PDA

View Full Version : Everything needes changing

Pandamonium
11th April 2005, 09:08 PM
Lots

1.A commander change in the middle of the age
2.Mercs available a lot more, I cant stand sitting and waiting. Mayb a pre-order.
3.Vacation mode-fix it!! Still recieve men mayb, and get attack turns. Also to help with hacking, you should be able to get out of vacation mode whenever you want.
4.Less men lose-When I go away its not really just the money I'm worried about. I lose tons of men and my weapons get slammed. I cant attack, and I cant buy mercs to attack cause they arent available.
5.Better bonuses when it comes to mithril, dragons, and ISs. So ISs are best value. More weapons or different names. Also, something that might be cool-a monthly upgrade varying in price. Can be mayb like "Jewish bankers" and get mayb a 2% TBG bonus. Or "Weapon Sharpening" and have better attack. Mayb even "Doctors" and lower casualty rate.

All my ideas are brilliant, as seen above, and should be put into effect immediately :P:P:P:P

Phyrus
11th April 2005, 09:15 PM
2.Mercs available a lot more, I cant stand sitting and waiting. Mayb a pre-order.

but in real life, how would you know where to find them? you gotta think of the more realistic side of things.

3.Vacation mode-fix it!! Still recieve men mayb, and get attack turns. Also to help with hacking, you should be able to get out of vacation mode whenever you want.

all this contradicts the purpose of vacation mode...besides the hacking part

NoKtUrNaL
11th April 2005, 10:23 PM
Your talking about making this game much too easy with less strategy involved
your heavy men loss is due to your large army size
bigger armies always suffer more casualites
As tyrus said how do you expect to find a merc? the point of it is they come to you you dont look for them hence the mercenary page being random (or close to random)

5.Better bonuses when it comes to mithril, dragons, and ISs. So ISs are best value. More weapons or different names. Also, something that might be cool-a monthly upgrade varying in price. Can be mayb like "Jewish bankers" and get mayb a 2% TBG bonus. Or "Weapon Sharpening" and have better attack. Mayb even "Doctors" and lower casualty rate.
this is just jibberish
IS are best value, where did you get this idea that they weren't? Doctors would cost an insane amount to use for those in the higher ranks with bigger armies and therefore ineffective
Someone i believe suggested HP(hit points) for EVERY soldier...this is on the same line i think, it would take too much of the "control your army" feeling out of the game
your not supposed to care about each individual soldier

You should perhaps put more time into these ideas before bringing them to public..

Pandamonium
14th April 2005, 04:08 PM
Mercs are supposed to be random in real life, but if sitting at your comp refreshing 24/7 is strategic and realistic.....I can see how the randomness mite differ, but wen they show from what ive seen either 2000 of each or 15000 of each and are gone in 30seconds......Thats annoying....

And HoT-NockTurnal "IS are best value, where did you get this idea that they weren't? Doctors would cost an insane amount to use for those in the higher ranks with bigger armies and therefore ineffective"

Doctors could be like a fortification, and a monthly upgrade would be unique. I dont know where you got the dumb idea that they would cost a lot for higher ranks....Its not like say fortress is 40mil for a lowranked personm and 100mil for hhigh ranked....It would be a bonus and for a price you could upgrade so you lost less men....Where did you get individual soldier idea????Thing before you comment. Probably the same math that made you think ISs were such a good value. Nothing like the diff between low weapons and wargs/steed/wutever. They are slightly better, but reasson ppl get em is for less defense soldiers. But then again listening to your comments you probably dont even have an IS.

About vacation:many higher players wouldnt consider putting their accounts on vacation mode, because it puts them way behind. I can see that is an ify change. But really fix the unsuspension. 2 of my officers have been hacked and suspended for 5 weeks, as did SS and it took a while for admins to get him back.

Phyrus
14th April 2005, 07:04 PM
About vacation:many higher players wouldnt consider putting their accounts on vacation mode, because it puts them way behind. I can see that is an ify change. But really fix the unsuspension. 2 of my officers have been hacked and suspended for 5 weeks, as did SS and it took a while for admins to get him back.

but we're not talking about people being hacked are we... we're talking about people having the ability to jump out of vacation mode whenever they wished, which isnt a good idea because it would be the same as putting yourself in it at night, waking up the next morning to jump out of it making sure you didnt get attacked/sabbed.

deathwish11
14th April 2005, 07:56 PM
Yeah, Tyrus has a good point. People would abuse being able to go in and out of vacation mode quite often. I know I would.

-deathwish11

Pandamonium
14th April 2005, 08:02 PM
mayb 1 jumpout? or 1 a month

NoKtUrNaL
14th April 2005, 08:49 PM
That would mean someone can flee a war like a coward
its a war game not a build up an army then hide at the first sign of danger
If you wont want to fight then give your account to someone else and go play solitaire....
I agree with the "refreshing the merc page isn't realistic" but its only like this because of the massive farming page 1 players are doing

