PDA

View Full Version : Rep Idea...

Jayson
19th April 2005, 07:44 AM
I think that you should make it so that you can see all of the reps you have made previously...

It gets really annoying sometimes because you forget who you have repped and it is really hard to keep track of repping...

Also make it so that you can tell how many more times you must rep to rep someone again. That would help heeps.

Thanks from the Cat Lover...

Lord_Blurg

Stephen
19th April 2005, 08:28 AM
That's only really useful is you are giving out reputation just to make your friends happy rather than giving our rep to posts that are worthy of it as it is meant to be used. I think that your suggestion will only bring about more abuse.

Flocito
19th April 2005, 10:16 AM
I'm going to have to agree sort of with SK here, in the fact that I don't understand how it would be useful to know who you've repped since the system already keeps track of that for you. If you find a post you want to rep, do it, and if you've already repped that person it will let you know that you can add/subtract anymore rep from that person.

If there was a feature that I wouldn't mind having, though, it would be the ability to mark a thread that you'd like to rep when the "cool down period" has expired. For example:

1. lord_blurg makes a good post so I want to +rep him and I do.
2. The next day lord_blurg makes a 2nd good post so I want to +rep him again, but I can't. Instead I have to wait for the "cool down period" to expire. This can be a month or so.
3. "Cool down period" expires, but I've completely forgotten about lord_blurg's second good post, and therefore it never gets repped.

If there was a way to flag the 2nd post, then I could go back and rep it later. I don't think this adds anything in the way of abuse because I still have to wait just like everyone else.

Anyway, just a suggestion.

Carnage
19th April 2005, 10:43 AM
acctually this has been something thats been on my list of things to do for a while... i've had the code modification from vb.org on my hdd for about a month, good thing someone finially pushed me into doing it.

*closed*