PDA

View Full Version : Hoax's Burial (INVITE ONLY)

Shade
4th September 2004, 04:11 PM
It has been a day since Hoax and Tyler died. Shade is still feeling extremely depressed over it, having no one but Seris and Mantis to comfort her, though no one is in her room in the keep at the moment. A knock comes on the door.

"Come in." Says Shade.

Mantis comes with a coffin that carries Hoax's body. She--wisely--leaves the coffin outside and comes in.

"We need to incinerate Hoax, remember?" She asks softly, yet even in the way she speaks, her voice quivers and it shows that even Mantis hasn't gotten over it. Shade nods and the two head outside, to the forest outside of the keep's grounds. The forest is thick, with tall trees with huge, dense branches. Hardly a sliver of sunlight penetrates the dark forest.

"Now what?" The figure wearing a white dress with a mask tied at her side and two swords sheathed that is Shade says.

"Now we wait." Comes the response from the green-clad figure with antennae and a helmet with a visor that is Mantis.

Shade nods. Mantis sits down, burying her head in her hands, as does Shade, yet she somehow manages to keep the weight on her head from bogging it down.

(OOC: INVITATION ONLY)

Bad_Kharma
4th September 2004, 05:10 PM
At the keep, a feast was going on in honour of the leader of the armies, Redtigerfang. After all, their leader and master had led a glorious life and such a thing was not to be mourned. For many more days would the feast go on and still more and more guests arrived to participate. Yet, The Forbidden One was not the only one to have died that day, Hoax had taken his own life as well and somehow had drawn his brother with him in death. Thus it had not only become a feast in Redtigerfang's honour, but also in Hoax's honour for death is but the start of everything. One's soul can never die and in death we just go into the next stage of life, which is not a thing to be mourned.

Yet, Ingold did understand that not everybody was in a happy mood for every member of the army had lost a leader and a comrade that day. They might be in a happier place, yet, we would rather have that they were still here with us for although we deny it most of the times, we humans are selfish beings.

Seeing Shade and Mantis leave the keep, the guard on duty went to fetch Ingold as he had been ordered. Soon after, Ingold left the feast and headed outside, following the two figures and quickly catching up with them. The green grass between the forest and the keep glistened in the moonlight, small water drops condensing on the grass sprites. A mild wind rustled the many leaves, plucking some of their branches as autumn was drawing near. The air was still warm though, despite the night and some warm summer days were still to come. Stepping closer to Mantis and Shade, Ingold nodded, for he knew Hoax was closer to them then the arcane mage had been to him. They had their differences after all.

"Mantis, Shade, I have taken the liberty to have a pyre prepared just outside the graveyard where Hoax's summoned army of undead lays buried. Unless you have other plans, we could take him there."

Ingold was always dressed for a funeral, his black cloak and hood covering his body completely. This time, it was no difference and even at the feast he had been wearing his normal attire, this time however he didn’t stand out since a lot of the guests were cloaked in the dark colour as well.

Shade
4th September 2004, 05:19 PM
Shade and Mantis turn, and lo and behold, there is Ingold. He is dressed in black like usual, and both are somewhat happy to see him. Of all the people who know about it, Ingold seemed the least likely to come. Shade forces a sad smile while Mantis picks her head up, her expression hidden behind the visor. For all anyone knows, Mantis could be putting on some act, but her whole demeanor says otherwise.

"Thanks for coming, Ingold," Shade says in a wavering voice, then swallows hard. "I was planning on having Rakoth come, but I remembered what you said about him being exiled. That's why we planned on having the incineration away from the keep, unless you'd make an exception just this once?"

Mantis, in the meantime, sighs heavily, a sigh laiden with grief. "I still can't believe it." She mutters under her breath.

Bad_Kharma
4th September 2004, 05:30 PM
"Rakoth can be here if he wishes to be. If not, he can follow the whole thing via Seris if needed. I realise that Hoax and I didn't exactly saw things the same way, but he was still a part of the armies. I never forgave him for his latest behaviour though and now I never will, the only thing I can do now is give him a place within the Hall of the Armies, so that he may be remembered by those who come after us.

Shade, Mantis, if there is anything I can do to make things a little bit easier on you, feel free to ask."

Now Ingold just went silent again for if the two girls would rather mourn without the annoying sound of Ingold's voice, he would of course gladly grant them that wish.

Shade
4th September 2004, 05:43 PM
Mantis silently nods, then lets out a sad sigh. "Hoax had a good soul," She says, her voice laiden with grief. "It was Orical who took Shade and bruised her, not Hoax. You see, Orical somehow took over Hoax's body. I guess," She says, choking a sob. "He thought that this was for the best."

Shade nods in agreement, and the three turn around and head for the pyre, but Mantis and Shade walk slowly, the weight of the grief and angst on them obviously heavy.

Rakoth
4th September 2004, 05:46 PM
Seris left her room to visit shade and mantis. She is wearing a ceremonial black dress, that coveres most of her form. Her eyes shine a bright blue as they scan the room slowly.
She walked up to Shade, Ingold and Mantis.

"Rakoth is on his way, I hope you don't mind if he comes for the funeral. It is not often that poeple such as Hoast are lost to us. He will cause no trouble, and will leave as soon as everything is over."

She turned to Shade.

"He feels terrible for your lost, I can feel it from here. He sais that if there is anything he can do, he will be at your service. I am sure he will tell you the rest when he gets here."

Shade
4th September 2004, 05:53 PM
The four continue towards the graveyard. Shade looks up at Seris. "Thank you," She says, her voice wavering. "For your kind words. I feel so horrible for the way I treated Hoax. The last thing I told him was to stay far away from me."

Shade's eyes widen and she gives a sob, tears running down her cheeks. "Maybe he took that to an extreme." Normally, Shade wouldn't've thought those things. But, she feels somehow responsible for Hoax's death.

Mantis turns abruptly to Shade, her voice quivering and shaking. "You know that that's not true. Don't think that!"

Hysteria
4th September 2004, 05:57 PM
Talen moved down the hall his body emitting a slight green aura. To those that new the masters skills, the green was a clear sign of the grief that he felt within. To those that did not, the steely exterior showed no emotion at all.

Hoax... This is too much to think about right now..

Talen continued to move out into the main hall. His black cloak swished from side to side as he walked. Then the sight of the grave yard hit him. The green aura burst into full colour. It swirled around him in a beautiful dance.

Regaining some of his composure, the aura mellowed a bit before he continued towards Ingold, Shade and Seris

Shade
4th September 2004, 06:01 PM
Mantis holds out a hand to Talen. "Thank you," She says, restrained sadness in her voice. "For coming."

