PDA

View Full Version : give money/units

battleshit
15th April 2005, 07:40 AM
A good thing is if players in an alliance could give each other gold or units.
please read!!!! when u go to your buddy list you can press on a link to your buddies, but if u want to give units or gold they have to be in your alliance.
after u have pressed on their name their stats will show up.
beside the green star there will be a dialog box, there can u type in the amount of units or gold you wanna give. to the left again there would be a multiple choice tab(units or gold)max 50 units and 50.000 gold.
but u can only give to 1 player and you cant give both.
after 2 days you can give again.
thanks to:
EworTam - who had a really good idea to my suggestion, please read further down.

EworTam
15th April 2005, 11:51 AM
How, why, any idea of the limitations??

It is your suggestion you tell us.

Personally I dont think so, as people will be more encouraged to make fake accounts.

eth
15th April 2005, 12:01 PM
Well, its good AND bad. It depends upon how you use it, but as EworTam said, explain, elaborate, and state your point more precisely.

battleshit
15th April 2005, 01:45 PM
please read!!!!
when u go to your buddy list you can press on a link to your buddies, but if u want to give units or gold they have to be in your alliance.
beside the green star there will be a dialog box, there can u type in the amount of units or gold you wanna give. to the left again there would be a multiple choice tab(units or gold)max 50 units and 50.000 gold.

NoKtUrNaL
15th April 2005, 05:24 PM
okay this would be good if you could progress and be able to give more units/gold further on
this is great from ranks 120,000 to 30,000 or so but after that its almost useless
perhaps you can upgrade it as you do with covert, and it can go up to 5 mill gold and 500 units? i dunno but its a good idea, selling off is annoying!

EworTam
16th April 2005, 03:11 AM
:idea:

Just had a thought and maybe this idea could work.

The number of gold/soldiers you said was very low, however I think it could be alloted in relation to your rank. By this I mean the higher ranked you are the more gold you can give.

Why? Firstly, it would not encourage fake accounts, as a fake account ranked very low would not be able to give much gold at all. But it would still enable high ranking players to give officers/friends a large sum when they need some help.

I think when transfering gold there should still be a tax of 10-25% though.

Swordmaster
16th April 2005, 01:02 PM
I believe EworTam's suggestion is good. Only...if you make it so that you have to have an army of 300 soldiers to do it. This is only another way to stop people making multiple accounts. What do you think?

NoKtUrNaL
16th April 2005, 01:11 PM
well whynot make it in an addition to a fortification upgrade or simply an upgrade you purchase at some stage
fake accounts are not made to be played properly therefore it should be made semi-challenging to get the ability
300 soldiers is half an hour clicking and can be achieved simply, maybe the rank idea would be easier say
80,000+can only recieve money
79,999-50,000 can send/recieve up to 200,000 per day
49,999-20,000 can send/recieve up to 500,000 per day
19,999-10,000 can send/recieve up to 1,000,000 per day
Then perhaps any amount after that? to help out more active officers with bigger upgrades, instead of buyin/selling off a heap of knives :p
The tax idea would be good, perhaps the taxed gold dissapears? or just simply isn't transfered? so to send 100,000,000 you'd need to send 110,000,000?

just speculating :)

Swordmaster
16th April 2005, 01:17 PM
Well commanders will be trying to give money to their officers who are weak and they will be less than rank 80,000. I for one am a commander above lvl 80,000 so mabye only above 80,000 can send but anyone can recieve?..Mabye.

....of course there are always those who will agree and those who will not.

NoKtUrNaL
16th April 2005, 02:35 PM
That is just what i said...didn't you read?
80,000+ can recieve (as in 80,000 and lower, 80,001 etc..) but they cant send because they have no need
those ranked better then 80,000 can send but it has to be limited to avoid multiple account users

frozen_banana
16th April 2005, 02:40 PM

The number of gold/soldiers you said was very low, however I think it could be alloted in relation to your rank. By this I mean the higher ranked you are the more gold you can give.

Why? Firstly, it would not encourage fake accounts, as a fake account ranked very low would not be able to give much gold at all. But it would still enable high ranking players to give officers/friends a large sum when they need some help.

Well, I won't do the tax, because when you sell weapons, u allready lose 25% i guess.. Or maybe you can send weapons?

Swordmaster
16th April 2005, 02:53 PM
I think the whole idea is good...

battleshit
17th April 2005, 05:36 AM
bumpy bumpy bump

arkanoid
17th April 2005, 05:55 AM
You can already do it, it's called a sell off. and yes the gold from a sell off can be robbed by other players, its the risk you take.

