PDA

View Full Version : Starting with spys

Monsuco
19th March 2005, 06:28 PM
I noticed at the beginning of this age you needed a spy to see the gold of anyone. I thought this was obnoxious. Should you need spys to see the gold of people with no sentries? Should spys have anything to do with seeing gold or should you be able to see everyone's gold irregardless of spys and sentries.

Jedi
19th March 2005, 07:05 PM
It's there for a very good reason. Although it is not as fun as in Age 2, you could see the top 50 people's gold. The hidden gold was implemented in Age 3 Beta, initially you have to spy in order to view people's gold! That was way too terrible, my heart jumped with glee after discovering people with 200k gold which is very small amount compared even for that time.

Now they have implemented the spy for sentry ratio which was applauded. Yes, the system should remain unchanged.

Monsuco
19th March 2005, 07:38 PM
I mean should someone with no spys be able to see someone without any sentries. I don't remember for sure but I think in Age 3 you didn't need to have a spy to see someone who didn't have a sentry.

UlTiMa-
19th March 2005, 08:06 PM
eehhhh.... i dun really care lol... it doesnt make much a difference, the only people without sentries are new accounts basically....

Jedi
20th March 2005, 09:36 PM
I mean should someone with no spys be able to see someone without any sentries.

In reply to your suggestion, I suppose that would not be a good idea. Furthermore, there was a public poll right before Age 4 began and majority voted to leave it as it is.

I don't remember for sure but I think in Age 3 you didn't need to have a spy to see someone who didn't have a sentry.

That's not true, sentries and hidden gold concept was introduced in middle of Beta Age 3, almost towards the end of age. Before that, you can see everyone's gold, which include top players as well.

hopless2002
21st March 2005, 05:29 AM
I think that someone with no spys should be able to see the gold for someone without any sentries

bloodpirate
21st March 2005, 11:07 AM
I think that to see someones gold that is behind walls in a castle or whereever with no sentries, you would need 1 spy. unless you can see through walls like superman