PDA

View Full Version : Ambushing

xix_xix
24th April 2005, 05:39 PM
It suddenly occured to me about adding the ability to ambush in the game.

Most of us know what it is like to be sabbed / mass attacked.. It sux..

If there was an Ambush function that cost 100,000 gold per day to use (would need to pay every 24 hours manually)

You could select a player in the game that was causing you problems with repeated attacks, sabbs etc.

IF the player that you have in your Ambush box attacks you, you get 100% dammage on your defensive score (doubled), If the defender beats the enemy, then the enemy suffers x10 dammage/losses than they normally would.

If the person doesnt attack you within the 24 hours you paid for, you loose the gold, then you have to either pay again, or dont bother.

--

To make it fairer for all people, you might add, takeway percentages depending on the players ranks so that it is fairly used by every 1 in the game.

I realise there are LOTS!!!!!! of things that wouldnt work out with this idea, like a fair cost to all users to use the function.

Also for the very top players it would cause problems, as LordStriker would just pay to ambush Denny every single day and vice verca.

Plenty of problems to be worked out, but I think that the "mass attack and mass sabb" problem needs to be addressed, giving a player who is under this kind of attack a better chance at defending themselves.

Jaded_Ravager
24th April 2005, 10:17 PM
hmm...sounds like a pretty good idea. kinda setting a small (obviously limited) list of who you think might attack you and be prepared for it. So you made the post in the first place. How many names could one put on the ambush list (like you are super prepared for attacks from: name, name, name, etc. up to a certain #)?

also, instead of the set amount of 100,000 or wutever it is, maybe it'd be fair if it was a percentage of your TBG~ makin it pretty fair to every player

xix_xix
25th April 2005, 12:12 AM
for every player you wish to add to the ambush list you could charge an increasing ammount of gold every day.

1 person might be 100,000
2 people might be 250,000
3 people 600,000
4 people 1,500,000 etc etc etc

Ya cost per turn based gold is a good idea as that seems fairest way to get round that problem.

Could cost 50% of your TBG to put 1 person on ambush list for a day.

The more u add on to list would then calculate from how much TBG the person gets to make it fair to every 1.

:D

eth
25th April 2005, 12:46 AM
I'd call it a pretty idea, not a pretty good idea. Payign for ambushes...sounds good. I really cant make up my mind for this. I dont get your percentages or calculations.

IF the player that you have in your Ambush box attacks you, you get 100% dammage on your defensive score (doubled), If the defender beats the enemy, then the enemy suffers x10 dammage/losses than they normally would.

Would that be an ambush? I'm really confused abou the part of the 100% defense damage. If your defences are damaged 100%, what use will that be? The latter part is clear enough, but please elaborate the first part of the sentence.

xix_xix
25th April 2005, 05:15 PM
Sorry wasnt very clear :P

ok

Say I thought you were going to attack / sabb me.

I go to the Ambush area in the game and enter your name in the first box.

I would have to pay 50% of whatever my TBG is to set up an ambush for you if you attacked me. (If my TBG was 1million, it would cost 500,000 to set up ambush against you for 24 hours)

(say max of 5 names you can add to list)

--

If you didnt attack or sabb me within 24 hours of me paying, I loose the gold and would need to pay to set up another ambush ready for you.

-

If you DID! attack me, then my defensive score would double! what it was without an ambush. (Only against you)

If you Sabbed me, my Sentry score would double (only against YOU) not others.

The benefits would last the full 24 hours.

--

The rising costs for each additional Ambush you set up could cost more money to make it harder and harder to keep setting the ambushes up.

(5th person on list could cost TBGx5 (if TBG was 100,000 would cost 50,000 for the first guy on the list and would increase up to 500,000 to set up the 5th ambush)

Hope that makes a little more sence?

Jaded_Ravager
25th April 2005, 09:17 PM
Okay then lets start working out the details of the whole thing cuz it might be vague for some people:

*New Category after Mercenaries before Buddy List is Ambush (or Tactics if they decide to have several things in this area)

*There are five boxes to input names of accounts. You can also input names via their stats link (such as changing them to friend, alliance member, enemy, neutral, ambush)

*Once their name is entered your TBG goes down by:
0 names = 0%
1 name = 10%
2 names = 25%
3 names = 40%
4 names = 55%
5 names = 70%

*While their name is on the ambush list: you get a certain multiplier to your defense action: Let's call it x2 for now, for when they attack you. Their weapons will receive 10 times more damage and they will receieve 10 times more casualties. (as stated in first post)

*If they do attack you, they will receive a message:
"Your forces are ambushed by ~name~'s forces! You watch in horror as your army is slaughtered before your very eyes. Your generals report the following damage:"

*You can remove their name from your ambush list at anytime, and when you do, your TBG will go up according to how many people are still left on your ambush list.

Okay, what do u guys think? Is it specific enough? Anything to add/take out?

King_arthur1234
25th April 2005, 11:14 PM
great idea, i liked it. i think it is pretty specific and really can think of any changes that can be made to this. you put in a real sensible way Jaded Ravager, at first i could not understand the idea as it seemed reallly vague. i could'nt get the calculations as well ( i dont mean to offend you in any way xix xix, but i really could not understand it) you can hold a poll for this by clicking on 'thread tools' and then click on 'add a poll to this thread'.

meleemaster
26th April 2005, 12:56 AM
Your forces are ambushed by ~name~'s forces! You watch in horror as your army is slaughtered before your very eyes.