Ark

Swordmaster
18th April 2005, 12:33 PM
No we have to make it more simple so u give money to who u want.

elvsking
19th April 2005, 08:02 AM
This is different from a sell of because this way a good player can give money to his officers without loses his entire defense. Let say you are a player in 5000 or high (the majority of players in GUA are) and you want to give money to your new officer his just starting and have 100,000 ranks, what you need to do to give your officer a sell of. This idea solves the problem. And I think is good. I will vote for it.

Swordmaster
19th April 2005, 11:56 AM
Gold is very important to new ppl as well. Better players can spare 100k but new ppl would really need it

meleemaster
19th April 2005, 04:38 PM
Yea, even someone in the 40k-60k ranks with a good TFF can spare 500k pretty easily. It might even encourage more people to play if they know commanders/friends can give them a much easier start, instead of waiting for a while at first to get into the action.

Swordmaster
20th April 2005, 12:21 PM
You'd be lucky if u were a new player if u made 100k in 2 days

laqurai
20th April 2005, 03:41 PM
I think that the idea is actually a very good one. The game Lords of Legend actually does this. This game is very similar to KOC although I haven't played it in about a year so I'm sure some things have changed.

In this game not only did you have to buy fortifications but you bought a Market Place. Only those with a Market Place can conduct trades or donate gold to another user. From there you can upgrade your Market Place so that you can send and receive larger amounts of gold.

meleemaster
20th April 2005, 04:39 PM
That sounds like AoE, the marketplace I mean. Not a bad idea.

King_arthur1234
21st April 2005, 05:00 AM

EworTam's suggestion is good. the amount of gold and units that you can give should be dependant on your rank so that fake accounts of lower ranks cannot give much gold. the system will be fair only when it it dependant on your rank. and higher officers and commanders can help their lower officers out in times of trouble by giving large sums of gold and units. the higher ranked players definitely have a lot of gold and units that they can spare to help their officers. it will encourage ppl to play this game. it will give them an easier start and also help them when someone is bullying them. i'm voting yes for this one. its a good suggestion. man there are so many good suggestions sprawling up here and there in the throne room. i really hope that the admins will take time to go through this cool suggestions.

eth
21st April 2005, 09:22 AM
In this game not only did you have to buy fortifications but you bought a Market Place. Only those with a Market Place can conduct trades or donate gold to another user. From there you can upgrade your Market Place so that you can send and receive larger amounts of gold.
Hmmm...its a point worthy of mass discussion. It reminds me of the game Majesty. This would be a good new platform and things could get more better on KoC as well as they could get messier. This could also mean that cheaters would have it their way. This is just a danger, not a probability. There would be players who would create multiple "market accounts" in which they would only upgrade these 'markets' and give all the gold they get from those multiple accounts to a single account. There would be a very huge risk for the admins in putting this. I also support this as it would mean the fair players could give money for safekeeping to their officers for some period of time if they are saving money for a big upgrade and when they earn more money, they could ask for the original money they deposited with the commander. Otherwise, if some cruel guy sabs the armoury of an officer, another officer or commander wiht lots of money could give aome of it to the needy officer so that he can revive his armoury.

EworTam
21st April 2005, 09:29 AM
You can already do it, it's called a sell off.
It's not possible for a friend with a small fighting force to give gold to a friend with a large fighting force. Well, it is possible, but hardly worthwhile because of the puny amount of gold that would be stolen.

Pain4
21st April 2005, 11:11 AM
I like Ewortams idea of a tax, I think that the more money u send the bigger the taxes should be. I definetly think there should also be limits on how much gold u can send, i like the idea of the higher rank u r the bigger ammount of money u can send. Nice post.

frozen_banana
21st April 2005, 11:58 AM
I don't understand one thing, wich money can you give? The money you have on the moment? Do you have to sell some weapens first?

Grtz

Pain4
21st April 2005, 01:33 PM
Well it would have to be the money u have at the moment. U sell weapons if u want the money from weapons to give to sum1, although it would make more sencre for a sell off if this new idea had taxes because ud sell the weapons for 75% of the price and then be taxed as well.

hartripper
21st April 2005, 01:46 PM
hmm with every idea like this there's always someone that says:multiple accounts bla bla bla cheaters bla bla but there's always a risk of cheating with everything... there's probably someone who can cheat all the way whatever the makers try to stop cheating so I think some ideas deserve a chance,just like this one whatever the chance of cheating is

battleshit
21st April 2005, 03:13 PM
The money u can give to other players will be the money u got as treasury, the money u get from attacking, waiting ans selling!!!!! :bigannoun

Swordmaster
22nd April 2005, 11:22 AM
how much would the tax be though? wont we need to sort that out?