The five continue on, Shade and Mantis looking at the ground, walking very, very slowly. In fact, one might think that they are moving backwards. The shadows darken their mood further, Mantis staying close to Seris, knowing that she is there for her, even though she might not exactly understand the pain that the two are going through.

Shade continues to silently cry, still believing that she is somehow responsible for this. "Somehow," She says. "I feel I am somewhat responsible for this."

Again, Mantis looks at Shade. "I keep telling you, this was Hoax's decision to take his own life..." She trails off for a moment, holding back tears. "And I'm sure that you aren't a cause."

Shade nods, but her face shows that she doesn't really believe what Mantis says.

Draco
4th September 2004, 06:20 PM
Tim, in his human form, walked into the forest. He saw Shade, and alked over to her. He had gotton the message three days ago, and had been shocked to learn that Hoax had died. Saying nothing, he put an arm around Shade.

"It's okay to cry," he whispered.

Shade
4th September 2004, 06:30 PM
Shade sniffles and turns around to a voice that has become very familiar to her. She forces a smile and looks up, teary-eyed, to Tim. She nods, and without a word, embraces Tim, burying her head in his shoulder and crying softly.

Mantis smiles sadly beneath her helmet. Her invitation had gone through, and sure enough, Tim had come. She knows that Shade needs Tim, and he can help much than she can. She stops and turns around, watching Shade, just keeping an eye on her for the time being, having nothing else to do. It is all she can do to stop herself from crying, too.

Draco
4th September 2004, 06:36 PM
Tim began to glow slightly. His form grew, and slowly metamorphized into that of a large green dragon. He folded one wing over Shade, and faced the rest of the group.

"I will not hide behind false illusions," he said. "It would be disrespectful to Hoax's memory."

Shade
4th September 2004, 06:54 PM
Mantis's eyes widen, still not accustomed to Tim's sudden changes in appearances. She smiles sadly at the two as she passes, getting the coffin. From there, she somberly walks up to the front of the group, still shuddering from all the sadness contained within.

Shade nods. "It means a lot to me that you're here." With that, she buries her head against the dragon's hide. Though it scratches her face, it doesn't stop Shade from crying. The wing around her, she feels protected and is slightly reminded of her mother's protectiveness.

Speaking of Jade...

Jade flys around the two. Poor Shade hasn't even noticed the draike lately, behind so somber and lonely. Shade will need to feed her draike lots of food when they are done. Jade isn't oblivious to the situation, flying slowly, almost mournfully.

The group comes to a path that is illuminated by light. Mantis turns around to Ingold. "D-Do we follow the path or...?"

Draco
5th September 2004, 02:20 PM
Tm looked up, and saw Jade. Their eyes lock, and Tim sent her a telepathinc message, basically explaining the situation in terms a non-sentient being could understand, finishing by telling her to come and comfort Shade with him. Then he laid his head next to Shade, touching her cheek with his snake-like tongue.

Shade
5th September 2004, 02:26 PM
Jade recieves the message and sends mental nod back to Tim, landing on the ground, and rubbing up against Shade's leg. Shade smiles a little, and picks the draike up, stroking its back gently, but slower and much more sadly than usual.

She has the urge to laugh as Tim's tongue touches her, for it tickles a little, but she knows it will be inappropriate. She still sniffles, tears still fall from her cheek, but she ceases sobbing, looking to Jade for comfort, and Tim, of course.

Mantis continues carrying the coffin. The motions for the rest of the group to follow, then heads down the path, a blueprint suddenly in her mind. She's only seen the graveyard once, but she remembers that there is a path leading to the woods from it.

Draco
5th September 2004, 02:30 PM
Tim raised his wing, but kept his head down near Shade.

"Would you like a ride?" he asked.

Shade
5th September 2004, 02:41 PM
Shade looks up at Tim, tears still coming down her face. "Thank...you," She says in a strained voice. "That...would help."

Draco
5th September 2004, 04:04 PM
Tim used his wings to lift Shade onto his back. Then he started down the path.

Though he appeared calm, and collected, inside his thoughts were in turmoil. He hadn't really known Hoax that well, but he had known him some, being a former clanmate of his. He was so lost in thought that he stumbled ovr a root.

"Ow . . . sorry about that."

Shade
5th September 2004, 04:43 PM
Shade gets jostled a little, but she doesn't seem to mind, she is so lost in her own thoughts. But it isn't like Tim to suddenly...trip. He's usually too aware to do anything like that, or so she things.

"Tim?" Shade asks, genuine concern in her voice. "Are you all right?"

Draco
5th September 2004, 05:01 PM
"I'm all right," muttered Tim. "I'm just a bit . . . distracted."

Shade
5th September 2004, 05:20 PM
Shade leans over and rubs Tim's belly. "You're not the one who should be 'distracted'; Mantis and I should be. Whatever's going on, I'm glad you're here."

Mantis, in the meantime, has finally finished traversing the path and sets the coffin down at the edge of the graveyard. She doesn't move into the graveyard, but just stares, as though lost in thought.

The graveyard itself is huge. The graveyard is 100 x 10, with two extra on the final two rows. Mantis has been told that a thousand orcs, a drow, and a human lay buried there. But, up until now, there has been a space in the middle of the graveyard. In the center of the graveyard is the pyre.

Mantis just stands there, silently crying, hoping no one will notice her occasional shudders.

Draco
5th September 2004, 05:26 PM
Tim turned his head and rubbed his head against Shade. Then he reached the graveyard. He bent his front legs, offering his own prayers to Hoax's spirit. Then he walked over to Hoax's body, and shed a single tear for him, just in case there were still some strings of his spirit clinging to his body.

Shade
5th September 2004, 05:35 PM
Taking Tim's cue, Shade angles her head towards the ground.
May God Bless You, Hoax. I was mean to you. You didn't deserve how I treated you. I blame myself for what has happened. If you can hear me, please forgive me...

The draike lands on Shade's shoulder, also with its head bowed down, licking Shade's cheek.

Mantis, too, declines her head, wanting to say something, but not able to find the right words.

May God bless you, Hoax...

Mantis shudders again. "I can't...do this." She says, looking teary eyed at the pyre. "I know I have to, but I just...can't..."

Mantis knows that she must eventually do this, yet some part of her doesn't want to do it. Mustering up some resolve, she heads slowly towards the pyre.

Draco
5th September 2004, 05:47 PM
Tim turned to Mantis, and walked over to her. He stretched a wing over her, trying to transmit to her some of his resolve.

Shade
5th September 2004, 06:10 PM
Mantis grasps the coffin firmly, turns to Tim, and nods. She is going to do this, if it's the last thing that happens. She gestures for the others to follow, putting the weighty coffin down in front of the pyre.

