PDA

View Full Version : Admin --> Player contacts

Deeppack
18th March 2005, 08:40 AM
Atm only a few people have the "awes0me power" to talk to admins. However with this way of working nothign will ever be done. All ideas in here will simply be forgotten. No one seems to care. And this has to change. There should be a lot of people able to talk with admins and spread it among people. This doesnt happpen. Everyone complains about this. There seems to be a lack of communication. This cant go on this way. I understand a few admins cant do it all on theirselves, but they should def get people to help them. Representing everyone and not just a few people they like like it is now. Also they should stop trying to choose a side. An example was when Nick was braggin about how he owned LS cheating and such in the channel, he obviously tried to be popular with the pr people who control 90% of the channel kingsofchaos. From sources i heard that another admin was concerned about this 2, and i really think this should change.
(if LS used stuff i dont know, it doesnt matter, but u cant choose sides in role like that)

I suggest a team of people who can have contact with the admins, people from all sides. This way people can also check eachother for playing fair. And most important the ideas in here could actually be considered. I doubt if they will ever get heard atm.

This thread isnt here to insult anyone, its to show some concern towards the game and a way KOC could improve IMO.

Deeppack

Stephen
18th March 2005, 08:49 AM
name@kingsofchaos.com

aman checks his account, and I'm sure that nick does too.

The admins honestly don't care who wins the age. They have nothing to gain from favoritism. Nothing. I'm really sick of these absurd accusations.

clockhuys
18th March 2005, 09:13 AM
I think they said what was in denny's sig for a few days/weeks (dunno exactly).

If they said this, in my eyes it is like accusing someone of cheating. Since they are the admins, and they accused LS of cheating, and even said that they had prove ("I know all the ins and outs from LS's autobuyer") they should have suspended him. They have not done this, probably for the reason that whatever he was doing was not illegal. I think they shouldn't say such things if it isn't illegal, and it has everything to do with favoritism.

Deeppack
18th March 2005, 02:14 PM
Its not about prove. its the fact hes bragging about it. If LS cheated u ban him, u dont brag about stuff thats trying to be popular, now u can say ur sick of this accusations, but im representing over a ******* 7000 people and this needs to change.

Blitz
18th March 2005, 02:25 PM
Not that many people have the admins' contact information. I talk to the KoC Admins, as do Tyrus and other GUA Staff members. I know that the admins try to visit #Kingsofchaos on occasion. Also, it isn't just one alliance that has the admins' contact information. I know DW (TheBrotherhood) talks with the admins fairly often. But the fact is that they really don't have much time, and things like the Age 4 Poll (where I personally went through the Round Table and tried to include all worthwhile ideas) are far more efficient than just bringing up all these individual issues to their attention, as it would require a great deal of time.

Deeppack
18th March 2005, 02:30 PM
Fit, can u honestly tell me that the ideas, opinions in this forums reach the admins? And TBH only has contact with ben, who's by far the best koc admin.

Blitz
18th March 2005, 02:42 PM
I only have the contact information of Nick, who is a cool admin imo. ;) I do know people who can contact Aman and Rocco though. I was under the impression that DW had the contact info of more than one admin from what I heard.

Anyways... http://www.giveupalready.com/age4poll.php?do=view

I made this poll with Carnage editting it, and I tried to include all major issues from the Throne Room. At the time Age 4 started, there were about 860 votes. The admins tallied the votes and then decided on the basis of what would be best for the game (balance), what would take the most time, and what they thought was right. Some of the changes made at the start of Age 4 do reflect the changes requested in the poll, such as...

1) More available mercenaries
2) Lower spy rating required to see enemy gold
3) Improved countermeasures against autobuyers
4) New unit production scale
5) Players can change commanders twice during the age
6) Repair all option in armory
7) New flash games
8) Amended rules to prohibit processes that automatically access Kings of Chaos (i.e. Autobuyers)

There were also a couple changes they thought of and a few general upgrades.

The admins started Age 4 without the major changes, but they say that thoughout the age changes will be made. I don't know which ones they will pick, or when they will be added. But, as they have already made some changes at the start of the age, and are now in the process of cleaning up illegal programs and banning cheaters, I believe that they are spending more time on the game, and will be trying to include other changes soon. :)

So...I do think our opinions reach the admins. It could be improved, but I think things have improved greatly recently, and will continue to improve.

Deeppack
18th March 2005, 02:48 PM
What if i told you, i heard from very very trustable sources that admins decided not to change anything this age anymore? Im not gonna tell who, but trust me on my word its no lie

Blitz
18th March 2005, 02:53 PM
It's their choice whether they want to change things this age or next. But, all the same, I'll believe that they are going to make more changes until they tell me otherwise. After all, they said they would just a month ago at the start of Age 4. They put a new, complicated, captcha system in place about 1 1/2 weeks ago. They suspended some players for cheating just last night. Odds are that more changes are on the way.

Deeppack
18th March 2005, 03:16 PM
I really hope so, cause so many things can easily be improved, and im spending valueable time here to make the game better and so are a lot of others, I dont like bragging bout top ranks anymore i want to improve the game for future people. But i just never see anyone around, im really afraid ideas will not even be heard.

Monsuco
19th March 2005, 05:05 PM
Now before we tell the KoC admins that they aren't listening think of how many forums there are. It would be hard to look at all of them. I also think they have some "test" accounts to see if the game plays well.