PDA

View Full Version : Supreme officer

DarthNeo_SS
23rd March 2005, 10:34 AM
Koc need to add a Supreme Commander to the command center. Sometimes it is a pain to follow a command chain before I attack. Also it would cut down on same clan attacks. Just an idea.

atti
23rd March 2005, 11:27 AM
Totally agree with this one.. I think it was one of the suggestions I posted when Nick set the age 4 thread :) . This solution will save many time for lots of players..

-HyO

*->Static<-*
23rd March 2005, 11:43 AM
You have my support on this idea.

It is a real pain in the ass the follow the whole tree to get to the first commander of a chain.

Davie
23rd March 2005, 01:19 PM
well if its a biggish chain (say 200 plus) i will usually recognise someone pretty quickly and wil relise what chain it is.

otherwise good idea.

BigGator5
23rd March 2005, 01:27 PM
This is the coolest idea I have heard in a while. Some are just repeats.

I like it!

Okastega
23rd March 2005, 03:17 PM
A very good idea. It's a real pain to go up like 10 steps only to see if the person is in the same chain as me :S

Carnage
23rd March 2005, 03:19 PM
it'd be a real pain on the server to do it... it'd have to be stored its not as simp[le as you may think...

Lord_Seregon
23rd March 2005, 03:58 PM
I do not agree with you Carnage,

I think this would cut down on page loads in a huge way and with the php it is as simple as a lookup like the Rogue Guild Ckickers is doing now (eventhought the clicker is not php) It would trade off bandwith and pageloads for a commander lookup on one page per user scripted into the existing code. And as the others pointed out would make the gaming faster knowing if they are in one chain or the other from a single page rather than the 20 to 30 it is sometimes to get to the top commander.

Seregon

Carnage
23rd March 2005, 04:32 PM
ok so instead of people looking up pages one by one at a reasonable speed, it does the db lookups all in one go... for every stats page you look at the complication lies in getting it to work efficiently with deep command chains that have 30 or more layers to them

Lord_Seregon
23rd March 2005, 04:41 PM
While I do agree that there is always the potential for a database problem, it is my understanding that the load would be no greater than that of having to go up in chains by a factor of 2 times (your commanders commander). We are not talking about any more than a simple line code in the existing modules that would be checked at the same time you load the player you wish to attack and would be far less than going up a chain manually 30 users that each have database loads anyway.

I just think that something like this would add quality to the game rather than the mass of page loads that is currently the norm.

Seregon

Dragaroth
4th April 2005, 05:15 AM
I totally agree with the concept, but disagree with how it should be handled.

There should be a String supremeCommanderName that is privately viewable to the clan. This supremeCommanderName should change for all officers of a commander who changes commander.

This would be a relatively short addition to the lookup time and would only require querries whenever a user changes commander's (or joins a new command chain, which could be handled the same way).

There should not be a viewable supremeCommanderName to make it at least somewhat difficult for clan attacks to be done, it should just be there to prevent intra-clan accidental attacking. Afterall, they can always click on your commander and get all of your officers and your commander's officers.