswell then.

I have PMed several members and fellow RPers... so now I am playing the waiting game.

Pustolio
17th May 2005, 05:30 PM
Now your talkin my language. That is the only resen I brought over my TV character. Pus you know what Im talking about.
Hehehe. I hear ya, Barrett. :P

I have a good Idea of a banner but I dont know how to make one so Ill just give you the words that are going to be in it and hopefuly Pus you can make it for me.
Ill work on that, but, after the recruitment is complete. I should be able to work on it during the weekend... speaking of banners, I currently only found one banner from the preceding BT. I know where the other one is, but I will have to check again later.

Oh and what I want from all who joins is to be active as much as possible. You cant have a clan with inactive members. Also I will be working on a penalty system for you Pus. If that is ok I mean.
Well said. That was pretty much the downfall of the last 2 revamps. And, go ahead and work on the penalty system (only if you really want to and it is not conflicting with anything.) It saves me a bit of time for all generous amounts of other stuffs I have on my agenda. NOTE: Notorious and Barrett, if you feel you can work on something that will benefit the clan in any way, do not hesitate to ask and work away. Just inform me sometime during that period.

Place me in Garm aswell then.
I have PMed several members and fellow RPers... so now I am playing the waiting game.
Post has been edited. And good work Notorious! :D PM/contact me ASAP when you get replies.

Notes: Plans for the weekend (pending)- So far, here is what I hope to accomplish this weekend.

-Fix the army (change some of the names, the dieties, make avatars for each army, broaden descriptions)
-Appoint leaders of armies (at the moment, I guess it will be first come, first serve)
-Add in extra stuff for the first post
-Create a chat thread
-Assign tasks to ease my everincreasing workload
-***BRAINSTORM IDEAS FOR QUESTS!!!!***

SunouNeozaki
18th May 2005, 06:06 AM
Well I already havce one major Idea for a tourny. It would be two clans and they vs. each other round at a time for for rounds. Then the victors on both sides will have another battle aganst each other. Then it will be a clan vr clan battle in which at the end who ever remains on iether side they will battle and then at the end of that battle the victors willed be the clan that Rped the best acourding to my standerds.

Burice
18th May 2005, 07:49 AM
I know this might sound odd, but I want back in. I've been giving it some thought for a while. I am in the OoTS, but I think I could do some part time work here. But can we please do a clan war at one point, the one against the AotFO didn't take place last time.

So if it's okay with you guys, can I come back? but this time, i'll be using Malkar.

TrollSlayer
18th May 2005, 02:51 PM
Count me in on this clan....Place me in the Balder army. I'll do the best I can for the clan if you guys will have me.

Pustolio
18th May 2005, 05:04 PM
BWAHHAHAHHAAH! WE HAVE FIVE!!! EXCELLENT! MWAHHAHAHHAHA!!! So, we need 2 more members and we today, tomorrow, and the end of Friday to complete the recruitment. I think we are cutting short, but, hopefully we will reap some progress once Notorious gets those replies.

Ok, good to have you back Sephy... or else I woulda slapped you round a bit and drag you back. :p. I just need to know which army brigade you want to be in. (READ MY DIRECTIONS!!!! :p)

BTW, Sephy, as I stated before the clan war IS going to happen. Take note:

Yes, the war is coming, but now we're trying to make the system practical for use and we'll all be the first to test it, hopefully many more wars will come from it - BK

Count me in on this clan....Place me in the Balder army. I'll do the best I can for the clan if you guys will have me.

THANK YOU FOR JOINING!!!!! :D:D:D It is much appreciated. As of now, just wait till the recruitment will be finally complete. From then, Ill have plenty of stuff to keep members busy and bored free. :P

Well I already havce one major Idea for a tourny. It would be two clans and they vs. each other round at a time for for rounds. Then the victors on both sides will have another battle aganst each other. Then it will be a clan vr clan battle in which at the end who ever remains on iether side they will battle and then at the end of that battle the victors willed be the clan that Rped the best acourding to my standerds.

Alrighty, a bit broad at the moment, but good nonetheless. During the weekend, Ill set up the clan thread so we can delve into that matter. And keep those cool ideas coming... AND RECRUIT PPLS!!! THE BLOOD TWINE NEEDS SLAVES... Aaahahah... eh... I MEAN!!! WARRIORS! ... ehEHheh.. eheh... yeaaaa...

All new members added to my little edit in the first post. You have two to go. I'm watching this thread, and you still have two and a half days. Good luck. -- Zachary

Notorious
19th May 2005, 09:09 PM
I have a cool Idea on how to become appointed of the specific group... there will be a ffa, one for each section. the winner of the free for all gets head position, second place gets one under and so on and so forth. If there is only one member in the assigned group if they wish to be leader they must challenge one of the leaders of the clan to a duel to see if they are worthy enough.

This way we don't have less skilled RPers as the leaders when better ones are under them.

Kinda rough right now but I will begin to work on a better one, as well as a training thread... once the clan is actually up and running

Morrigan
20th May 2005, 07:12 PM
Sign... me... up.

TrollSlayer
20th May 2005, 08:03 PM
I've sent an invitation to another RPer, but haven't gotten a reply from them yet.

Okay... you have six members, and the time comes for me to close it. But I'm a nice mod and I'm in a good mood. Tell ya what. I will give you to tomorrow night to get a final member. But no longer, sorry. You have one more day, Pusty. -- YouKnowWho

Pustolio
20th May 2005, 08:37 PM
ALRIGHTY!! Thank you Zachary!!! :D:D:D, we shall not fail!

Ok, people, you heard Zachary. We need one more person. Thanks to Morrigan for almost achieving our goal (BTW, you and Sepheroth need to give me an idea of which army brigade you want to be in, dont worry bout names, just which element you would like.) Anyways, I have PMed a couple of people plus with the culmination of Notorious, Poison, and any others who I have not mentioned. I am sure we can get one member easy... But, it would not hurt to take advantage of this and get more than one person to come into here.

I have a cool Idea on how to become appointed of the specific group... there will be a ffa, one for each section. the winner of the free for all gets head position, second place gets one under and so on and so forth. If there is only one member in the assigned group if they wish to be leader they must challenge one of the leaders of the clan to a duel to see if they are worthy enough.

This way we don't have less skilled RPers as the leaders when better ones are under them.

Kinda rough right now but I will begin to work on a better one, as well as a training thread... once the clan is actually up and running
Alrighty, so far so good. We can add this list to our evergrowing agenda. I am thinking maybe type of ffas/spars should be mod judged; to be fair and unbiased and all. And I assume the training thread is for the old BT's serpent familiars?

Ok, so here's a list of jobs/tasks needed to be done or open:

-finding all Blood Twine banners from previous revamps
-coming up with edits for army names
-extended descriptions/backgrd info for army brigades
-leadership
-creating clan lounge/clan spam thread/clan suggestion thread
-ideas for future quests
-expansion of tourny/ffa idea
-awards system/penalty system/point system
-debate for training thread
-GFX ideas
-discussion of clan headquarter schematics

Erm... yea.. I still have work in other areas right now, but I can probably get the old BT banners soon enough. The others I am not sure when I can get to. Anyway, these are open, so go on ahead if you need something to do. Till then, Im off to work.

mxuxl1
20th May 2005, 08:54 PM
+1 member?

That makes seven again, eight if you count the Ceasap2.

Thats good enough for me. Thread closed. Gimme a minute to make the clan thread... -- Isn'tItObviousByNow?

Paradise Wandering
21st May 2005, 07:02 AM
Have fun people. (http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?p=310736#post310736)