PDA

View Full Version : New race:Dark Elves

Swordmaster
16th April 2005, 01:27 PM
Mabye a new race called dark elves? They could be a evil alternative to the elves. They may get a better covert bonus because they would be fast and smart but...mabye they get their sentry ability down a bit cuz they are too obsessed with spies...i will be posting about an ability to use spells as well...
Please answer the poll and tell me why u like it/dont like it.

oh..already mage idea :)

no...wait maging bonus if that works out to happen...if not ignore this part of message

frozen_banana
16th April 2005, 02:20 PM
I agree, but I posted this allready and they said no :S

grtz!

Doctor Rock
16th April 2005, 02:24 PM
I cannot believe people actualy keep suggesting new races
the admins hardly read here, and they wont care about stuff like this, it will be ignored

Swordmaster
16th April 2005, 02:51 PM
they will if we make it good

Name Damage Cost
Blunt Knife 2 200 Gold
Posion Knife 5 1,000 Gold
Posion Sword 10 1,800 Gold
Darkness Blade 20 3,200 Gold
Dark Orb 40 5,100 Gold
Baby Dragon 160 16,400 Gold
Blade of Blood 640 50,000 Gold
Spellcast book 2,560 200,000 Gold
Blood Dragon Doom Spawn 10,000 750,000 Gold

Name Damage Cost
Apprentice's Armour 10 2,000 Gold
Dark Armour 20 3,200 Gold
Darkblade's Helmet 40 5,100 Gold
Cursed Armour 160 16,400 Gold
Baby Dragon Cage 640 50,000 Gold
DarkBlade's full Armour 2,560 200,000 Gold
Mighty Defense Spellbook 10,000 750,000 Gold

Swordmaster
16th April 2005, 04:52 PM
Spy tools--------------------Strength---------------Cost--------
Dark Suit---------------------2--------------------20,000 Gold
Swift Boots-------------------4--------------------36,000 Gold
Darkness Spell-----------------8--------------------64,000 Gold
Invisibility----------------------15-------------------100,000 Gold

Sentry Tools---------------Strength-----------Cost
Tripwires----------------------2---------------20,000 Gold
Sleeping Gas-------------------4---------------36,000 Gold
Lazer Detectors----------------8---------------64,000 Gold
Dark Elf Watcher Ball----------15----------------100,000 Gold

I just think it would be nice for evil elves

Bonus= +20% Magic Power
Or if the mage idea doesnt come then
Bonus= +30% Covert Bonus
Loss= -8% Defense
Because the elves are so busy with sentries and going to enemy bases that they do not focus in protection

Use the darkness to your advantage and spy on the enemy bases...how cares about allies?

This is for the homepage (join as Dark Elves)

I have the whole thing figured out? Why would you disagree?

By the way dont vote if you dont mean ur vote

Unless it is good

Phyrus
16th April 2005, 06:02 PM
Invisibility----------------------15-------------------100,000 Gold

woudnt invisibility be unlimited strength? too much id say

Sleeping Gas-------------------4---------------36,000 Gold
Lazer Detectors----------------8---------------64,000 Gold

too technologically advanced for the time period of which this game is based on (sorta medieval time)

Deathwantsme
16th April 2005, 07:00 PM
too technologically advanced for the time period of which this game is based on (sorta medieval time)

how is invisibilty shields close to the tech of the time period of this game? we cant even make things invisible now (unless i eat it, then you cant see it)

doh7
16th April 2005, 08:47 PM
Bad idea.

It would just promote more sabotage accounts.

~ doh

Winkums
16th April 2005, 10:15 PM
How about changing the name to shadoe elves, or eclipse warriors. And this idea is great it rocks!!

SataiDelenn
16th April 2005, 10:29 PM
Um.... maybe I'm missing something, but I thought that's what Orcs are... evil elves (at least, according to LOTR that's what Orcs are I thought).

meleemaster
17th April 2005, 12:56 AM
how is invisibilty shields close to the tech of the time period of this game?

They aren't, but they are fantasy, the other component of the game. You can't say lasers are fantasy or medieval.

Swordmaster
17th April 2005, 01:47 AM
i belive this is not the place to talk about clans...Shadow Elves maybe a good idea i will now post a new sentry idea.

