PDA

View Full Version : Self Alliance Identification.

eth
13th April 2005, 09:04 AM
This is of utmost importance. I am aware that this has been minorly discussed about, but its about time more thought be given to it since it is very crucial. When you join a chain, you can follow the chain to the sole leader of that chain.
But there is a glitch. Sometimes, like for the striker clan or denny's clan or that karkendesligi or whatever his name is,the clans are extremely huge and 40% of KoC players are in these clan. Sometimes, when players are on gold-hunts (attacking ppl for their gold), they tend to attack their own clan-members accidentaly cos the chain is so long that it consumes a lot of time to follow it to the top, and most ppl get tired halfway. This gets them into real trouble. Even i had gotten myself into such a mess once. So, when you join under a commander, all members of the command chain should get an alliance icon next to them, so that you can identify them in the battlefield and prevent from attacking them. This can be done manually, but it consumes a LOT of time, money and for broadband users, a lot of MBs. Nothing of these grows on trees, so it should be implemented to avoid in-clan fighting. Please.

King_arthur1234
13th April 2005, 10:40 AM
yes this is serious problem that evev i had run into recently. there will be chaos among the clans themselves due to this problem. and its impractical to change status of thousands of players to alliance. this needs to be implemented in the game definitely, its as good as a necessity to all players who are in huge alliances. PLEASE

rooiiedonder
13th April 2005, 10:58 AM
yes its important because i have to look first if this person is not a member of the same clan

Neomackenzie
13th April 2005, 01:03 PM
This is of utmost importance. I am aware that this has been minorly discussed about, but its about time more thought be given to it since it is very crucial. When you join a chain, you can follow the chain to the sole leader of that chain.
But there is a glitch. Sometimes, like for the striker clan or denny's clan or that karkendesligi or whatever his name is,the clans are extremely huge and 40% of KoC players are in these clan. Sometimes, when players are on gold-hunts (attacking ppl for their gold), they tend to attack their own clan-members accidentaly cos the chain is so long that it consumes a lot of time to follow it to the top, and most ppl get tired halfway. This gets them into real trouble. Even i had gotten myself into such a mess once. So, when you join under a commander, all members of the command chain should get an alliance icon next to them, so that you can identify them in the battlefield and prevent from attacking them. This can be done manually, but it consumes a LOT of time, money and for broadband users, a lot of MBs. Nothing of these grows on trees, so it should be implemented to avoid in-clan fighting. Please.
What happens if some member gets kicked of the clan and dusnt have any "ditch commander"s anymore left... they stay in the chain and would be labelled alliance member while they arent..

There is a buddy list option...if u think u might attack some chain members close to ur rank, just put them on ur buddylist and voilą. And attacking a PR/RF/SC/KK member 2-3 times means nothing.. its not like u violated the alliance's rule and will be blacklisted from everywhere..

Mistakes happens

Falc
13th April 2005, 03:24 PM
If somebody gets kicked out the clan and you know about it you can add them to your buddy list to whatever status they have. But in general an alliance symbol is needed so that attacks in the alliance dont happen.

eth
13th April 2005, 11:39 PM
Well, look what I mean to say as in the word "clan" is a member of one command chain. Every member of a command chain should be labelled.

Neomackenzie
13th April 2005, 11:57 PM
Stop beying lazy and use the budylist.

NoKtUrNaL
14th April 2005, 12:13 AM
Neo, c'mon man you should know how useless that list is.... unless you go to the trouble of sittin ther for an hour adding aaaall the people you know
ya gotta rely on your memory or check the commander's commander's commander of everyone you attack or recon
I think you should be able to go to someone say Lor (if your PR) and change the status to alliance member, then this adds a alliance pic next to everyone in said chain or atleast some form of indication that they are friendlies

would leave no excuses for in-clan conflicts

eth
14th April 2005, 12:37 AM
Well, yes I think nocturnal's suggestion is better version of mine. I'm not someone who spends a whole day on the internet, if you must know. I've got a life and I really dont wish to spend a whole day of it adding ppl to a stupid buddylist. Its not going to promote cheating or anything. It will just make people more attracted to it since KoC does have competition, and this would make them a step above their competition. Its such a small thing, that can change things. For example, look at the current top-ranker, he has over 2000 officers who in turn have their officers and their officers' officers and this goes on forever. He's not the only one either. So, if we make the top commander an ally, all his officers should automatically be added at least as friends if not allies to the buddy list. The list of officers keeps on growing, too since there are some 2500 pages of players on KoC.

