Flaming Pillar-----------4---------------------------36,000 Gold
Hawk eyes----------------8------------------------64,000 Gold
Blinding Orb-------------15-----------------------100,000 Gold

There that's it done!

Bonus= +40% Attack
...........-25% Covert :jawa: :jawa:

meleemaster
17th April 2005, 05:34 AM
Why would the Daemon's be a good race? (Question, not sarcasm.)

You need to explain why you think a new race should be added, not just put a bunch of names together in 10 minutes and come up with a standard bonus.

Aside from that though, explain what the whole "upgrade" thing is? Are you planning for the recently suggested advanced training (e.g. lethal spies)?

eth
17th April 2005, 10:00 AM
Look, swordmaster, suggesting a new race is not child's play. Why do you think that demons (not daemons) should be added? Do you really think the admins will look into this. This is a community dude, you just dont go senselessly posting around like a crazed person here. This is a request, please calm down, no need to post like there's no tommorow. Tommorow's gonna be wonderful, wait, calm down, take a deep breath. I dont mind you suggesting a new race. I'm not jealous or proud or even trying to bug you or ANYTHING of that sort. I'm just trying to say that its not really neccessary to post a list of names, evn though greatly stupid they maybe and create a new race in what, 10 minutes? Please, dont make a bad impression of yourself. I'm not saying that I've been here for an year or so, but ive also made some stupid mistakes like these and learned how to behave here. So, just be more patient and think before you post.
-Ethelorenas, experienced not-so-much-of-a-noob.

EworTam
17th April 2005, 10:23 AM
-Ethelorenas, experienced not-so-much-of-a-noob.
LMAO! Someone is jealous coz this idea is better than theirs. I dont think you should be telling anyone to calm down. His thread has been made clearly and calmly. It is just as good as good as yours, only he has compressed the idea into one page whereas yours is sprawled over several pages.

But really, I dont think we need a new race. Working out the names for weapons is all well and nice, but the real deal is explaining why this new race is needed - what the bonus is, how this will effect the game play. So far many have suggested new races, but in my humble NONE have proven why we need a new race.

NoKtUrNaL
17th April 2005, 10:30 AM
Hmm you say he's jealous
whereas i just think he's noticed swordmaster is all of a sudden desperate for attention
he's posted pathetic comments in many threads and tried to start his own race thread twice i know of
one based heavily on our undead idea..sure many people enjoy undead but he is going around thinking he's original?

however back to the point i agree the weapons is the least of the problems anyone with a mythology book can come up with some good names why do you chose -25% covert? this would instantly be a failure when no other race has any -'s and orc's strike action is boosted enough as it is

eth
17th April 2005, 10:53 AM
I agree with nokturnal, - points are a real turn off. ET, sift through the undead thread, I'm sure You'll find the right post where the reason for a new race has been given.

King_arthur1234
17th April 2005, 11:07 AM
i dont think ethelorenas is jealous, thats complete rubbish. i know that swordmaster wants to create a new race but he definitely do a lot of research and think about what he is posting. ethelorenas has done a lot of efforts and has spent a lot of time in making the undead. and me and hot-nokturnal and many others where there as the witnesses to tell u what efforts he has taken. swordmaster needs to spend more time on making a new race, a new race cannot be made by just compiling some information in 10 minutes. i dont mean to offend u both in anyway soooo....please dont get me wrong

EworTam
17th April 2005, 11:07 AM
I sifted threw it and all I found was - "Lets make some names up" and "Why not have a fifth race it will be fun" and other such pointless comments.

If you can prove me wrong by fniding this elusive post then go ahead.

KingArthurICountTo4 - Im sure etheluranus did put alot of hard work into it. And I realise this thread was probably made up in a few minutes. If anything this just backs up what Im saying - because this thread has got just as good of a final result as the other. Anyone with half a brain can think up some names. There is more to it than that.

eth
17th April 2005, 11:47 AM
ET, please lay off the insults a little bit, unless you want to get warned once more for flaming. Please, you dont know the magnitude of work we put into the undead thread.

EworTam
17th April 2005, 11:53 AM
Then inform me of the work you did. From all I can see it is just making up names. Some pre-schoolers could do that.

NoKtUrNaL
17th April 2005, 11:59 AM
The race bonus you blind incompetent fool....can you not see it is ORIGINAL (% of dead soldiers are re-animated)
but with this one...40% attack..wow that took brains ;)?

the undead bonus suits the race suggestion whereas this doesn't

EworTam
17th April 2005, 12:03 PM
I must be one clever blind man to be able to read and write, and to a higher degree than the lot of you put together.

