PDA

View Full Version : Do ABORTED sab attempts show...

STARBLASTER
2nd April 2005, 05:33 PM
.... on the opposing army's intell log ?
I would say that because your mission was 'called off' so to speak, that it won't show on thier intell log but.... I am not sure.

SupremeTerror
2nd April 2005, 07:22 PM
Ya it shows

STARBLASTER
2nd April 2005, 07:54 PM
...., very afraid (lol).

Flare
5th April 2005, 04:54 PM
are you sure it shows? because when an attempt fails it says " .......... has learned about the sabotoge mission, and is sure to retaliate."

but when a mission is aborted it does not mention the other player learning of the mission.

SupremeTerror
5th April 2005, 05:48 PM
Failure

Your Chief of Intelligence dispatches 1 spies to attempt to sabotage 5 of SuperNikki's weapons of type Blackpowder Missile.

Your spies attempt to break into SuperNikki's armory, but are spotted by sentries before they enter. Many manage to escape ... 0 are caught, interrogated, and executed. SuperNikki has learned about the sabotoge mission, and is sure to retaliate.

Aborted

Your Chief of Intelligence dispatches 1 spies to attempt to sabotage 5 of SuperNikki's weapons of type Blackpowder Missile.

Your spies are spotted inside SuperNikki's armory while they are attempting their sabotoge. In order to evade capture, your spies were forced to flee. Fortunately your spies are very sneaky, and many of them return safely ... 1 are caught, interrogated, and executed.

The difference seemes to be that with Failure you are spotted before you make the Amoury and with Aborted you got passed the walls and into the armoury but at the last minute were spotted.

Why is there 2 types of Unsuccessful results?

You tell me and we will both know :D
I put it in the same basket as why can you send 25 spies.

Propugnator
5th April 2005, 09:08 PM
With success, the spy is never seen and the enemy never learns of the mission until they use a sabbed weapon.
With failure, the spy is seen but escapes.
With abortion, the spy is seen and executed.

Monsuco
8th April 2005, 08:20 PM
With success, the spy is never seen and the enemy never learns of the mission until they use a sabbed weapon.
With failure, the spy is seen but escapes.
With abortion, the spy is seen and executed.
The spy can be executed both ways. The difference is one lets the damage be done but the other blocks it. At least I think that is what happens.

Rincewind
9th April 2005, 04:58 AM
I think they both have the same effect for players, but they fail at different points in the code. Using slightly different messages for failures at different points of the code is good - if anything goes wrong it can help the programmer track down the problem.

Shadowfox
9th April 2005, 08:37 AM
Good question ... I don't know to be honest :(

4ndr3x
9th April 2005, 09:41 AM
I think in previous ages there was a possibilty that you could abort the mission without beeing seen... Can't remember though...

metiz
10th April 2005, 06:21 AM
Just had chance to check some of the theory:
:hide: :sneakout: :whistle:
Number of Spies Spies Caught
8 hours ago MenofNobility Sabotage 1 0
8 hours ago MenofNobility Sabotage 1 1

:lol: :axeman: :dazeda:

Well apart from the usual question why?, I did a test run
(he's got real good defense :banghead: )

Your troops inflict 16,720,625 damage on the enemy!
The enemy sustains 1 casualties!
MenofNobility's forces counter-attack and inflict 87,433,663 damage on your army!
Your army sustains 1 casualties!
Your generals report on your weapon damage:
Blackpowder Missile
All were used
None were found to be sabotaged
Weapon strength went from 10,000 to 9,975.88

So it leaves my defence which I don't think were involved as he didn't hit me post sabotage, still will see tomorrow I'll get one of my officers to take a swipe.

Now if we could persuade MenofNobility to post his stats :idea:

metiz
:thegrey1:
(well almost)