PDA

View Full Version : buddy list

NERD_loserfreak
29th March 2005, 02:39 AM
I think on the buddy list there should be an a setting for someone to farm and another thing with the buddy list.......i also think commanders should be able to send there buddy list to there offices....tell me what you think (no sleep for the past 40 hours :sleeping: )

Punx Unite!
29th March 2005, 03:07 AM
Yes that sounds like an excelent idea for the farm list...i was also thinking about that. But i dont really know about the commander sending buddy lists, dont know how that would work...it would be a great combo with the farm list though:D

NoKtUrNaL
29th March 2005, 04:05 AM
meh, i dont do much farming
However i would like to see an addition to the buddy list where if you add a person (say another highly ranked officer of your commanders) their officers/sub officers are somehow shown, not added to the list cause that would be insane trying to find someones name amongst the hundreds in your list
but maybe something similar to how your officers/sub officers are shown when in the battlefield
It'll solve alot of inner clan conflicts
Maybe just some way to identify that you all have the same High commander...
but yeah farm list is a good idea for those who farm but personally its much to dangerous to do in my opinion :)

Commander_croxton2
29th March 2005, 04:53 AM
that is a bad idea. for people like denny and LS they would be searching through alot of people that say same clan

NERD_loserfreak
29th March 2005, 11:13 AM
but then there would be less fighting within there clans cause the clan leaders or top ppl wouldnt be attackinng the other members of the same clan ..........but another way to do it could be when you register you would select a clan icon that everyone could see on the attack page....maybe not when you register but whenever

bloodpirate
29th March 2005, 11:23 AM
yes everyone in a chain should automatically be added to the buddy/alliance list when they join

BigBubba
29th March 2005, 11:50 AM
My Farm list is "alliance"...my alliance are "friends...baddies are obvious and dont touch/spy/steal are neutral...easy... :whistilin

NoKtUrNaL
29th March 2005, 01:12 PM
yeah but you have to manually enter them...wouldnt it be better if those under you are placed in one column?
Or atleast give the option to change them all at once from the selected person downards
i rarely use my buddy list to get to stats pages
i just use it to know who to leave alone ont he battlefield

LMcNair27
30th March 2005, 04:21 PM
I have a few comments about this thread...

(1) I think adding another column or two is a great idea. People that don't farm don't have to use that one for that, but it's just another category.

(2) I really like the idea about somehow showing the officers of your friends/enemies/alliance/etc.

(3) to whoever thought that this was a bad idea because LS & Denny would have to wade through so many people... if they're already attacking ppl in their chain/clan/alliance, then they obviously don't care, and can continue ignoring it. if they do care, and don't want to attack ppl in their chain/clan/alliance, then this would save them some time.

Also, I have another suggestion:
something needs to be done about the buddy list getting filled up with inactive players. I have reached my 150 buddy limit, but half of them or more are people I had added from last age who are either not playing or changed their name this age. I have several options to solve this:
(a) inactive players don't count toward your limit
(this might be tricky because when people go on vacation mode they show up as inactive, so then if you add some people when the inactives aren't counting, and then the vacation mode ppl come back, you'd be over your limit)
(b) automatically delete inactive players from the buddy list
(this is probably not the best idea for the same reason as above)
(c) add a feature directly to the buddy list to manually delete people from your buddy list - something different from what's in place now, where you go to the person's stats page and change their status to "none" because currently you can't do this for inactive players since you can't go to their stats page.
:wave: :wave: