PDA

View Full Version : Order of the Masquerade

Bad_Kharma
15th September 2004, 06:32 PM
Fr34kShaman make the first post

Mod notes:

3/10 - two new spammy posts, not very impressive.
21/9 - fine.

fr34kShaman
15th September 2004, 06:38 PM
Clan Name: Order of the Masquerade
Clan Objective: To establish and use a forum based roleplaying structure based on Vampire: The Masquerade.

Members:
Prince: Fr34kShaman

Primogen:
MoonlightRequiem
Squidward
Poison
Mindframe
Krogothic
Splat

Elders:
None

The Ancillae:
None

Neonates:
None

Information:
Alrighty, basically you are entering the modern world either as a vampire or a human. There are many vampiric clans *per say* that you may use in roleplaying. The Masquerade is a roleplaying game that uses "rolls" for skills. These "rolls" are put into roleplaying sense and your skills should suceed at your own judgement.

Okay, for more information, visit my site.
http://www.geocities.com/big_rap_a

If you'd like to join the clan, just post in the thread, or pm me.

Vampiric Hierarchy (Camarilla)

The Prince

The ruling vampire of a Camarilla-held territory is called the prince. This powerful vampire is usually of Clan Ventrue or Toreador; however, Brujah, Nosferatu or even Malkavian princes are not unknown. The prince has absolute power to establish, grant or strip domains, and to declare certain areas off limits for hunting. The prince may declare certain areas as Elysium (neutral ground where violence is prohibited), and may call blood hunts on rebels and malcontents who violate the Six Traditions.

Princes tend to control city-sized regions; thus, there is a Prince of Paris, a Prince of Chicago, a Prince of Atlanta, etc. Because a city's prince has often lived in the area for centuries, she has had ample time to build a power structure, and usually knows far more about the workings of "her" city than rebellious anarchs give her credit for.

The Primogen

The prince is often served by a council of advisors chosen from powerful elders of the various clans. These elders are collectively called primogen. Though, in theory, a prince's rule is absolute, a prince who fails to heed her primogen often finds herself deposed or killed in short order. The primogen are formidable forces in their own right, and ceaselessly intrigue against each other and the prince.

The Elders

Elders are vampires who have existed for 300 or more years. They have mastered many magical powers during this time; most elders are deadly and formidable creatures. Elders tend to be scheming, ruthless and paranoid beings; they will do anything to hold onto their power structures, oppress or manipulate the younger "upstart" vampires, and destroy their rivals.

The Ancillae

Below the elders are the ancillae. Ancillae are most often vampires who have lived from 100 to 300 years of unlife, though certain ambitious younglings may achieve the rank prematurely. As their name suggests, ancillae often serve as aides and agents for elders or the court; they usually play their own power-games as well, though these are of lesser consequence than the manipulations of the elders.

The Neonates

Lowest in rank are the neonates, those vampires created less than a century ago. Though occasionally cherished, neonates are often deployed as pawns by scheming elders. This callous treatment, combined with the value recent generations place on individuality, often causes neonates to resent their elders. After all, when one came of age during the Summer of Love, it is hard to empathize with a reactionary old tyrant who grew up amid feudal oaths and Divine Rights.

Most beginning characters are presumed to be neonates.

TrollSlayer
19th September 2004, 11:23 AM
allright, I'm here and reporting for duty.

fr34kShaman
19th September 2004, 12:06 PM
Well, hopefully more people will post in the thread and we can get this ball rolling. First topic of discussion is, how do you guys want the "system" to run. I was thinking making it a traditional WoD and have a storyteller for every quest. The rewards and such at the end of the "quests" will be decided by the storyteller. Any opinions?

Splat
19th September 2004, 12:52 PM
No idear about it and whatnot. I'm here, though. I think we'd have to run some kind of interconnected campaign, though. I'm not storyteller material, btw, I haven't played enough.

fr34kShaman
19th September 2004, 12:57 PM
For the first few quests i'll be storyteller, hence my char starting as Ancillae as apposed to a Neonate. The initial goal is to overthrow the current Prince of Chicago and his Primogen. So, thats the campaign, and there will be various otherwise useless quests to get people used to whatever system the initial members decide upon.

Splat
19th September 2004, 05:21 PM
So I should make a brand-new neonate? Also, the combat system might be a bit tough to work with in a post-by-post system, but since this IS a message board...

How much fighting as opposed to RPing is going to be involved in the campaign? Personally, I'm leaning towards a system with relatively little in the way of combat, although there should be SOME combat.

Also, do you only want us to use Camarilla clan characters or what? I personally like Obtenebration a bit, so... :P

TrollSlayer
19th September 2004, 08:06 PM
well, I'm absolutely lost, so there is no point in me trying to act like I know whats going on. I know absolutely nothing about The Masquerade, but I will learn as I go.

Splat
19th September 2004, 08:23 PM
Poison: Buy or download the Vampire: The Masquerade Rulebook. It's a pretty big pdf file, and you might accidently download the game guide, but yeah. That'll help you out a lot.

fr34kShaman
19th September 2004, 09:44 PM
Eventhough vampiric society is very violent in a sense, it is also very political. So i doubt there will be much fighting, and in the event that there is some fighting, just use common sense, we arent going to have "rolls" . We're just gonna rp it with some form of dignity. Personally, I would prefer only the Camarilla clans for now, later on, when we educate the n00bies, the other clans can be introduced.

TrollSlayer
21st September 2004, 08:02 PM
can i get a free download for it? If so, where at?

Splat
21st September 2004, 08:47 PM
limewire. least, that's what I used.

kazaa probably has one too.

asda[wc3]
9th November 2004, 09:35 AM
Before I did not notice the severity of the spam above and I should've warned you at the time but now it is too late and so I will just have to give you this unofficial warning.

Also, this clan has fallen into the depths of inactivity, and it's your choice whether you let it sink or try and get it afloat again. You have three options:
1. The clan is closed.
2. If the current leader is inactive, or voted unable to hold up the clan then a new leader can be elected.
3. This clan thread is closed and a replacement recruitment thread is made.

You have 1 week to make your decision. If no decision is made then numero uno is the default.

You have until 16/11. gracias y buenos días