Shade idly strokes Tim's neck with one hand, while she strokes her draike's back with another.

Mantis speaks now, her voice much more firm and determined, yet it still quivers. "I think," She says, swallowing hard. "I think we should say some nice things about Hoax. Perhaps it will help us lift the burden his death has placed on us."

Shade clears her throat and speaks through choked-back sobs. "I...remember...when he took me into a strange world. He spoke so nicely to me then. He was nice; it was the demon that wasn't. I just never saw that...until it was too late."

Mantis nods somberly and adds her thoughts. "Hoax had a nice soul. He looked after Shade and me, asking no reward or anything, though he clearly deserved one..."

Draco
5th September 2004, 06:18 PM
"I remember," said Tim, "When I met him in the Keepers' Horadrim. How well I remember. I never really got that pharse about random carnage. You know, ' "keeping knowledge free" does not mean "promoting random carnage." ' And all the times we fought side-by-side in the Armies of the Forbidden One. How well I remember. But beyond that, I never really got to know him."

Dynellen Unholy
6th September 2004, 06:42 AM
Walking slowly forward, each step raising small cloud of dust as the dark characters foot strikes against the earth. Like a rider of doomsday He approaches, slowly but surely coming closer and closer, radiating pure evil to his surroundings. Cloak falling down from his shoulders, kept in it´s place by dark looking katana. Face covered by darkness of cloaks hood Dy´nellen Unholy walks forward, finally stopping before the small group gathered around a single grave.

"One of you invited me.... Why have you summoned me, or even more so who dares to disturb my work?"

So said the elf, slowly removing his hood and revealing his face to everyone, still the same blazing eyes the elf has, but clearly years haven´t been good to him, and his face looks more like filled with eternal sorrow than the malice he carried before. White hair flowing down to the height of ones shoulders... So young in the ears of elf, but betrayed so many times that older he clearly looks than other, playful, elves of his age.

Master of Dark crosses his hands and eyes blazing eyes the surroundings, seemingly not caring the slightest about graves surrounding him.

Shade
6th September 2004, 07:07 AM
Mantis shivers inwardly, feeling the aura radiating from this being. Shade also quivers, outwardly, even shaking Tim slightly. Fear radiates from her like crazy, and Mantis knows that not even she can calm Shade down, not at this moment, anyway.

Mantis addresses the newcomer, looking at the ground. "I invited you," She says, no sign of fear in her voice, though she is storing it inside, and certainly not any challenge present in her voice. "To Hoax's burial. From what I gather, sir, you were one of Hoax's two main teachers...or is it Masters? I never can quite remember." Mantis nor Shade have ever been taught by said person, so they're not sure as to how to address him. "At any rate, , I know you're one of two people, and I'm not exactly sure which one it is..."

OOC: Glad you could make it :D

Dynellen Unholy
6th September 2004, 07:27 AM
"Hoax? Burial? So the fool finally got himself killed."

Simply stated the elf, looking around and focusing his fiery gaze to the large, open grave. Snap of fingers. And the elves eyes are covered by dark, turning completely black they are. Dy´nellen watches his surroundings through Eyes of Night... And notices finally a coffin in wich one of his students from long, long time ago sleeps eternally. An uncomfortable silence falls over the place, it was one of those moments that expected something to happen, waiting someone to say something, or perhaps shed a tear for the dead. But no word is said, no tears are shed untill the elf slooowly crouches to one knee before the coffin, touching the fine wood work, almost as if he would actually care of it. Eyes turning back to their 'original' selves, two fiery dots in his face, in the dark......

"To answer your question of sort... I was once his master, heavy emphasis on the word was here. He abandoned my teachings of dark, and dared to adopt the ways of spirit instead. But take a look at you know.... Hoax.... You abandoned dark and now you´re dead, while my power carries on. Anyhow, how did he die? He was on the foolish side, but I know he wasn´t that weak to die against a single orc."

((You´re welcome :D I don´t do much quests or similar things these days but it´s always fun with the good old peeps.))

Shade
6th September 2004, 07:37 AM
"Um," Mantis says, trying to put this in the best light possible. "He performed an old self-sacrificial rite, or at least that's what we think. I, personally, think he was trying to do the world a favor and rid us all of his demon within. To some, it was a favor, to others, he created a great burden on them. Hoax, he was...too nice to be dark. Maybe that is a great fault, maybe it's not." Her voice slightly quivers, restraining the sadness within. "He will be missed by many."

Draco
6th September 2004, 09:16 AM
Tim craned his neck around to Shade, and tried to comfort her. He sort of "stroked" her with his wing, and slightly pressed his head against her.

Shade
6th September 2004, 09:20 AM
Shade's shaking begins to subside, and, after a few long moments, she is shaking only minimumly. She leans on Tim's head and asks, in a low voice, "Who is that? Whoever he is, he's scaring me..."

Draco
6th September 2004, 09:35 AM
"I'm not surprised," he said. He closed his eyes and started rattling off some facts to Shade, in privite.

"Name Dy´nellen Unholy; element dark; race fallen elf; specializes in swords and sword magic. Don't worry, I can take him if the worst comes to the worst, which it probably won't."

Rakoth
6th September 2004, 10:53 AM
Rakoth was following the group slowly, he kept his mind to himself, and would offer his support in due time. He was actually surprised to see Dy'nellen here, but that was nothing too far from the ordinary.

Rakoth kept following the procession.

Shade
6th September 2004, 11:00 AM
Shade gulps and nods, still sniffling a bit. "Right," She whispers, her voice still trembling. "Just don't do anything to provoke him. Hoax wouldn't want that." At her mention of Hoax's name, she gives a slight sob. Poor Shade still hasn't gotten over this yet.

Mantis, meanwhile, waits for the others to comment. "Does anyone else remember anything about Hoax?" She looks in Rakoth's direction. "If not, then let's do this...or at least try to."

Rakoth
6th September 2004, 12:56 PM
Rakoth nodded to Mantis, he had nothing to say at this time, he would wait before Shade and Mantis had spoken. This was there ceremony, it was there honour to be had. He would speak about Hoax, but even after Shade and Mantis had spoken, there were others who deserved to speak before him.

In time all would be said, and Hoax would rest in piece.

Dynellen Unholy
6th September 2004, 01:58 PM
"To say something about him? Not that much I quess. He was not my best student or anything, but then again he was far from the worst I´ve had as well. I quess he didn´t deserve to die in a such easy, or useless way. Death in battle is something one can at least earn some reputation through, death through personal sacrifice that could´ve been handled other way, is useless."

