PDA

View Full Version : Order of the Masquerade recruitment thread - closes 19/9

Bad_Kharma
11th September 2004, 05:38 PM
Fr34kShaman, the first post is yours

fr34kShaman
11th September 2004, 06:00 PM
Clan Name: Order of the Masquerade
Clan Objective: To establish and use a forum based roleplaying structure based on Vampire: The Masquerade.

Members: 6/7
Fr34kShaman (leader)
MoonlightRequiem
Squidward
Poison
Mindframe
Krogothic

Information:
I am currently compiling information on the structure of of the system, I should be done soon, until then... Look at my character (in the sig) for an example.

Alrighty, basically you are entering the modern world either as a vampire or a human. There are many vampiric clans *per say* that you may use in roleplaying. The Masquerade is a roleplaying game that uses "rolls" for skills. These "rolls" are put into roleplaying sense and your skills should suceed at your own judgement.

Okay, for more information, visit my site.
http://www.geocities.com/big_rap_a

Vampiric Hierarchy (Camarilla)

The Prince

The ruling vampire of a Camarilla-held territory is called the prince. This powerful vampire is usually of Clan Ventrue or Toreador; however, Brujah, Nosferatu or even Malkavian princes are not unknown. The prince has absolute power to establish, grant or strip domains, and to declare certain areas off limits for hunting. The prince may declare certain areas as Elysium (neutral ground where violence is prohibited), and may call blood hunts on rebels and malcontents who violate the Six Traditions.

Princes tend to control city-sized regions; thus, there is a Prince of Paris, a Prince of Chicago, a Prince of Atlanta, etc. Because a city's prince has often lived in the area for centuries, she has had ample time to build a power structure, and usually knows far more about the workings of "her" city than rebellious anarchs give her credit for.

The Primogen

The prince is often served by a council of advisors chosen from powerful elders of the various clans. These elders are collectively called primogen. Though, in theory, a prince's rule is absolute, a prince who fails to heed her primogen often finds herself deposed or killed in short order. The primogen are formidable forces in their own right, and ceaselessly intrigue against each other and the prince.

The Elders

Elders are vampires who have existed for 300 or more years. They have mastered many magical powers during this time; most elders are deadly and formidable creatures. Elders tend to be scheming, ruthless and paranoid beings; they will do anything to hold onto their power structures, oppress or manipulate the younger "upstart" vampires, and destroy their rivals.

The Ancillae

Below the elders are the ancillae. Ancillae are most often vampires who have lived from 100 to 300 years of unlife, though certain ambitious younglings may achieve the rank prematurely. As their name suggests, ancillae often serve as aides and agents for elders or the court; they usually play their own power-games as well, though these are of lesser consequence than the manipulations of the elders.

The Neonates

Lowest in rank are the neonates, those vampires created less than a century ago. Though occasionally cherished, neonates are often deployed as pawns by scheming elders. This callous treatment, combined with the value recent generations place on individuality, often causes neonates to resent their elders. After all, when one came of age during the Summer of Love, it is hard to empathize with a reactionary old tyrant who grew up amid feudal oaths and Divine Rights.

Most beginning characters are presumed to be neonates.

MoonlightRequiem
11th September 2004, 07:24 PM
Mrow, I'm in

fr34kShaman
12th September 2004, 09:06 AM
Ok, now all i need is 5 more members.

Squidi
12th September 2004, 07:50 PM
I'll join i guess

fr34kShaman
12th September 2004, 08:01 PM
alrighty, if either of you have any questions, IM me.

TrollSlayer
12th September 2004, 08:35 PM
count me in.

fr34kShaman
12th September 2004, 08:37 PM
YAY!!! We might actually get this thing rolling. Same thing for you justin, IM me if ya got some questions.

MindFrame
12th September 2004, 10:53 PM
You know Im in man.

fr34kShaman
13th September 2004, 09:38 PM
system website added, more information is on there. Along with all you'll need to know when planning a char.

Krogothic
14th September 2004, 09:47 AM
I have arrived. I wish to join.

Splat
14th September 2004, 11:10 AM
I'm in. Are we first or second edition WoD? (Masquerade or Requiem) I'm guessing Masquerade by the clan title or whatnot, but hey, you never know.

fr34kShaman
15th September 2004, 06:29 PM
Okay, we got enough for the clan thread. We'll discuss the finer points once the thread is made.

Bad_Kharma
15th September 2004, 06:33 PM
clan thread made

http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?p=24799#post24799

this thread closed