PDA

View Full Version : Your thoughts 3 years on

whirlwind
11th September 2004, 02:39 PM
Well today is 3 years on since the sep 11th attacks, what do you think to the current climate, and terrorism, has the world become a better place, or is even worse than it was then?

Your opinions please!

HookerBodyShots
11th September 2004, 02:48 PM
To me, this thread is the same as this one: http://www.giveupalready.com/showthread.php?t=1233

Moved to the GD.

Squidi
11th September 2004, 02:50 PM
I think the security in Airports is better, but I'm sure the terrorists will figure out some way to get on a plane if they ever do try to hyjack one again.

We found Sudam, that's great.

Stephen
11th September 2004, 03:43 PM
We certainly aren't safer. The blunders in Iraq and Afghanistan are to blame for that.

But I'm not particularly afraid. I see no reason to be.

I think that the world has really gone downhill since September 11th (or November 3rd of the previous year, you choose) - but at the same time I haven't been conscious to the experiences of this world for more than one decade, so my paradigm is much smaller than I would like. With this in mind, I am not predicting the end of civilization - I'm sure we've been in a much worse way before.

LT3_banned
11th September 2004, 04:01 PM
I still think that big buildings blowing up and people dying is a bad thing.
This event is not significant to me in anyway, it hasn't changed my life or made me think about the way any government works, it has no filled me with hatred for random foreign countries, it hasn't made me want to declare a war on terrorism, it hasn't made me want to vote for bush, and it hasn't made me want to do anything different with my life than I was doing before.

People jihad and no one wins, people have died and now everyone is sad because there was a random unnamed threat.
3 years of declaring wars have led to what?
Holding Iraq hostage?

Is that the sum of all this innocent afghan bombing?

So that 'don't worry, everyone's safe now, we've bombed random countries'.

I would have to say the news that kit-kats may be going out of business means more to me than the doom of America. Just get destroyed so I can save one of my favourite chocolate bars and get back to not caring about the world.

ShadowGandalf
11th September 2004, 04:04 PM
I love it how some people refer to how "we're" not any safer. Well sorry, but the terrorist attack wasn't in Bermuda. It wasn't in England. It was New York, USA. Don't pretend that Saddam Hussein wasn't a threat to the world. Don't pretend that the US hasn't captured terrorists around the world. I'm sorry that we anger the "Arab Street", but you know, sometimes making bad guys mad isn't a BAD THING.

Stephen
11th September 2004, 04:09 PM
I love it how some people refer to how "we're" not any safer. Well sorry, but the terrorist attack wasn't in Bermuda. It wasn't in England. It was New York, USA. Don't pretend that Saddam Hussein wasn't a threat to the world. Don't pretend that the US hasn't captured terrorists around the world. I'm sorry that we anger the "Arab Street", but you know, sometimes making bad guys mad isn't a BAD THING.
Seeing as how I now live in Connecticut, a $13 train ride from Grand Central Station, I deemed the word "we" to be quite appropriate.

Whimsical
12th September 2004, 02:23 PM
I like how buildings are being built more secure now. Architects are designing skyscrapers so they are not as vulnurable if a plane hits it.