Wierd expression passes the elves face, something you might call a tiny piece or sorrow perhaps.

"Too bad he didn´t search me out, I might´ve been able to help him with that demon business.... Wasted talent I say."

Shade
6th September 2004, 02:02 PM
Mantis swallows hard as she continues to carry the coffin with relative ease. Eventually, the group winds up in the middle of the massive graveyard. There, she puts the coffin down at the foot of the pyre, small sobs emitting from her form. She buries her head in her hands, unable to continue for the moment.

Shade sobs too, but in small, controlled sobs, trying to get her emotions under control.

"I still can't believe it," She says. "I never thought I was going to miss him this much." She puts her head next to Tim's and sobs some more. Milander, her original kidnapper, and the doctor, her second kidnapper, she feels no remorse for. But Hoax, Hoax is different, now that she knows the whole story. She misses him a lot, and just can't seem to let go.

Mantis nods, still sobbing, agreeing with Dy'Nellen. If only...if only Hoax had gone some other way. Perhaps it would have been just as difficult, but then there would be more to remember Hoax by.

Draco
6th September 2004, 04:29 PM
Tim bent his wing in a very awkward position. He scooped Shade up, and kinda cradled her in his wing. Meanwhile, he spoke to her in draconic, sending her a soothing, unearthly tune, and a riviting pattern of color.

Shade
6th September 2004, 05:00 PM
Shade stops sobbing and listens, her eyes becoming wide in amazement. The rythym is so soothing, it makes her forget all of her troubles. She just sits mellowly, like a child would, and listens carefully to the melody.

"That song, it's beautiful. What is it called, pray tell?"

OOC: Two days off from now, guys.

Draco
6th September 2004, 05:47 PM
"It doesn't really have a name," said Tim. "It just is." The tune changed to a lullaby, a song he remembered from when he was a hatchling. After a moment, words started to take shape.

"Little flame mouths,
Cool your tongues.
Dreaming starts soon,
Furnace lungs.

Rest your wings now,
Little flappers.
Cave mouth calls
To dragon nappers.

Night is coming;
Bank your fire.
Time for dragons
To retire.

Hiss. Hush. Sleep"

Shade
6th September 2004, 05:53 PM
Shade eyes begin to droop, her energy spent for the moment from crying so heavily and for so long. She focuses on the melody and the words, then shuts her eyes, listening to the beautiful tune. Before she knows it, she is asleep.

Mantis sits down, rolling her eyes beneath her helmet. Come to think of it, she's a little tired, too. She, too, listens to the melody, though not understanding the words. Her eyes begin to droop, and she, too, is asleep.

OOC: This is the dropoff point of the "quest." When Shade and Mantis awake, we will continue (2 days). Feel free to RP in my absence...just don't incinerate Hoax :P

Draco
6th September 2004, 06:15 PM
Tim smiled fondly at Shade. He settled down, keeping Shade tucked safely in his wing. He folded the tip up like a blanket. He didn't fall asleep, though. He needed to stay awake, or he'd fall asleep for a week. He attempted to groom her with his tongue, like dragons did, without waking her up.

He was a little sad about Hoax dying and was definately sad that Shade was sad. But for the moment, he was here. Shade was here. They were together, him cradling her like a hatchling. For the moment, at least, he was content.

OoC: Okay, two days. Bye. BTW, note that Tim's wing is folded down, and Shade it resting on the underside of his wing, like a human might hold a hatchling.

Shade
9th September 2004, 06:25 PM
OOC: Bad Kharma seems to have...left :/

IC: Shade stirs a little, but does wake, or at least she pretends not to be awake, enjoying the simple presence of Tim, before she returns to Hoax, and gets sad again.

Mantis wakes up. "Okay," She says solemnly after blinking her eyes several times and doing a few stretch. "This is the hard part...Shade, you awake?"

Shade opens her eyes and stretches out under Tim's wing, reaches down and rubs his belly, then nods, tears once again appearing in her eyes.

With that, Mantis lifts the coffin after straining; it seems so heavy now as the realization finally hits home: Hoax is never coming back. She puts it atop the pyre and motions to Tim and Shade. "Tim," She says. "Can you..." Her voice dwindles a little, then she manages to say in a small voice, "Light the pyre?"

Draco
9th September 2004, 06:46 PM
Tim lowered shade to the ground, and slowly nodded. His sorrow was quite evident now. He touched Mantis's cheek with his long tongue, then turns to the pyre. He took a deep breath, opened his mout, and exhaled. The pyre caught fire. Slowly, hoax's body began to burn down to the ashes from which they had originated.

Shade
9th September 2004, 06:53 PM
Mantis feels slightly better to know that someone else besides Shade cares. It means a lot to her. As the body begins to burn into ashes, Mantis is reminded of a time not so long ago when she had been unable to save her friends. It seems that no matter what she does, she is a failure.

Shade turns to watch, then quickly buries her head in Tim's wing, not wanting to see the ghastly results. Mantis sits down, tears silently streaming out of her eyes, through her helmet, and then down her neck. She offers what little she can to Hoax: a prayer.

"May God Bless You, Hoax. You were a great man. I don't care what the others think of you," She continues, lowering her voice to a whisper with the last sentence. "I wish you luck in the afterlife. May God Bless You."

Draco
9th September 2004, 07:06 PM
Tim was now shaking slightly. He raised his wing, and used it to cover Shade and Mantis. He holds them against his side, stroking them and sending them his soothing images, landscapes of color, and that slow, haunting tune. He lay he head down next to them, and cries himself.

Shade
9th September 2004, 07:40 PM
Shade and Mantis are comforted slightly, but nonetheless weep openly. Before long, Mantis's jumpsuit looks slighter and darker from the tears, and Shade's face is once again tear-stained. After crying for quite some time, the women stop crying and begin to stroke Tim, Shade on his belly and Mantis on his head. Somehow, helping someone else makes them feel better.

By now, the fire is in full blaze...

OOC: Hoax has something planned for us...

Draco
9th September 2004, 07:55 PM
After some time, Tim's tears subsided. He rubbed his head slightly against Shade, then Mantis. Then he scooped them up with his wing, like he had done with Shade, and started grooming them with his tongue again. Somehow, it is an action he finds comforting.

Shade
9th September 2004, 08:32 PM
Mantis feels nothing, her head and hair being completely blocked by her helmet, but yet the motion, just watching, makes her feel much better. She sighs sadly. Soon, the next part of the burial will begin, just as soon the body finishes being burned. She shudders involuntarily as she thinks of Hoax as yet another friend she couldn't save.

