PDA

View Full Version : Banking.

clarion_necromancer
17th March 2005, 09:46 PM
Hullo.

I've had an idea for quite some time now and i just now found out that MediWar (another game like KoC) has done this. So now I think its a GREAT idea! Here it is. I think that KoC should have a Bank feature where you can store gold in the bank kind of thing. The gold in the bank you should be able to pull out so you can have it in your Treasury when you want it to buy things. Now the gold in the bank should not be able to be stolen. Also to make this realistic there should be a certain amount like 10% deducted from any Gold you put in the bank. Letsay you deposit 100k, 10k should be deducted out of it. What do you guys think?

kaka duck
18th March 2005, 12:28 AM
we already have one of those clarion. unfortunately, the interest is a wee bit higher at 25%

GreenArrow
18th March 2005, 02:31 PM
I wish people would go into past psots b4. I'm tired of this topic. It's a horrible idea, and only helps out newbs who never heard of banking in weapons. The only reason the bank works in DarkThrone is because the sell back value on all weapons is close to 30% of the cost you paid to get it. Over here at KoC, the sell back cost of all items is 75%. So go buy those knives, and you can sell them for 75% of what you put into it. Knives are the ideal weapon to bank in, but I'm not gonna explain why.

Think about that for a while, and mabey you'll start to understand.

nod2003
19th March 2005, 05:15 AM
The sell off cost for weps should be increased though to something like 80 or 85 percent

clarion_necromancer
19th March 2005, 04:46 PM
I still like the idea of having an actual bank though..

Monsuco
19th March 2005, 06:12 PM
Banking is bad because it takes the challange from KoC. Just buy sticks as bank weapons (they are also a way to make use of that last 200 gold.

Jedi
19th March 2005, 07:09 PM
Clarion Necromancer (cool name btw), I believe you seldom check out this forum. It has been suggested many times by other members, but yet we never see it implemented in the game. :(

Where's the fun in it if you cannot steal people's gold? That's the foundation of the game, you build up your strike action and go out stealing gold, which I do.

master_prince
21st March 2005, 05:12 PM
Banking is bad because it takes the challange from KoC. Just buy sticks as bank weapons (they are also a way to make use of that last 200 gold.

yep that's what I do, and that's what I'm teaching my officers to do when they want an upgrade.. just start by banking either sticks or knifes every turn till you have enough top sell to do your upgrade.. it's kindda the same as an actual "bank" to store gold.. and plus that whole banking idea may just ruin the game..
sory nec.
~master_prince

READ MY SIGNATURE YOU ...

hungryman287
21st March 2005, 09:23 PM
A specific bank feature would make me prolly stop playing KoC

Tovid55555
22nd March 2005, 04:21 AM
What about a bank where when you sell weapons, the money goes into the bank, not in your hand.....

You cannot withdraw from that bank only buy weapons with it....

I will stop sell-off accounts and stop the need of hacking/selloffs...

Tovid

dfyeah
22nd March 2005, 12:13 PM
some players want to sell off so they strongly deny the idea.

kaka duck
22nd March 2005, 12:21 PM
What about a bank where when you sell weapons, the money goes into the bank, not in your hand.....
You cannot withdraw from that bank only buy weapons with it....
I will stop sell-off accounts and stop the need of hacking/selloffs...

bad idea.

might as well make it so all your tbg goes into that 'bank' as well.

or hell, why we're at it, let's eliminate attacking as well=)

Tovid55555
23rd March 2005, 05:41 PM
I do not see why a bank which you put money in can be making the game easier because if you have the time to log in and put the gold in your bank then you could buy weapons with it too....

Some people might want sell-offs, but some people might not want fake accounts/hackers...

I dunno, fairly new round here...

Tovid

Mordee
24th March 2005, 05:15 PM
well if they can hack into your account they should just delete it and save them the trouble... again banking the money in some bank is no fun... no point in raising an army and attacking some guy only to know he was banking... and I see no fun in that either, it'll just end up being a race to the top... don't know about you, but i rather fight my way to the top than sitting there and counting my gold....