A percentage of the dead being re-animated - wow - I've always wanted that. It is so totally equal to the other race bonuses. (Just thought I'd inform you that was sarcasm, as otherwise it would have just flown straight over your head)

Oh and it isnt even an original idea - WoS has it. But nobody uses it.

eth
17th April 2005, 12:36 PM
ET, shut it. Otherwise, we'll all be given warnings, and neither you nor I want a third one.

EworTam
17th April 2005, 12:40 PM
Have I done anything to merit a warning? Im giving fair criticism. What do you give a damn if the name your using now is banned - it isn't your KoC name, you could create a new one with your actual KoC name.

P.S. Hoorah for the ignore list

Salidos
17th April 2005, 05:39 PM
Personally I think the only people who would choose this race are those who create a second account to attack people, and invest in no other stats (I think those exist anyway). Besides that, +40% to anything is much too high even with a negative. Sure, Dwarves get a +35% to DA, but a fortification upgrade is only 25%; moreover, siege technology gives +33%. This 33% coupled with the suggested 40% would just be too much.

I also think the penalty would illogical. a -25% to two stats is too much. You get a 40% bonus and a 50% penalty. I doubt anyone would consider this race that has any aspirations of being high ranked. Correct me if I'm wrong, but to be high ranked one must have balanced stats. I don't think anyone would tolerate much if any stat penalties, especially when the penalty is cumulatively higher than the bonus.

I personally would not choose to be this race if it existed, but that's just my opinion.

eth
17th April 2005, 10:21 PM
Salidos, I agree with you. High rankers wont ever want to choose this race. Most people would simply avoid it as it has a -25% bonus as well. Nobody wants that.

King_arthur1234
18th April 2005, 02:56 AM
EworTam plz will u just stop bugging others, it seems u have some rivalry with ethelorenas as u always keep complaining about his posts and criticise him all the time. plz try to avoid getting a warning. and u are also making others to post in such a way so that they will get a warning. i know this is off topic but it is important as an example to show ur rivalry with ethelorenas

EworTam
18th April 2005, 04:12 AM
I'm not making anyone post in anyway whatsoever. You have free will you know. And I'm stating my opinions. If I get a warning for that then fine. I will worry about it when I have 3 or 4 warnings.

And stop spamming my inbox *Ignored*

meleemaster
18th April 2005, 04:45 AM
I can see how fast a "vent" forum would deteriorate.

So far many have suggested new races, but in my humble NONE have proven why we need a new race.
You said yourself in the Undead thread that you liked the idea of the Undead - it seems that there doesn't really need to be a reason for a new race, a lot of people just want a new one. The point I think is being made here is that Swordmaster has put no thought into his race, and it still doesn't have a good bonus to even warrant it being added, and it shows when someone critisizes his Vampire race, or something else, and 5 minutes later he comes up with another idea, which is almost a clone. Yes, the weapon lists are getting slightly better, but they aren't being improved, just replaced. He needs to explain why he thinks it would be a good race, not as much why it should be added (because everyone would say the same thing). His weapons are completely made up, anyone who has read a fantasy novel could make these names in 5 minutes. In the Undead forum, at least 2 have been thoroughly researched and explained, not to mention many other people suggesting other names. In my opinion, if the Undead race makes it, there won't be need for a new race. If they don't make it, it's highly unlikely any other race will.

Anyway, on-topic, I really like the names Soul Blade and Reaver, but the others need some work. Something that refers to evil or flame or something. And again, what does the upgrade thing mean?

Swordmaster
18th April 2005, 11:51 AM
right guys stop arguing! i did not spend a lot of time on the threads i know...but the reason i am doing this is i just want something i have done personally to be put into the kings of chaos game. I have not based ANYTHING on the undead race but mabye it is a bit like them. I have not done research either into things and just copy and paste. I read books, watch films and play games.. i tell you one thing, if i do post a new race or thread i will spend time going over it.

frozen_banana
20th April 2005, 01:36 PM
ok, ok

But some others: Can't you guyes give friendly some critique? What would you do if you post a "bad" idee and everyone is doing ridiculous?

Whatever, now just forget this post...

Swordmaster
22nd April 2005, 11:13 AM
forget about this race

King_arthur1234
23rd April 2005, 02:40 AM
yes forget about this race, and swordmaster maybe you can ask the mods to close this thread. so people wont unnecessarily post ideas over here.