Neomackenzie
14th April 2005, 02:45 AM
ok ok then .. just lets say they add a kind of feature like u have on most message board with lil box to check next to the threads... then convert it in koc version: on the stats/chain page with boxes next to the names and then u have some list where u can select "ally, freind, enemy, etc" ..

u kno like in ur pm box or in a mod cp... where u see "delete all or move all etc" ... but just replace that... and then they add also a "select all" box.. voilą problem solved?

ack... i think i wasnt clear. damn english language

valxtrarie
14th April 2005, 02:48 AM
An alliance image would only serve to slow the server down. As it is, the captcha images are already taking time to load... plus, there are all those auto info gatherers (illegal) out there that are taxing the server... We don't need more to trouble the bandwidth...

Instead, in your stats, there's like the name, commander etc.... Have one additional line that states the top person in the chain. Say you're in PR, top person to appear would be Lor20_PR. Then everyone would know who their 'ultimate' commander is. If you're in SC, then if would show your 'ultimate' commander as Lord Striker. It'll prolly look something like this:

User Stats
Name :
Commander :
Top Commander :
Race :

etc.

Neomackenzie
14th April 2005, 02:51 AM
that was my 1st suggestion too

eth
14th April 2005, 03:20 AM
Yes, thats good too. Well, if pics slow the server down, at least that should be implemented. Its a neccesity.

valxtrarie
14th April 2005, 03:47 AM
Yep... I agree with that. It's a necessity to identify your own clan members! Especially if you're in large alliances...

Monsuco
14th April 2005, 05:09 PM
Yep... I agree with that. It's a necessity to identify your own clan members! Especially if you're in large alliances...
Meh. I kinda think it will only help encourage the game to be entirly alliance based. I kinda think it will make it a little easier on the little guy. I kinda think KoC is ok where it is at. Used to there was no buddy list.

King_arthur1234
15th April 2005, 06:03 AM
i dont think so it will encourage the game to be alliance based. it will only help u to recognize that is the person that u r trying to attack a member of ur alliance or not. it is especially a neccesity for players who are in big alliances like the SC. its on the ppl whether to join an alliance or not, and there are many ppl who donot approve of joining an alliance. so i dont think this is a bad idea, in fact it is a neccesity.( i dont mean to offend u in any way monsuco)

frozen_banana
15th April 2005, 01:28 PM
I like the idee very much!

eth
15th April 2005, 11:13 PM
Monsuco, I think you missed a point. What I mean to say is that when you join under someone, may not neccesarily be a clan, then the person and all the other persons he/she i connected to shall be identified in the battlefield. If the team is just two persons, i.e. the commander and his officer, then both of them would see each other with a green star (alliance member) in the battlefield. But, if the person under whom you join is an officer of someone, then that someone and his/her officers (except yours) shall have the icon of something different, such as friend maybe. Also, if your commander has officers other than you, then they shall be viewed as alliance members too. If such a complex process is to be avoided, why not give everyone who is connected to you in an officer-commander relationship, then why not mark them by something. Its not much to ask, just an addition to the game script, no modifications, no huge plans, no nothing. Moreover, you can use the buddy list to mark someone who is not in your chain, so not much of a tangle is it?