Doctors could be like a fortification, and a monthly upgrade would be unique. I dont know where you got the dumb idea that they would cost a lot for higher ranks....Its not like say fortress is 40mil for a lowranked personm and 100mil for hhigh ranked....It would be a bonus and for a price you could upgrade so you lost less men....Where did you get individual soldier idea????Thing before you comment. Probably the same math that made you think ISs were such a good value. Nothing like the diff between low weapons and wargs/steed/wutever. They are slightly better, but reasson ppl get em is for less defense soldiers. But then again listening to your comments you probably dont even have an IS.
No offense but do you play this game? you dont see the better players arming every one of their soldiers with bloody steeds
The less of a weapon you have the less it costs to repair
So you are right the damage is equal say you have 400 steeds, you could easily have 100 excalibur and the damage would be the same
but your cost for repairing would be astronomical compared....so dont call me stupid unless you know what your talking about
THe indiviudal idea was NOT yours and i never said it was your idea, i said someone brought it up and it was a failure because nobody wants to heal every soldier if they have 50,000

Now on the DIRECT attack you did on me with saying

But then again listening to your comments you probably dont even have an IS.
may i ask your rank? and why you think i am not a good player? i may not of played every age but i have an account ranked under 1,000 now and well over 50,000 men
So (mods can delete or warn me for this) Fuck you dont be such an arrogant prick...dont be so condesending unless you know who your talking about
If you think that people buy IS just to have fewer men your greatly mistaken as i said before its for saving money on repairs (thats why i do it)

Pandamonium
15th April 2005, 10:44 PM
Strike Action 82,022,923 Ranked #1,118
Defensive Action 451,138,379 Ranked #275
Spy Rating 11,017,216 Ranked #4,109
Sentry Rating 79,137,792 Ranked #884

My stats id rather not give out my name.

Wut are you talking bout doctors all that shizzat btw? It would be simple. Say you attack someone with your 100mil SA to their 90milDA. And say you have 50,000men and lose 600. Well doctors simply would change the %, so you might lose maybe 550....got that??Simple stuff.....
Where do you get every soldier? O kinda like before you attack you click on each weapon and click on a soldier to give it to??<--sarcasm Its a game of %, now excuse me while i go get wasted.
Math time:

33,970 + 16,000=49,970=not well over 50,000

Swordmaster
17th April 2005, 02:25 AM
i think it would be unfair to be able to flee the war

NoKtUrNaL
17th April 2005, 03:36 AM
Military Effectiveness
Strike Action 106,845,615 Ranked #932
Defensive Action 138,138,209 Ranked #1,060
Spy Rating 56,116,224 Ranked #1,043
Sentry Rating 73,133,056 Ranked #1,049

Now that you may listen to me more...
Your idea seems to be a bit more understandable since you got off your high horse and made sense
however doctors would have to march onto the battlefield and thus be able to

STOP BRINGING UP THE HEALING EACH UNIT IDEA DAMMIT I NEVER SAID U BROUGHT IT UP I USED IT AS AN EXAMPLE....DAMNNNNNN

Someone i believe suggested HP(hit points) for EVERY soldier...this is on the same line i think, it would take too much of the "control your army" feeling out of the game

THe indiviudal idea was NOT yours and i never said it was your idea

Thank you

Now back to the point, if u wanna lose less soldiers train them to attack and train down before you go attacking
doctors could be useful so i apologise for losing my cool i have a short temper when treated like an inferior...:)
Would the doctors also march onto the battlefield? i would assume they would (to prevent the extra losses) how about they get killed also? so before a huge war players can buy more doctors and perhaps send out 5-15 with the attacks

i never said arming each guy with a weapon :P that would be ridiciulous

also, off topic
are you Red_Dread??

Swordmaster
17th April 2005, 04:03 AM
Would u have to train doctors like soldier? Mabye a limit to the amount you can have? Depending on rank.

NoKtUrNaL
17th April 2005, 04:11 AM
How about like the mercs you can only have a % of doctors related to how many soldiers you have
10,000 soldiers means maximum 2,500 mercs
so how about drop the % to 10% and then you can have 10 doctors for 100 soldiers? or 5%...i dunno
depending on rank woul dbe hard though, due to the fact its simple to drop back heaps in rank from selling off a stat for an upgrade or something

Swordmaster
17th April 2005, 04:12 AM
that would work...can you please check my daemon post?

Pandamonium
17th April 2005, 08:06 AM
I didn't suggest doctors as a unit lol. I suggested it as an upgrade, much like fortress or palace. One time buy. You get that. You could have a part of command centers showing special upgrades you got, and it would list doctors. It wouldnt be a unit. It mite help if I called it "Medicine"

Swordmaster
18th April 2005, 12:32 PM
Yeh but then it will be harder for newer ppl to weaken each other? i think the unit idea is better

master_prince
18th April 2005, 12:40 PM
the healing unit idea just totaly sucks and shouldn't be brought back up, it will be worthless isn't the game just fine enough? why fix something that isn't broken.. well not entirely broken :p but for now let's just leave it as it is.. please

Swordmaster
18th April 2005, 12:43 PM
I suppose it would be better without healing. ppl get enough from click programs and their once a day soldier gain. but mabye new player get healing for certain time period?

master_prince
18th April 2005, 12:51 PM
hmm don't know about that.. if you mean like players ranked above like 90k or something?
maybe it could be done.. but it's still won't go cause every player deserve the same opportunity as the other cause some players won't never be ranked above 300.. they start the age low and end low.. so the guys that do start in let's say 90k will have a bigger advantage.. but still the healing units is totaly useless to my opinion and ofcourse people will disagree with me ;)

Swordmaster
18th April 2005, 12:53 PM
well it is fair i suppose... mabye only people who have just joined get healing for only 1 day?