PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Pokemon!

Elmdor
11th September 2004, 01:45 PM
Yes, Pokemon. This game is the only reason I own a GBASP. I play it often, and even try to 'catch 'em all'. I feel I'll never stop liking the game. Everything is so simple. Select Pokemon, attack, and win: what is better than that?

White_Hindu
11th September 2004, 02:47 PM
Maybe a storyline would make it better....

Elmdor
11th September 2004, 02:57 PM
The game was meant to be simple. A storyline would ruin the whole concept of "hit the a button as fast as you can". With a storyline you might have to read what the people tell you.

White_Hindu
11th September 2004, 03:30 PM
So why is it that I find Golden Sun to be the same genre as Pokemon, yet infinitely better?

I guess because I am inclined to read what people say.

Squidi
11th September 2004, 09:13 PM
I think Red/Blue were the best. They were the originals, and great! Gold/Silver was good too. Which ever ones came next, they sucked! They should've stopped with Gold/Silver. How many Pokemon are there now? 5 hundred and fifty-ONE!!!! And now there is that fire red and leaf green? Well I will admit, that is kind of cool that to play other people it is wireless, so props for that, but there are just too many Pokemon now. When will it end? Will it end?

Gladiator
12th September 2004, 07:12 AM
I think Red/Blue were the best. They were the originals, and great! Gold/Silver was good too. Which ever ones came next, they sucked! They should've stopped with Gold/Silver. How many Pokemon are there now? 5 hundred and fifty-ONE!!!! And now there is that fire red and leaf green? Well I will admit, that is kind of cool that to play other people it is wireless, so props for that, but there are just too many Pokemon now. When will it end? Will it end?
Wtf, 551 pokémon? I thought there were only like 351 but w/e.
This game is terribly addictive. I have played Blue/Red, Yellow, Gold/Silver and completed them. I've also played Ruby but never completed because I didn't care anymore. I agree with Squidward, they should have stopped because some of the new pokémon are so incredibly ridiculous that you would want to hit the designers in the face.

Squidi
12th September 2004, 09:01 AM
Nah, man. I'm just asking, how many there are. It seems that there are 551 or soemthing. There is R, B, Y, S, G, C, R, S, FR, LG. That's alot of games.....

mad ace
12th September 2004, 11:36 AM
Lets see, r/b(151)+y(same as r/b=0) + g/s(100) +s/r(100) +fr/lg(uses all the other ones without new) =351 pokemon to get... thats still a whole lot and to acually get all of them you need to do it on fire red and leaf green which are remakes of the original red and blue(green), I had trouble getting 150 in the first one I could never get that many before getting bored to death and starting again instead.

Squidi
12th September 2004, 12:16 PM
I feel bad for the Pokemon fanatics that waste there time trying to get every single Pokemon possible withour a Gameshark. And since the only way to get some Pokemon is from tournys or by going to the Pokemon place in NYC and paying money to get that Pokemon, well, it is just sad.

So Firered and Leafgreen are the same as Red and Blue? Then why is it Leafgreen and not Waterblue?

Gladiator
12th September 2004, 12:20 PM
I feel bad for the Pokemon fanatics that waste there time trying to get every single Pokemon possible withour a Gameshark. And since the only way to get some Pokemon is from tournys or by going to the Pokemon place in NYC and paying money to get that Pokemon, well, it is just sad.

So Firered and Leafgreen are the same as Red and Blue? Then why is it Leafgreen and not Waterblue?It's not sad, it's just a clever way of the creators to keep sucking money out of your wallet.

Darkstar_
12th September 2004, 12:23 PM
i liked and actually still like the pokemon games. I think that was the best part and the orginal part of the franchise. I find myslef beating them when i am bored...trading...gettting them all. Its just a great game i think. My favorite would have to be my first game for those old chunky gray GB pokemon Yellow. I just thought that was one of the sweetest games ever.

Squidi
12th September 2004, 12:29 PM
Pokemon and the Pokemon Card Game is probably the biggest..... hmmm I can't think of a word. Nothing will ever be able to match its popularity, well I don't think so. I mean every one of my friends and like everyone in my school had the pokemon games, and the cards. Yugio cannot match Pokemon, and I don't think any game will ever be able to. Even now, the game isnt as popular as it once was ( I wonder why) but it is still more popular that Yugio and other card games IMO.

mad ace
13th September 2004, 10:34 AM
So Firered and Leafgreen are the same as Red and Blue? Then why is it Leafgreen and not Waterblue?

Originally in Japan there was red and green but green never made it anywhere else as the pictures of the pokemon while different, werent as good as reds so the made a blue instead which is identical with the pokemon available except looking like red. So now they decided to go with leaf green after the original green but with the same look as fire red...why cant I remember other stuff so easily after reading them once or twice. Anyway i'm sure thats the reasoning behind it and I definately know that the new ones are just improved (graphically) versions of the orignals. Always fun to start with charmander on that make it really hard against the first 2 gyms :icon_lol:

unreal
15th September 2004, 11:44 PM
Pokemon trading card game is the best part of pokemon to me. It's just like i love to play card game such as monster rancher battle card game and foremost i would like to say that they are sometimes better than rpg pokemon type. It's more charlleging and collecting all cards aren't easy.