Shade, in the meantime, smiles widely, trying to refrain from laughing, but letting out a giggle every now and then, strange for someone who is so sad and depressed. But yet this seems to bring her out of the pit of despair, if only for a few moments. Shade rubs Tim's back in response.

Hoax
9th September 2004, 09:34 PM
*as the fire burn the pyre and Hoax's body the wood grows weaker, its not long before one of the logs burns through, the pyre collapsing into itself, taking Hoax's body into the hottest coals of the fire, sending a plum of embers into the air, the flames surging up.
in the smoke that followed afterwards formed a figure, a man in a cloak, stretching out a hand towards the people gathered there before the wind whisked it away, the smoke blowing out into the sky....

though it could have been the wind, it would have seemed that a haunting whisper were left behind, echoing...

"remember me......"

Shade
10th September 2004, 02:04 PM
Shade and Mantis gasp as Hoax's form once again presents itself. They want to talk to it, but they can't find any words. They sit there, fumbling for words, but none come out. As Hoax goes, for perhaps the final time, Mantis cries out, "Hoax! COME BACK HERE!"

With that, the two women once again burst into hysterical sobbing.

Draco
11th September 2004, 07:13 AM
Tim was so shacked by Hoax's "return" that he let Shade and Mantis slide to the ground. In all his years, he had never heard of such a thing happening. But then, he reasoned, he had once returned from the dead, so was this really so strange. Then the two women started crying again.

Redundent, he thought to himself bitterly. That wasn't very nice. Tim scooped the women up again and started trying to comfort them, sending landscapes of soothing blue rain into their mind, strumming a soft, comforting tune. He even called down Jade to try and help.

Bad_Kharma
11th September 2004, 07:31 AM
OOC: I was on a short vacation

IC:
As the pyre burns to ashes, Ingold considered all done although he wasn't the one to comfort Mantis and Shade, Tim seemed to be doing a nice enough job at that so instead, Ingold had remained on the background. In the mourning, the ashes would be collected and placed within the hall of fallen warriors, yet the wind would first be allowed to disperse most of it, allowing the remains of Hoax to find a way home while the ashes placed in the hall would have a more symbolic meaning then anything else.

Then I'll be going now

With this, Ingold turned around again, moving through the light fog that now began forming on and around the graveyard, walking back to the keep to continue the feast in Redtigerfang and Hoax's honour.

Dynellen Unholy
11th September 2004, 07:38 AM
Dy´nellen simply shrugged his shoulders to the sight and fainting whisper. He then let a loose a tiny laugh as he remember something Hoax had once said to him about his rather... unusual ways of appearing to places.

"And you called ME the 'dramatic' one?"

Dy´nellen stretched his arms out of sheer boredom before finally bothering to speak again.

"Anything else worth my presence left to do here?"

Shade
11th September 2004, 08:10 AM
Comforted by the tune, Mantis and Shade's hysterical sobbing subsides into plain sobbing, then the sobbing becomes shuddering. The shuddering lasts for quite some time, then it, too, subsides into sniffles.

'Now it's my turn, Tim," Shade says, her voice small and wavering. "Help guide me through this." With this, Shade motions to Ingold, indicating that there is something left to do. But, if he doesn't come back, she can hardly blame him. "There is," Shade's voice is loud...then she stops, embarrassed as it cracks. "One more thing." With that, she hops off of Tim and heads towards the-now-completely-burned--funeral pyre. Directly in front of it, there is an urn.

At the ashes, Shade takes a brush from her pocket, and, holding the urn with her other hand, brushes the ashes into the urn. From there, she places the urn on Tim's back; Mantis holds it in place as Shade climbs up Tim's back once more. "We need to lay the ashes in that crypt over there," Shade says. "Lead on, Tim..."

Hoax
11th September 2004, 08:50 AM
*again the wind blew, catching the ashes from the urn and picking them up in a flurry, swirling around into a tight whirl wind, when the dust settles Hoax was left standing there, as looking as live as he ever had....*

Hoax ~ "well Dynellen, when your dead too you can show off all you want, until then try not to be so self rightists, pride will come before your downfall old master... your days are numbered. Use them well…

Shade, I will miss you like a old knight miss's his left arm lost in a war, I am sure you will feel the same...

INGOLD, before you return to the wake, try to remember, if you always look for the worst in people, that’s all you will find..."

*Hoax turned and looked at every one gathered around the pyre...*

Hoax ~ "if any of you have something to say to me before I sleep then I suggest you say it now, I don’t wish to be disturbed for a very long time...."

Shade
11th September 2004, 09:00 AM
Shade and Mantis nearly fall off of Tim in surprise. The two shiver, feeling a sudden chill run down their backs. Shade nods as she listens to Hoax speak, then begins to collect her thoughts.

"I will feel the same way about you, too," She says, her voice quivering, more so out of sadness than the little fear she feels. Then, a sudden question pops into her mind, and she in turn asks it. "What should we do with your staff?" She asks.

OOC: what? Nothing for Mantis or Tim?

Bad_Kharma
11th September 2004, 09:01 AM
Ingold didn't respond to Hoax, dismissing the argument for the late arcane mage still knew so little about Ingold. He just nodded and turned around, returning to the feast.

OOC: busy, busy, busy so crappy post

Dynellen Unholy
11th September 2004, 09:08 AM
The elf gave a sly grin to the spirit of Hoax.

"My days are numbered, that´s true more or less..... But I still have few hundred years left before I need to start worrying about thing known as death... And my pride? I´ve fought years and I´ve been betrayed more than twice during my lifetime, I may have pride, but that comes because of knowledge. There aren´t that many peoples above me in this world. But enjoy your time in death, one day I shall follow you to the darkness, wich you abandoned."

So saying the elf simply waved to the spirit, still somewhat grinning. The irony was one of the few things he had left to enjoy of this world, and as one of the few students who had dared to betray his teachings lay death before him it could be called fun in his thinking. Nonetheless wasted talent, with some suggestion perhaps Dy´nellen could´ve made Hoax return to his rightful path... But now the elf would never find out that.

Hoax
11th September 2004, 09:11 AM
*Hoax looked off at Ingold, he wondered what things would have been like... if only...

Hoax turned to Shade, putting all thoughts of the past behind him.*

Hoax ~ "well, every one else here has there items, yet I can "see" one starting a journey who has nothing, why not give it to the young boy, teach him how to use it and show him the way's of the mage...

as for my other items... if you find anything left of the soul stone then give it to Dynellen, I am sure he could find some use for it...

if you still have my dagger, then mount it upon the wall of the crypt, don’t clean it, put it there, just as it is, a small reminder how it happened....."

