PDA

View Full Version : Movies Lupin the 3rd

Elmdor
11th September 2004, 03:06 PM
A classic anime with classic artwork. Lupin the 3rd is one of those great animes. A lecherous thief, legendary samurai, expert marksman, and a hot babe. The story goes through the many misadventures of the four thieves. Lupin, Jigen, and Goemon will go on a job to make a theft, and somewhere along the line Fujiko will come by and either try to steal from the thieves or join the group for a brief period of time. Zenigata is always chasing Lupin and always screwing up. He has to be my favourite charachter due to his extreme perseverence. Everytime he manages to catch Lupin he will always lose him. I don't think there is one episode where Zenigata just doesn't try lol.

Riss
11th September 2004, 05:32 PM
i love Lupin III. it's hilarious. i've read some of the manga, as well, and it's quite different from the anime series: art style is different, a bit more rough, and Lupin is more...evil, and lecherous. but it's still funny, too.

Pustolio
11th September 2004, 07:54 PM
i simply love this anime. i like the style of animation and artwork they used and its filed with lots of comedy. there are several references to lupin the third in other animes. in anime club, we were watching cowboy bebop and one memberpointed out that in one of the episodes some random character was wearing the same outfit lupin usually wears.

zenigata is my fav character. he is so persistant and completely crazed and insanely bent on catching lupin.

i thought it was quite interesting to see lupin chase after zenigata in one episode...

W.O.L.F.
15th September 2004, 05:59 PM
I think that Lupin the 3rd is an example of a great classice anime series. One thing that makes it good, is that it's so realistic, and could very well happen in modern day. Plus, Lupin chasing after Fugiko never gets old. :icon_lol:

Tighran
16th September 2004, 07:43 AM
Although I have the entire first season on DVD, I haven't watched any of the second or third seasons. However, the movies are great. The Twilight Gemini and Castle of Cagliostro are great, and Dragon of Doom is amusing too. However, the movie I REALLY can't wait for them to release in the US is Fujiko's Unlucky Days. I've seen a bit of a fansub years ago at Otakon, but have not been able to find any digisubs of it (except for hardsubbed in French)...

Elmdor
18th September 2004, 09:52 AM
i thought it was quite interesting to see lupin chase after zenigata in one episode...

I remember that episode. The reason Lupin was chasing him was pretty funny. [/size]Too bad Zenigata thought Lupin was a ghost and ran away lol.[size=5]

Sanbru
20th September 2004, 06:11 PM
A classical anime that is halarious and fun to watch its always funny to see Zenigata chasing after Lupin, I episcally like the episode where Lupin and the gang actually have to chase down Zenigata to retrive microfilm thats the funniest epidsode ive seen.

MasterHiei
20th September 2004, 06:25 PM
I must say, it is refreshing to see an anime that focuses on a group of people who are not for Justice, Truth, and the good of mankind. I see too much of that, and granted there are some shows that have poeple fighting on the side of good, for some not-so-good reasons, but the concept of the idea for this anime, its awsome. Lupin the III is funny, and it usually pretty cool to see what plans they devise to come out on top.

Vincent7
21st September 2004, 02:50 PM
I do have to agree with you, MasterHiei, but there is a certain good about this series. He is, after all, a gentleman thief, and not a low down and dirty thief. So thats the "good" part of his bad occupation. Its kinda odd and funny how Zennigada spends his whole career trying to capture Lupin the 3rd. I mean, doesnt he have anything better to do?

W.O.L.F.
22nd September 2004, 07:56 AM
Its kinda odd and funny how Zennigada spends his whole career trying to capture Lupin the 3rd. I mean, doesnt he have anything better to do?

Yeah, I know what you mean. Zennigada really needs to get a better job then chasing Lupin all the time. All though it does add a lot of good stuff into some of the episodes, I kinda feel sorry for him.