PDA

View Full Version : New Bonus Discussion

xix_xix
26th April 2005, 09:18 PM
Never mind what race it is for, this post is for ideas for possible Bonuses IF!! any new race is added to the game.

PLEASE!! do not use this topic to post your new race ideas as there are plenty of other topics for that.

Please only use this for ideas about what a new race could get if they were added at some stage.

-----

Ideas for Race Bonuses

Commander gives 1 man back to generals every time commanders link gets clicked the number of times they have generals

e.g If a commander has 20 Generals, for every 20 clicks that the commander recieves, their Generals all get 1 extra man.

-

Unit production is half price

e.g The cost of upgrading unit production is half price

-

Extra men up through the chain

e.g Instead of getting 1 man for every time a General recieves 2 clicks, commander would get 1 man every time General got 1 click (TBG of each man would be less to compensate)

-

Huge army bonus

e.g Would be allowed to have more men in attacking force than enemy and still steal lots of gold.

-

Advanced Race

e.g Attack and Defence upgrades could be higher % jumps than other races due to their superior knowledge

-

Cheaper training of soldiers / spies etc

e.g Training Attack / Defence soldiers could be half price, training spies and sentries could be 3/4 the price of other races

-

Elite Units

e.g Could be a unique unit only available to the 1 race that was very powerful.

Giant
Cost - 1million
strength - 15,000

Feel free to add your own

Think outside the box, be immaginative.

Revered
26th April 2005, 10:14 PM
Wow...many ideas... I have one suggestion...More officers = increased attack turns. or sumtin else. Sumtin to increase amount of attack turns.

I was thinking outside the box...or inside??? whatever juss an idea

Revered

Jaded_Ravager
26th April 2005, 10:41 PM
Tactician

Would have advantages in the tactics section (if there is decided to be one) Perhaps, higher ambush bonus (see ambushing suggestion by xix_xix). I also heard there is talk of a flanking tactic, etc, etc...

meleemaster
27th April 2005, 01:42 AM
The only problem I see is the point. Why make bonuses if there is no race to go alongside them? Go to an existing race thread or make your own with these, otherwise it's just a waste since there might not be an original race to go with it.

frozen_banana
27th April 2005, 08:09 AM
We need more UPGRADES i think, let's use some of this great ideas for every race as a upgrade or something!

xix_xix
27th April 2005, 03:05 PM
The only problem I see is the point. Why make bonuses if there is no race to go alongside them? Go to an existing race thread or make your own with these, otherwise it's just a waste since there might not be an original race to go with it.

If you figure out what the best bonus available to a new race would be, that will help you decide which race to include.

Having 1 topic for ideas about new bonuses also helps keep all the similar ideas in 1 forum to be compared against each other and critiqued.

Comming up with the rules for a new race is far more important than comming up with the races name.

Shadow_
27th April 2005, 09:25 PM
I say they should make a new race, give it either spy or sentry bonus and give elves the one that they don't give the new one. It is basically better to be an elf if you get 22% bonus on 2 diff things. Especially spy and sentry the two most important things in the game. Maybe another race too for unit production bonus, like what ever your unit production is it doubles it, or gives you an extra half of what you already get. One that makes upgrades cheaper. One that makes weapons cheaper. These are great ideas I think. They should also add more weapons, like a weapon that costs $1,000,000 that does 15,000, and a weapon that costs $2,500,000 that does like 100,000. That would be nice.

xix_xix
29th April 2005, 12:41 PM
When you are playing the game, try and notice small things that could be changed (COULD BE ANYTHING!!!) that hasnt already been mentioned, I think if we all hear spies and sentry bonuses again we will all go nuts.

I tried to include some bonuses in my 1st post that have not been thought of before (the extra men from generals, larger armies attacking smaller armies)

There will be dozens of possible extra bonuses that could be included that HAVENT!!! been thought of yet.

noirs
29th April 2005, 02:04 PM
What is generals???

crazeddragon
29th April 2005, 02:58 PM
Make a race that gets a 10% bonus to everything... or maybe that is too much but how about 7% to everything maybe like halflings or something like that. ??

laqurai
29th April 2005, 04:03 PM
I like the idea of increasing the amount of attack turns. Maybe you could do it like this. For every 2 fortification upgrades you get double the amount of the current attack turns. If you look at it in a RPG sense, If your army improves the land it lives on (say a camp is roughly 1 acre) and goes and aquires more acrage (and say a walled town is roughly 40 acres) then you should receive more attack turns per turn since your army has become more "civilized" in the fortification. (The acre thing is just an example of how large these fortifications may be in realitive terms.)

eg:

current attack turns 1 per 30 min
upgrade 2 fortifications, now I receive 2 per 30 min.

The higher your fortification is the more you receive

current attack turns 6 per 30 min
upgrade 2 more fortifications, now I receive 12 per 30 min.

You could also max out the number of attack turns to 20 per 30 min. This would make it so after you already used all your turns you could wait anther 30 min and do a full attack again.

The other thing that might be interesting is giving your army an education. I'm sure most people have played Age of Empires or Empire Earth. Anyway, you could upgrade the education level of your army so that they now have an increased knowlege to produce stronger weapons. Your education would have levels as upgrading your covert action so you could start with Level 1 and upgrade to level 2, 3, 4, 5 and so on.

eg:

upgrade the education to level 5

all your weapons both attack and defense now have 5 times the strength or a 5% increase in strength.

(of course there might need to be a cap as to how high the leveling up should go.)