Senrty tools------------------Strength--------------Cost
Tripwire-------------------------2------------------20,000
Patrols--------------------------4-----------------36,000
Alarm Bell-----------------------8-----------------64,000
Traps--------------------------15----------------100,000

Btw i doubt blackpowder missiles were not used in the olden days.
Call them Shadow Elves.
Mabye Orcs are but it is time for a new race.

Shadow Elves would be a nice addition, i would think.

of course someone is always going to disagree

If you dont like then you dont have to say it is a bad idea...you just dont pick the race if u register

eth
17th April 2005, 02:02 AM
I cannot believe people actualy keep suggesting new races
the admins hardly read here, and they wont care about stuff like this, it will be ignoredNot true for all cases. Look at the undead thread, its grown so large and has been the first ever race to be considered seriously. In fact, its grown so large,that they possibly cant ignore it. We've given them all the database they need. They should look deeply into that. Its the perfect example of democracy at work. I wouldnt say that about this particular race as ithas been discussed so many times that people will oppose it even before reading whats written in it.

About your weapons, they need total revision, research and knowledge of these 'dark elves' as you call them. Sorry to blow your bubble, but since you are quite new here, please sift through the throne room, read threads and try to come up with something new cos this definately isnt going to makeit. Too much opposition. You know that this thread is going to meet an early death because of your negligence of reading what other people have already said about this ages ago (actually a few weeks). Please read other threads.

Swordmaster
17th April 2005, 02:05 AM
I am coming up with new stuff...i have put more thought into this than anyone before me

NoKtUrNaL
17th April 2005, 02:26 AM
Tripwire-------------------------2------------------20,000
Patrols--------------------------4-----------------36,000
How is patrols a tool?
perhaps you could change that one but i like the trap name
Wouldnt trap and tripwire fall under the same category? and where are the doggies :( they rock

Swordmaster
17th April 2005, 02:47 AM
Chains-------------------------2------------------20,000
Orb of watching-----------------4-----------------36,000

NoKtUrNaL
17th April 2005, 03:19 AM
Sounding better
would there be changes to the tools? i always wanted to see something other then dirk
i think that is quite honestly the most stupid name for any tool
how about, some form of silent weapon so it gives the impression the spy uses it to avoid the sentries?
And how about dark elves have the ability to kill sentries whilst sabotaging? surely not 100's of them or anything
but i mean if you are a spy
you go into a base to sab something if you have a dirk (ugh) or asilent weapon wouldn't you kill a sentry?
the message could say

Covert Mission Report
Under the cover of night, your 1 spies sneak into <Target>s camp.

Your spies move stealthily through <Target>'s camp and slaughters 2 sentries in their path. They are able to gather many documents recording the status of weapons, army size and preparedness, and fortifications. Unfortunately, in order to avoid further detection, they are not able to provide complete information. Your Chief of Intelligence provides you with the information gathered:
bold section is the addition
could use alot of work i'm busy at the moment

but im starting to like the dark elves idea :)

meleemaster
17th April 2005, 03:23 AM
This might have been suggested before... maybe the spies can undergo more training to be more learned in killing, but only for the purpose of a more successful chance of a sab. It would have to be quite expensive though.

Swordmaster
17th April 2005, 03:23 AM
Posion dagger-------------------------2------------------30,000 Gold

Daggers are silent

NoKtUrNaL
17th April 2005, 03:42 AM
Maybe
Untrained--Spies--Lethal Spies
And yes daggers are silent pretty good idea i just cant stand the name dirk...
i like the idea of spies killing sentries
perhaps they would have to be included in the recon's though cause just finding out the spies is hardly realistic
why wouldnt a spy be able to figure out how many sentrys are there??

arkanoid
17th April 2005, 03:58 AM
There's absolutley no need for anymore races. At the end of the day it's all the same anyway, it would be same weapons diff name and the only racial bonus i can think for dark elves would be assination bonus. you can kill men already.

Ark

Swordmaster
17th April 2005, 04:04 AM
yes but more races would be fun

arkanoid
17th April 2005, 05:51 AM
Why would more be fun? the 4 we have are all the same just diff names all with the same weapon's named differently, so we would end up with six all the same but just with six different coloured screen's. sorry but it's totaly pointless.

Ark

meleemaster
17th April 2005, 06:39 AM
Maybe some suggested races, but I really think the undead could give a twist with the unique bonus.