NoKtUrNaL
16th April 2005, 03:48 AM
i agree with Ethelorenas this has nothing to do with alliances
the clan im in is not in PR/SC any of those and we still have a large chain, its often a pain having to search up the chain to find that they are or are not in the clan
how about NO pictures simply when you enter the chain you can put next to your name the initials or name of your chain and anyone above or beneath you (and throughout the chain) are given the same addition to their stats page

you cant say this will take up more time to load, sure it may be tricksy but thtere are plenty of brilliant minds here on GUA and the admins i assume still have their talents..whether they display them or not

eth
16th April 2005, 05:11 AM
Well, if pictures slow severs down, how come buddy lists dont affect the server. If I put a buddy list icon on the whole of a command chain of LS, how come that doesnt slow the server down? I'm just talking automated buddy listing.

alwaysl00king2
17th April 2005, 12:31 AM
An alliance image would only serve to slow the server down. As it is, the captcha images are already taking time to load... plus, there are all those auto info gatherers (illegal) out there that are taxing the server... We don't need more to trouble the bandwidth...

Instead, in your stats, there's like the name, commander etc.... Have one additional line that states the top person in the chain. Say you're in PR, top person to appear would be Lor20_PR. Then everyone would know who their 'ultimate' commander is. If you're in SC, then if would show your 'ultimate' commander as Lord Striker. It'll prolly look something like this:

User Stats
Name :
Commander :
Top Commander :
Race :

etc.

I like this idea somewhat, with one possible change.

Allow each user a field where they can enter their alliance name. This entry will show up where the example of Top commander was before.

So

Top Commander:

would then read

Alliance:

Of course I can think of a couple ways this could be abused...or even strategically used...but if u use the same filters u use in the mail system, and limit the number of characters allowed to 15, this would remove much abuse. The strategically used part could be u could just type in alliance names by choice...and cause blame, on an alliance, or hide as an alliance member..etc etc..but this option might only be available to chainge twice an age too.

AL2

meleemaster
17th April 2005, 01:00 AM
Meh. I kinda think it will only help encourage the game to be entirly alliance based. I kinda think it will make it a little easier on the little guy.

I agree with you half and half, but it could also help the little guy, if he wants to be careful not to attack those who might mass him back.

Swordmaster
17th April 2005, 01:37 AM
Yes..its a good enough idea

Please do not slut post ~zap

eth
17th April 2005, 03:02 AM
al2, i think its good, your suggestion. But there's too much to do. Istead, the top commander thing would be really helpful.
There are a lot of 'little guys' around than the 'big guys'. They do get into real trouble sometimes and get massed. Some 'not so big guys' such as the ones at 14,000 ranks i.e 10,000-20,000 get massed too and have to quit the game, just because they made a foolish mistake, which could have been avoided. I'm saying this cos I was one of them. I have joined under a new name on KoC and almost got myself into trouble once again when I attacked a fellow alliance members' officer's officer's officer.

Swordmaster
17th April 2005, 03:06 AM
yes i almost got myself into trouble but the person i attacked thankfuly forgived me. I got out of the trouble. I have to be really careful who im attacking!

King_arthur1234
17th April 2005, 10:57 AM
u need to atleast put the name of the top commander or somethng like that to see whether he is in your alliance or not. i attacked someone by mistake in my alliance. anyway he was a good guy and did not rough me up for making this mistake. i cant just expect good guys to be around everywhere, CAN I ? however the mistake was not totally on my part as i cannot spend my whole day seeing whether this guy's final commander is the same as mine. so there really needs to be a system to identify ppl in the same alliance.

eth
18th April 2005, 03:46 AM
This is one of the worst examples of inter-clan battles. It turned out that EworTam and I were in the same clan. (OMG!). And this guy sabbed my whole attack armoury. I wonder if he's really that thick or could this be avoided if the naem of the topcommander had appeared beneath my commander's name.

EworTam
18th April 2005, 04:18 AM
Haha. :jerry:

You shouldnt wind people up. I've known your KoC name for weeks (your ego got in your way, it wasn't hard to find out) and been waiting for you to leave the chain before I sabbed your defense. Unfortunately you never did and I got bored waiting, and then you pushed me too far, so I sabbed you.

I realised you were in my chain. But I didn't care because:

A) You are not registered on forums
B) You told someone in PM you were just using being in the chain
C) I dont like you at all, and it felt damn good.