Or maybe You could also research how to mine for gold for increasing the amount you can make per turn. This way it is not limited to just the number of clicks or the size of your army number of officers and so on. (not sure if increasing the gols like this is an improvement as it could be a pain in the arse.) This would also give the small chains not associated to a clan or the lone wolf's out there a chance to increase their gold production and actually participate against the bigger guys.

boriszima
29th April 2005, 07:23 PM
some great ideas

1-more attack turns, that is only important for people who do not live off TBG. so it only is needed for smaller accounts. big people rarely attack as its not worth for them

2-i am guessing by general you mean a commander. so if ao commander gets a click, his officer gets a click ?

and if a commander has like 20 or more officers, that idea will kind of lead to some people creating more accounts under them to get those free benifits.

xix_xix
29th April 2005, 08:23 PM
The other thing that might be interesting is giving your army an education. I'm sure most people have played Age of Empires or Empire Earth. Anyway, you could upgrade the education level of your army so that they now have an increased knowlege to produce stronger weapons. Your education would have levels as upgrading your covert action so you could start with Level 1 and upgrade to level 2, 3, 4, 5 and so on.

This idea led me to think about experience - soldiers etc.

What if your trained soldiers gained experience through using attack turns and defending your gold, the more experienced they were the more dammage they would cause.

E.G :-
Say for example 1 Trained Attack Soldier starting out would cause 10 dammage.

As soon as 100 attack turns have been used since that soldier has been in the army, he gains +2dammage due to his experience (if he survives).

(use attack turns because, if it was the number of times a player attacked some 1, people would just use 1 attack turn on weak opponents over and over again to get bonuses faster, players more reluctant to waste attack turns, especially when you gonna use them anyways.)

When new soldiers are added to the ranks, their count up to 100 attack turns starts afresh with the veterans already in the army continuing the count from where they are.

(only the soldiers that have been in your army long enough to have been involved with 100 attack turns get the bonus)

Untrained soldiers would gain no bonus no matter how many attack turns they have been involved with. (considered pesants)

Information could be displayed to each player telling them the overall experience of their army with %'s of how many men they have of certain experience levels with a table/graph of how many men are close to the next bonus etc.

--

The same bonuses would be available to Trained Defensive soldiers, but instead of using attack turns, use number of attack turns used against you.

For every 100 attack turns used against you, your Defensive soldiers get the same +2 dammage bonus up to a maximum of 20 per soldier.

(Lots of soldiers die throughout using 100 attack turns, so a vast majority of men will die in the process, not making it past the other bonuses)

------

I wrote this in a blur as it just came to me while reading the other topics, there will be alot to discuss about it, but I think every 1 appriciates that the more a soldier fights, the more experienced they get??

To sum up

Trained! Soldiers would gain dammage bonuses for the more action they saw.

For every 100 attack turns that a Trained Attack soldier is involved in, they gain +2 dammage on their score.

For every 100 attack turns used against your army your Trained Defensive soldiers gain +2 dammage on their score.

New Trained soldiers would start the count at 0 and only when a soldier has reached the required level do they get the bonus, meaning every ones army will consist of men with various levels of experience.

Please Critique and add ideas / input.

Although quite a complicated idea, I know it is not a bad idea..

So please no stupid wasted posts with -10 words in it that dont add anything constructive.

Constructive critasim only please!

(Dont mind people slagging my ideas of, but please dont clog the forums with spam)

laqurai
29th April 2005, 10:35 PM
To sum up

Trained! Soldiers would gain dammage bonuses for the more action they saw.

For every 100 attack turns that a Trained Attack soldier is involved in, they gain +2 dammage on their score.

For every 100 attack turns used against your army your Trained Defensive soldiers gain +2 dammage on their score.

New Trained soldiers would start the count at 0 and only when a soldier has reached the required level do they get the bonus, meaning every ones army will consist of men with various levels of experience.

Please Critique and add ideas / input.

Although quite a complicated idea, I know it is not a bad idea..

So please no stupid wasted posts with -10 words in it that dont add anything constructive.

Constructive critasim only please!

(Dont mind people slagging my ideas of, but please dont clog the forums with spam)

This is a good idea however the coding behind this for a text based game would be a admin nightmare. If you think about it each soldier would have to have a create date assigned to them. This date would have to be down to the second. You would have to have a massive database to organize each users army and then have sub tables that organize each soldier with a date encode. There are then several fields that give information regarding the attributes to the individual soldier. These fields would indicate what rank each soldier was currently on and how many attacks they have either encountered or endured. One of the many problems would be how would the web interface interact and allocate a every single soldier to attack, defense, spy, and sentry and then know which one was killed in battle. You could have like a random DC modifier that would select at random which soldier was killed. I think for the next age that this won't go into effect, but maybe in a future release this maybe something to consider.

Please don't get me wrong. I like the idea I just think the logistics would be a nightmare at this stage.

What if you did this. Instead of having your soldiers increase in experience, what about having at random times through out the game the ability to train up to 5 or so "Super Soldiers". Each one of these would give various bonuses based on the race. These soldiers could be classified as follows for the current races:

Humans - Knight + 3% attack and + 4% tbg
Elves - Elder + 4% covert and 3% attack
Dwarves - Dwarf Lord +4% defense and 3% attack
Orcs - Battle Troll + 4% attack and 3% defense

For each "Super Soldier" you create it would take 5 untrained soldiers to create. The cost for the upgrade could be like 10,000 gold and as your rank increases so does the cost. So by the time your in the top 100 it would cost 100,000,000 gold.

I know people will say well we have this it's called "mercenaries". Well what if this replaced mercenaries.

sLyFoX
3rd May 2005, 10:44 PM
Elite Units

e.g Could be a unique unit only available to the 1 race that was very powerful.

Giant
Cost - 1million
strength - 15,000

that seems like a good idea