PDA

View Full Version : send only certain quantities of soldiers to battle

lukesalterego
26th April 2005, 12:56 AM
how about in a battle you can choose how many soldeirs you would like to send in, like with spies?

eg

TARGET: YO MAMA

ATTACK TURNS TO USE: [box]/15

Soldiers to send in: #/TFF

This could solve the constant need for mercs, as you would only lose the soldeirs you want to send in. Although there should be a minimu amount - something like 40% of TFF (so if you have a 10000 army, and there is a good target with 3000 army size, you cant get down that much to attack him effectively.

No i havent thought about what the Top ranked players would do, maybe a change in percentage of army you are allowed to send in hange as your army gets bigger: 10% for 100, 25 % for 1000, 50 % for 10000, 75% for 100,000, and a ban from this at over 500000.

This is a SUGGESTION, it is imperfect, i posted it to hear ideas about how to fix the problems that may occur with this system, so if your g\onna say "that wouldnt work, what about this? " at least post a way that it might be fixed.

Phyrus
26th April 2005, 01:02 AM
what if the opposition wants to send their entire force?

eth
26th April 2005, 02:04 AM
Its ok about offense, but what about defence? I get attacked 99% when i'm offline. we cannot choose how many soldiers we want to send then, now can we? The idea is good, luke, especially in the case of having lesser casualties. i cant think of any solutions to the defence problem, but it exists, so I stated it.

NoKtUrNaL
26th April 2005, 03:56 AM
Hmm i dont even know if its logical for offense
would it mean that the amount of attackers you send is the max the defenders can use?
i think the idea of kings of chaos is that you will lose soldiers...
how do you think the top 10 would be without people losing thousands of mercs?

it would not prevent them from buying them ALL before us (heh i got 1,500 earlier but thats off topic) and they would still be kicking everyones ass in TFF

i dunno if this has been completely thought out

Chaos-
A condition or place of great disorder or confusion.
Chaos is clearly not supposed to be so well orchestrated and i think the idea that your whole force fights together is realistic when you look at medieval wars and of course there are always casualties (unless you've trained down)
Anyway just my opinion :)

eth
26th April 2005, 08:10 AM
Oh well.....I didnt think of that nokturnal..hehe. Ok...maybe this isnt such a good idea after all. I really think that a poll would have been useful here, cos what I said in this post couldve been said in a poll.