[ooc: I know what you mean BK, as fro Tim and Mantis ill think of something in the morning, its late at night and if I don’t sleep my brain will begin to liquefy….]

Draco
11th September 2004, 09:32 AM
Tim was mildly surprised at Hoax's return. He looked at him, eyes twinkling with amusement.

"Some return, some change, and some sleep," he said, his voice echoing eyes. "Rest well. For I have a feeling this will not be the last time we meet. Though I have been known to be wrong from time to time. . . ."

Shade
11th September 2004, 09:53 AM
Shade swallows hard and nods. "Good luck," She says. "In your new 'life.' I wish I could be there with you, but, as we all know, certain things must happen. I only wish your death could have been more...memorable." She reaches out her arms, as though to hug Hoax, forgetting that he is dead. Her arms go right though Hoax, and Shade turns away. In a few minutes, she turns back, tears in her eyes. "I shall do as you wish." She manages to say before breaking down into shudders.

Mantis, in the meantime, takes out a small containter, into which she pours the ashes. A small tinkling sound can be heard. Smiling softly, she puts a filter on the top of the containter, then pours the ashes back into the urn. Sure enough, there is a soul stone left in the container. Mantis offers it to Dy'nellen. "Careful," She says. "You probably don't want to touch it..."

Dynellen Unholy
11th September 2004, 10:09 AM
Dy´nellen watches the stone carefully before speaking.

"Soul stone? And what 'use' it would be to me.. I don´t think I totally trust Hoax... Even more so feeling the strange break he kept after telling you to give that thing to me..."

The elf crosses his arms by his chest, still eyes locked on the strange stone Mantis is holding right in front of his eyes...

Shade
11th September 2004, 10:22 AM
"Well," Mantis says. "The stone contains the demon Orical. I'd imagine that you could use it in the teachings of your spells, perhaps?"

Shade turns to Dy'nellen and speaks in a soft, sad tone of voice. "At the very least," She says. "I'd like it if you took it in its container and never used it, rather than you not accept it."

Dynellen Unholy
11th September 2004, 10:36 AM
Dy´nellens eyes grew wide of amazement... This would require him to be even more careful than he usually was but it would also give him some rather.... interesting possibilities.

"I presume this is the same demon Hoax wasted his life to get rid of.... Interesting... Most interesting indeed. I accept it and perhaps I shall keep it hidden in my halls, perhaps I shall one day confront the demon, time will show what I will do with it. But I quess keeping it inside a container for now is a good idea."

Dy´nellen stretched out his arm, preparing to accept the container from Mantis.

Shade
11th September 2004, 10:41 AM
Shade gives Dy'nellan a sot, sad smile and nods her head thankfully, unable to say anything at the moment, too stricken with grief. It is apparent that even after tthis burial is done, she will still have a hard time coping with this.

Mantis, on the other hand, seems to be taking it in stride, but deep down inside, she is melting. But she knows that she has to be strong and she will. She places the container in Dy'nellen's hand. "Use it wisely." She says, a sly grin coming over her face, though to Dy'nellen the expression is hidden.

Dynellen Unholy
11th September 2004, 11:00 AM
The takes the container calmly, then suddenly the box starts to become shady, shadowy but Dy´nellen doesn´t seem to be surprised the least, he simply trows the box as high as he can to the air, the box spins around, starting to remind more like dark mist than anything material. Then it´s force is depleted and it starts to fall down, a few seconds before impacting to earth the mist simply.... disappears. Dy´nellen looks whondering for a few seconds before grinning slightly.

"I never tried doing that on anything else than myself but it seems to work just fine.... Don´t worry, the box is safe on my halls now, I merely shadow jumped it there, though to admit that till this day I´ve only performed on that thing to myself. Well at least that´s tested now."

((I´ll add that thing to my stats when I remember, any specific way you wish it written? Considering I don´t know about it´s purpose and all. ))

Shade
11th September 2004, 11:10 AM
Shade and Mantis nod appreciatively. "Thank--" The two start at once, then chuckle sadly. Usually, they would have broken down in tears of laughter when they speak the same things at once. "--You." Again, they speak at the same time and they look at each other, Mantis nodding for Shade to speak. "It means a lot to us," Shade says sadly. "It really does."

In the meantime, Mantis becomes enraptured with the ghost again, staring at it dumbly, still amazed that there ARE such things as ghosts.

Draco
11th September 2004, 02:04 PM
"Is there anything I can do?" asked Tim. He put a wing on Shade's back, and the other on Mantis's, and let his courage flow through him and into them. Weather they accepted his strength or not, though. . . . But he hoped they did.

Shade
11th September 2004, 02:27 PM
Shade smiles sadly as the wing is put over her. Then, she feels some fuzzy feeling go throughout her body, dimming the sadness, if only for a while. She welcomes this feeling and smiles sadly once more. "Y-you've..." She trails off as her voice cracks again. "Just your being here helps." She strokes Tim's back lovingly. "And the wing helps, too."

Mantis, too, feels the same sensation. She recognizes it and knows it well. This feeling is courage, and it, too, dims her sadness. She smiles sadly beneath her mask and gently strokes Tim's back. "Thank you," She says. "I needed that."

The two women continue to look at the ghost while they stroke Tim, expecting the ghost to say something more.

OOC: I'm stalling here, waiting for Hoax to make his disappearance. But I like these little dialogues :D

Draco
12th September 2004, 08:13 AM
OoC: So do I. :biggrin:

IC:Tim touched Shade's cheek with his tongue again, almost subconciously. Then a question occured to him.

"Hoax," he said. "Do you have any family that should be informed of your passing?"

OoC: Any day now. . . .

:mistdrago

Hoax
12th September 2004, 08:58 AM
*Hoax pointed to Dynellen, seeing the look on his face...*

Hoax ~ "BE VERY CARFUL WITH THAT, a demon soul stone is one of the most patent and methodical "things" on this plane of existence, don’t ever touch it, never with your bare hands, the demon with in that plagued me fro many years, pretending to be my friend when in fact it plotted to kill those I loved most.
If ever you think my death to be in vain Shade, remember Orical.

(Demon soul stone
Powerful relic containing the essence of the demon: "Orical".
This ruin artefact can be used to conjure up the soul of one of the most powerful demons ever exiled to a soul stone.

How ever, contact with this relic's surface will lead to demonic possession.

:D we can make a good quest out of it some time Dynellen, I regret that we never did quest together)

Tim, no I do not have any family to speak of, my brother and I were the last livening members of our family lineage.
There is no next of kin to notify as you're all here....

