PDA

View Full Version : New race: dark elves

frozen_banana
11th April 2005, 02:03 PM
Well, I think elves are to good for the moment
If we make Dark elves, we can give THEM the 25% spy and Elves 25% sentry, I think it's better then 22% covert bonus...
(I would like black for their color, or grey :laughing: )

grtz FrOzEn_bAnAnA!!!

Winkums
11th April 2005, 05:09 PM
The goblins have the 17% sentry bonus.

You sunk my scrabbleship! Now king me!

NoKtUrNaL
11th April 2005, 07:01 PM
Goblins? ugh no
Dark elves...how about instead of that as the bonus (its been suggested heaps, leave elves with 22% covert!! simplifies everything)
Perhaps give Dark Elves 10% to attack and 12% to covert?
Alot of people who play elf accounts that i know are focusing mostly with strike and spy/sentry so whynot let that be the bonus

Giving them 25% spy is not the best idea...the 22% for both makes alot of sense and everyones used to it, there would be too much confusion just having a new race for that

maybe the random factor for sabbing can be tweaked to make them more successfull...
You should read other threads on new races and see how much time people put into their ideas

eth
11th April 2005, 09:46 PM
Well, I dont say this is a bad idea as such, but this was suggested somewhere in this forum some time ago. I'll say what I had said then:
If you are thinking of building a subspecies of one race, then you will have to build a subspecies of everyother subspecies as well. Building a subspecies is as good as building a race. Suggesting things is very simple. Creating a database for it, such as weapons, bonuses, getting approval of majority takes time but is not that difficult. But you will have to do this for every single race then. But this would mean too many races and would reduce the game's value. Then again, the admins have to do a lot of programming, which consumes a lot of time as they are not fully game-developers as such yet. So, taking all these things into consideration, a subspecies is out of the question right now.

NoKtUrNaL
11th April 2005, 10:26 PM
Hmm, just off the top of my head, for subspecies how about these? rough idea with basic % bonuses

Orcs--Urak-Hai(25% attack 5% defend?)
Elves--Dark Elves(15% covert 5% attack)
Humans--Rangers(15% income 7% covert)
Dwarfs--Trolls(20% Defense 5% attack)

frozen_banana
11th April 2005, 11:27 PM
Ok, so no spy bonus for dark elves...
I just wanne know if you think this is a good race, then we can think of their weapons and stuff...

Well, thx for suggestions allready... :spin1:

grtz

eth
12th April 2005, 03:05 AM
Well, I mean no offense, but wouldnt subspecies make the game more complicated? I thought I had cleared my point in my earlier post.

NoKtUrNaL
12th April 2005, 03:37 AM
Sure it would
but ya never know how tricksy the admins will make next age
if there is a next age...
I'm simply comin up with what i'd like
before someone suggests a whole pile of crappy ideas hahaha

Okastega
12th April 2005, 05:26 AM
Not really, keep Dark Elves to Lineage. Bad idea, I have nothing more to say.

eth
12th April 2005, 07:24 AM
I do wish that a new race will enter the next race, but at the moment, the number of people who favour this race have fallen behind those who oppose it, so I dont hold any big chances of this being successful. Sorry for beingblunt, but thats the way it is right now. I am neither with it nor against it. I'll just be posting here to give advice and/or to criticise.

The_Krizz
12th April 2005, 12:03 PM
Dark elves and Undead...hmm, that will make 6 different species in the next age. I like that, but I am not sure if new players know what race they should pick when starting.

About Dark-elves: I wouldn't really call them Dark-elves, because you have (normal) elves already, so I think that adding Trolls, Ogers, Demons or Sheep will add much more balance to the game (except for the sheep-idea)

frozen_banana
12th April 2005, 02:08 PM
kk, I guess this race isn't that well, let them be in lineage like said before ^^

Grtz frozen_banana!