PDA

View Full Version : Sending Spies

Jaded_Ravager
24th April 2005, 01:11 PM
It's obvious to everyone that when spying, the best thing to do is send one spy at a time. This makes having the option to send multiple spies kinda pointless. What if, when you send multiple spies, and one gets caught, then atleast the other spies would have done something instead of nothing at all. For example, you send 4 spies, one gets caught, but the other three that returned to your camp should atleast provide some type of info (if it was recon) or completed part of the mission (sabbing a portion of what was intended instead of sabbing nothing at all). It would kinda make more sense, don't ya think?

master_prince
24th April 2005, 01:35 PM
yeah.... I mean 25!! why?? sending 2 or more spies is just suicide and shouldn't be done by anyone and if you do send 25 why should the rest of the 24 coward out and go back :p let them finish the job and recon that account :D

Jaded_Ravager
24th April 2005, 03:16 PM
And if a spy is caught, but not executed, shouldn't that spy bring back some type of info? I don't believe there were brain-washing devices in medieval times.

Sax dude
24th April 2005, 03:37 PM
I do not think there was. But they do know where that spy came from!

NoKtUrNaL
24th April 2005, 03:38 PM
No, spies either get in or they cannotprovide information
because they A) Aborted the mission B) were caught
it is the same with sabotage

Jaded_Ravager
24th April 2005, 08:34 PM
No, spies either get in or they cannotprovide information
because they A) Aborted the mission B) were caught
it is the same with sabotage

I don't think you read it correctly. If 4 spies are sent in and one was caught, interrogated, and executed. Yes, the target was informed on the mission, but the other three spies could've done their job correctly as planned.

King_arthur1234
25th April 2005, 12:55 AM
yes i think that this should be there in the game. it is right that if only one spy was caught on a covert (recon and sabotage) mission out of four spies sent on the mission then the spies that were not caught should complete what they have planned and then only return to your base. i think this seems obvious that the ones that remain alive and are not caught will gather atleast some info and come back. at first i thought that there is no need for this but now i feel that it is needed.

meleemaster
25th April 2005, 01:53 AM
I think it would complicate things. What if the spy's were caught in the act? Or before they got around to it? There is no distinction. If you don't have a high enough spy level to do it, raise it, don't expect half-results.

Jaded_Ravager
25th April 2005, 08:01 AM
Then what would be the point of sending multiple spies? We have the option, but there's no point to it in the game. Thats why I think there should be something done with it.

NoKtUrNaL
25th April 2005, 09:38 AM
Ahh i see
my bad :)

I agree, the more you send the more successfull a recon should be too
say you send..3 spies that get in (this age its impossible but if they brung it in for next age)
perhaps more is inthe intel detail
instead of sometimes getting heaps of ???s and sometimes getting next to none you should be able to send more spies and get more info
and yes i agree maybe 2 or 3 spies get killed...the rest return they should have some info or what good are they? off with their heads n train some more i say :p

pure_evil1
25th April 2005, 09:48 AM
Ahh i see
my bad :)

I agree, the more you send the more successfull a recon should be too
say you send..3 spies that get in (this age its impossible but if they brung it in for next age)
perhaps more is inthe intel detail
instead of sometimes getting heaps of ???s and sometimes getting next to none you should be able to send more spies and get more info
and yes i agree maybe 2 or 3 spies get killed...the rest return they should have some info or what good are they? off with their heads n train some more i say :p
It used to be like that in age 2 an elf could sab 1 dragon so you send 25 for 25 weapons. You could send 10 spies on a recon and get most of the stats you wanted. I think they have just been lazy and not taken that bit out

Jaded_Ravager
25th April 2005, 01:28 PM
It used to be like that in age 2 an elf could sab 1 dragon so you send 25 for 25 weapons. You could send 10 spies on a recon and get most of the stats you wanted. I think they have just been lazy and not taken that bit out

do you know why they took that out? it sounds like it would work out pretty good

NoKtUrNaL
25th April 2005, 02:01 PM
Indeed, however i have actually succeeded sending 2 once!
logs are in my comp somewhere (from last age so it could of been a bug) but i'll have a rumage for them
i do not think sending more then one in ages after 2 made any difference but it would be great if they did

take the top ranks for instance..no-one in the top 50 can be dramatically effected by sabbings unless they are well orchestrated and a great number participate

if they were to allow say..10 spies a mission (25 is an odd number :p) then 10 spies can do 10x the damage as 1 BUT theres the chance more die (thought he job can still get done...)
I dont see why a spy has to return to a camp for the weapon to be sabbed, hell they could die each weapon they sab and it would still be effiectively destroyed

the admins should really tweak sabbing to make it more devestating/enjoyable
but then probably add "spy turns" to avoid it being abused :)

Jaded_Ravager
25th April 2005, 08:49 PM
so I'd like everyone's opinion, how often should spy turns come? Keeping in mind what people would use spy turns for (recon and sab). And I think it'd be pretty cool if you could transfer turns. Say like your commander is sabbing someone that sabbed you. You could give your commander covert turns to get the job done.

NoKtUrNaL
25th April 2005, 09:21 PM
2x per half hour

seeing as its easy to fail a mission many people would run out of turns if it were just 1 a turn
also Recons cannot be assosciated with this because eveeryyyyone recons all the time

Jaded_Ravager
26th April 2005, 04:34 PM
2x per half hour

seeing as its easy to fail a mission many people would run out of turns if it were just 1 a turn
also Recons cannot be assosciated with this because eveeryyyyone recons all the time

sounds good, and what do you think about ability to transfer sab turns