This is nit-picky, but I don't feel this really suits it, as they may not be getting slaughtered as such, just more casualties than usual. I think the admins should make the descriptions better (especially in the attack logs, when someone attacks you it is like you were attacking them in the log).

Maybe something more like:
You were attacked from behind/ambushed by ~name~'s forces! Taken by surprise, your army suffered unexpected losses!

Something like that, you keep rip that up if you want to though, lol.

eth
26th April 2005, 02:13 AM
Sorry wasnt very clear :P

ok

Say I thought you were going to attack / sabb me.

I go to the Ambush area in the game and enter your name in the first box.

I would have to pay 50% of whatever my TBG is to set up an ambush for you if you attacked me. (If my TBG was 1million, it would cost 500,000 to set up ambush against you for 24 hours)

(say max of 5 names you can add to list)

--

If you didnt attack or sabb me within 24 hours of me paying, I loose the gold and would need to pay to set up another ambush ready for you.

-

If you DID! attack me, then my defensive score would double! what it was without an ambush. (Only against you)

If you Sabbed me, my Sentry score would double (only against YOU) not others.

The benefits would last the full 24 hours.

--

The rising costs for each additional Ambush you set up could cost more money to make it harder and harder to keep setting the ambushes up.

(5th person on list could cost TBGx5 (if TBG was 100,000 would cost 50,000 for the first guy on the list and would increase up to 500,000 to set up the 5th ambush)

Hope that makes a little more sence?Ah, now that explains a lot. It would be an excellent, original and innovative addition to the game. How about we can spend more gold to stretch the ambush for a certain period of time, like double the gold + 10% of the cost for setting up the ambush for two days and so on? It wont be much of use for the low rankers, but it shall be for the high rankers, especially the top-pagers.

Ravager's formulae are also quite good. Well, i sense a problem in this. Your TBG decreases, right, but TBG every day is quite random, or rather variable. There is a high chances of some random factor getting in our way like it does many-a-times while recon or assaults.

Jaded_Ravager
26th April 2005, 02:02 PM
[QUOTE=Ethelorenas]Ah, now that explains a lot. It would be an excellent, original and innovative addition to the game. How about we can spend more gold to stretch the ambush for a certain period of time, like double the gold + 10% of the cost for setting up the ambush for two days and so on? It wont be much of use for the low rankers, but it shall be for the high rankers, especially the top-pagers.
[QUOTE]

From what I think of it, your TBG remains at the decreased figure until you remove their name from the list.
And on that list I forgot to add a bonus to sentry as described in my above post.

xix_xix
26th April 2005, 02:44 PM
Nice input Jaded Ravager

I like the idea of decreasing the TBG by the percentages for ever man.

I think you should only be able to add some 1 to the ambush list for periods of 24 hours manually, otherwise it becomes to easy to use and it should involve extra workload every day to set the ambushes up.

The ideas about causing x10 casualties + x10 Dammage to enemy weapons is very nice. But an attacking army could still win the fight against the ambushing army by sheer force, so it should not be a forngone conclusion about the result.

The ambushing army would cause double the dammage it normally would, but if the attacking army score still beats the doubled ambush score then the attacker should win as normal (still suffering x10 dammage and casualties though)

I am not sure what you mean by post a poll for this?

Could some 1 else please do it and give me some credit for starting the idea off :) + the others that have added valuable input to the idea.

katt
26th April 2005, 04:13 PM
well, I think it is very possible to defend against mass-attack. Simply by keeping a sentry and DA that cannot be brought down. I've been under a lot of mass-sab this entire age, but no mass attack.

However, i was mass attacked last age after I was hacked. I only had 20 IS and only sentry as much as my 35k unarmed, so I was a total open target because of the hacking.
And I don't think this could have helped at all. I was attacked by what looked like fake profiles, 3 different chains with 10 players each all same size, and single weapon of steed was all they all had. So if i paid 3 mill to keep of these, I would fear there would be 30 different accounts attacking me the day after.

xix_xix
26th April 2005, 06:46 PM
well, I think it is very possible to defend against mass-attack. Simply by keeping a sentry and DA that cannot be brought down. I've been under a lot of mass-sab this entire age, but no mass attack.

However, i was mass attacked last age after I was hacked. I only had 20 IS and only sentry as much as my 35k unarmed, so I was a total open target because of the hacking.
And I don't think this could have helped at all. I was attacked by what looked like fake profiles, 3 different chains with 10 players each all same size, and single weapon of steed was all they all had. So if i paid 3 mill to keep of these, I would fear there would be 30 different accounts attacking me the day after.

Yes all well and good if you can afford to spend the money to rise into the top 1000-2000 ranks to protect yourself.

I would think though that the vast!! majority of players are not able to do this.

All ideas in these forums should be for improving the game for every 1, not simply keeping the elite minority happy.

Anything that gives a small dog a chance against a big dog is good in my eyes.

The ambush feature would NOT in any way interfere or mess with normal attacking for gold, as who is going to pay money to guard against some 1 they have had no contact with??

It simply gives the smaller players something extra to help them protect themselves against the big fish resulting in a more competative fun game for all.

Jaded_Ravager
26th April 2005, 09:26 PM
xix_xix started a new poll/topic for this. Please move all discussion to that one.