Oh and by the way, it was an example of "intra-clan" attack, not "inter-clan" attack, as that would mean something else. Duh!

One
18th April 2005, 07:15 AM
Conceptually I like the idea. As for graphics, because each individual belongs to only certain clans they don't have to be in-depth, they'll stay as they are, maybe with a diff color star for the alliance leader.

This would mean coding alliances into the game, though, and that might be more buggy and cause more trouble for the admins (and probably for us too) than it's worth.

eth
18th April 2005, 08:22 AM
Haha. :jerry:

You shouldnt wind people up. I've known your KoC name for weeks (your ego got in your way, it wasn't hard to find out) and been waiting for you to leave the chain before I sabbed your defense. Unfortunately you never did and I got bored waiting, and then you pushed me too far, so I sabbed you.

I realised you were in my chain. But I didn't care because:

A) You are not registered on forums
B) You told someone in PM you were just using being in the chain
C) I dont like you at all, and it felt damn good.

Oh and by the way, it was an example of "intra-clan" attack, not "inter-clan" attack, as that would mean something else. Duh!
Whats the difference. Its not if you were not bugging me, it was you who constantly kept taunting me and trying to make me look bad. I never wanted to pick a fight with you anyway. Anyway, our differences are here, onlyon GUA, not on KoC. I knew of your existance on KoC long since I joined the chain. Even though was less powerful than you, I never even wanted to attack you or do something horrible to you when I gained enough power. Its not me, but you who have pushed the limits dude, and this is not right. I didnt register to the forums cos I was waiting for me to get more powerful. Then I could concentrate on other things such as our clan forum. Whats your problem with me? It'll take ages to regain my whole defence armoury....what did I ever do to you on KoC?

EworTam
18th April 2005, 08:37 AM
This is KoC forums. You cant just seperate the two out.

So stop whinging. You have flamed/annoyed me on several occasions. (Im aware I have done so to you aswell - but hey, that's life) You left my name in your silly lil' dis list for to long. You cant aggrovate better players than yourself and expect them to do nothing in return (even if you are in my chain).

But good luck with raising your defense again. I'd hate it if something terrible happened to you for a second time.

Aamer
18th April 2005, 10:30 AM
you guys are going compleatly offtopic here... you shuold take your war out of this thread... even if it is what sparked this talk.

i always thought that their should be some automated way to add an entire chain of members AS WELL AS being able to upload like a .txt file and have it read off line by line all your buddies. that way, you can have your alliance mates that ARENT in the chain (i know most alliances practice chain only but many dont). that way your alliance could simply make a list and post it for all members to download and upload. and it wouldnt have to be stored on the server, just read and disguarded...... or somthing to that effect, im not a coder so i dunno how stuff like that works but i know it can be done.

also, the idea of having every user putting their alliance in is also a bad idea. many many players are in multiple alliances and it would be like forcing them to pick which one they're in. and people would exploit this ability to fill a free space on their stats page and type somthing stupid like "dont attack or ill sab you" and if you attack you cant say you werent warned. :p

the BEST idea so far is simply an addition of "high commander" onto a person's stat page. then you know if they're in the chain... and all none chain members can be added to the buddy list.

Swordmaster
18th April 2005, 11:54 AM
ok sorry about runing this thread(if i have)

