PDA

View Full Version : Sabotage Turns

Propugnator
19th April 2005, 11:28 AM
After all of the recent chain sweeping, many feel that there needs to be a way to regulate sabotage. Rather than each attempt requiring one attack turn, why not make Sabotage turns? This way, the user would not have to cut off a potentially major source of their income just to sabotage someone. It should be similar to how it is now, say 10 sab attempts against one other player.

Jayson
19th April 2005, 11:32 AM
Good idea except they would have to make it so that sabotage turns are plentiful.

I think perhaps 10-20 sabs a day is pletiful!

Propugnator
19th April 2005, 11:35 AM
I was thinking they should come in the same quantities as attack turns.

Jayson
19th April 2005, 11:48 AM
No...

I don't think it needs to come in the same quantity as attack turns...

Unless of course if it runs on the basis where you use more sab turns it has a better chance of being successful.

But if it's not like that then it is not nessecary to make it the same as attack turns!!!

meleemaster
20th April 2005, 01:11 AM
Unless of course if it runs on the basis where you use more sab turns it has a better chance of being successful.

Yea, but otherwise I think once an hour.

I can see people who don't often sab getting excessive amounts of these though, and using them like crazy later on. Maybe change how many you get depending on your spy rank/rating? But make a cut-off limit so all-spy accounts don't get heaps.

eth
20th April 2005, 01:52 AM
They should be as frequent as normal turns. I dont sab much, so I'd have at least a thousand sab turn left till now. I think it will increase sab accounts and people would start feeling more pain in the lower backside.

meleemaster
20th April 2005, 03:10 AM
I think it will increase sab accounts and people would start feeling more pain in the lower backside.

That's why I think the turns should be more limited, it might make more people quit.

If that's the case, maybe impose a limit on how many you can use on a person, based on rank, so by the time you have a good chance of success the other people should be able to cope to an extent.

Something like:

Rank | Turns | Chance of Success (based on current sab system?)
80k+ | 1 | 5%
60-80k | 3 | 20%
40-60k | 5 | 35%
20-40k | 8 | 50%
10-20k | 12 | 65%
lower than 10k | 15 | 80%

Of course that's rough, and spy ability would come into play.

Dragon's Fang
20th April 2005, 08:41 AM
I like the idea of using attack turns to do covert missions.

One covert attempt, one attack turn. This includes reconing. However, everything about covert missions stay the same, like they can only attempt 11 covert missions on one person within 24 hours, only send 25 spies at a time, and the "25% rule" for sabbing.

In real life, a spy gets tried after a while. Just like an army.

This will force sabbers to work on other stuff other than spies/sentries. They frankly have too much power and it's time to limit this power, making the game more fun for other non-sabbers.

Like in Midi War, spies don't gain you any gold per turn. This forces you to have regular force as well if you want any TBG. I don't think we should do that here, because I like that my spies/sentries give me some gold.

Evil_D
20th April 2005, 09:33 AM
it's all ready limited 11 go's per target. The real damage does not come from single player's sabbing single target's, it comes from whole sab chains targeting whole clans/chains at a time.

You would be better of limiting amount of people from a single chain/clan being able to mass sab single targets. this would mean the clan lister ect that has already been suggested in another thread. meaning a whole chain gets say 30 attempt's at a single target. saying that it could be graded to protect the weaker player say the suggested 30 or lower and increase against the higher ranked players that are harder to sab say 60 attempt's or higher. Hopefully meaning "innocent" or weaker players wont get there full DA taken out, and then saying **** this im quitting the game.

It would work much as the games inbuilt protection does now ie in increasing grades.

Just a suggestion and one that may need tweaking food for thought though.

LarryThePsycho
20th April 2005, 01:30 PM
Haha dumbass - you can only recon or sab someone 10 times per day, but you can still recon/spy someone else but there is limit numbers of that - which is 10 per day per people. Unless you are talking about something else which definetely didn't make any sense to me.

Propugnator
20th April 2005, 05:00 PM
I like the idea of using attack turns to do covert missions.

One covert attempt, one attack turn. This includes reconing. However, everything about covert missions stay the same, like they can only attempt 11 covert missions on one person within 24 hours, only send 25 spies at a time, and the "25% rule" for sabbing.

In real life, a spy gets tried after a while. Just like an army.

This will force sabbers to work on other stuff other than spies/sentries. They frankly have too much power and it's time to limit this power, making the game more fun for other non-sabbers.

Like in Midi War, spies don't gain you any gold per turn. This forces you to have regular force as well if you want any TBG. I don't think we should do that here, because I like that my spies/sentries give me some gold.

Using attack turns would benefit the people who only rely on TBG. They could pretty much just go sab happy after building up their turns. (Think about the chain-sabbing)

Besides, covert units are not soldiers. Why should the army get tired when the spies go out on missions? They are separate. And seeing as how recon is harmless, why should it use up a turn?

Dragon's Fang
20th April 2005, 05:40 PM
This idea is to limit how many times you could sab/recon a day in total. To cut down on "Chain Sweeping".

narut0
20th April 2005, 06:52 PM
I think sabatage turns is a good idea, as long as it's not your attack turns. This would help with those really annoying sab accounts that are basically untouchable

Propugnator
20th April 2005, 08:37 PM
This idea is to limit how many times you could sab/recon a day in total. To cut down on "Chain Sweeping".

But if it were attack turned based, it would mostly hurt the people that aren't doing it.

Dragon's Fang
20th April 2005, 10:14 PM
How? The most attack turns you can use on a person to recon and sab them would be eleven. Most of the time, I just recon and attck. Unless I know I can sab a weapon will I go for it.

Look, before Age 3, attack turns were use when you recon or sab. Why can't we just go back to this?

Propugnator
20th April 2005, 10:27 PM
Well, I hate to break it to you, but Age 2 isn't coming back.

Besides, most of the chain sweepers relied mostly if not solely on TBG. So, they would not be harmed much if it were attack turned based, but if someone who relies on attacking for gold needs to sab, it could have devestating effects on their income.

And if Sab Turns were implemented, recons should probably be limited to about 5 a day per target and be free. For sabbing, like 10 a day per target and cost one sab turn.

Pain4
22nd April 2005, 02:02 PM
They should be as frequent as normal turns. I dont sab much, so I'd have at least a thousand sab turn left till now. I think it will increase sab accounts and people would start feeling more pain in the lower backside.

Hey mate, i have to say i dissagree with the part bout people making more sab accounts. At the moment without the turns u can sab as many people a day as u want 10 times per day. If u have turns then people would limit themselves to how many people they sab because they are losing something (sab turns). Anyway i think that the sab turns is a good idea as i think it`d cut down on sbotage accounts.