NoKtUrNaL
17th April 2005, 07:30 AM
I agree with meleemaster, admins can easily give it a thought
these other ones are simply tweaked races we already have
Undead is the fallen... which is why its noway similar to orcs/humans/elves/dwarves
Maybe more additions to KoC units could be included after thinkin about some of these threads (if the admins bother) then maybe these sub-races could just be units...anyway no point gettin all worked up we have till the end of the age to work on it

if you dont care about new races, simply avoid posting :)

arkanoid
17th April 2005, 09:07 AM
It isnt a case of not caring about new races or being upset. Suggestions for new races have been fired at the admins since age 2 when i first started playing.
And i hadnt looked at the undead suggestion until now, that has promise. I still say game play changes as a whole have the priorty though and theres some pretty good suggestion's flying around regaurding them. Including the undead suggestion as sub race's would effect gameplay.

Ark

eth
17th April 2005, 10:31 AM
yes but more races would be funFrankly, I disagree. Too much race suggestions are making this forum monotonous, keep it off.

King_arthur1234
17th April 2005, 10:33 AM
look swordmaster, i know that u want a new race and it is good that u are giving a list of weapons and bonus. but making a race is not only that much. a lot has to thought about, why dont u check out other threads for new races made by other people. it will help u to see the procedure behind making a new and good race. a lot of research has to be done while thinking about the weapons and bonuses and everything else. i am not around here for a very long time, just about a month but by what i have seen in other threads, i am telling u that it takes quite a lot of time to make a new race and it is not finished in 10 minutes. dont think that i am bugging u. you're new here so please think before u post something.

NoKtUrNaL
17th April 2005, 10:35 AM
Of course gameplay/efficency comes first
but they ignored most the suggestions regarding that area when they asked for suggestions for age 4
obviously they dont want to fix certain things like ditch officers/add alliance tags etc...
I'm sure from playing in age2 you would have some good suggestions for gameplay, whynot post them instead of complaining about there being a lack of theM?
if they are good then they will get thumbs up and perhaps recognition by the admins....you can't get your voice heard without speakin

wolf151
18th April 2005, 05:28 AM
Um.... maybe I'm missing something, but I thought that's what Orcs are... evil elves (at least, according to LOTR that's what Orcs are I thought).
orcs are not elvs! they are demons made by melkor!!
urk is elvs!!!

One
18th April 2005, 07:29 AM
I don't think we need more races in KoC. If we're going to create something new, maybe something not based on one of the original races, as dark elves are on elves.

Agreed that a magic user race would be cool. Simply a "mage", the type you mentioned in your first post, would be less a race and more a type of attacker - so to me it sounds worse than dark elves. Still if their weapons/spells follow the same pattern of attack/defense as the rest of the races, it probably wouldn't be too hard to code.

My comments on the details would be monotonous, everyone's already given good ones. Keep tweaking it if you're serious about it.

Swordmaster
18th April 2005, 11:55 AM
right im going to spend more time on threads

PaladinOfHonor
21st April 2005, 03:17 AM

Orcs are evil elves. They're elves (usually kidnapped) murdered and then risen back to life by magic and fire, or tied up and suffocated with smoke every 5 to 10 minutes. As for Evil Elves, Dark Elves, Shadow Elves, they're more commonly referred to as Drou's (drow), they turned to magic and assasination because the royal family at that time was betrayed so they wanted revenge.

frozen_banana
21st April 2005, 11:29 AM
Cool! :P

Swordmaster
22nd April 2005, 11:23 AM
i didnt want history

amidamaru27
28th April 2005, 06:39 PM
The idea of all sorts of Elves is not really a good idea.People have kept on trying to suggest a new race but most of them are crap!The best idea would be Ethelorenas' idea of the Undead.

eth
29th April 2005, 03:37 AM
The idea of all sorts of Elves is not really a good idea.People have kept on trying to suggest a new race but most of them are crap!The best idea would be Ethelorenas' idea of the Undead.:) Thank you. But, well I think this thread was down and out. As I said before, if we put in all kinds of elves,w e have to think up of splitting dwarves and humans and maybe the Undead as well.
I just added a shield its a leftover from the undead shields that we were designing, it suits these "dark elves" more.