PDA

View Full Version : Sabotage Weapons

Dragon's Fang
16th April 2005, 09:59 AM
I have notice that now in Age 4, sabotage weapons don't appear sabotage until you attack or are attacked.

Can we go back to if someone sabs your weapons, you can actully see what has been sab right then?

Gronmon
16th April 2005, 10:22 AM
If someone tries to sabotage you and is successful, it doesn't appear in your intelligence files. If someone tries to sabotage you and is not successful, it WILL appear in your intelligence files. You can try to sab/attack him if you want because he tried to sab you. The same with recon.

Phyrus
16th April 2005, 10:25 AM
I have notice that now in Age 4, sabotage weapons don't appear sabotage until you attack or are attacked.

Can we go back to if someone sabs your weapons, you can actully see what has been sab right then?

ummm... it has always been this way, there was never any other way of finding out if anything had been sabbed unless youre refering to sab-check?

Zap
16th April 2005, 11:02 AM
ummm... it has always been this way, there was never any other way of finding out if anything had been sabbed unless youre refering to sab-check?

hmm, I think I have read somewhere here on GUA that there was "check for sabbed weapons" button, all what it was to remove all the sabbed weapons, nothing else

NoKtUrNaL
16th April 2005, 11:05 AM
Kind of pointless being able to check...the point of sabotage is the element of surprise
when the attacker/attacked loses items (provided they dont recycle them) they get annoyed
i doubt sabbing would be that useful if everyone could simply click a button to check for this
but yeah i heard it was around in the early stages too? age 3 beta or something i dunno

Dragon's Fang
16th April 2005, 11:50 AM
If someone tries to sabotage you and is successful, it doesn't appear in your intelligence files. If someone tries to sabotage you and is not successful, it WILL appear in your intelligence files. You can try to sab/attack him if you want because he tried to sab you. The same with recon.

Umm, I think you missed the point of my post. I know that if they are successful, I won't have anything in my intel log.

However when I see someone only five times in my intel log, I start to get nervous. Also, we don't know what they were after if they fail.

NoKtUrNaL
16th April 2005, 01:17 PM
ahh i agree there, thats a good point
people can simply fail 5 times and stop there to avoid people knowing they completely failed
but it would have to cost a considerable amount, and maybe you check a certain amount of weapons ? you could have ..10 sabbed
you check if 8 are sabbed and it says yes they are
then you sell 8 and get attacked/attack and you lose 2(naturally you could check/sell the other 2 but im just getting my idea across)
so you must still figure out/guess how many they got
if there was a button for free that checked items i would disagree though, anyway what ya think?

Swordmaster
16th April 2005, 01:39 PM
i really think the whole point of sabotaging is doing it so ur enemy doesnt know about it and has to attack with sabotaged weapons before he notices. though if you are doing a sabotage check...you should have to hire an expert and cost money!

Dragon's Fang
16th April 2005, 01:57 PM
Like a "check all weapons" button and the cost would very depending on the amount of weapons you have?

Swordmaster
16th April 2005, 02:07 PM
yes

NoKtUrNaL
16th April 2005, 02:18 PM
perhaps similar to the repairing function though multiply the cost by a certain amount useful idea though :)

Swordmaster
16th April 2005, 02:32 PM
that would be good

lsfamily
19th April 2005, 03:33 PM
about the "checked sabbed weapons" button:
in age 2 there was this button in front of every weapon in ur armory (we didnt have tools then) but it was defective, even though it was supposed to find and repair the sabbed weapons (at a cost relative to the amount of weapons) all it did was find and remove those weapons + a cost. and if u didn't have any weapons sabbed still u lost the gold, so it was always a loss, as there was no profit in checking for sabbed weapons.

but i like the idea that we see alteast WHAT they tried to sab, but if we had the amount too would be great. maybe we can have unknown fields with "???" in their like a recon report.

meleemaster
19th April 2005, 04:30 PM
That's not as bad as it sounds. I was sabbed yesterday without knowing (no failed reports in intel) and when I attacked someone I got slaughtered and lost a lot of men. So if you would rather lose a bit of gold then men (and a possible counter-attack) then if they implemented that again it wouldn't be so bad.

King_arthur1234
21st April 2005, 11:11 PM
i agree with swordmaster's point that the gold that u need to repair the sabbed weapons should be dependant on the amount of weapons that have been sabbed. a clue has to be definitely given to see which of your weapons have been sabbed. i dont think its of any use if u come to know about what weapons have been sabbed after attacking someone or being attacked by someone. the gold should also be dependant on the strength of the weapon, just like in the case of repairing damaged weapons. a BPM should cost more for repairing than a Flaming Arrow/Excalibur etc. but i think we need to implement this idea, there must be some way to atleast know which of your weapons have been sabbed. i know that you can sell the sabbed weapons before attacking/being attacked. but i think u will be able to sell a sabbed weapon only by fluke. if u sell a BPM that u think has been sabbed but is not actually sabbed then it will be disastrous. so i think that it can be done only by guessing and there is no logic behind it.

DJTrancer-DM
1st May 2005, 02:24 PM
Well, the check button in age 2 was really helpful so you wouldn't go into a battle with your weapons sabbed...

STARBLASTER
9th May 2005, 06:47 AM
... presently to know if you have been sabbed or not. The intel may or may not let you know if someone has tried or succeeded or both.
Checking your weapons for sabotage whether by paying for it or using your own spies to inspect your weapons is tricky ( how much to pay ).
If sabotage inspections are made possible then there is really no point to enabling sabotage in the first place.
The common denominator in this game is 'attack turns'.
Reconning should be free as it is now and is a useful tool for determining the strength of an opponent.
Sabotage however should cost an attack turn for each attempt.
We all have to use attack turns when raiding for gold so why not have it the same for sabotage attacks whether successful or not.

Presently a sabber can attack 100's of armies a day 15 times each.
It seems a little unfair that normal attackers must use attack turns and sabbers don't.