PDA

View Full Version : Stopping Auto-things ! (this is the working thread)

Monsuco
17th March 2005, 09:06 PM
I realize that there are plenty of threads that have complaints about the codes but I haven't seen any sugjestions or polls. So easy to destroy so hard to create. I would like some recomendations. Should they use the image that appears twice, the codes, the image number thing (like in clicking your link), the codes but make them only numbers, the codes but make them only letters, or some other thing. I personally want to see them use the image that apperes twice but use only letters or only numbers cause some of them look alike. S and 5 or 1 and I or 0 and o or l and 1 or Q and 0. It really annoys everyone. Oh and to the admins: what was wrong with the click on the image that apperes 2 times?

Phyrus
17th March 2005, 09:16 PM
what was wrong with the click on the image that apperes 2 times?

it went screwy, some people were able to just click the image space when the image didnt load and still get a soldier, hence the "type in the code" verification now

LightBlue
17th March 2005, 09:33 PM
that sucks, the clicking the same number thing was nice and easy, no harder than clicking "purchase weapons". my vote was for that, but if they are "screwey" i guess they are good how they are. im curious, if anyone knows, how do they program something like that?

Xer0n
18th March 2005, 01:58 AM
i think the system works fine as it is..

nanuuk
18th March 2005, 02:32 AM
I'd like to see a random mix of captchas. This would make it that much harder for ocr use in autobuyers. The other thing I'd like to see is real teeth in the rules. Break them and Poof...your account is deleted...for good. A 24 hour suspension is nada compared to what they gain by cheating. In this case...crime most certainly pays.

I'm betting that the most vocal opponents to captcha's...are the cheaters themselves.

Zap
18th March 2005, 03:07 AM
I really don't have the big problems with the code system, but the H and M can sometimes appear to to look like each other

supersvanen
18th March 2005, 08:17 AM
There's also an N that looks a bit like an M .. and S that looks like a 5 .. and R that looks like an A etc :bash-lol: Anyway, as long as it creates a level playing field preventing AB's and stuff, i think its okay :)

Gimliisadwarf22
18th March 2005, 09:58 AM
yea to many things look alike all you had to do is change the numbers and letters that look alike.. i cant see the diffrence between 9's and q's so many times i have to keep typing in the code 2-3 times till i cant a code i can read which is annoying. So keep the system untill autobuyers brake through again but change certain numbers/letters that are heard to read.

Monsuco
18th March 2005, 04:39 PM
Could someone who cheats just figure out how the images are generated and write an autobuyer that can tell what the image is?

kaka duck
18th March 2005, 06:04 PM
i think the system works fine as it is..

i concur.

the only thing that i would rEALLY LIKE is if they allowed you to hit ENTER on the input line instead of actually having to click on button.

i hate having to mouse around, then goto keyboard, and then back to mousing around..

theagemaway
18th March 2005, 06:24 PM
anything but the "click the character that appears twice".. too much thought :p

H2SO4
18th March 2005, 07:32 PM
The system would be fine as it is if some of the images weren't so ambigueous and actually looked what they were supposed to be.

It's extremely annoying to enter a code only to be told it's wrong.

nod2003
19th March 2005, 05:22 AM
Its not hard, all the letters are CAPS so that you shouldnt mix up a Q and a 9. Now for those who are lysdexic, I am always typing a p for a 9 lol

variationpwnz
19th March 2005, 06:47 AM
I think that they should work on the system of 2 symbols that look the same so that it isnt screwey anymore, 'cause this system of typing codes sux