PDA

View Full Version : Streamline captcha system

Ktalah
16th March 2005, 10:52 AM
I'd just like to start by saying that I have absolutely no problem with the measures taken by the admins to prevent the use of automated programs. I believe that these measures are necessary to prevent the game from turing into a programming competition.

With that said, I feel that some measures could be taken to reduce the annoyance caused by having to type in characters for every action taken. The idea itself is quite simple, when you select 'attack' or 'spy' in someone's profile you are immediately asked to enter an alphanumeric sequence. Assuming you do this correctly you will then be able to execute all the options within the menu, for a limited period of time. I think this would help with sabotage and attacking in general.

There are some problems that I see with this, it would make chain sabbing more viable which is currently something of an issue. However, if you wanted to chain sab you would still have to enter a sequence for everyone person. This concept could be applied in the same way to the armory, training and even the mercenaries page.

Deeppack
16th March 2005, 11:04 AM
Yes, great idea. I posted something about a random affiliator with sending messages earlier today, but this def. looks as the best way to solve that problem and lots of others as well.