PDA

View Full Version : Creating Games

EcKoGaNgSTa
12th September 2004, 05:24 PM
How do people create those mini-flash games? What programs do they use? Can anyone here give me any information on how to make a simple-game such as the little games you find on ebaumsworld?

Squidi
12th September 2004, 05:56 PM
You can use RPG maker or game maker. I don't have any links so go onto google and type it in.

Darkstar_
12th September 2004, 06:00 PM
well in Flash they use a internal program called ActionScript.

I use GameMaker and RPGMaker2k3 to make my games i find them the most simple to use without having any knowledge in programming skills.

If you are looking for something a bit more challenging then look up on Sphere and IKA. They are more based on engines and scripting with the coding and the confusingness that im really not into that much.

Death_Bunny
13th September 2004, 09:29 AM
The Flash games are made with the use of Flash itself. In terms of making games, this is one of the easier ways to go if you are looking at starting right from scratch. However, like it has been said, if you don't want to start EVERYTHING yourself, then you will definately have to go through something like RPG Maker 2k3. Both have their pros and cons, so I suppose that you will just have to try them for yourself. But here is a little starter hint for you;

RPG Maker has a number of pre-set formulas and game play to it where as making a Flash game needs to have EVERYTHING done to it by yourself. Choose how much time and work you are looking for and then post again or go from there.

IanC
13th September 2004, 04:22 PM
You can make 3d games quite easily in Blender (check out www.blender3d.org)
Otherwise, flash is the best bet really, but only for 2d games.

Ian

Darkstar_
13th September 2004, 04:28 PM
i've seen some good flash games made with a 3d Program.

ZeppelinSt0rm
17th September 2004, 05:57 PM
What about Java, can it be used to make games??

Darkstar_
17th September 2004, 05:58 PM
yes Java can be used but it is really complicated. Im not big on programming.

IanC
18th September 2004, 10:44 AM
Whatever you make a game in, you need to use programming. The level of programming does change, but you need it to make a decent game.

Java is quite easy, easier than c++ for anything involving a GUI and its more portable.

Ian

ThrenodicWhisper
18th September 2004, 10:56 PM
yea...a good program to use is macromedia's flash...expensive but very easy to use and it for both mac and windows...(mac 10.3 comes with it)

Crayon Violent
20th September 2004, 06:24 PM
i like using flash mx because i am more interested in doing animation, but flash allows me to make them interactive with actionscript, so it's kind of like a game only with no plot. you can make simple games with flash, like tetris or something.

I've started to learn both java and c++ several times in the past. from what have gotten around to learning, they are both pretty much the same, as far as level of complexity. But i'm by no means a hardcore programmer in either, so I suppose it's not fair of me to say they are pretty much the same thing. I hear from most people though that c++ is the way to go, for programming games.

IanC
21st September 2004, 11:37 AM
Well, C++ is definitely faster, and I personally find it easier (though havent been javaing for as long).
However, java is much easier to use for making gui's.

I only prefer C++ as it is faster and I usually do large computational command line stuff.

Id say, go with java for games, it saves using something like SDL to get an output.

Ian