Pain4
22nd April 2005, 02:07 PM
Well yes, it does need to be sorted out. I think that if u are transferring under 1 million there shoul be a 5% tax and if u are transferring over 1 million then it should be bout 7% or 8% tax, thats my estimate anyway.

Swordmaster
23rd April 2005, 02:00 AM
mabye it should tell u when u type in how much money to give how much the tax is going to cost? like a button that says check tax?

King_arthur1234
23rd April 2005, 02:34 AM
yes it should show how much tax is being charged on the amount. but has anyone thought about how much percent of tax should be charged, maybe..uh...something like 10%. or maybe more will be good, i dont know what percent will be good so plaese give some suggestions about it. otherwise instead of a constant tax rate you could have tax percent directly proportional to your rank, so if your rank is high then the amount of tax that will be charged on the amount you are sending will also be high.

laqurai
25th April 2005, 03:23 PM
Personally, if you are going to do this you can really make things more equal. I like the Tax idea, and the "Tax Bracket" kind of like the IRS. The higher your rank the larger the tax amount is, with in reason. Below is an example of how it could work.

1) Your Unit Production has nothing to do with the amount of money you make. Instead you start by making (let's say 500 gold) each turn.
2) Once you have upgraded your Fortification to like a Walled Town then you get the option to create a Market.
3) Once you have the Market your gold production then improves by a percentage. ex: let's say if you start at 500 gold a turn and you buy a Market you now receive a 50% improvement in your gold manufacturing. Each time you upgrade your market it improves by 50%.
4) In order to upgrade your Market to a larger Market your fortification has to be increased. So let's say for every 2 fortification upgrades you do, you can then increase your market.

(By doing this the "Lord Striker" phenom. will not be as threatening and will make it just as competitive for a single rouge to obtain a higher rank. The side effects of doing this is obviously the cost of all the weapons, spy tools and various other upgrades will be harder to get. But since you now have a market you can trade your goods, i.e. weapons or soldiers for gold or you can donate gold to another player as a tribute.)

5) Now as a add on or something else to discuss if this is something to be implemented. Is that if you have officers and they have a market, they automatically will generate something like 5% extra gold for you.

I'm sure there are some holes in this but the nice thing about this is that this is just a suggestion.

xix_xix
25th April 2005, 05:10 PM
A good thing is if players in an alliance could give each other gold or units.
please read!!!! when u go to your buddy list you can press on a link to your buddies, but if u want to give units or gold they have to be in your alliance.
thanks to:
EworTam - who had a really good idea to my suggestion, please read further down.

Very bad idea.

There is already to much of a problem with to many people having "feeder armies" and abusing the game that way.

If players were able to simply transfer money from 1 player to another you would have tens of thousands of feeder accounts....

Can only make the game worse :(

King Arthur
26th April 2005, 10:26 AM
Perhaps people could only give money DOWN the chain. This still allows the gold to be transferred easily in the way it should be, as in from a strong player to a weaker player.

However it severly restricts multiple account users since they would need to be an officer of another account.

laqurai
26th April 2005, 11:38 AM
I don't think you should limit which direction the transfer should go in. Say your commander gets taken out by someone larger. Your commander now needs money to rebuild...since he is your commander you cannot donate money to them and get what is supposed to be your protector any help. If the transfer goes both ways then this problem is averted.

Maybe what should be looked at is the number of transactions to 1 single player you can make during a given time period. For instance you can donate only once in a 7 day period to another player, but with in those 7 days you can donate to other people. However you can receive an unlimited amount of donations from other players.

There is no "Fool Proof" way to create a game. Someone somewhere is going to figure out how to cheat the system. Even if someone created false accounts to send money into...all he is doing is now giving other players the ability to attack him instead. This method is in no way a means to replace any type of banking issue. Rather what this does is allow the ability to pay tributes,donations or loans whatever you call them to other players.

This is now getting very complex. I do support this idea especially if it is setup similar to my previous post but that is a major change in the game's functionality so I do not expect it to happen.

Pain4
27th April 2005, 12:26 PM
Perhaps people could only give money DOWN the chain. This still allows the gold to be transferred easily in the way it should be, as in from a strong player to a weaker player.

However it severly restricts multiple account users since they would need to be an officer of another account.