eth
19th April 2005, 07:26 AM
ok sorry about runing this thread(if i have)Hey, you are a new member to GUA. It is natural of you to make mistakes. I see that youve suddenly got down and apologising after youve got your first warning. Its something from what youve got to learn. I got my first warning when I was accused of flaming with EworTam. I got the warning because I was new here and didnt know my way around and happened to meet the person who who was the would-be self-declared "arch-nemesis" of mine. The "war" couldve been completely avoided if we both had been sensible enough in the first place. We all learn from mistakes and thats the way the cookie crumbles (I think Ive been watching too much Bruce Almighty).
Well, the armoury-sabbing that recently took place in my alliance was intentional, but sometimes this happens because the person another person attacks or sabs happens to be a very low member of the same command chain (there may be a need to re-read this because it appears to be wrongly constructed at the first glance) . You follow half the command chain, dont see anyone you recognise and then attack the poor person. Well, thats why there is an urgent need to introduce this concept in Age 5, but if possible, in Age 4 itself, as uptil the new age starts, there would be a lot of these "crimes" already commited and an equal number of disgruntled players. They can introduce a "compulsary vacation period" in the age where this can be implemented. During this time, no player will be active, the accounts shall be frozen as they were before this period and would be re-activated after the modification has been completed. OR The other way is, that they can issue a download of the command-chain identification that players who are interested could download that would add all the members of the same command chain listed in the buddy list under the "alliance" tag. This shall make a new importance of the buddy-list.

Swordmaster
19th April 2005, 11:59 AM
Well downloading might be bad if you have a slow connection

meleemaster
19th April 2005, 04:26 PM
Yes, people have pointed that out already, but it's an option, not a nescessity. It wouldn't be more than 2mb with good scripting anyway.

LarryThePsycho
19th April 2005, 05:11 PM
Well, I love this idea - I hope it will be implemented soon. I'm quite getting tired of getting accused of hitting someone that is in the chain. I don't even like trying finding out if that person is in the chain or not - it would be waste of time. Also good example, what if someone has million of golds and you want to grab that from them but you have to waste few minutes finding out if that person is in the chain or not - and when you are ready to attack, that person has no golds left - he/she spent them all...that would be annoying.

boriszima
19th April 2005, 11:00 PM
if anybody feels that somebody broke the rules, specifically they flamed you or of that sort, dont try to settle in a thread. report a post and and it will be reviewed.

Idea is good but as neo suggest right from the start, what happens to one if they are still in the chain ? can they pick a different icon or what ?
Idea has been proposed long time ago to make a new category like commander and under it a person can type in (select) an alliance name. so far admins have ignored it.

eth
20th April 2005, 01:02 AM
Well, the admins should consider it seriously. Its quite important.

King_arthur1234
20th April 2005, 01:52 AM
well like larrythepsycho said it wuld be very annoying if u waste a few mins to see if the guy's in ur command chain or not. and when u come back and see that he has no gold left now. that wuld be seriously annoying. and admins need to consider this idea. its important for players who are in huge alliances. and most of the ppl today are mostly in alliances. so this idea is a neccesity.

Swordmaster
20th April 2005, 03:35 AM
yes im going to vote yes to this

King_arthur1234
23rd April 2005, 08:46 AM
yes im going to vote yes to this
Swordmaster, something like this is not supposed to be posted in threads. One can guess what you voted for by the nature of your posts. When there are multiple options, its ok, but since here it is either yes or no, you need not be posting this. :biggrin: Just a kindly advice, dont take it rudely.

xix_xix
23rd April 2005, 03:52 PM
Stop beying lazy and use the budylist.

Lol makes me laugh to read this.

Do you realize how many people are in both the PR and SC chains??

we are talking 10's of thousands of players.......

Its not laziness to not want to sit and change 10,000 odd players using the buddy list lmao..

Let me see you try it.

--

I cant see it being to much of a problem to insert something that automatically adds the chain logo etc to the players details to clearly show where their allegiance lies.

I read a comment about, what if a member is kicked from an alliance/chain.

Very simple!!! (should of been done for this age) - The abillity for commanders to be able to ditch Generals if they want to.

The commander would simply kick the player from their army then instantly that player would loose the chain logo.

Sounds fairly simple, but I guess its harder than it sounds or it would of been done by now :)

frozen_banana
24th April 2005, 02:56 AM
30 yes
2 no

Well, I think this was a very small, but good idea :D

I'm in a small chain now, but the age before I had a lot of problems with that...
grtz

meleemaster
24th April 2005, 04:31 AM
31-2 now, I forgot to vote, lol. I think the admins should give an email or something to the GUA mods so we can submit serious ideas to them and get an answer more quickly.

