PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited Clicking

KaiserWilhelm
18th March 2005, 10:36 PM
I see an inherent unfairness in our clicking system, as follows:
Due to static ip's some players can click the same link many times a day, enabling them to gain men at a rapid rate, especially with the help of recruiters. Notably, not all players have static ip's. I suggest that for a balance to be met that all players be allowed unlimited clicking (ie, you do not have to wait 24 hours or even a minute), instead of just some players.
The extent to which "unlimited" clicking is allowed is of course negotiable, but I hope that my comment is taken with due seriousness.

perisious
19th March 2005, 12:08 AM
seriously.... people wouldn't have to run recruiters or even join a clan. They would just sit there and keep clicking there own link all day. Kinda pointless if you ask me. ruins the entire game.

Monsuco
19th March 2005, 05:07 PM
What is a static IP anyway. Unlimited clicking is a bad idea.

xD00M
19th March 2005, 05:12 PM
Different IPs. I have that with AOL and I cant click more than once a day. I think it has to do with cookies.

KaiserWilhelm
19th March 2005, 05:48 PM
Unlimited clicking is a bad idea.
In that case, why do we put up with static ip's:icon_psyc . Of course they're not unlimited but they are close.

riddle
19th March 2005, 09:09 PM
there are 2 ways to track if a user has clicked a link, 1 is with the ip address of the user who clicked (this is necessary to keep people from clicking their own link all day) and with a cookie in the browser. there are ways around both that are CHEATING so i won't go into them. and yes people who click links more than once do have an unfair advantage and that is why it is cheating.

nanuuk
19th March 2005, 10:18 PM
you're getting it backwards. Static IP's never change, dynamic ip's do. Your ip# is how KOC remembers you. If you have a static ip, it knows you've already clicked this link in the last 24 hours. Dynamic ip's are different.

Most internet service providers have a limited number of ip #'s they can assign to users, so you may get a different # each time you log into the internet. Since your ip number has changed, KOC doesn't know you've already clicked a link, so it lets you click it again.

This is a known and accepted quirk in the system, and as long as you don't intentionally log in click, log out-login click logout etc to keep changing your ip...all is good. Using this method to "rotate" ip's is considered cheating, as is using proxies to rotate ip's.

Cheating is bad. Only wimps, cowards, and losers cheat. Cheating also leads to reduced mental capacity and pimples.

Cheaters on average are uglier than honest players, and can't get a date to save their lives. Most cheaters have an IQ of less than 65 and foul body odor.

*edit* there is another step required other that logging out and back in to allow you to cheat....but I'll not feed the already rabid cheating on koc. meaning, I ain't gonna tell you.