PDA

View Full Version : Commander's Symbol in Attack Screen

jaylweb
26th March 2005, 07:30 PM
I've noticed that there are symbols for officers and sub officers while cruising through the attack screens. One thing there isn't, is a commander symbol. Yes I know who my commander is, but it would still be nice to see him recognized as that in the attack screen. Same goes for his commander.

This doesn't really affect gameplay, but I thought it would be a nice simple cosmetic enhancement.

Personally, I think everyone that is in the same chain as me, should be recognized in the attack screen with a symbol. This way I don't do anything stupid. My commander has A LOT of officers, in which I marked the top 50 as friends. Hopefully I won't attack the others, just gotta pay attention to who their commander is. :biggrin:

noirs
27th March 2005, 03:58 AM
Personally, I think everyone that is in the same chain as me, should be recognized in the attack screen with a symbol. This way I don't do anything stupid. My commander has A LOT of officers, in which I marked the top 50 as friends. Hopefully I won't attack the others, just gotta pay attention to who their commander is.

I agree!

~ Please add more content than this next time = Tyrus

frozen_banana
29th March 2005, 07:19 AM
me too

eth
29th March 2005, 08:30 AM
Yes, this is quite a good point, inter-alliance fighting could prove harmful.

bloodpirate
29th March 2005, 11:17 AM
yes, there should be some symbol as soon as you join a chain or alliance or clan

Mishkle
30th March 2005, 04:33 AM
Well, Idealy you would want a full command chain logo :)
Maybe the top person in the command chain could choose a small logo for the command chain to use or someting (if it is over say 100 players in the chain).

But as for main idea, Brilliant!

Pain4
31st March 2005, 03:53 AM
I've noticed that there are symbols for officers and sub officers while cruising through the attack screens. One thing there isn't, is a commander symbol. Yes I know who my commander is, but it would still be nice to see him recognized as that in the attack screen. Same goes for his commander.

This doesn't really affect gameplay, but I thought it would be a nice simple cosmetic enhancement.

Personally, I think everyone that is in the same chain as me, should be recognized in the attack screen with a symbol. This way I don't do anything stupid. My commander has A LOT of officers, in which I marked the top 50 as friends. Hopefully I won't attack the others, just gotta pay attention to who their commander is. :biggrin:

It is a great idea because ive attacked people in my commnd chain a few times by mistake and if there was a symbol or something then it would never happen unless ur blind.

eth
1st April 2005, 01:11 AM
It is a great idea because ive attacked people in my commnd chain a few times by mistake and if there was a symbol or something then it would never happen unless ur blind.Yep, ive done that too, recieved warnings. This idea should really be put into place...at least customizebly. What I mean is, that when you join an alliance, then an icon appears besides all of the alliance members, but outsiders cannot see the symbols of other alliances, so that an alliance cant be chain-robbed.

Pain4
1st April 2005, 03:51 AM
Yep, ive done that too, recieved warnings. This idea should really be put into place...at least customizebly. What I mean is, that when you join an alliance, then an icon appears besides all of the alliance members, but outsiders cannot see the symbols of other alliances, so that an alliance cant be chain-robbed.

Thats a better idea because if u could see someone elses symbol that isnt in your command chain then people would just see your symbol and sab you for no reason apart from the clan your in.

SoULeDgE
1st April 2005, 04:55 PM
Wouldn't it be easier just to put the "supreme commander" on the stats page?

bloodpirate
1st April 2005, 05:05 PM
I think what everyone wants is when you go to the attack page, all the people in your chain both below and above you are displayed somehow, not anyone elses chains or alliances or clans.

jaylweb
3rd April 2005, 03:43 AM
Wouldn't it be easier just to put the "supreme commander" on the stats page?
I'm referring to the attack screen, not the stats page. Currently, it shows a symbol for your officers and sub officers on the attack screens but not your commander or any of his other officers.

TCC
5th April 2005, 07:21 AM
Yeah, im all for it. Its hard to tell who exactly is in your alliance, especially if your in SC or PR.

MlA
5th April 2005, 07:24 AM
i think there should be some kind of way to mark all the player in your clan to have the alliance symbol. Because it'll be impossible to symbolis every freaking member

Pain4
17th April 2005, 06:38 AM
Also, when u join a clan it should automatically put every1 in the whole clan in the Alience part of ur Buddy list. That way there wouldnt be symbols for people to see from other peoples clan so they couldnt just attack or sabb them because they see like the PR symbol.

jaylweb
17th April 2005, 06:57 AM
Also, when u join a clan it should automatically put every1 in the whole clan in the Alience part of ur Buddy list. That way there wouldnt be symbols for people to see from other peoples clan so they couldnt just attack or sabb them because they see like the PR symbol.
On the attack screen, it shows a symbol for your officer and sub officers. Other people can't see those symbols. I'm suggesting they expand it to show everyone in your chain.

Swordmaster
18th April 2005, 12:37 PM
It is a good idea! Though... Mabye they want us to attack some1 in our command chain and get messed up? :)

master_prince
18th April 2005, 12:58 PM
it is a nice idea really but remember that some chains have alot and I do mean alot of members take LS for instance he has over 2000 offies and his officers have alot of officers so if you think this through when you go to "battlefield" everywere you look you'll see symbols :( don't think that's what you want, I say be carefull who you attack :P

Tesadus
19th April 2005, 04:15 AM
when you go to "battlefield" everywere you look you'll see symbols :( don't think that's what you want, I say be carefull who you attack :P
I would rather see a bunch of symbols, than accidentally attack someone...and besides, this way, there is more clan pride...seeing all your clan in the high ranks :)

eth
19th April 2005, 07:01 AM
Now, isnt this exactly the point mentioned in the "Self Alliance Identification" thread? Well, one of the points anyway. Should there be two threads with the same idea exist simultaneously? We've got to decide where to post for this idea and where no to post. (No pride, no jealousy, just a reminder.)

Swordmaster
20th April 2005, 12:22 PM
Then where do we post?