PDA

View Full Version : Mages and Magic

valxtrarie
14th April 2005, 03:42 AM
I suppose a new element such as this might greatly change the game play. However, I am a fan of magical elements and it might be interesting to have them in the game. Wizards can be trained as part of your force. Attack, Defence, Spies, Sentries and Mages/Wizards.

Wizards/Mages do not contribute to TBG but they produce mana. Mana is used to cast spells.

How the spells work

They can be used for overall magic such as:

Casting a spell that increases your TBG (for a duration of time, eg 5 hrs)
Casting a spell that increases your DA/SA (for a duration of time, eg 5 hrs)
Casting a spell that decreases casualties when attacking (for 15 attack turns)
Casting attack spells such as Rain of Fire that will kill some men
Casting spells such as 'Shroud of Mist' than disables the officer from giving men to their commander (for a duration of time, eg 10 hours)
Casting spells such as 'Veil of Protection' that increases your sentry rating or making it harder to spy/sab on you (for a duration of time, eg 5 hours)

Spells fail if you have too little wizard/mage power or if the target has a higher wizard/mage power than you have.

There are many more spells that I can list, but these are among the few basic ones.

If you think that having magic might make an account 'invincible', think again. Magic costs mana (they don't use any turns) and in order to generate mana, you need to train wizards/mages. These men don't give you any gold. They just generate mana. If you exhaust your mana, you can't cast anymore spells.

Example on mana production:

1 mage/wizard produce say 5 mana, and different spells costs different amounts of mana, say ranging from 500 - 2000 mana.

Another thing to take into account is wizard strength. The more wizards you have, the stronger you are. This means more successful spell casting.

I have always believed that the elven race should be a magical one. Perhaps, if there were to be a new race, it should be thieves with the covert bonus and leave the magic bonus to elves! :)

strife_666
14th April 2005, 09:35 AM
well it sound like a great idea...
but i guess it would take you much more time to play the game and some people like to keep it simple.

I agree with you on the mages/wizard thing, it would make the game much more fun.

frozen_banana
14th April 2005, 09:37 AM
Well, I would like it, I said something like that somewhere before...
But I don't know what the others think about it...

grtz!

valxtrarie
14th April 2005, 11:44 AM
well it sound like a great idea...
but i guess it would take you much more time to play the game and some people like to keep it simple.

I agree with you on the mages/wizard thing, it would make the game much more fun.

Yep. I believe it would change the game play. New strategy and new possibilities. New formulas and new calculations. It'd make a more complicated game than it currently is. It'd be an interesting change though. :bty:

Monsuco
14th April 2005, 05:02 PM
I don't want to see any more jobs. I kinda would like sentry to go back to being spies as well. I kinda think a whole new type of way to annoy people. Plus in a clan war nothing would work.

frozen_banana
14th April 2005, 11:19 PM
I don't want to see any more jobs. I kinda would like sentry to go back to being spies as well. I kinda think a whole new type of way to annoy people. Plus in a clan war nothing would work.

I won't do that, the sab accounts are very well protected allready, if spies are the same as sentries, everyone would sab everyone :S

But maybe we have to keep it simple like you said (but I like the idee!)

grtz

eth
15th April 2005, 02:36 AM
Well, yes it does sound interesting, but it'll go down like lead in water in a statistical game like KoC. Spells and stuff are better suited for visual games like diablo 2. They wont be popular here. It would also make the game more complicated and EGAD! ORCISH WIZARDS! OMG!

Swordmaster
16th April 2005, 01:27 PM
hey mabye my new race idea dark elves can have a bonus for magic!

jason_the_second
14th July 2005, 04:06 AM
this idea sucks, bringing magic into KoC, then you can bring in religion and stuff.
Denny would be saddam and Ls g.w.bush.
i don't like the idea because it get's also to complicated, cause if somebody sabs it's allready hard enoufh to recover and protect yourself.
and wizards aren't any help, because of extra stats and bars to watch

Disasterpieces
14th July 2005, 04:11 AM
Well, yes it does sound interesting, but it'll go down like lead in water in a statistical game like KoC. Spells and stuff are better suited for visual games like diablo 2. They wont be popular here. It would also make the game more complicated and EGAD! ORCISH WIZARDS! OMG!I completely agree ;)

Ninja_Dead
14th July 2005, 04:15 AM
Magic makes KOC too complex, remember this is a text-based game. There's already enough elements in KOC.

the_phoenix
16th July 2005, 01:11 PM
nah. i like the effort though