Pegasus
24th April 2005, 05:02 AM
it would be much better

eth
24th April 2005, 09:20 AM
I cant see it being to much of a problem to insert something that automatically adds the chain logo etc to the players details to clearly show where their allegiance lies.

I read a comment about, what if a member is kicked from an alliance/chain.

Very simple!!! (should of been done for this age) - The abillity for commanders to be able to ditch Generals if they want to.

The commander would simply kick the player from their army then instantly that player would loose the chain logo.

Sounds fairly simple, but I guess its harder than it sounds or it would of been done by now :)
It might not be as simple as it sounds, but hey, if they could wind up formulas for covert thingys, this would be a piece of cake for them.

eth
25th May 2005, 04:36 AM
Since there are so many "ideas" popping up about alliance identification and such, let me just tell them that this is where it has been suggested before. Just to reduce the number of repeated threads.

andyt683
23rd June 2005, 06:08 AM
Not to rain on this parade, but any chain identification would require massive database queries. Every time you load a stats page, the script would have to track down the overall commander, and it would have to go about it the same way you do: step by step. This would lead to an additional 20+ queries at times. Queries take time, and the massive increase in traffic would lead to a site-wide slowdown.

bloodpirate
23rd June 2005, 11:08 AM
The problem now it using up bandwidth and time, as you have to check up the whole chain, commander by commander, which uses server time changing the page constantly, then going back back back until you get back to original target. it would be easier if, just like the buddy star or whatever, it would automatically be there for everyone in your chain when you go to the attack page. you can only make about 300 buddies which isn't many compared to the thousands of people in some chains.

Bloodthirsty
23rd June 2005, 11:47 PM
this is a great idea to track clans. absolutely needed. It would be great. It should definately be put into affect!!!

Lord_Niblet
24th June 2005, 08:01 AM
its realy need in the game

sharky123
27th June 2005, 02:27 PM
WEll ppl should just be more patient and look more the one problem with this is could single out the smaller alliances that are trying to stay out of the way and grow

sharky123

Beanyb0y
3rd July 2005, 04:44 PM
I voted yes.

This might have been discussed so i might've missed it. But you say an "Alliance Icon" would this just be the higheswt commander's link? Because sometimes a chain will have a spy account or just an account above the highest one

My idea to counteract this would be to just type in you alliance leaders name in a box at the command center or something, and then that appears on your page. If people lied or something than they could be reported and have their account frozen or soemthing.

Beany

.ßlµnt.
3rd July 2005, 06:22 PM
I agree this should be implemented, i recently attacked a clan member in SC by mistake and done it a second time the next day as i was on a gold hunt and didnt check again, i got a pm from a high ranked sc player saying i should stop or higher members will be brought into the issue. This is needed in the game imo.

Hydrofluoric-
4th July 2005, 11:38 AM
Ive accidentally attacked my own RF members at times as well. Theres just too many officers. Great Idea!

AwakeningOfTheLlama
4th July 2005, 02:01 PM
i think this is a good idea, but just a little thing, i thought you can add only 150 buddies of one type (alliance member/ignored/friend/enemy/neutral)...so what if you join a command chain with over 150 members?... maybe the number should be modified as well...

btw...
ack... i think i wasnt clear. damn english language
i didn't get it :P

eth
5th July 2005, 08:36 AM
I voted yes.

This might have been discussed so i might've missed it. But you say an "Alliance Icon" would this just be the higheswt commander's link? Because sometimes a chain will have a spy account or just an account above the highest one

My idea to counteract this would be to just type in you alliance leaders name in a box at the command center or something, and then that appears on your page. If people lied or something than they could be reported and have their account frozen or soemthing.

BeanyWell yes, some, alliances do have spy accounts,but all members of that clan know that that account exists in their own clan. And for your question, it would just display the highest commader name like it displays the gold, or rank, army size and commander.

King_arthur1234
7th July 2005, 03:21 AM
I am so happy that this thread came up again, self alliance identification is really necessary and i think so that the 'top commander' idea is the best upto now. we just need a seperate row to show the name of the top commander and nothing else, so it wont slow the server down and at the same time be helpful to us.