Mantis, if I could ask something of you, could you gather up the books in my castle and archive them all in the army’s library, you might find something about you in there as well *;)*"

Wolve
12th September 2004, 09:26 AM
OOC;-
Okay, both Hoax and Shade have invited me here, so here I am! Hoax furthermore told me to act as if I was with you guys all the time, so I'll skip the boring walk towards the graveyard part :p

IC;-
Darius sighed heavily. He still couldn't understand. Mentally, he reached out at Hoax's ghost.

'..Why?...That's all I ask...Why?..'

OOC;-
Bit short, I know, but I don't really know anymore to say. :(

Shade
12th September 2004, 09:42 AM
Mantis sighs heavily. "I will do as you wish," She says. "Just...I haven't been to your castle in quite sometime. Can you refresh memory as to where it is?"

Shade in the meanwhile, strokes Tim gently on the head, and Jade lands on her shoulder. She strokes Tim with one hand, when stroking Jade with the other.

Draco
12th September 2004, 10:16 AM
Despite everything, Tim starts thrumming (the dragon equivilant of a purr) as Shade strokes him on the head. He nuzzled her neck, then turned to Hoax.

"I just don't understand," he said. "There must have been another way."

Shade
12th September 2004, 11:26 AM
Shade continues to stroke Tim's head, looking at him lovingly, yet sadly. Then, she turns back to Hoax. "Do..." Her voice cracks again and a single tear streams down her face. "Do..." Her voice cracks a second time. "Do you have any further instructions for us, Hoax?"

Hoax
12th September 2004, 08:40 PM
*Hoax shook his head at Darius and Tim's question...*

Hoax ~ "there was no other way, Orical was becoming more and more powerful, I was finding myself becoming Orical more and more, he was trying to hid thoughts from me, something that was hard to do.

We shared the same mind but only one of us could control the body at any one time, Orical saw me as his way out, he would have stoped at nothing to obtain his freedom.
I knew that if I let things continue I would no longer be able to suppress him, and if that had happened I would have permanently become Orical.

Mantis, my castle is on the far side of that mountain rage. actually its on that mountain range, its only a short journey by boat, you can sail right up to the base of the mountains one of the river boats, its one of the reasons the town was so successful...

Other than that I have nothing more to say, so unless one of you has something more to say I will take my leave of absence."

Shade
14th September 2004, 09:13 AM
Shade and Manits swallow hard and nod, knowing that this is most likely the last time they'll ever see Hoax.

"I guess..." Shade says. "I...guess...we'll see you on the other side someday..."

Mantis nods. "Goodbye Hoax. If you can, try and 'visit' us sometime, okay?"

The two have grief inside, grief too painful and nearly impossible to be let out. Shade turns to Tim and buries her head into his back (She's still on top of you). Mantis begins to shudder once more, but doesn't cry, simply staring at Hoax, taking in his details if only for one last time.

Draco
14th September 2004, 01:47 PM
OoC: Wait . . . I thought I put her on the ground. . . ?

IC: Tim tried his best to comfort Shade, but knew it was a hopeless endeavor, at least for now. He nuzzled her under the chin, attempting to raise her head.

"Shhh, little one," he said comfortingly. "You must watch. Watch, and grieve. See him while you can."

Shade
14th September 2004, 02:08 PM
OOC: I'm somewhere :p

IC: Shade lets Tim guide her head up, slowly. With tears pouring from her eyes, she consistently wipes them, but somehow, she manages to say one last "goodbye," but in a small, tiny, mournful voice.

Jade comes over to Shade, landing on her shoulder and licks her consistently, as though she too is trying to console Shade.

Mantis simply remains staring at Hoax. "G-good *sniffle* bye, I g-guess *sniffle*"

Draco
14th September 2004, 02:10 PM
Tim hung his head, in a respectful half-bow.

"Goodbye, Hoax. Fare thee well."

Wolve
16th September 2004, 01:18 PM
Darius shook his head.

'..No, I guess...As long as you drop by sometimes...We'll miss you man..'

Slowly, a tear starts to roll down Darius' cheeck.

'..Funny, that's my first tear in years..'

Rakoth
16th September 2004, 03:07 PM
"I trust that we will surely see each other again. Hoax, it was a good thing to know you, I am sorry about Orical. My own demons are part of me, I cannot be rid of them so easily. Maybe one day you can show me how its done."

Rakoth meant everyword. Hoax had managed to overcome this demon of his, Rakoth could as well, of that he was sure.

"I will take care of Shade and Mantis, unless someone does what he is supposed to do."

Rakoth looked meaningfully at Tim.

Hoax
18th September 2004, 09:00 AM
Hoax ~ "so easily? I had to give up everything for this, my worldly Possessions, my body. My friends trust and affection........

I would say that’s a fairly high price to pay to rid your self of a demon....

That said, I will say I have looked into your case, or I was... while I was still alive...

You’re different in the fact that for what ever reason you’re linked not through the mind like I was, but by the blood.....

I have no idea if death would bring you relief like it did me....

My time has come, I’ll say good by now and go, my blessings are bestrode on you all as I enter my sleep of eternity............................"

*Hoax's words echoing, lost to the wind as the form that was Hoax seemed to be swept up by the wind and blown away.
The urn Shade was carrying suddenly took one the weight of the ash's again. Filled as if it had never been emptied..............*

Shade
18th September 2004, 09:05 AM
"Goodbye." Both girls say at once, their voices soft, wobbly, and weak. They still can't believe that this is happening. Shade nearly drops the urn as it regains its original weight. Mantis picks up the knife and hands it to Shade.

Shade sticks it in her pocket for the time being. She motions to Tim. "Come on," She says. "I am too weak, but with your help, I can do this. Please take me to the crypt."

Draco
18th September 2004, 10:26 AM
Tim raised his head, and swept Shade into his wing, and from there to his back. Then he walked towards to the crypt, careful not to trip over any roots this time.

"goodbye," he whispered, then started off.

Shade
18th September 2004, 10:55 AM
Shade nearly drops the urn as Tim sweeps her onto his back. They walk on for what seems like hours, even though it is only a couple of minutes. Shade just stares at the entrance to the crypt, unable to go on. Mantis, too, stares at the crypt.

"I just can't do it..." Shade says. "I just can't."

Draco
18th September 2004, 11:01 AM
Tim understood completely. He stopped a short distance from the entrance.

"Let's stop and . . . rest for a moment." He knew it was a lame excuse, but he couldn't think of anything better. Shade needed a chance to mourn for a few moments before going on.

Shade
18th September 2004, 11:17 AM
Shade puts her head down on Tim's back gently, sobbing softly into his hide. Of all the people she knew, she never expected that she would miss Hoax of all people. After all, he had kidnapped her...but that was the demon, Shade reminds herself. She is lost in a sea of emotions. "I...I don't know what to do..."

