PDA

View Full Version : Winner of ages

Robboboe87
20th March 2005, 10:47 PM
since i didn't join koc untill age 3 i was wondering who has has one all the ages including beta ages.

help me out plz.

Phyrus
20th March 2005, 10:52 PM
age 0 = Death_Hippo (long time ago)
age 1 = Loviaroth_CL
age 2 = orc00
*age 3 beta = Denny
age 3 = Denny

* = was not a proper age, but in the end people pretty much thought of it as one as it went for as long as a normal age (approx 6 months)

Blitz
20th March 2005, 11:09 PM
Age 3 Beta was...

It can be considered a full age in retrospect, except for the crazy ending. LordStriker and others had a large lead, and Denny wasn't even top 3 (although he was usually in the top 5.) This was because PR was formed mid-way through the beta, so they had spent most of the age pushing the Orc00 account. (LordStriker was #1 by a large margin for most of the age.)

Then, on the last day, the admins added Sentry to the game (New feature) and brought back Sabotage. Everyone started with 0 sentry, but had their full spy, so the sabotage was incredible...But that's a long story there. :tongue: Anyways, Denny was the best account that hadn't been wiped out and wasn't in hiding at the end. Even an account that was ranked 5,000 could be boosted up to the top 20 at that point though, since so many accounts were hiding (abusing a bug in the change email) or had already been wiped out by random/not-so-random sabotages. Or...At least I'm pretty sure that Denny won the beta. I don't know it for a fact, as the end beta ranks weren't posted or anything, but most people believe Denny won, and I'm sure that a number of people saw him at #1 in the final turns...I didn't research this as much as I should have. :tongue:

A couple of corrections, though...

LordStriker didn't win Age 2, he was brought down in the last day by mass attacks. Orc00 surpassed him with 12 hours left in the age...Although I hear that even without mass attacks, the sell-offs he was receiving could have pushed him to #1. *shrugs*

Also, fury won Age 2 Beta. I don't know how many players were invited to Age 2 Beta, I'm pretty sure it was under 500 or 1000 though, and there were a lot of changes going on throughout, so it was VERY different from a real age, but...Nice bit of trivia, and fury still deserves credit for the accomplishment. :)

EDIT: My bad, looks like Orc00 won Age 3 Beta. I thought he still had his account inactive on the last day, but it looks like it wasn't. I believe Denny finished #2 that age, and LS somewhere in or near the top 10, but out of the top 5.

llama_of_terror
21st March 2005, 12:50 AM
i sure wish i wouldve been around for all this

piperman_GR
21st March 2005, 02:52 PM
age 1 = Loviaroth_CL
age 2 = orc00

I remember those times, I left after age2 ended, and now I came back! :D

nanuuk
21st March 2005, 03:37 PM
Then, on the last day......

This is the recurring tactic. Wait it out, build your alliance and mass everyone during the final week to try and win.

It'd be much more interesting and would end the sandbagging if there was no forwarning about when the age is ending.

The last week of age 3 with the MOC chain sabs was the most recent example of this tactic, even though it failed.