I haave well, not played all pokemon (rpg) series but only manage to complete them. Those are red, blue, yellow, gold, silver and sapphire. (except ruby)
They are actually one of the best game of all time for the game boy! Go go pokemon!

iwishiknew
19th September 2004, 04:30 PM
I completaly beat Red, well I cough them all save mew. I also got my full team (the three starters and the three legendary birds) to level three after restarting 3 times. I also got around 20 or so others to levl 100 with out using the cinnabar glitch.

Also I can't wait tell I can get Leaf Green and Fire Red as those seem very interesting. I like the idea of wireless trading.

pisogpapir
21st September 2004, 11:16 AM
lol i got all 151 in red and mew (got it via friend i never figured out how he got it...)

mad ace
22nd September 2004, 11:01 AM
For blue i got 150..couldnt use my old cheat thing for mew, really they should of given mew for getting the first 150 like in japan oh well. My best for multiplayer was my snorlax, lvl 251, 999hp and defense, fun to use but obviously overpowered cheating :D

Uther
22nd September 2004, 11:12 AM
i got all 151 for my red and yellow versions. all of them you could get for silver and crystal. I got the ones from Ruby, and I'm working on LeafGreen.

My best for multiplayer was my snorlax, lvl 251, 999hp and defense, fun to use but obviously overpowered cheating :D

Really? Mine was a lvl 100 Gengar with max hp, str, def, etc, and it had a lightning, water, ground, and I believe flying move. Could take out practically anything... man, i need a GS for my GBA...

Squidi
6th October 2004, 06:03 PM
Who thinks Pokemon would be better if it weren't a turn based game? Like if it was how it is in like super smash bros.? I personally think it would be much better. Thoughts?

Ceres
19th November 2004, 04:26 PM
I think a free for all fighting Pokemon game would be cool.

You could make it multiplayer with teams and go at it that way as well.

Pokemon games need multiplayer modes.

White_Hindu
19th November 2004, 05:11 PM
First of all, Pokemon does have multiplayer mode. Buy a link cable and hope your buddy has a gameboy and Pokemon. Second, Pokemon is the sterotype RPG--turn based. If they changed the most fundamental system of the game, the battle system, it would be ruined and no one would buy it to the extent that Pokemon has currently milked the market.

I'll admit, sometimes when I'm bored I think about playing Pokemon and leveling up all 150 pokemon, including unevolved forms just for my own enjoyment, but I remember the last time I played Pokemon. I bought Pokemon Sapphire for GBA, played for about 10 minutes, said 'fuck this' and turned off my gameboy and started playing Final Fantasy (insert number here).

Adm98
2nd December 2004, 07:26 AM
[B]Does anyone know cheats hints or tips for Pokemon Ruby on GBA Sorry if you think Im lazy...................but i am!

Masamune1134
11th December 2004, 01:41 PM

i dont know if anyone has answered this or not, but green version was the original name of blue version. and has anyone here caught a deoxys. there are three versions: attack,defense, and normal

McFuz2
12th December 2004, 08:04 PM
dude, my friend can beat red in under 45 min, takes me an hour 20 to beat blue. hes fuckin crazy.... and my times is better than youve done im sure.

ASL
13th December 2004, 04:51 AM
I was hooked on the Red and Blue series. But I mainly played yellow.
I saw every pokemon, and all you get is a little like certificate. I was like 5 off catching them all.
I stopped after Silver and Gold.

iwishiknew
14th December 2004, 03:40 AM
McFuzz I don't think it is POSSIBLE to beat R/B/Y in 45 minutes.

Also I only caought them all in Red. I didn't care about doing it in silver/gold/Crystal, or even Sapphire (which I lost) and Ruby (which I don't own.)

Benn
14th December 2004, 05:57 AM
pokemon sucks ass

TheOne
15th December 2004, 10:40 PM
pokemon sucks ass

I'm pretty sure that no one needed you to say that, I'm also pretty sure that you shouldn't make these posts.

It is possible to BEAT R/B in about an hour, as for actually doing that much in-game....

Have you ever played those weird pokemon game that have nothing to do with pokemon?
I think they're called Diamond and Sapphire.

Phyrus
15th December 2004, 11:14 PM
Have you ever played those weird pokemon game that have nothing to do with pokemon?
I think they're called Diamond and Sapphire.

diamond is the one out of line. sapphire isnt however as it is to ruby as is gold is to silver and red is to blue, so its a proper version.

Jayson
16th December 2004, 03:40 AM
I can't believe people still play pokemon...

I must admit though...

I did catch all 151 pokemon in the blue version :(

Masamune1134
22nd December 2004, 01:28 PM
I downloaded the rom for diamond version. It was the gayest shit -EVER!! It reminded me of DigiMon on crack. (it is the ones with the cellphone calling and stuff right?)

TheOne
22nd December 2004, 02:08 PM
How can you relate it to Digimon... At least that had style...

Yea it's the weird one where you talk to everyone on a cellphone.

Spectrus
22nd December 2004, 02:11 PM
Lets see, r/b(151)+y(same as r/b=0) + g/s(100) +s/r(100) +fr/lg(uses all the other ones without new) =351 pokemon to get...

Last I checked... there are 386 pokemon. I could try to name them, but I'm short on time. 1-151 are the pokemon in RBY. 152-251 are the ones from GSC. 252-386 are introduced in RS, with 386 being Jirachi...

I haven't seen any of the newer games. Emerald is supposed to be a remake of RS with a slightly different storyline like crystal and yellow were...

I play pokemon because it's a great ego booster. It's so easy to beat and then go around owning the hell ot of everybody. Yeah, an awesome ego booster.