Yerr i like this idea but, instead of only being able to send gold down a chain u should be able to send it up it. Also this would be a problem for mulitple account users because the only way to get money from their main account to there second account would be to have them in the same chain of command. :violin:

NoKtUrNaL
27th April 2005, 01:14 PM
Yerr i like this idea but, instead of only being able to send gold down a chain u should be able to send it up it. Also this would be a problem for mulitple account users because the only way to get money from their main account to there second account would be to have them in the same chain of command.
um not sure how you came to that conclusion... why would someone not want their other account under them? if they intend on clicking why waste the extra soldiers when you can recieve them also?
infact if you can send it up then i think it would promote the use of multi-accounts which are running rampant already
i wont post names but i've got atleast 4 people in my ignore list (only list not full) who have a good 5+ fake accounts under themselves and make it VERY obvious pity the admins haven't any in-game people that we can report this to, i doubt they would check every email they get saying "this guy has heaps of accounts" but if someone was in-game and could checkit out perhaps more would be taken down like they should

Pain4
27th April 2005, 02:58 PM
um not sure how you came to that conclusion... why would someone not want their other account under them? if they intend on clicking why waste the extra soldiers when you can recieve them also?
infact if you can send it up then i think it would promote the use of multi-accounts which are running rampant already
i wont post names but i've got atleast 4 people in my ignore list (only list not full) who have a good 5+ fake accounts under themselves and make it VERY obvious pity the admins haven't any in-game people that we can report this to, i doubt they would check every email they get saying "this guy has heaps of accounts" but if someone was in-game and could checkit out perhaps more would be taken down like they should

Well what i meant by what i said about the multiple accounts thing is that, some people that have a second account and use it as a sabbotage account might not want their other account to be associated with their main account, as it could lead to them being sabbed from when the people hes upset do chain sabbing.

King_arthur1234
27th April 2005, 10:46 PM
gold should be sent in both ways, it can be sent to officer from a commander or sent to commander from an officer. if only a commander could lend his officer money then that would be unfair. if all the multiple accounts of a guy are under him then it would be easy to recognize that this guy is using multiple accounts, the names of the account are pretty similar as how can they remember different names for different accounts. so if someone has officers of similar names under him then there is a chance that these might be his accounts. look, this only an observation and i dont say that two accounts of different persons cannot have same names.

eth
27th April 2005, 11:12 PM
There are so many players on KoC, so its real difficult to find out who has multiple accounts. In fact, lordy has become so famous (and) infamous that there are so many players in SC that have his names except with a few words supporting while many others have addons to his name detesting him. It would be real difficult to figure who's who. Many other have accounts like these, but many-a0times they have the extentions as of denoting officers, like if the person is 'X', then some of his officers are like '1st lietenant of X' and so on.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Giving money is useful, especially in times of crisis such as inter-clan wars and such, but it can be used for bad more than good. Taxes could be introduced to control the money given or recieved, but it shall not do much harm on those with a cheating heart.

Lord T'Char
29th April 2005, 04:20 AM
I was about to start a thread on this topic when I noticed this thread. I like all of the above (particularly EworTam's suggestions). Everyone (quite literally) I've talked to has said things along the lines of "the game rocks, but it sucks that you can't trade." Everyone, it seems, wants to be able to trade with allies.

PS - my brother reckons that the term "nooblified" should be added to those battle report desciption thingys (you know - "xxx's forces swamped yyy's army", "xxx's forces decimated yyy's army", etc...). Thoughts?

NoKtUrNaL
29th April 2005, 05:26 AM
yeah someone should make a thread for adding some ideas for more to the outcome of the battles

your force's scrape xxx's army off their boots in a glorious victory
your force's turn xxx's forces into dust

heh whatever, but yeah its pretty much agreed they must bring in a transfer ability somehow whether it be commanders/officers or in chain only or whatever its just annoying not being able to support everyone easily (like those officers that are too small to hit ya for a sell off)

One
29th April 2005, 08:34 AM
I voted no without reading EworTam's ranking scheme. It might be kind of complex, with a combined rank-based limit and tax, but it could work. In an emergency it would be very helpful. But it might be overused and create imbalance. KoC would reach new, impossibly high standards for people who don't have the benefit of a commander/alliance to "transfer" them money.

In some ways, it has the same problems as the banking issue. Lacks finesse and significantly decreases risk, potentially makes things too easy for certain people. Possibly detracts from our newbie/independent player base. Given my rank and alliance status I don't personally object to it, but from a broader standpoint I don't favor it.

Mr47_LaCN
29th April 2005, 10:57 AM
How about also the possibility of shifting weapons also to your troops in the same manner? Maybe adding an extra tab to the ones on the left of the screen just for transfers. It would help when agreements are made after sabbs to replace weapons sabbed and destroyed instead of selloffs.