MttJocy
10th July 2005, 08:53 PM
I aggree with this idea but also see that the self identifing could be abuse by some and the other method could lead to someone in chain but not in allaince being unable to show that, so maybe adding both where the alliance letters are placed in [] at the start of the name:

User: [SC]MttJocy
Commander: Heerjonas
Supreme Commander: LordStriker
etc...

Showing both the self entered ID and the supreme commander, unlike images this is really no huge drain on resouces I mean what is that, in this instance.

I understand some people might want to hide their allaince status sometimes but just have a toggle link to turn the tag on and off, maybe also an option to place either before or after the name, with or without []'s for cosmetic reasons, not needed but not hard to have either, is only check boxes and 2 boolean values to add to the DB.

FinNor-Nilith
15th July 2005, 09:18 AM
I think it;s a good idea, but you have to get a change to join 2 clans like im in too..

eth
15th July 2005, 10:30 AM
I think it;s a good idea, but you have to get a change to join 2 clans like im in too.. I think you misunderstood. Identification is of the topmost commander of a particular command-chain, i.e. a sperate link appears near the commander link as the highest commander and his name.
For example,

Name: xyz
Commander: abc
Highest Commander / Chain Comander: mno {if xyz is the highest commander, then his name will appear here}
Race:
Army Size: #####
Fortification:
Buddy List Status: *

R1DD1CK
16th July 2005, 08:33 AM
i think this is a damn good idea wot with our alliance growing as fast as it is it would take up a whole lot of time changing the status of all of the carnage members god knows how long it would take lordstriker' clan members?? maby longer than an age lol

I aggree with this idea but also see that the self identifing could be abuse by some and the other method could lead to someone in chain but not in allaince being unable to show that, so maybe adding both where the alliance letters are placed in [] at the start of the name:

User: [SC]MttJocy
Commander: Heerjonas
Supreme Commander: LordStriker
etc...

Showing both the self entered ID and the supreme commander, unlike images this is really no huge drain on resouces I mean what is that, in this instance.

I understand some people might want to hide their allaince status sometimes but just have a toggle link to turn the tag on and off, maybe also an option to place either before or after the name, with or without []'s for cosmetic reasons, not needed but not hard to have either, is only check boxes and 2 boolean values to add to the DB.

wish i'd read this befour i'd added my 10 penneth worth this is exactly wot we all need i'ts an absolute must have

FinNor-Nilith
16th July 2005, 11:59 AM
I think you misunderstood. Identification is of the topmost commander of a particular command-chain, i.e. a sperate link appears near the commander link as the highest commander and his name.
For example,

Name: xyz
Commander: abc
Highest Commander / Chain Comander: mno {if xyz is the highest commander, then his name will appear here}
Race:
Army Size: #####
Fortification:
Buddy List Status: *

And what about clanmembers which arent in the chain? Dont think its gonna work for everything.

mooing_duck
19th July 2005, 02:28 PM
Basically, I thought: What if each clan emailed a list of thier clan members (probably in a certain format) to a specific KoC email? And KoC could write a little program to go through those players and add a little clan #215 to thier file. And also know that clan #215 is say StrikerClan or something. If the clan name appeared next to/under thier name always, that would clear all the confusion with clans attacking themselves. :D
Also, saving a number takes little space, and sending "StrikerClan" over the net takes very little bandwith. Only drawback is clans that don't have a list, or have leaders to lazy to do this. But if this is the case, it's probably not a good clan anyways. :footballh
Might be good to be able to email the accout to say "I am not in a clan" in case a clan claims you and you didn't join. :11doh:

I_AM_MEXI
19th July 2005, 05:05 PM
See, this is why I'm glad I don't belong to any clans, its good to be a solitary fighter because then you don't have to be as picky about who you attack

JCDenton_4
8th August 2005, 10:04 PM
i think that it should just say either the alliance's name, or the supreme commander. that would solve downloading issues.