Mantis climbs up on Tim and begins to rub Shade's head gently, trying to sooth her surrogate daughter.

Draco
18th September 2004, 11:24 AM
Tim didn't know what to do either. He had done everything he could, he didn't know what else he could do.

"You must do this," he said gently. "It will be hard, but it will get easier, I promise. Trust me."

Shade
18th September 2004, 11:38 AM
Shade swallows hard and nods. Then, she dismounts Tim and heads for the entrance. A small, decorative shrine, almost, has been placed there. There is a hole in it perfect to put the ashes in there.

Mantis goes in first, and taking a nearby hammer and some nails, mounts the knife to the wall. Then, she steps aside and Shade enters.

Shade walks with what little resolve she has left and manages to place the urn in the hole. She can't come out. It is too painful. She begins to wail loudly. Mantis comes rushing in and beckons Tim to follow her.

"Shade," She says softly. "Remember...remember how I said we would face our problems together?"

Shade sobs loudly and nods.

"Well, this is just one of these problems. Tim...you will also help her, won't you?"

Draco
18th September 2004, 12:04 PM
Tim shrunk to fit into the crypt, then nodded at Mantis.

"Yes," he said, to Shade. "We will face this together." He paused for a moment.

"Grief is like a fever," he said. [i]"It has to get worse before it can get better. But It will get better, I promise. i should know. . . ." The last bit he said almost to himself.

Shade
18th September 2004, 12:25 PM
Mantis turns to Tim. "What do you mean, you 'should know?'" She asks. Then, she covers her helmet where her mouth would be. "I'm...sorry...it's none of my business."

Shade continues to moan, walking over to Tim and hugging him. "Please, don't ever, ever leave me...I need you."

Draco
18th September 2004, 12:37 PM
Tim rubbed his head against Shade.

"I won't," he said. "I promise."

Shade
18th September 2004, 01:33 PM
Jade perches on Shade's shoulder and begins to lick her face. Mantis begins to gently rub Shade's head like a mother would a daughter. Shade buries her head in Tim's hide, still crying. "I..." Shade says between sobs. "I...I want...I want to...can you take me home,...Tim?"

Draco
18th September 2004, 01:38 PM
"Sure," said Tim. He walked out of the crypt. He grew back to his full size, and lifted his wings. He gave a great flap, and they were on their way to Shade's home.

Shade
18th September 2004, 03:44 PM
When they arrive home, the first thing Shade does is go into her room and shut the door, crying into her pillow. Even the draike isn't going in, afraid of what she'll see. But Mantis is genuinely worried. "Tim," She says. "I think you're the only one who can do anything about this...can you turn into your human form and comfort her?"

Draco
18th September 2004, 04:03 PM
Tim nodded. He began to glow, and he shifted into his human form once again. But he hesitated to go in.

"It's her room," he said doubtfully. "I wouldn't want to disturb her. . . ."

Shade
18th September 2004, 04:29 PM
Shade wailing comes clear through the door.

"Um," Mantis says. "I understand, but if you don't do something, she can be like that for ages."

Draco
18th September 2004, 05:11 PM
Tim nodded, and stole his breath. Then he walked into Shade's room. Silently, he put an arm around her. Then it occured to him that he should have knocked.

"I'm sorry for barging in like this," he said gently. "But you sounded like you needed some company."

Shade
18th September 2004, 05:19 PM
Shade looks up and turns around to Tim, hugging him and holding him, weeping into his shoulder. "I...i just can't believe he's gone..."

Mantis, in the meantime, goes to her room and locks herself in, staring out into open space, as though still looking at Hoax. She wants to cry, but yet something tells her she can't. She needs to be strong, but yet she still is sad inside.
I miss you already...

Draco
18th September 2004, 05:29 PM
TIm understood. He too, was saddened by the passing of Hoax, to an extent.

"We are all saddened by his passing," he said. "But, like life, this to shall pass."

Shade
18th September 2004, 07:23 PM
Shade says nothing, just holding Tim and sobbing quietly into his shoulder. This will pass, but it will take quite sometime.

Mantis yawns a little, but still maintains her stare out the window, disbelieving. She misses Hoax a lot already, but still she must be strong, she tells herself. She must be a leader for Shade, as she always has been.

Draco
18th September 2004, 07:42 PM
Tim guided Shade down onto her bed, into a lying down position.

"Sleep now," he said. "I will wait here for you to wake." He sat on the edge of the bed.

Shade
18th September 2004, 07:52 PM
Mantis, having nothing else to do, changes her suits, then goes to sleep. In her dreams, she sees Hoax and how good he was.

Shade goes to sleep after she can cry no more. She, too, sees Hoax, but this Hoax is different. Shade reaches out in real life, corresponding with her dream, to try and save Hoax, but she is too late and Hoax falls down dead, shot by some mysterious intruder. Shade wakes up in a cold sweat early the next morning, even before the sun has begun to rise. She breathes rapidly. Then, she sees Tim and realizes it was all a dream.

But still, Shade is deeply disturb by the dream. Not knowing what else to do, she goes over to Tim and hugs him, simply enjoying the presence of his company. "It was horrible," She says in a wavering voice. "My dream..."

OOC: This can go on forever :D

Draco
18th September 2004, 07:58 PM
Tim put an arm around Shade.

"What dream?" he asked. "What's wrong?"

OoC: We should wrap this up, it's drifting away from the main point of the quest.

Shade
18th September 2004, 08:03 PM
OOC: How? I don't care that it's drifting...if you can think of a way in which to end it...

IC: "I...I dreamt of Hoax. He was doing something...I could have helped him...then suddenly an arrow was in his back and he was dead!" She hugs Tim tighter. "It was horrible!"

Draco
18th September 2004, 08:38 PM
Tim said nothing, holding Shade in a tight embrace. Then he started another song.

"It's been a long road,
gettin' from there to here.
It's been a long time,
But my time is finally near.

"And I can feel the change in the wind right now,
Nothing's in my way.
And they're not gonna hold me down no more,
No they're not gonna hold me down. . . ." Tim's voice trailed off.

OoC: If you want the full song, got to Windows Media Player and search for "Faith of the Heart (Theme from Enterprise)".

Shade
18th September 2004, 08:45 PM
OOC: Here's a good ending spot. Take it if you want. Then we can start something else :D

IC: Shade calms down and remains holding Tim. She needs him, now more than ever. Perhaps Hoax's death...there is a good side to this. Or perhaps not. Whatever the reason, Shade, with Tim by her side, will face these obstacles one step at a time.